Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

I am sorry to hear this.  :(Seems you really had a good stable work you could rely on. Unfortunately, life is unpredictable and sometimes we take risks. What to do? I think now you need to reconsider everything and take a decision what to do
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:56:06 AM

you just probably spent a lot of time on the crypto world, I get to combine both the usual work and earnings here, but it's a bit difficult
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:46:10 PM

At me it turns out to combine usual work and a cryptoworld so far, but it most likely because my work is a remote service.
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

At me it turns out to combine usual work and a cryptoworld so far, but it most likely because my work is a remote service.

Lucky for you. Usually, i find it really difficult to get a lot of work done when i work remotely. It's so easy to lose focus when you are at home or a coffee shop or some other non-office type location. Sure if you're just doing crypto bounties then i guess anywhere is fine but when you're doing paper work and research it's much more conducive to do things in a real office setting with a good peaceful and quiet ambiance.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
300pips

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:53:34 PM

Few months ago my boss and some coworkmates saw me trading in FOrkdelta. I got bad evaluation for neglecting my work. I tried very hard to regain the loss trust. But later on I decided to quit to work from home instead.
I piece of advice, do not do crypto during work time Wink

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Google (http://www.google.com)
micheal34

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:44:15 PM

My level of addiction to crypto related matter is beyond my expectation, i can't do without following up my investment on telegram chat each day and it consumes my time a lot, i barely have time for other things presently.
marineboss

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Korean Syndicate / Translator

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

I can definitely say without a doubt that crypto self-education and research have cost me a LOT of time, and it has impacted me in negative ways from time to time (due to distraction from what I should be doing).

▐ | ██ | ██ | ██ ||     DAOstack.io     || ██ | ██ | ██ | ▌
AN OPERATING SYSTEM FOR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

It is a risk. However, the risk can be minimized if you can divide the time precisely without having to prioritize one of them so as not to leave your permanent job. Then with that, many of our friends here are always reminded to first think about the risks before making a decision on cryptocurrency.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

Excellent advice, if jr members could award merit i would give one. Crypto is volatile and addictive, both of which is a dangerous combination. Always prioritise your main job, crypto should be something you do in your spare time

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
ArteMixer

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:52:19 PM

If you are so interested, there is a huge amount of high paying jobs, when it comes to crypto. Especially with your software skills, it will be even easier.
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:13:26 PM

Are you warning us here that we should not participate in anything bitcoin or is your case a question of doing the right thing at the wrong time? It is important we know that no part of our business should suffer depreciation because we are learning bitcoin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:33:13 PM

Well work remains a major factor in making money for the family's life needs ,I've been to the point you said where I was working and discarded but not for crypto learning cause I was expelled ,I'm not working now steadily but I'm grateful that I've been discarded because I earn more money from crypto trading invest and others ,the job is to make a money hope you can focus more on the crypto many successful people besides me through this technology

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Kumic

Activity: 533

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

I'm not there yet, but it's hard for me to go to work and do it.
I hope that in a few years I won't need it.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:58:31 PM

Try to balance the studying of cryptocurrency and your job because in this way you can have more income and just do not focus on one because you need both of them in your life.

sevenbits

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:00:04 PM

Crypto is one of the most exciting areas for work that I've seen. I'm not surprised why many people have a desire to give up regular work for crypto. The risks here are compensated by interest in the process itself.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:37:33 AM

Perhaps everyone is thinking about what they will do in the next 10 years or how they will be financially secure when they retire ... Each person has his or her own stance and attitude to choose the type of job suit with yourself. Any job requires effort and patience to advance and achieve your goals. cryptocurrency offers a flexible, opportunistic, future-oriented job and is likely to generate a large amount of passive income. I love cryptocurrency, when qualified I definitely quit my current job to spend time crypto and passion.

i do the same think same with what you have done.crypto and bitcoin give me flexible time and place to work it.and also big earning that maybe equal with my salary in main job in several months.maybe i can retire after collect much bitcoin and wait untill its price exspensive.
The best thing that happens to mostly people is they can work on them as per their own routine. There is no sharp timings for work in bitcoins and pole have good chances to get money earned from bitcoins. Mostly the people who are earning from bitcoins are those who have got salaried job as well. So they have flexible timings and can earn big money from these amazing coins and they are doing.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:16:54 AM

I have experienced the same but in my case, I have neglected studying my lessons to learn more about cryptocurrency and doing bounty campaigns. I have seen the result of what I did and I immediately regretted what I have done. I got low grades but not failing grades. I realized that I have spent too much time in crypto so what I did is I balanced my time in crypto works and my studies. Sometimes I forgot to post for my campaign because I am too busy with my studies. All my hard work has paid off, I have good grades and I also have money as well.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:12:02 AM

On the contrary I deliberately left my job, that I would devote more time to bitcoin and crypto-currencies ... and I do not regret anything.
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 396

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:32:52 AM

I won't say you are right or wrong in your thinking. From the emotions, you displayed in your write up, it is clear that you prefer regular work to being an entrepreneur. Those in crypto full time are self-employed and are self-made.

Since your work provides for you comfortably, why then did you venture into crypto in the first place?

In reality, as a software developer, you will make more move and enjoy more time working in this crypto environment than your comfortable paid job. With crypto bounty, you can handle some aspects of the bounty that not so many persons enroll in. That means that you will earn more tokens.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:10:51 PM

Well technically, it is not because of crypto, it is because of your interest in learning more about it. I think it is very natural for anyone to be interested on it and it is really tempting but as you have mentioned you have already learned your lesson, good for your you were given a chance to still have a stable job. No matter how great Bitcoin is, nothing should just make you do things with out further thinking about it first, do not let go of something that has proven value just because of a new thing that may have a potential, always be on the safe side especially if you are the one providing for your family, be wise and smart on every actions you take, it will affect the entire family not just yours.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: