Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
Btcschool

Activity: 488
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:53:26 AM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

When I was working, I also do some research about cryptocurrency while on duty and it somehow affected my work performance. However, ypur job can provide you a stable life as you said. You can learn about crypto on your free time without even sacrificing your job.
I agree to that and that is the best strategy that you can do in order to avoid getting affected in your work but at the same tiem having a good progress in studying and learning the cryptocurrency. If you are at work then focus on your work and put all your attention to the thing that you are doing and just do cryptocurrency when you know that you don't have anything to do.
That is important to give proper time to our regular job, although most of the people do trading crytpoto currencies during their job, but I think that it is not effecting their job. They can manage to continue their day job as well as their crypto trading. To me I personally giving time to crypto trading when I become free from my day job. I really enable me to continue both my day job as well as crypto trading in a best way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:15:44 AM

You truly appreciate the contrast between having a consistent work and working at the cryptocurrency. There are such huge numbers of changes in the digital currency. The end of the two things is vital to managing every one of the costs. Just you must organize every one of the things. If you feel not great with your work, take a rest and follow your heart, not the salary. If you can work them two that is great.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I know some of us in here love working in crypto because we can earn much big money in here and we can control our time in here. But I am not one of them.
You're so lucky to have a second chance. Me, I find it difficult to to get hired to a regular job. But even though I do not have a regular job I am still lucky to I know crypto and through crypto I can have a part time job and wait for my payment after the campaign I joined. I am still earning money.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
seinzein

Activity: 359
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 12:01:14 PM

Yups, that's the qonsequences of learning crypto while doing your job.
I did too, and i ever felt unfocus to my job,
Luckly i was't a employ, i was teaching a languange in the dermitory.
Because focusing on learning crypto, i was less preparatiin of teaching and little bit terrible.
Then, i made the scadule and manage my time, it's better now.

Claudyah

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:23:41 PM

Sometimes at work, it very tempting to do research about crypto and to satisfy our cravings to learn about crypto. However, we know for a fact that we have also deliverables at work because we are paid for it. So what I usually do is I make my daily deliverables and once I have finished everything then I can do some readings about crypto. Making my "to do list" is one way to keep me focus in my regular job. During break time, I can do a bit in crypto then after work.
whether it is a human thing or not when we prefer things that are larger incomes than smaller ones maybe this is a choice which is best for our lives because we can not deny that life does indeed need money.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:35:16 PM

It is indeed tempting. The profit from cryptocurrency especially un trading, but also, time consuming. We can't blame those people who left their job just to focus with cryptos. The only problem is the lack of consistency of income which is a must for a daily living. It is obviously much better if they would do both with the use of proper time management in order to earn bigger profit.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:38:44 PM

Yes, I already experienced that kind of situation wherein I almost kind of lost my job. As for me, I am just an ordinary worker in a manufacturing company which has an income which is only enough for our daily needs. This is why I make everything to balanced my time and only join signature campaign which much more comfortable to me.
icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:49:11 PM

You have a chance to distribute your time between the main job and crypto for more productivity and then everything will be fine
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

Something similar happened to me, but I actually didn't lost my job, I would say that I almost lost it because of my interest in crypto
ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:50:16 PM

if that happens, maybe because we can not manage our time, then we should really be able to follow our time pattern. because other jobs are still waiting.
BulbaLord

Activity: 261

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:00:39 PM

Theres no thing to be lost if you know how to have a time management , when do you need to do your work , and do the crypto . So it cant have any complication or problem to do your regular work .
margaret22

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

Luckily, I have a quite flexible lifestyle, so I do not have to worry about this too much. But try to keep the balance in my life anyways. Good thing you could learn from your mistake anyways, without losing your job.

blogmantube

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:22:50 PM

In life of course we must be good at making the right decisions, do not even think for a moment, cryptocurrency is an uncertain thing so I think out of work is a very risky thing, doing both is the thing we can do.
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:30:48 PM

losing job is serious issue if u think job is more important than cryptocurrency field but once cryptocurrencies start to pump then job is nothing in comparative to cryptocurrency profits
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:32:45 PM

If you think that cryptocurrency will bring more fortune to you then stop working on your day job and focus on trading in the market or if you really love your job then just stay in it.

AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:03:44 PM

well if you would be lucky and successful enough in crypto you would be able to make money to cover your expenses for some decades in just some years, but if course it is very risky and if you have some responsibilities than the regular job is the most crucial one.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 05:49:49 PM

Time management is very important in doing that way. If you lessen your time in finishing your task your probably dead by your boss because your time always focusing on learning cryptocurrency and etc... It means you have to manage your time in doing those two to have a better output.
isidrorex

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

I can relate to you, bro. I am currently having a hard time working on a regular job on an video editing company because I am also busy in trading and bounties. I just hope that I can still manage to weigh in both jobs and do both work efficiently. It is better to have a regular job since boutnies have a quite disappointing period of time before payment and before we can cash it out.
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:42:18 PM

I did not mind to leave my real job, to focus on making money in the world of cryptocurrency. Because I think I must have a fixed monthly income from my real job, if I rely too much on income through the crypto world I'm not sure yet because revenue through crypto is still unclear and unpredictable.
Sabinas17

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:26:50 PM

fortunately, I work for myself and devote all my free time to cryptocurrency. of course you can not throw the main work, because the cryptocurrency is too volatile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: