Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:07:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:24:58 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I haven't experience situation like that, but I'm glad your boss gave you a second chance so don't waste it. Well, i suggest you to practice time management. Prioritize what is most important to you, then spend your spare time studying crypto. I think that is the best way to do it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:14:18 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I have not experience that becquse I am still a student but you are lucky because you did not lose your job ebcause having a permanent and stable job is great because there are a lot of people hoping for that but they cannot have. And ypu xan always do cryptocurrency while working just manage your time and that is profitable but do not quit your job for a much bigger profit you are like working part time in cryptocurrency and doing your real job.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:44:47 PM

Better do not quit the job you have. it gives you stability, the income, and confidence. It is not so very much difficult to combine it with trading, I am sure.
Angna27

Activity: 406

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:11:06 PM

That is very timely and good lesson to be learned with, our job is our first and foremost priority, its our bread and butter it is where we learned to establish ourselves, setting goals and being one with your company, we shouldn't let cryto world sway you from your priorities in life even if it offer us big profit let just treat is as our hobby.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:18:56 PM

You must retain caution in your approach to crypto in order not to loose your job, you allot a time fro crypto outside your working time, I do alot of learning when I am home after the days work thou this is demanding but it worth it at the long run as crypto is the technology if this age
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:22:27 PM

That is true. we can't rely on cryptocurrency alone. we can still work while we're doing our crypto tasks. since it does not require too much time to do your Job in crypto, you can still have a decent Job. But I have some friends who chose to be full-time in Bitcoin because they said that they're earning more in Bitcoin compared to their regular Jobs.

2018 is slightly slower in crypto currency as what we have seen is just the fall in the value. If price starts to move upwards then the interest among the investors and traders also rise and thus we can see that more new comers can enter the market to make money from it.

sepeda karat

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:27:12 PM

I think it's just a matter of timing. being an ordinary worker makes you have assurance of ownership, one bad review is not enough to fire an ordinary employee. But treat something like the wake-up call you need to balance work and cryptocurrency markets.
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:20:22 PM

I do not know exactly what you went through because of crytocurrency but I think everything is about time management, Maybe you used office hours to read or learn about cryptocurrency.We should manage our time well so that our cryptocurrency activities do not interfere with our regular activities. On the other hand,I think Cryptocurrency can be a full time job.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:31:11 PM

I do not know exactly what you went through because of crytocurrency but I think everything is about time management, Maybe you used office hours to read or learn about cryptocurrency.We should manage our time well so that our cryptocurrency activities do not interfere with our regular activities. On the other hand,I think Cryptocurrency can be a full time job.
I don't think that he should be sorry for losing his job but he must be thankful that because of crypto he can now finally quit his job and will create his new life with cryptocurrency wherein there is no boss and no bundy clock for everything that he is doing, grab the opportunity to earn here in crypto as much as we can.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:25:31 AM

I have quit my job very first day when I invested in crypto because I was highly persuaded that this would be more worthy

E? I think you can only do this if you have silver spoon on your mouth tho! Anyways with that rank you can really make a fortune now. ^_^

For the OP, I hope you learned a lesson. If you really like your job, don't let the sideline crypto ruin it. Just as nothing is forever in this world, so is crypto and your job.

Learn to prioritize what will help you more from now on. ^_^

I agree, don't you ever quit in your job just because of crypto because crypto is too risky and we all not sure about the future of crypto, it's not because you earn a lot means that you need to quit in your job, you can do trading or something invest your money in crypto while having job.
Although bitcoins is amazing and you can earn so big money from it but still I would advise too not to leave your job for this thing. You can adopt it as second line job or part time but don’t just make your life risky. When you have got different options and risks are there attached with every single path, you have to make choice for that option who have less risky proportion. Mind it.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

There is no wrong on making investment with bitcoin while you have a formal job. It is true that it is hard to manage and it is the reason why we should manage our time well. We can be productive person by having proper schedule about what we are doing.
felicity06

Activity: 251
Merit: 3

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:42:58 AM

I definitely agree to you mate....  Having a stable and regular job is really great....  So we should not lose it especially if you are belong in those countries who offers a vey limited job....  We all know that unemployment is really a wide problem until today....  And if you loseyour job....  It will really affects you....  Working in crypto is really great and profitable but you should manage everything if you want to earn....

[ Globe-dex.com ]
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine ]───────────
vividbery

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:06:11 AM

That way, you should not be too crazy about crypto. Later we can be real crazy. Should not rely too much on crypto. Just be reasonable and do not be too excessive with crypto. Just making crypto a part-time job to earn extra income is a great option.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:16:03 AM

Software developer is a very nice job because the world of technology is currently growing, just try to multi task like learning cryptocurrency and still having a day job in order to have more income monthly.

i agree that it is a matter of time management. First hand we must know what are our priorities.  Yes as a new users of crypto it gives us an adrenaline becs. we see people are successful and getting rich with it. This is ok we are feeling the same. But our job is important to us right now since this provides a stable income for the family and we don't want to lose it. let's not rush things we do it one at a time.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:42:43 AM

Sometimes at work, it very tempting to do research about crypto and to satisfy our cravings to learn about crypto. However, we know for a fact that we have also deliverables at work because we are paid for it. So what I usually do is I make my daily deliverables and once I have finished everything then I can do some readings about crypto. Making my "to do list" is one way to keep me focus in my regular job. During break time, I can do a bit in crypto then after work.

Trading in the market is not hard and it takes a lot of time but its fine as long as you are earning more profit more than working on the corporate world and earning just a small salary but still it will be your decision on where you are going to focus most of your time.
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:25:19 PM

you actually made mistake by using your official hour to concentrate on the crypto job. you should learn to do the crypto job on your way to your office or while returning from work. it should also be done at home after closing from office.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:35:51 PM

Even if you have really bid incomes from cryptos, you shouldn’t forget about your main job if you like it. Of course, if your job is not satisfying and evolutive, you should probably search for a position in another field, and your crypto finances may help you with that.
Even if you are earning a lot of money it is not such a good idea to leave your main job behind, there are some benefits that you can get out of it that bitcoin does not offer, like social security or a retirement fund and those are important unless you have become so rich with cryptocurrencies that you can live from your earnings for the rest of your life.
Jackulero

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

Even if you have really bid incomes from cryptos, you shouldn’t forget about your main job if you like it. Of course, if your job is not satisfying and evolutive, you should probably search for a position in another field, and your crypto finances may help you with that.
Even if you are earning a lot of money it is not such a good idea to leave your main job behind, there are some benefits that you can get out of it that bitcoin does not offer, like social security or a retirement fund and those are important unless you have become so rich with cryptocurrencies that you can live from your earnings for the rest of your life.

I agree, crypto is a fast changing community unlike the real world where we in to, leaving your present job is not necessary, crypto is always here, even if you leave in the forum or not, alternative income is what we called it, having a stable job is a privilege for everyone.
MakLampir

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:00:50 PM

Many people speculate with out from real job for crypto, but unfortunately with the current market conditions it is difficult to get big profit, never out of work because we can do both simultaneously.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:55:21 PM

you actually made mistake by using your official hour to concentrate on the crypto job. you should learn to do the crypto job on your way to your office or while returning from work. it should also be done at home after closing from office.
Yes that is right if you are concentrating on crypto trading in your regular job time, then it is your big mistake, i think that there a lot of time after having regular job and one can easily give more than 8 hours a day to crytpo trading, therefore there is no need to give time to crypto in your office or during your day job, we should try to give proper time to every activity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: