Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How we can stop scam ICOs lanching?  (Read 1387 times)
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:24:15 PM

I think this task should be given to the SEC, which is currently imposing legal sanctions on fraudulent ICO projects.
So we should try to avoid investing in these fraudulent ICO.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MISERICORDAE PROJECT

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

ONNI COIN! The New Paradigm!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:39:35 PM

After careful study of most ICO projects, it is found that ICOs are not really needed to advance their courses. For a few, ICO is a genuine path to advance their programs.

How do you stop ICOs launching?
- It is not worthwhile to aim at stopping an integrated function by a Blockchain  technology. For an ICOs  based in the US, you may be able to get restitution if you take action BUT only after the perceived scam. But remember, most ICOs have warnings on their websites and they will use it to defend their ICO actions.

- It is more worthwhile to mount effort in educating people about the basics of cryptocurrency/tokens.

- After educating people, they can be able to compare actual codes and/or functional buttons in GITHUB, Etherscan, MEW, Metamask, and website information to be able to make their own informed decision, not only for ICOs which are predominant on Ethereum Blockchain but also for other Blockchains. If the codes are in machine-only readable language, reach out and private message through a forum or website.

- From analysis and findings, websites are easy to create and integrate functions that are slightly or largely different from the actual codes behind a coin. Don't be too fascinated by website gimmicks and marketing landing pages.

- When one argues that understanding codes and functional buttons is difficult, and cannot help in quick decision about investing in an ICO, then the alternate step to take is really to ask yourself if you want to indeed support the project, merely using/storing the token of the project or if you simply want to make quick money from an ico. In most cases after careful study, investors and traders want to get involved to make quick money from an ico. Buy it when it is cheap and sell it off soon after the ico ends. Ask yourself: is this want you want as well or do you really want to support a project? What matters most to you is up to you!

- A Strong Note to Newbies: Seeing the faces or hearing the voices of a team behind an ICO will not protect you from been scammed by an ICO. Even your best friend or your family member WITHOUT GENUINE INTENTION will scam you in this ecosystem.

- A Final Note to Newbies: Some ICOs are genuine but cannot deal with market forces of pricing after the ico ends. So they simply go extinct due to market forces and therefore appear as scammers. Market Pricing is Knuckle Bone and spared not even Bitcoin and Ethereum!

▰▰▰[ ONNI ]▰▰▰     ●●●Grüezi mitenand!●●●
Revolutionary Gold-Pegged SuperStable Price for Businesses
Bespoke HemiVolatile Price for Currency Traders
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

You can't stop people from launching ICOs. However, you can educate people and make them be able to distinguish a scam from a legit project. It's not an easy task though, people are no longer interested in learning, they just want profit so they'll put their money in any project that have a high score in TokenMarket or other scoring sites.

That's right, people are too focus on making money without even making any effort on knowing more about the market.
Basically we cannot not stop ICO's from launching since we don't know yet if its a scam or not and the moment they live their ICO and make more details about the project then that is the time when we can spread news about scam ICO's. We should educate people now on how this market works, just tell them the things they need to know before they invest.

The problem is that no one will ever do it for free. Its hard to give an advice to those people who are only interests are how to earn money fast. Only few people knows exactly what it is and do some research.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:48:26 PM

There is a solution given  y ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin daico already the abyss project using this but still it there is no much projects dare to implement this . Because in case of failure of reaching roadmap they have to refund also control will be having investors voting.

rhenz01

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:48:33 PM

I think this task should be given to the SEC, which is currently imposing legal sanctions on fraudulent ICO projects.
So we should try to avoid investing in these fraudulent ICO.
Its really hard to stop Scam ICOs because at first they have they have very promising rewards to investors and bounty hunters and most especially they are foreign national so its hard for us to stop.
AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:50:01 PM

You just read my mind's question. The same question was playing in my mind. But then I realize if there was any way to stop launching scam ICO then everyone already stops them. It is not possible to prevent starting a lousy scam ICO. We need to motivate people for good things and try to keep away from shit ICO Projects
INAQAMAQQU

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

Nobody knows which ico will be a scam but we able to know it will scam or not it depends on developer how they transparency everything, share everything so the investor knows how was the project.
Arifulislam1010

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:34:44 PM

Well i dont think any individual cant stop it . better my suggestion is before join and investing any new ico try to chek company details and company roadmap, team all the things .
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:05:59 PM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?

very difficult in my opinion, and very necessary international regulation especially in the country that is occupied by its ico organizers. I feel the same worries as the others, ico scam becomes a problem that makes a negative on the development.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:59:00 PM

There needs to be some kind of regulations that govern the production of new ICOs. Also there should be some kind of bar set that the team of developers and creators of the coin have to meet before they can introduce a new coin into the market. There are already thousands of scam coins now in the market and the last thing we need is people adding to it
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:03:29 PM

I think we should pay more attention to ranking services which are responsible for evaluation of ICOs' quality. Those we have now are rather dubious and biased and a lot of ratings are just paid for. As soon as there is demand for quality ICO analytics, people will tend to avoid investing in projects experts labeled as fishy.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:06:31 PM

If we want to create a free market then scam it's should be normal. If you want protect yourself from scams you must teach yourself immediately. Otherwise you can find new or old market with founders own rules.
FasT09

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

You can't stop people from launching ICOs. However, you can educate people and make them be able to distinguish a scam from a legit project. It's not an easy task though, people are no longer interested in learning, they just want profit so they'll put their money in any project that have a high score in TokenMarket or other scoring sites.
good,The more rampant ICO (Initial Coin Offering) currently makes some people will be a little confused should choose which ICO is best and recommendations for us choose invested as the Product or Project that we deserve the most.
Product or Project Team - It's no secret that the success of an ICO project relies heavily on all executive management teams such as CEO, CTO, CMO and so on. These are the people who will face the strategic technical challenges of the product project later on. They must be very experienced in their fields according to their product formula. View and find who they are and at least they should have an active profile on LinKedin and FaceBook . It should be remembered that although they have been successful on ICO before but whether they have the right expertise on current ICO products or projects. In comparison, the US Venture Fund is more likely to invest in projects whose founders have failed before.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

Actually nobody can predict the bad intention of humans about launching scam ICOs but we can put some laws in place to check them. However it's in the place of investors to carry out due diligent search before parting out their earned income for investments so as not to fall victims to scam projects.
ozing

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

I always check the team of the ico, then see if the project will go further, i also go through reviews of other people before investing, if I am not convinced, I just do airdrop and wait till it hits exchange.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
xanaxxx

Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:20:03 PM

I think we should protect to issue scam ICOs in the crypto market. It creates misconception between new user and about market. What you think?

if people wouldn't be investing in scam ICOs, they wouldn't have an economic incentive to pop up. That is rather utopistic scenario though, yet until then there will always be scammers.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

Tell them about the projects that you support. Here is the place where you shouldn't be afraid of any stiff competition from other investors, as the bigger the community grows, the higher your income is. So support your favorite projects in all ways, like and retweet them not only for some bounty, but just to broaden the community. How can it help to find scammers? The more money are invested in legit projects, the less are left to invest in scam. Easy!

vorseb

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Yes we can't stop SCAM ICO. It will keep growing and it will became big problem. Maybe all we can do is share knowledge to new people about SCAM ICO and how to avoid them.
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:23:28 PM

I think the only way to stop them is for people to lose interest in investing in them. Which I think may happen over time.

Pretty much. However, come next major bullrun, stupid money will be thrown once again left and right. Mainly because during such periods it's hard to lose money. And so the cycle continues. Regulation is the only thing I can think about that would certainly curb the enthusiasm of serial scammers.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:24:35 PM

ICO projects have been launched and will continue. This can not be stopped. Especially to understand the fraudulent project or not. Already in the final result, everything will be clear when we are deceived.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: