Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:55:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
L1looker

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

Crypto is one of the most exciting areas for work that I've seen. I'm not surprised why many people have a desire to give up regular work for crypto. The risks here are compensated by interest in the process itself.
dirham99

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

You should have a permanent job to fulfil your needs. Crypto is a side job.
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:31:49 AM

It would be bad if you lose your job and the stable income from it, I guess you would just have to learn how to manage your time schedule better, so your interests in learning more about crypto-currencies will not affect your performance in your company.
Johnny_ric0

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:45:12 AM

Honestly, it is kind of hard, not to do research relating to cryptocurrencies during your work hours, especially if you work at office infront of the computer, everybody knows that I guess. Even if your investments in crypto can satisfy your everyday cash needs, I would still rather recommend all to keep your regular job, mainly due to the opinion that having a job, at least for me, stands for a healthy life habit and so is worth keeping it.
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:00:35 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Why are you having a trouble about handling both your job and crypto? It is important that you know how to handle your time and your tasks. It is still an advantage that you have more than one source of income. You should value your job because it is your main source of living.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:17:02 PM

That is why you need to decide if crypto is your main job or just a hobby which you participate only in your free time, you have two options, it is just up on you which one you would like to pick.

crypteris

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:30:24 PM

I can’t disagree with you that cryptobusiness can’t replace regular job, at least for now. Therefore you’re right, mate, we should appreciate our jobs. But at the same time cryptocurrency is a technology of future, so in my opinion it also mustn’t be abandoned. 
pernah ada

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:04:23 PM

for me if it goes wrong in step we can not manage our time. if we can manage time we may not lose time in other jobs.
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

Well, now as you know so much about crypto you should just try to find a job in that sphere. I bet it's not so difficult for a software developer. Moreover, salaries in crypto are above average so you can even benefit financially.
But the cryptographic salary is unstable. Maybe this month's salary will be much but in the next month we will not get salaries and even we have capital losses. I think stable job is better than crypto job
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:26:42 PM

Many people are leaving their work on their own because of the reason that they can earn more in the crypto currency field even many people personally I know are now concentrating on the trading and investment but I never suggest anyone to leave their job even if the earning is less so keep job as well as crypto investment.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:42:50 PM

This is really bad. You should focus on your job first. Although bitcoin can give you that riches we have to face the reality that it is not constant income giving it is just a one time income giver which means you have to secure yourself a job to be safe to have income monthly. Prioritizing bitcoin might be critical because getting addicted to it might cost you your personal job or anything.
wolfgang56

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:47:25 PM

One thing I had learned in this forum is don't rely too much in this virtual currency. You made a good decision when you choose to focus again in your regular job. We don't always have an income here in bitcoin. This is just an alternative source of income. So, for the other people make sure that you would not depend your daily expenses in cryptocurrencies because it is volatile and we are not sure when will it pump.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:55:06 PM

Well you have to separate these two things. But I can understand the OP in a way as crypto can be really addictive.
This is something so new and complex, that it can be really time consuming.
We are the pioneers and this is bleeding edge technology.
But don't risk to lose your job with a steady income! Never ever! Crypto is still very tiny and new and therefore very risky and a lot can happen.
Time management is everything. And accept the fact that you can learn or research everything! It's just too much.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:12:10 PM

I'm glad that you realized in time that the main job is more important. For example, for me crypto currency is a hobby, which I spend a few hours before bed, when my family and children are already sleeping.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:28:15 PM

Work/job is important as much as it is the main source of income too. As much as priority is needed; cryptocurrency works can be done at break times and devoting sometimes after close of work too. Exception of some jobs that does require your full and maximum concentration.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:39:22 PM

My priority is my job then making time management for extra income like in cryptocurrency for bitcoin (mining, bounties, tradings, selling) so far i can do both without affecting my job. Just be wise spending your time.
That is really fantastic to see people talking good about bitcoins. Yes so manypeople are doing like you. This is better strategy to kill time in earning money and don’t just be idle for anytime. This isn’t hard task for a person to earn from bitocins. Like you have said, there are some easy ways like campaigning and earning money from this amazing source of bitocins and make life easier.
coincruncher1982

Activity: 82
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:21:16 PM

I work from home so thankfully I don't have to worry about this. But either way I always make sure I have good time management.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:33:49 PM

Be careful when you are at work. Youll be wasting company's time and its a ground for complaints. When you are beginner and hungry of information, its very tempting indeed. Just spare some time to learn crypto , time managent is important. Good.luck.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:43:03 PM

As a software developer, it certainly has a higher salary than regular workers, for example me who works as an image editor. You are very fortunate, possessing the skills that everyone rarely has, (given different abilities, by God). You're lucky have the skills that everyone rarely has (given different abilities, by God) People like you just need to be thankful to Him.

True, therefore I choose a long-term investment in utilizing the volatility of cryptocurrency so that my work isn't wasted.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:49:20 PM

It would be bad if you lose your job and the stable income from it, I guess you would just have to learn how to manage your time schedule better, so your interests in learning more about crypto-currencies will not affect your performance in your company.
Having a regular job is really important for me and I think you can do this thing if you know how to manage your time. Know your purpose of having another source of income because you can work on this market anytime you want. Do both as long as you could so you can have greater chance of achieving your dreams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: