Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
rjSampaio

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:33:41 PM

hi every one, first timer on wafflepool

i just swithc from scrypt 2 days ago to x11 and i notice (if im correct) that x13 is more profitable than x11, i calculate this base on btc/mh/day on the two algoritms for the last 7days.

I open up a excel and put all 7 days profit from both and multiply by my own Mhash on both algos, but just realize i dont need to do the math, as the "vsLTC:" already does all the math right?

so can i assume i can launch my batchfile (one x11 other x13) depending the trending?
Last 2 days x13 vsLTC is way higher than x11 so can i just switch base on that every few days, or there is a better way, even a automatic way?

Also, as im new to x13 (3 hours  Grin) is the best parameters the same as x11?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

Profit is really low lately...

Huh? Compared to?
No kidding jump on X13 right now Smiley u cant expect PW to do it all use your head Smiley

Shit looks like I need to get on X13 now huh....

from x11 to x13 it just takes less than a minute to reconfigure everything. Almost all x11 settings work out of the box, it uses the same sgminer, a readily available kernel and likes the same graphic card drivers. Hell, it took just 10 seconds to restart cgwatcher with the another batch file.  Where is the problem?

You should know better to assume that one size fits all in the mining world. I've been lax myself in getting X13 configured, as my attempts to use even the latest release of SGminer 5, compiled by nicehash was met with cards not recognized at all when launching. I finally settled on a 4.1 version that was modded for x13 and x11 that did indeed work and I'm moving over now. No idea why I cannot use the release compiled by nicehash, and a few others, but I suppose I should compile myself.

Updating 50 rigs isn't a quick task, but it's usually worthwhile, and I'm on 12 of 50 so far. Smiley  I just need to go back and figure out why SGminer 5.0 won't work for me, perplexing to say the least, as I don't see a similar issue from others.. I get a "clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable" error when I launch, and it isn't a driver issue, as the machine mines just fine with other versions.

Just hoping Xn takes us through the summer! Smiley

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

hi every one, first timer on wafflepool

i just swithc from scrypt 2 days ago to x11 and i notice (if im correct) that x13 is more profitable than x11, i calculate this base on btc/mh/day on the two algoritms for the last 7days.

I open up a excel and put all 7 days profit from both and multiply by my own Mhash on both algos, but just realize i dont need to do the math, as the "vsLTC:" already does all the math right?

so can i assume i can launch my batchfile (one x11 other x13) depending the trending?
Last 2 days x13 vsLTC is way higher than x11 so can i just switch base on that every few days, or there is a better way, even a automatic way?

Also, as im new to x13 (3 hours  Grin) is the best parameters the same as x11?
Yes, most settings will transfer over to x13 from x11. All I changed was the port and  but I did have to update my miner to sgminer 5.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:02:34 PM

from x11 to x13 it just takes less than a minute to reconfigure everything. Almost all x11 settings work out of the box, it uses the same sgminer, a readily available kernel and likes the same graphic card drivers. Hell, it took just 10 seconds to restart cgwatcher with the another batch file.  Where is the problem?

I am using Ubuntu with Sgminer. I have been mining x11, and tried to switch to x13. I changed the kernal from x11mod to x13mod, and get the following error when running sgminer:

[10:03:21] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[10:03:21] "/tmp/OCLNNs6JC.cl", line 885: error: identifier "buf" is undefined
          INPUT_BIG;
          ^

"/tmp/OCLNNs6JC.cl", line 885: error: a value of type
          "const __constant sph_u32 *" cannot be assigned to an entity of type
          "const sph
madian

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:31:41 PM

Huh? Compared to?
No kidding jump on X13 right now Smiley u cant expect PW to do it all use your head Smiley

You should know better to assume that one size fits all in the mining world. I've been lax myself in getting X13 configured, as my attempts to use even the latest release of SGminer 5, compiled by nicehash was met with cards not recognized at all when launching. I finally settled on a 4.1 version that was modded for x13 and x11 that did indeed work and I'm moving over now. No idea why I cannot use the release compiled by nicehash, and a few others, but I suppose I should compile myself.

Updating 50 rigs isn't a quick task, but it's usually worthwhile, and I'm on 12 of 50 so far. Smiley  I just need to go back and figure out why SGminer 5.0 won't work for me, perplexing to say the least, as I don't see a similar issue from others.. I get a "clDevicesNum returned error, no GPUs usable" error when I launch, and it isn't a driver issue, as the machine mines just fine with other versions.

Fair enough, I shouldn;t have assumed that. However, from all the switches we had to make, x11 --> x13 is by far the easiest. While I don;t have as many rigs as you do, all our 290s systems required just the new X13 kernel. Same 4.1.0 sgminer, same drivers, no config change.

Btw, I see many ppl assume that everybody is mining on *nix systems. Why? windows works good enough, no driver hassle, cgwatcher friendly, easy to upgrade. Is it just because of a need for a hdd and some more ram?
chadwickx16

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:34:40 PM

Huh? Compared to?

Fair enough, I shouldn;t have assumed that. However, from all the switches we had to make, x11 --> x13 is by far the easiest. While I don;t have as many rigs as you do, all our 290s systems required just the new X13 kernel. Same 4.2.1 sgminer, same drivers, no config change.

Btw, I see many ppl assume that everybody is mining on *nix systems. Why? windows works good enough, no driver hassle, cgwatcher friendly, easy to upgrade. Is it just because of a need for a hdd and some more ram?
I used to use only windows until one day when it decided to hate me, switched to BAMT and never looked back.  But everyone is different.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
richmke

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:51:22 PM

*nix is free.

Are you running any Windows XP machines? If so, I might consider the switch, as I have XP licenses I am no longer using.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

I can't speak for "everybody", but I used to run a ~ 50/50 Windows/Linux farm and got rid of most of the Windows machines. To me the ability to compile mining software and remote access (try connecting to a Windows box from a phone when all you have is GPRS) are the two major reasons to use Linux. Other issues with Windows - cost of an SSD vs a USB stick, license cost, activation hassle. The only advantage of Windows that I can think of is the ability to overclock NVIDIA cards.

Having said that, for one or two rigs Windows is fine. It just doesn't scale well.
madian

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

I can't speak for "everybody", but I used to run a ~ 50/50 Windows/Linux farm and got rid of most of the Windows machines. To me the ability to compile mining software and remote access (try connecting to a Windows box from a phone when all you have is GPRS) are the two major reasons to use Linux. Other issues with Windows - cost of an SSD vs a USB stick, license cost, activation hassle. The only advantage of Windows that I can think of is the ability to overclock NVIDIA cards.

Having said that, for one or two rigs Windows is fine. It just doesn't scale well.

good points, however in my case the license is not a problem and I don;t see why you require an SSD. Old hdd lying around work without any problem. Some of my old rigs even have 40gb ide harddisks in them and the new ones have anything from 80GB to 250GB. remote access works great in windows too with tightvnc, but I must confess I haven't seen gprs in a while:)

For me the ability to compile my own miners is of no consequence, I prefer to mine as hassle free as possible and not experiment the shit out of my rigs (software wise). I just download things that work for other ppl and are deemed safe. I prefer the use of cgwatcher/cgremote for my amd rigs and my own remote watcher for nvidia rigs. Plus, I VERY rarely need to connect to my systems. They all have Rpi resetters if they freeze (happens once every 2-3 days with sapphire trix 290s, never with sapphire ref. cards) and for the rest cgwatcher does its job.

lurking around forums for a while reveals that most problems users have is with *nix rigs. I presume that they work great after being set up but appear to be resilient to change Smiley
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:34:46 AM

Hi,

This is Judge Crypto... the Judge Coin wallet forked at block 6000 to fix a PoS issue.  Please update your wallet ASAP.

Thanks!

Judge Crypto
m0narch

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:43:54 AM

I run my rigs on Ubuntu. I have a lot of professional IT experience, some of which is as a Unix admin so I am very comfortable mining on this platform. Probably not what I'd recommend to non-technical people though. The hardest thing I find is just keeping up with the many many forks of the mining software and which fork can mine which algo. This is easily what I spend most of my time researching. Getting the rigs up and running and kept patched or updated doesn't take much of my time. I did struggle a bit with my very first builds mostly because it was not easy initially to figure out the package dependencies to get the rigs up and running. It certainly would have been much easier on Windows.
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:44:07 AM

@PW
Hi,

This is Judge Crypto... the Judge Coin wallet forked at block 6000 to fix a PoS issue.  Please update your wallet ASAP.

Thanks!

Judge Crypto
NOTICE!

*** HARD FORK OCCURED AT BLOCK 6000 Coming that FIXED STAKING ISSUE.  YOU MUST BE RUNNING v1.1.0 of WALLET OR YOU MAY LOSE COINS

Wafflepool and Trademybit are on the wrong fork....

If you are pointing your hash at them you will not get credit for your coins as you are on the wrong fork.

I posted messages to both pools.  If anyone is mining with them ask them to update their wallets Smiley
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:48:35 AM

I advise all on X13 to discontinue until PW fixes wallet for Judgecoin ... profit is now imaginary if we are forked ...

Ouch may be a lot of orphans Sad
judgecoin    500.00019705    43,000.01474863    0.55245019
nitrocs

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:04:30 AM

I advise all on X13 to discontinue until PW fixes wallet for Judgecoin ... profit is now imaginary if we are forked ...

Ouch may be a lot of orphans Sad
judgecoin    500.00019705    43,000.01474863    0.55245019

Thanks for the heads up... back to X11 for now
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:09:30 AM

NP Smiley I'm off to mining Diamondcoin (groestl) Solo until X13 safe to mine again.
m0narch

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:18:37 AM

Yes thanks for the warning... temporarily switched back to x11 as well.
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:11:26 AM

judgecoin    499.99999708    57,000.02766582    0.73427535

Hmmm ... exchange may be unaware of hard-fork also ... Mine X13 with caution I am waiting for PW to respond, emailed him ...

This does not seem right at all ... after hard-fork:
Jul 10, 2014 (partial)    0.92819657    8.97 GH/s    0.00075921    408%

Before hard-fork ~ 240-250%
chadwickx16

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:14:32 AM

Any word on nicehash and judge???

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:24:03 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 03:34:31 AM by utahjohn

I am not home ATM.  The launch dev did say that there could be quite a few orphans at start of pos as the pos difficulty adjusts.  

If you are on v1.1.0 you are on the correct fork.  Bittrex is updated too.

Best practice in a situation like this is to not transfer coins till network stabilzes.

Tithe launch dev is asleep I will check with him in the morning if we have an issue.

Is nicehash on the correct fork?

Nicehash is not a pool...They only sell hashrate...It seems to me that wafflepool is causing trouble.
utahjohn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:41:13 AM

I have sent email to poolwaffle (dev) of wafflepool and also warned on WP thread that mining Judgecoin on X13 pool is dangerous ... a few who keep up on things have moved to X11 for time being but there's still 9+GHs on X13 ...

Thanks Smiley  if they are mining on the wrong chain they will wont get credit for the mined coins so I believe they will fix asap.
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: