Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465525 times)
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:46:59 PM

Is there a way to manually set pool diff with Wafflepool? I have several large ASIC miners and 512 diff is WAY too low. They just spam your servers with shares.
it was possible earlier, as the password to deliver x=1024. It seems works and now.
What about higher? Like 8000 or 16000 diff? Do those work?

What difficulty would be useful?  Would be reasonably trivial to setup an extra port with very high difficulty.

Can you do two ports, one for 8k and another for 64k or so? There is wide range of new ASICs now between 10-90 MH/s and even faster ones are coming.

Why did a pool tell me to use d=512 for my 30 MH's Gridspeeds?   Are there differences between types of ASIC's?Huh I thought 30 MH's is 30 MH's?Huh
Yes, there is a difference.

And it is?HuhHuh    WTF is up with people on this forum.....
I assumed that since you have a computer, and posted this question online, that you had all the necessary tools to go find the answer. My fault, shouldn't assume. I almost didn't answer your question because your reply was quite rude. However, I'll play nice.

This example assumes you have Gridseed Blades, not Gridseed 5-Chip Miners. The 512 number you were given is too low for Gridseed blades. You want something in the 1024-2048 (maybe even 4096) range.

You have 30Mh, roughly 6 Gridseed Blades hashing at 5Mh each. My A2 has 6 internal blades hashing at 14.5Mh each. This means that each of my blades can do roughly three times the amount of work that yours can in the same amount of time.

In order to make things more efficient and stop miners from spamming the pool with shares (and requesting work too fast), you give them more work at a time to process. Faster miners can process more work than slower miners in the same period of time. This is what the difficulty setting does.

Regular Guy™
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:20:27 PM

Why did a pool tell me to use d=512 for my 30 MH's Gridspeeds?   Are there differences between types of ASIC's?Huh I thought 30 MH's is 30 MH's?Huh

Which pool told you to do that? d=512 might be ok for 30MH/s if the miner can send and get work fast enough but generally you probably don't want difficulty that results in more than a share every few seconds. Lower diff i.e. more shares allows the pool to show a more accurate hashrate estimate, aside from that there is no real benefit. So for example 30 MH/s at 512 difficulty should generate roughly one share per second - probably ok but might be too much for slow controllers like Pi and/or slow network connections, if all that 30 MH/s is hanging on one controller. 4k difficulty would give you a share every ~10 seconds on average if I'm not messing up my math here.

In theory there is no difference which ASIC you use to generate your MH/s, however from a practical standpoint if you have a lot of small miners it makes sense to use lower difficulty - as long as the controller can keep up - this would allow you to better see how each individual miner is doing.
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:14:47 PM

Is there a way to manually set pool diff with Wafflepool? I have several large ASIC miners and 512 diff is WAY too low. They just spam your servers with shares.
it was possible earlier, as the password to deliver x=1024. It seems works and now.

What difficulty would be useful?  Would be reasonably trivial to setup an extra port with very high difficulty.

Can you do two ports, one for 8k and another for 64k or so? There is wide range of new ASICs now between 10-90 MH/s and even faster ones are coming.

I assumed that since you have a computer, and posted this question online, that you had all the necessary tools to go find the answer. My fault, shouldn't assume. I almost didn't answer your question because your reply was quite rude. However, I'll play nice.

This example assumes you have Gridseed Blades, not Gridseed 5-Chip Miners. The 512 number you were given is too low for Gridseed blades. You want something in the 1024-2048 (maybe even 4096) range.

You have 30Mh, roughly 6 Gridseed Blades hashing at 5Mh each. My A2 has 6 internal blades hashing at 14.5Mh each. This means that each of my blades can do roughly three times the amount of work that yours can in the same amount of time.

In order to make things more efficient and stop miners from spamming the pool with shares (and requesting work too fast), you give them more work at a time to process. Faster miners can process more work than slower miners in the same period of time. This is what the difficulty setting does.

Thanks Volder.. Sorry I got a bit snotty..   Long day at the office.. My bad.

JHammer

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:15:45 PM

NiceHash.. Which I found odd..

I have a 20 pack of Gridspeeds and 4 blades.. 
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

No worries. It's in the past. Already forgot about it.

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:21:43 PM

NiceHash.. Which I found odd..

I have a 20 pack of Gridspeeds and 4 blades.. 
256 or 512 is great for those little gridseed pods. It's a bit low for the blades. You should have them on separate controllers anyways though.

Regular Guy™
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:23:48 PM

Which pool told you to do that? d=512 might be ok for 30MH/s if the miner can send and get work fast enough but generally you probably don't want difficulty that results in more than a share every few seconds. Lower diff i.e. more shares allows the pool to show a more accurate hashrate estimate, aside from that there is no real benefit. So for example 30 MH/s at 512 difficulty should generate roughly one share per second - probably ok but might be too much for slow controllers like Pi and/or slow network connections, if all that 30 MH/s is hanging on one controller. 4k difficulty would give you a share every ~10 seconds on average if I'm not messing up my math here.

In theory there is no difference which ASIC you use to generate your MH/s, however from a practical standpoint if you have a lot of small miners it makes sense to use lower difficulty - as long as the controller can keep up - this would allow you to better see how each individual miner is doing.

Difficulty has no effect on requesting work (which isn't even a thing).  The pool pushes work to miners at the same speed regardless of miner speed (whenever there is a block change, or enough transaction changes to warrant it).  The client adjusts certain numbers client-side to keep working without constantly needing new work from the server.  The only difference a low difficulty would make is that you'd need to submit shares more often (and that is reasonably minimal from a client side at least).

That said, we definitely can add a port with high difficulty (or maybe re-add user-specified difficulty in the server)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:47:10 AM

Difficulty has no effect on requesting work (which isn't even a thing).  The pool pushes work to miners at the same speed regardless of miner speed (whenever there is a block change, or enough transaction changes to warrant it).  The client adjusts certain numbers client-side to keep working without constantly needing new work from the server.  The only difference a low difficulty would make is that you'd need to submit shares more often (and that is reasonably minimal from a client side at least).

That said, we definitely can add a port with high difficulty (or maybe re-add user-specified difficulty in the server)

Ok, that explains it, but there is definitely a noticeable slowdown on underpowered controllers when difficulty is too low. Could be that it's not so much controller-to-pool but controller-to-miner communication.
JHammer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:50:54 AM

So is it normal for 1 BTC per MHS's per day to drop so much when prices rise???  I guess despite the drop we still making about the same since the price is up?   No one asking or worried about it but me so I guess so.

Or is this the new normal due to all the ASIC's coming on-line?

ingrown

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

So is it normal for 1 BTC per MHS's per day to drop so much when prices rise???  I guess despite the drop we still making about the same since the price is up?   No one asking or worried about it but me so I guess so.

I imagine the BTC/1MH drop is solely due to the fact that the value of BTC is rising but the value of the altcoins hasn't risen.  You're right, we should be making about the same assuming you cash out your BTC immediately.  The altcoin market may adjust, but I have no idea if or when that would happen.
JHammer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:38:01 PM

I imagine the BTC/1MH drop is solely due to the fact that the value of BTC is rising but the value of the altcoins hasn't risen.  You're right, we should be making about the same assuming you cash out your BTC immediately.  The altcoin market may adjust, but I have no idea if or when that would happen.

Interesting to try and figure it out.. SO MANY different factors play into this its kind s of mind boggling to me..
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:41:44 PM

Interesting to try and figure it out.. SO MANY different factors play into this its kind s of mind boggling to me..

Like you said, there are a ton of factors.  BTC rising, and scrypt markets not rising as well obviously affects, in fact, LTC/doge have taken a decent hit in the last few days (even outside of the BTC rise), which hurts as well.  There's also more and more ASICs coming online, and while that doesn't change prices much (should raise them slightly), it does mean less bang (BTC) per MHs, as the amount of LTC/coins mined during the day stays the same, but is divided among a larger MHs group.
JHammer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:43:34 PM

Like you said, there are a ton of factors.  BTC rising, and scrypt markets not rising as well obviously affects, in fact, LTC/doge have taken a decent hit in the last few days (even outside of the BTC rise), which hurts as well.  There's also more and more ASICs coming online, and while that doesn't change prices much (should raise them slightly), it does mean less bang (BTC) per MHs, as the amount of LTC/coins mined during the day stays the same, but is divided among a larger MHs group.

Thanks PW..   Makes sense.. Just trying to wrap my brain around how all this works..

aagert

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:39:48 AM

poolwaffle,
Please. Make. X11. Port. On. Your. Pool.
!!!
That's where most of GPUs are moving now. And the only normal multipool (as far as I know) for X11 now is TradeMyBit, which I DON'T like, personally.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:46:08 AM

poolwaffle,
!!!
That's where most of GPUs are moving now. And the only normal multipool (as far as I know) for X11 now is TradeMyBit, which I DON'T like, personally.
after reading of new messages and itself I wanted similar to offer. The script all further and further falls in profitability. make at least one American server under X11.

poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

poolwaffle,
!!!
after reading of new messages and itself I wanted similar to offer. The script all further and further falls in profitability. make at least one American server under X11.

As I've said before.  Adding the server is no problem (already done, with private ports for personal testing).  The problem is if you want to get paid, which is what I'm very actively working on Smiley
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

As I've said before.  Adding the server is no problem (already done, with private ports for personal testing).  The problem is if you want to get paid, which is what I'm very actively working on Smiley
Heh... and we do all like getting paid.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

Heh... and we do all like getting paid.

Stratum endpoints now suppport "d=XXX" as your password for setting difficulty.  It won't take effect immediately (you'll see 512 difficulty show up to start), but will reset on the first block change (new block, or coin switch), normally only a few seconds.

Supports difficulty >= 256, in powers of two.  aka, can set your password to: "d=256", "d=512", "d=1024", all the way up to "d=32768"
gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:17:07 PM

poolwaffle,
!!!

I didn't understand all sense of the message. There is an assumption what to get we will be able, but thus there will be problems with payment? I agree at the initial stage to the similar.

poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:21:07 PM

I didn't understand all sense of the message. There is an assumption what to get we will be able, but thus there will be problems with payment? I agree at the initial stage to the similar.

Just pretend I said "We're working on it".
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: