Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36813 times)
mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:15:52 PM

Last 2 days earnings on MPH equihash autoswitch is $49.69

It's mainly been mining ZCL with some ZEC and a little ZEN

Zcash has not been the profitable one to mine based on whattomine ( for the last few days), not sure why MPH keeps switching to them, only thing I can think about is that it switches over to help push that next block discovery.  

I think i'll keep off the auto switch for now, and just stick to my own pickings... though i haven't chosen to mine ZCL at all but maybe i should.

How do you mean that ZEC mining is not profitable? I am see "break even" 116.59 Days (with my cost of electricity). Of course that it will change. I also just want ZEC. I mine only ETH, BTC and ZEC now.

He is probably referring to mining ZEC on his GPUs not on the ASIC.

Basically since the ZEC company decided not to concentrate on ASIC resistance, these ASICs are pure winners since they cost little to what they earn per day and should eventually ROI.

With GPUs its another story. Some GPUs like the 1080Ti, were pulling in like $5/day back in the day with ZEC, but now not so much.

Same with the older AMD Radeon 7970s and 280X, they were pulling in like $2/day and now they are more profitable mining XMR instead.

You are probably right. I thought that this was a discussion about Z9 though.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steelminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:01:55 PM

To clarify - that is mining with a z9 mini (~$25//day average)

MPH lists both the coin currently being mined by algo and a list of most profitable coins per gpu type

ATM zcash is listed as the most profitable coin to mine.

https://miningpoolhub.com/

If another coin is more profitable MPH waits for a round to finish before switching to another.  That way you get credit for all your shares under PPLNS rules before switching
jimsta

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:37:34 PM

Zcash has not been the profitable one to mine based on whattomine ( for the last few days), not sure why MPH keeps switching to them, only thing I can think about is that it switches over to help push that next block discovery.  

I think i'll keep off the auto switch for now, and just stick to my own pickings... though i haven't chosen to mine ZCL at all but maybe i should.
do you mean that ZEC mining is not profitable? I am see "break even" 116.59 Days (with my cost of electricity). Of course that it will change. I also just want ZEC. I mine only ETH, BTC and ZEC now.

Basically since the ZEC company decided not to concentrate on ASIC resistance, these ASICs are pure winners since they cost little to what they earn per day and should eventually ROI.

With GPUs its another story. Some GPUs like the 1080Ti, were pulling in like $5/day back in the day with ZEC, but now not so much.

Same with the older AMD Radeon 7970s and 280X, they were pulling in like $2/day and now they are more profitable mining XMR instead.

I was referring to which equihash coin based on whattomine, between Zec, Btg, zen and zcl and how the miningpoolhub selects their "most profitable coin".
steelminer

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:53:34 PM

do you mean that ZEC mining is not profitable? I am see "break even" 116.59 Days (with my cost of electricity). Of course that it will change. I also just want ZEC. I mine only ETH, BTC and ZEC now.

I was referring to which equihash coin based on whattomine, between Zec, Btg, zen and zcl and how the miningpoolhub selects their "most profitable coin".

whattomine's default rankings are based on 24 hr average difficulty and profits.  If you change the sorting to current profits and difficulty it will match miningpoolhub's most profitable coin rankings
blf0005

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:14:57 PM

Currently mining ZEN on MPH and over the last 48 hours have averaged 1.676 Zen per day. So just shy of $30 per day. Mining at oc 750.
agapes

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:34:01 AM

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Here's where I'm not sure, do you all suggest auto-exchanging?  Pros/cons?  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

Worker is (MPH username).()
Password is whatever I want.

Sorry for the lengthy post, let me know if I left any critical info out.  

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMcyPbta_6G-bXFLiic6a4UXZDqUVIwE2VKsU3-

bad link

Are you sure? I get an image when I click it.

Yeah, not working. Make sure you set it to public instead of private in the sharing options.

where can i but this muffler??
ebay , what should i search for it
mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:27:10 AM

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Here's where I'm not sure, do you all suggest auto-exchanging?  Pros/cons?  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

Worker is (MPH username).()
Password is whatever I want.

Sorry for the lengthy post, let me know if I left any critical info out.  

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

bad link

Are you sure? I get an image when I click it.

Yeah, not working. Make sure you set it to public instead of private in the sharing options.

where can i but this muffler??
ebay , what should i search for it

ebay: Antminer S9 silencer shroud 5” Shroud Cooling
Kahooli

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:26:03 AM

So Z9 in the kernel log files has alot of refrences to FPGA along with the chip boards having FPGA manufacturer. I wonder if there would be a way to modify it to change algos not entirely sure if its possible tho. Just wondering if anyone has looked into it more?

I was wondering the same thing, but don't have a clue,
also, I was contemplating if, its possible to push each card 7 KSol/s (or 6.4)
to get  21 KSol total... (2 Fans attached and %100).
sometimes my boards' peak up to 6.4,
I wonder if I can hold that around 6 ksol !!  maybe ??
Where can I learn more?  Huh Huh

FYI, all of the variation you see is due to how equihash solutions are generated. The number of rounds of equihash per second is the same and only depends on the clock rate of this device. The statistical average is two solutions per round of equihash, but its can be more and less.
greyday (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

Hmm, somewhat of a false equivalency; over the time period you are referring to, check the values of altcoins to fiat (not BTC). Earnings have dropped because of Z9s but also significantly because, well, their actual values have as much as halved.
Lypus

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:02:55 PM

any good ZCL pool for Z9?
suprnova is ok, payout not too good 2.6 ZCL with OC to 14k sol

anyone try this pool https://pool.miningspeed.com/

I am getting about 3.3 ZCL / day , 15k sol on miningpoolhub.com

I'm testing mininspeed for some days, I got although about 13k sol but I get only about 1,3 ZCL per day. And whe I see the Stats of the other Miners whis have the same speed it is same low. I think I will change the pool this evening.

https://zclassic.miningspeed.com/workers/t1VZtF8716JFCfEqVdjKXtNUui8zwiJ7tRG
SatchelPayday

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:11:54 PM

You guys are awesome with the info sharing!  Curious if there are third party apps we can use to manage the Z9s so we are more efficient/faster, something like AIOMiner for GPUs?  Or do you just manually change the settings to the most profitable coin and manage it that way?
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:15:04 PM

You guys are awesome with the info sharing!  Curious if there are third party apps we can use to manage the Z9s so we are more efficient/faster, something like AIOMiner for GPUs?  Or do you just manually change the settings to the most profitable coin and manage it that way?

You may want to take a look at this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4547429.new

It was referenced several pages ago. AM does have a small licensing cost to unlock the features related to ASIC miners.
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

ADD TO LIST some https://Nibirupool.com pools - BTCP, ZEL,VOT,VIS,ACH,ZCL,ZEN,BCI

https://btcp.nibirupool.com/
https://zel.nibirupool.com/  ---  one Z9 is working on pool atm https://zel.nibirupool.com/workers/t1MQK6UXtmEtMDfHKvqpQzVon1St9dmdJsD
https://vot.nibirupool.com/
https://vis.nibirupool.com/
https://ach.nibirupool.com/
https://zcl.nibirupool.com/
https://zen.nibirupool.com/
https://bci.nibirupool.com/

you can connect Z9 on both low and high diff ports (they are vardiff and will auto adjust).

webrats

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 05:25:16 PM

Reminder
CMM
www.commercium.com
halves today

MINE IT   http://www.cmmmine.com
project13et

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:45:40 PM

What pool you use for autoswitch to equihash?
Thanks,
steelminer

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:15:02 AM

What pool you use for autoswitch to equihash?
Thanks,

Miningpoolhub.com

2Miners

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 11:41:31 AM

You could now mine with Antminer Z9 mini Equihash miner at 2Miners!
Please choose the high diff port from the "How to Start" section. SOLO and PPLNS pools are available.

ZEC
SOLO: solo-zec.2miners.com:1111
PPLNS: zec.2miners.com:1111

ZCL
SOLO: solo-zcl.2miners.com:6161
PPLNS: zcl.2miners.com:2121

ZEN
SOLO: solo-zen.2miners.com:7171
PPLNS: zen.2miners.com:3131

HUSH
SOLO: solo-hush.2miners.com:7272
PPLNS: hush.2miners.com:7373

BTCP
SOLO: solo-btcp.2miners.com:1313
PPLNS: btcp.2miners.com:1212

2Miners - Altcoins mining pools, PPLNS & SOLO Mining. Reliable servers with low ping, fast payouts, unique features.
2MINERS.COM     |     Twitter     |     Facebook     |     Telegram EN     |     Telegram RU
loose_concetrate

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

So Z9 in the kernel log files has alot of refrences to FPGA along with the chip boards having FPGA manufacturer. I wonder if there would be a way to modify it to change algos not entirely sure if its possible tho. Just wondering if anyone has looked into it more?

Hey there guys, any luck on this? I have two fans on mine now and temps are very good. Did you find a way to overclock each board 6KSols/s or more? Thanks.
cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:06:16 PM

Hey there guys, any luck on this? I have two fans on mine now and temps are very good. Did you find a way to overclock each board 6KSols/s or more? Thanks.

Hey good job.  How did you attach the fans? Any pics?  120mm or 140mm?  Appreciate your insight.
loose_concetrate

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

Hey good job.  How did you attach the fans? Any pics?  120mm or 140mm?  Appreciate your insight.

So I took a fan off an Antminer A3 then realized the holes don't line up and the screws are too big. So I just used aluminum tape and taped it on for now lol it's been holding up a week so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: