Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44851 times)
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:05:25 PM

The sensible thing to do. If you paid thru paypal. Don't drag this any longer. Please file a claim and get your money back ASAP. Quit trying to wait for a last min miracle. Its better to be safe then sorry. If the miners shows up later and you have to pay a higher price so be it. But dont allow this issue to keep dragging on. Get your money back NOW!
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:42:28 PM

Wow - so you can dispute up to 180 days on Paypal or a credit card.  I just read that in the new terms for Paypal disputes.

Hmmm - if you paid for an Astro late last year -- then you are definitely running out of time.

Perhaps this is why things are being dragged out for so long -- to get past the 6 months or 180 day dispute time? 

Oh I would hope that is not the case.

Regardless, I agree -- if you have money in this -- it is time to get out and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:00:28 PM

Wow - so you can dispute up to 180 days on Paypal or a credit card.  I just read that in the new terms for Paypal disputes.

Hmmm - if you paid for an Astro late last year -- then you are definitely running out of time.

Perhaps this is why things are being dragged out for so long -- to get past the 6 months or 180 day dispute time? 

Oh I would hope that is not the case.

Regardless, I agree -- if you have money in this -- it is time to get out and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Yes, PayPal policy changed around November or December last year. It's possible that some lifeforcepools orders are eligible for the 180-day dispute, and some are not - I'm not sure if PayPal applies that policy change retroactively. In any case, there is no excuse to miss the deadline. This isn't even such a great deal as it looked six months ago. Scrypt profitability is way down, and if by some miracle Hashra delivers the miners and doesn't miss the specs by more than one order of magnitude then you'll likely be able to buy them from stock at a better price. That is how even the best pre-order "deals" usually work out.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:05:05 PM

I still never could figure out how such a product, with those specs, could be delivered with free shipping (from China or HK) at such a low price.

It never really made sense.

bradleyjay

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:22:52 AM

Yup Jeff / Lifeforcepools is a hothead scumbag at best and a scammer at worst.  I said it in his other thread and then he closed the thread after I posted the threatening PMs he sent me.  And I too have seen the threats of being banned banned from ordering if someone wants a refund.  Such a stand-up businessman indeed, lol.  And in reading his Facebook page, he's just as much of a confrontational dickhead there as he is here.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

So is this finally settled as a SCAM?  No Hashra Astros? 

Anyone have different news?  Or the latest Simon "delay line?"

I would think that if someone got one by now then it would be all over the forums.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 11:33:31 PM

So is this finally settled as a SCAM?  No Hashra Astros? 

Anyone have different news?  Or the latest Simon "delay line?"

I would think that if someone got one by now then it would be all over the forums.

I disputed via PayPal just before the 180-day deadline and that lifeforcepools dickhead tried the same spiel like others described, we won't allow you to reorder blah blah. Anyway, one quick phone call to PayPal and I'm out now so not sure what's going on. Does he have a another thread here on BCT or some other forum? But yeah, almost certainly nothing has been delivered. Would have heard by now.
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:20:48 PM

I never received the Moonraker I ordered from Hashra. I agree...if anyone received something, we would have heard by now. So, yup it's a scam.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:54:28 PM

This guy has a very very short temper and he tries to quiet his critics online.

Nicely put. Not exactly how I would describe the situation, but still Smiley

Not true..

First he tries to placate customers, as customers are how a business like SMH survives.

But some people you could bend over backward and kiss their ass, and they would complain about using the wrong color lipstick..
Giulini

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:38:27 PM

only feeling curious, the money is lost to a scammer, since the home page is down, I could not reach simon any more via internal email, are there any news ?
hdmediaservices

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:00:18 PM

So if you go to shop.lifeforce.info you get this:

Shipments scheduled to begin 6/22/15 – PLEASE NOTE – YOU ARE PRE-ORDERING

HASHRA ASTRO

100 MH/S ASIC SCRYPT MINER

QUANTITY DISCOUNTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE – FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER – YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED

It says it is "Out of Stock" with a price of $462.50 each.

It is hilarious.

Giulini

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:40:30 AM

unbelievable, still on http://shop.lifeforce.info/shop/astro-100mh/, out of stock: the same text as above
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:32:19 PM

The owner of LifeforcePools (now called Smarterhash) should have more information regarding the Astros - since he was their only distributer and always spoke of weekly communication with Simon.

It would be a disservice to the mining community if he did not help by disclosing any information he may have regarding this "Simon" and Hashra.

Perhaps he could get involved with authorities in catching this thief.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:39:54 PM

The owner of LifeforcePools (now called Smarterhash) should have more information regarding the Astros - since he was their only distributer and always spoke of weekly communication with Simon.

It would be a disservice to the mining community if he did not help by disclosing any information he may have regarding this "Simon" and Hashra.

Perhaps he could get involved with authorities in catching this thief.

The latest information is more delays, and that if we do not get results by September, Simon is pulling the plug.
Dek52

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:21:30 PM

giveen, was this info you received from lifeforcepools  Huh. I am trying to figure out the give up part.  Simon can not produce a miner by September he is going to A. stop trying and refund his customers or B.  Give up and customers lose their investment.  I have been in contact with lifeforcepools as well since Simon was not responding to my email.  One thing I do have to say if you sent email to lifeforcepools he does get back to you quick.

This is my take on the whole Hashra/Simon situation.  when I order my first miners from Hashra, boom got them fast.  Yes  solid company will order again.  Hashra came out with the Astro's and the success I had with the first miners of course I ordered some.  What I think happen.  Simon wanted to generate some quick BTC so he under priced the Astro thinking BTC was going way up around Nov 2014 to off set cost of the low Astro price. At the same time Simon dumped a bunch of money into developing the chip and pcb.  For one reason or another either the board or chip failed and all the investment into to them was lost.  Simon then tried to generate more investments and reopened miner sales at the end of Jan 2015 saying he will ship out miners in Feb 2015 knowingly he was not going to have them.  This reflected when at the end of Feb 2015 the Hashra website shut down. No the site wasn't under new construction it SHUTDOWN! communication went to a stand still.  If you were lucky and spamm'd Simon with email you got a response back with a "sorry we will make it up to you".
  The last thing I am going to speculate on.  I think Simon did go to another company to get the pcb's and chip.  He purchased as many miners as he could with the remaining funds he had from customers and is now mining with them trying to make up the losses to buy the remaining miners he needs to make up the orders.  LTC is halving soon making existing miner's half as profitable and will not be cost effective to run due to power consumption. Then he's going to shutdown the mining farm and send the miners out.  So if you get a shipping confirmation in September and receive your Astro open it up and it's full of dust you know what had happen. Angry
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 05:32:13 PM

giveen, was this info you received from lifeforcepools  Huh. I am trying to figure out the give up part.  Simon can not produce a miner by September he is going to A. stop trying and refund his customers or B.  Give up and customers lose their investment.  I have been in contact with lifeforcepools as well since Simon was not responding to my email.  One thing I do have to say if you sent email to lifeforcepools he does get back to you quick.

This is my take on the whole Hashra/Simon situation.  when I order my first miners from Hashra, boom got them fast.  Yes  solid company will order again.  Hashra came out with the Astro's and the success I had with the first miners of course I ordered some.  What I think happen.  Simon wanted to generate some quick BTC so he under priced the Astro thinking BTC was going way up around Nov 2014 to off set cost of the low Astro price. At the same time Simon dumped a bunch of money into developing the chip and pcb.  For one reason or another either the board or chip failed and all the investment into to them was lost.  Simon then tried to generate more investments and reopened miner sales at the end of Jan 2015 saying he will ship out miners in Feb 2015 knowingly he was not going to have them.  This reflected when at the end of Feb 2015 the Hashra website shut down. No the site wasn't under new construction it SHUTDOWN! communication went to a stand still.  If you were lucky and spamm'd Simon with email you got a response back with a "sorry we will make it up to you".
  The last thing I am going to speculate on.  I think Simon did go to another company to get the pcb's and chip.  He purchased as many miners as he could with the remaining funds he had from customers and is now mining with them trying to make up the losses to buy the remaining miners he needs to make up the orders.  LTC is halving soon making existing miner's half as profitable and will not be cost effective to run due to power consumption. Then he's going to shutdown the mining farm and send the miners out.  So if you get a shipping confirmation in September and receive your Astro open it up and it's full of dust you know what had happen. Angry

Dek52, That was the last info I received. I'm giving it a few more days before emailing again. I personally ordered through Simon's website directly, so its been rather difficult to get information, but lifeforcepools always answers me and usually can find an answer for me.

The last I heard was "all problems solved, shipping to Simon to take place"...then the next email I sent out got the response, "more delays, Simon's going to cancel if they cant produce by September".
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:16:05 PM

Well - either Simon is a complete idiot or he is a crook.  But now he is a fugitive on the run.

In addition -- anyone that helps a fugitive through through advice, actions or financial support would be an accessory to the crime.

You don't gamble with other people's money...

If I were a reseller -- I would be worried.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:10:19 AM

Ok - am I crazy or is jjj0923 the same as Smarterhash the same as Lifeforcepools?

If so - is this guy now talking about opening up a data center for a bunch of 350Mh/s Scrypt boards that he is trying to sell to others?  Anyone see all this talk on Litecointalk?

Fascinating!

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:06:50 PM

Ok - am I crazy or is jjj0923 the same as Smarterhash the same as Lifeforcepools?

If so - is this guy now talking about opening up a data center for a bunch of 350Mh/s Scrypt boards that he is trying to sell to others?  Anyone see all this talk on Litecointalk?

Fascinating!

Yes, same guy. Are those the LTCGear vapor-boards? Do you have a link?
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:46:09 PM

Here's one link:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=25452.0

You have to dig a bit into it -- but if you do a search for jj0923 on the board you'll find all types of crazy stuff.

When I saw this -- I thought -- no way -- this can't be -- this guy is selling those Hashra Astros.  LOL  I mean that hasn't been resolved yet.

I was really hoping that this person wasn't a total scammer -- but after reading the posts -- I'm pretty shocked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: