Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:04:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
James ssi~

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:51:08 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I know a lot of people like you, when the cryptocurrency market went up, many people were intent to leave off their work, but when the cryptocurrency market went down, most of them had losses and they felt remorse for leaving their jobs  . I do not think leaving the stable job to come to crypto is a good decision as you still have not earned a decent income from crypto.

I think that's not a good idea leaving your regular job for crypto, the prices online are so volatile, it can change anytime and because of that you can also gain much or have a huge loss, crypto is just an investment don't compare your current job to it.
Dimon888

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:08:08 PM

Indeed, at work, it is essential to initially do the amount of your assignments. Then, if you have time, you can learn a little about the Crypto currency. I mainly studied and worked at home, in my spare time. Work is a stable income for me.
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:11:09 PM

You should focus on your work because not everyone can find a job that they love. You should not spend too much time on crypto, and you should use it for free. I am an unemployed person, and I think you should do your job well, do not do two jobs at the same time.

yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:18:29 PM

it's better to put the main job first if we already have it, so we can focus and stay professional in doing all the work we have. we could use that time to learn about the crypto so that no jobs are dormant.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
thinhthai

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:25:36 PM

Same with you, but the other way :v So, I didn't go to work and made money by doing some Airdrop and bounty, So, when received coins, the market was crashed and I had to sell at low price. So pitiful! If I had another job, I could keep that coin until the market recovered
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:44:53 PM

Well, I believe that gaining knowledge is a best practice as far as it is not affecting our regular work or routine healthy lifestyle. I am sorry for your loss but it is highlighting your affection towards crypto and I believe that you can definitely work in a better way in this industry. As you have already spent much time in learning and understanding about the crypto industry, you just have to spend some time to channelise your knowledge that will give you bread and butter.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:13:31 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Your job is also important and not just cryptocurrency but if you would like to trade or or cryptocurrency and have you corporate job as well then you have to do your own time management so you can balance your daily routine.

Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:54:09 AM

I think it is important that we prioritize our job rather than any extra source of income. It is important that we have a regular and permanent means of living because we could get all the benefits that we need from it. It is just fine to have crypto with us but we should know how to value our permanent job.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:00:07 AM

Lucky you. But we really need to balance everything. But you always keep in mind is your job is your priority than cryptos. You should consider this as your extra earning rather than a main source of income. Better to do it at your house or free time. I didnt experience it yet because i have to focus more in my job, when i go home this is the time i have to check my cryptos (but still my family comes first at home).
lingwistiko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:49:48 AM

You can't be blame if ever you almost lost your regular job which you consider as rock solid if you have earned a very big profit from cryptos. But no matter how big it will be, it's better if we just keep our job much even more if we love what we are doing. Besides, you can continue working with your job while you are also engage in cryptos.

andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:47:42 AM

I am still focus on my main job because i can not rely my life in short time with cryptocurrency. I think cryptocurrency is my side job and not take much time. Cryptocurrency need more time to give us big profits
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:51:19 AM

i think you are right and strongly agree with your opinion, and your experience is very helpful to me personally who was once keen to focus in crypto field, but after I think and read this post, I feel working in crypto world need not be top priority but very suitable for side jobs and extra income so as not to disturb the financial viability, while learning and over time there is a possibility of one day I will focus but at least now I learn about crypto first before the world actually use crypto as one means of transactions other than money.
Baikonur

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:06:43 AM

I agreement! It takes a lot of financial security to make crypto your main form od income.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

Many people speculate with out from real job for crypto, but unfortunately with the current market conditions it is difficult to get big profit, never out of work because we can do both simultaneously.

I agree with you because in real time I am working with the crypto market and have some mini job in home. If simultaneously I am doing it I have money for living and what I need.
AndroMerlin

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:38:08 PM

Yes many of us do! Thats why now i focus on my personal business.. which is related to computers..so that i can spend much more time in Crypto..
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:45:42 PM

In my own opinion, losing your rock solid job is fine as long as you can have more income in crypto because sustaining your daily needs now a days is very hard due to the cost of living that is keep on increasing.

SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:58:55 PM

It is really good if you will just continue your formal job than to leave. You can continue to earn many incentives from your job if you will not quit. You can't ensure if you will earn money from cryptocurrencies because it is really risky job.
Ianbadz2000

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:04:50 PM

I think you just dump already your job because youve think that through in the world of crypto you are so success,you have to be in both balance bear on your mind that your real job is still your best job ever and this crypto will just support you in any ways only,so be attentive in all your works.
kristineirene

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:55:27 AM

I do have the same experience😊while im assisting my costumer my supervisor caught me coz i keep searching about crypto and to the point that i got escalated. But i already learn my lesson on it for now im focus in my job but when im in house i do really review all the information about crypto i can now balance my work and crypto
Veronika94

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:17:29 AM

No, I did not stop my main job, but I was thinking about it, to get busy with the production of bitcoins.  It's good that they dissuaded me on time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: