Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:23:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914099 times)
ElBurro

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:13:11 PM

New MAX logo sucks balls, please continue using original one.

This is the truth. The old logo much more class. The new one looks cheap...
maxcoinproject (OP)

Activity: 156

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:23:22 PM

Actually checkpoint is not needed for hardfork. Hardfork don't need to be holding 51% major hash.

Not even major hashrate is needed for successful hardfork - what new nodes must do is ignore any node which does not comply to the new ruleset, it is as easy as that. Even
some coins laughed at by most people did it right (see Flappycoin, if node is not at least v3.1 it will end up ignored immidiately, you will never ever see it connect even for a split
second) but instead of just using what worked - which is what they did in the first place by cloning Bitcoin - so called developers opted for some untested techniques and stuff
that realy make no sense.

Unfortunately the wallet version was not updated with the client so we cannot do this until the majority of users has updated to the most recent fix. Once this happens we will ban previous versions.

Instructions for updating to the most recent version can be found at http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:45:41 PM

What about changing the thread topic [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - Alive and Kickin', for [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - MANDATORY UPDATE 9.2.1 - Sept 6'?. Don't expect peoples to update if you don't push optimal visibility.
maxcoinproject (OP)

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:46:47 PM

What about changing the thread topic [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - Alive and Kickin', for [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - MANDATORY UPDATE 9.2.1 - Sept 6'?. Don't expect peoples to update if you don't push optimal visibility.

Thanks, I have done.

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:52:46 PM

Actually checkpoint is not needed for hardfork. Hardfork don't need to be holding 51% major hash.

Not even major hashrate is needed for successful hardfork - what new nodes must do is ignore any node which does not comply to the new ruleset, it is as easy as that. Even
some coins laughed at by most people did it right (see Flappycoin, if node is not at least v3.1 it will end up ignored immidiately, you will never ever see it connect even for a split
second) but instead of just using what worked - which is what they did in the first place by cloning Bitcoin - so called developers opted for some untested techniques and stuff

Unfortunately the wallet version was not updated with the client so we cannot do this until the majority of users has updated to the most recent fix. Once this happens we will ban previous versions.

Instructions for updating to the most recent version can be found at http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

Well coins don't determine to disconnect by the version information since it will behave abnormally when connected to malicious peer.
Validating block's reward amount and block hash is already implemented to check peer to peer and it disconnects automatically from the hardfork.

Client version doesn't do anything. You can implement to force disconnect from reading the version info but don't need to do that. It's implemented already on all altcoins.

Please revert.
It's not fair. Maxcoin is not just toy. It's money. It needs fairness

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:54:28 PM

I think there's a option to leave a message in wallet...if you know what I mean. You can leave a message in 0.9.1 wallet that everybody who use it needs to change to 0.9.2 or something like that.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:59:59 PM

I get this from getcheckpoint which is different what the link saying.

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "0000000000057faf782713f21104bffcfc8cc9107df88dea399b06ffe3e0d6c4",
    "height" : 557625,
    "timestamp" : 1408634353,
    "subscribemode" : "enforce"
}

Even after typing -resync.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

Well coins don't determine to disconnect by the version information since it will behave abnormally when connected to malicious peer.
Validating block's reward amount and block hash is already implemented to check peer to peer and it disconnects automatically from the hardfork.

Client version doesn't do anything. You can implement to force disconnect from reading the version info but don't need to do that. It's implemented already on all altcoins.

If node reports old version ignore it else connect to it (or accept connection) and proceed with additional checks (block hash and so on). That is the way only few altcoins work.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
maxcoinproject (OP)

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "0000000000057faf782713f21104bffcfc8cc9107df88dea399b06ffe3e0d6c4",
}

That's actually fine. I've updated the link. It seems my client was still updating when I wrote the guide.

miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:05:30 PM

{
}

That's actually fine. I've updated the link. It seems my client was still updating when I wrote the guide.

But the problem is that it is stuck.  Cheesy
I need to sleep. I struggled with it whole day.

coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

I think there's a option to leave a message in wallet...if you know what I mean. You can leave a message in 0.9.1 wallet that everybody who use it needs to change to 0.9.2 or something like that.
bump
dev is it possible to do this?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:22:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771511.new#new

added update info in my topic in the main section to help spread the word..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

stuck.. still.. followed instructions
http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

602571 blocks
and -resync flag or --resync flag on my windows shortcut is not doing anything i think.

ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:08:12 PM

1gh appears to be finding 3 or so blocks a minute. That can't be right....
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:26:15 PM

just searched the windows QT and daemon .exe's and the keyword "resync" was NOT found.

BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

just searched the windows QT and daemon .exe's and the keyword "resync" was NOT found.

Try  -rescan
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:34:01 PM

If node reports old version ignore it else connect to it (or accept connection) and proceed with additional checks (block hash and so on). That is the way only few altcoins work.

With current hardfork, block reward amount changed and block reward is checked by all altcoins.
If block reward from the other peer does not matches local wallet's block reward calculation, then it disconnects.

All altcoins have this implemented.

miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:45:33 PM

Start the daemon with -reindex and do not restart the daemon. It will be broken again when the daemon restarts.
This is the only way I found it working.
It will load blockchain from scratch so few hours will be needed to catch up.

But, this kind of fork can happen again. It happened about 600067 block height
and 1gh, miningpoolhub, dwarfpool all stopped at that moment.
Any pool could find new block for about 5 hours at that moment, getting weird proof-of-work error.

I think community need to vote or gather opinions about reverting to pre-hardfork block height.

And I can't trust recent checkpoint resync source code.
Even wallets can sync with -reindex option, it has two problem.
- It cannot be restarted, or it will be not able to sync again. -reindex and wait few hours again.
- It can be splitted to several blockchain again like which happened at 600067 block height.

I tested several times, seems like to work by copying blockchain which was piled upto less than 600000.
enforcecheckpoint timing issue or whatever.. it's broken.

Current maxcoin source has fatal error, can be fork anytime like what darkcoin suffered few months ago. There's no test time. It's disaster. Fix it now.

To Dev. Don't debug now. Just revert. This is what Darkcoin team had done on blockchain forking. checkpoint resync is not a easy problem to debug.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:22:17 PM

Try  -rescan

that DOES show up..
but the description i think says that is for attempting to find missing transactions,
so i am not sure that would help current related issues.

more importantly i was pointing out that the dev posted trouble shooting help for a command that does not exist.
he says..
After a few minutes you should see your wallet begin to sync once more. If the problem persists, please close the wallet and re-open it with the “-resync” flag.

you'll be waiting Wink
that command won't do anything LOL
you might as well put this on your shortcut --waitdumbass
this is not the first time coin devs have done that.. i have seen some of them post commands that don't exist before hahahha

so guys.. your welcome ahaha
i just saved you some time pissing around trying something pointless and wasting your time.

Luke i don't wanna be a dick.. ok will i do a little, hell i'm Spoetnik dammit  Cool
but, i wanna say your not coming across as a very "competent" dev here bra..
you best be hitting up Shakezulu's "Cloning coins for fun and profit" tutorial some more dawg LOL

this has turned into a debacle hahha

The Max coin wallet update has turned into The Crypto-Fappening Saga

Oh and i am trying to re-download the block chain With-Out my Wallet.dat and my conf with nodes added (required for connections)

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:27:01 PM

snippagnessnesslessness
To Dev. Don't debug now. Just revert. This is what Darkcoin team had done on blockchain forking. checkpoint resync is not a easy problem to debug.

agreed and you sound like you know what your talking about with all your comments Wink
and i searched in the .exe and -reindex does in fact exist and is prob what Luke meant to say originally i think.. not -resync

i vote what he said.. roll it back or what ever dev
i don't care just make it work LOL

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: