Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:57:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:29:17 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Almost? You don't need to go head in into this. You could have started just reading during your free time first before you started investing some time into it.

It was a close call so maybe next time only do it during your free time. Maybe during your break or on commute. For trading for example, you don't have to stay glued to it all day.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:50:29 PM

This is not worth doing. The main work should be to ensure that it can bring a constant income. As we see, this year the crypto-currency market fell after bitcoin and throughout the year almost all of the currency is without movement. There is practically no income. Therefore, the crypto currency should be as a hobby, bringing in additional income and no more.
ngamuk tok

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:52:34 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

It is very regrettable if for example you really lost your old job, you must be able to divide your time to work in the real world and bitcoin.
are you a trader? You can monitor the market via your smartphone.
I think it's an easy job
dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:05:00 AM

I think the reason for this is quite trite, you just could not properly allocate your time and I was about the same but I found a solution that just allocated the priorities
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:01:32 AM

.You are right regarding prioritizing but in the same time i have a friend who left his job for crypto. No boss, no terms and no personal interest. You are your own boss.
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

.You are right regarding prioritizing but in the same time i have a friend who left his job for crypto. No boss, no terms and no personal interest. You are your own boss.

It seems promising if the focus is on crypto, but I have not dared to make big decisions to leave my formal job, I'm worried that if the market keeps dropping like now it will make me regret and lose income, with a formal job so I can meet my family and my needs so that I will making crypto as an additional income.
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:35:14 AM

You have to be grateful for surviving the disaster, this year's crypto price is negative so when you are still focused on working you can save you and your family, too risky if you focus on crypto because everything is hard to guess.
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 10:39:13 AM

I think we should balance two jobs. We should not focus too much on a job because you can lose it and you do not have a backup plan. This is very risky because you do not have the financial resources to sustain life.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:52:46 AM

The reason why you can handle both your job and being cryptocurrency trader is because you have lack of time management. You do not have a good plan where you can easily do your job and being a trader properly.

Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:01:01 AM

It is better idea if you will just focus on your full time job. You almost lost your full time job because you can't focus well due to cryptocurrency trading. You can become more productive if you will focus on your full time job. 

vachellie

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:05:32 AM

You are pretty lucky your boss give you another chance, i have friends that getting fire because his boss finding another good candidate to replace him. Good for me then who still a college student have much time to learn crypto.
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:07:12 AM

Find out first if where you earn advantage and benefits more between your current job and being a cryptocurrency trader. You should pick the job where you are happy and the job where you earn more money.

artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:19:34 AM

You should priority your regular jobs over your secondary sir, if you want to learn something, create time management to prevent something like this happen again. maybe next time you will get fired if this happen again.
sweetwine

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:09:32 PM

It is the trap of job that the people often get when join in the crypto market. We easily lost control of mind after spending too much time in cryto studying. It would leads to result that we unfocused on our work and get fired after then. Personally, to avoid this situation happen, we should make a 'to do list' at our work office and after finish all of them, it's time to do crypto. We can get more benefit immediately from this kind of market but its risky. The regular job is necessary to remain our life.
christina.arnigo

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

It is good thing that you learn about cypto and have an income.  But to depend on crypto is another thing. Lets put everything in practicality.  If you think that your income from  crypto is not enough to support your basic needs, then it is good that you wont give up your job.  Make crypto as additional income so you can have your savings or have an spare for emergency cases.  But..... in case that you earn big income from crypto, you can use the money for business so you wont be an employee, instead you are the boss of your own business. What I am saying is, you can combine crypto in your another source of income because it is easy to access crypto since everything is one click in the internet. There is no assurance that crypto will give you a positive result all the time, but you can wait for the right time and make your investment grow.
leavefifa

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:35:27 PM

Can you absolutely trust the Cryptocurrency market? Or that the Cryptocurrency market is really a place that can help you live a stable and desirable life. You have your own choice but I suggest you rethink. Investment takes time, and there are new risks to success, if lucky. So, get a stable job to make sure your monthly income can feed you. And the Cryptocurrency market should be the place for you to invest.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:17:02 PM

Yes always prioritize the sacrifices can you make when you are in this life. The life of cryptocurrency is not that easy and it is very complex. If you have just free time you can learn about cryptocurrency not at your work. I experience this kind of situation but in my family. I spend to much time in crypto instead in my family.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:26:58 PM

Yes, you must be prioritize first your job before others. Because regular job much have a pretty good income, coz in a shortly days you must get a salary from that job. Well, Maybe you can do it both but surely you know how to handle your job first before do your task on cypto.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:13:49 PM

Find out first if where you earn advantage and benefits more between your current job and being a cryptocurrency trader. You should pick the job where you are happy and the job where you earn more money.

It is human nature to leave a certain spot if he can get incentives in another place. There is no doubt I would leave a particular online job if I get another online job with more salary and the same durations or less.
Having said that, it is obvious that a job that has been giving you great comfort is worth keeping and you should be much dedicated towards that job and not to crypto that is an uncertain market and cannot give you high gains. Having a rock solid job is more important and if you could manage both the jobs efficiently, it would be double money in the end.
HasiViraj

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:00:26 PM

All things considered, I can state that you're as yet fortunate in light of the fact that despite everything you held your activity, and gained from your own involvement. That is for what reason I'm not consent to the individuals who left their activity in substitution to digital money. At that point if things didn't work out right, they put the fault on it. It's simply an issue of how you deal with your opportunity and need. Let us not overlook that the motivation behind this is to make an additional salary. Which mean, it must be finished amid our additional time. Crypto is more relevant for those jobless individuals since they can invest more energy to this. In the event that you have a steady employment and still need to get include in it, it would be ideal if you set your impediments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: