Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:59:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44850 times)
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:44:32 PM

Its really hard to get all those tiny wires into the screw down terminal.

3 to 4 per terminal is not hard (two wires on each side of the screw). Cut more of the cable sheath off so you have 3-6 inches of separated wires.

Can anyone confirm if this is a valid replacement PSU for the one that ships with the miners?  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CLBZRO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1G6FH2VD75Q7T&coliid=I28K8HE9ZL5LU1

It will work.

Ok, so it looks like the link is the WRONG PSU to replace the ones that come with these miners.  See this post for details:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477709.msg5337034#msg5337034

The one I had linked previously is 48V which is too much power (if that's the right terminology).  This one is 12V (http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Regulated-Switching-Computer-Project/dp/B00D7CWSCG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393248702&sr=1-1&keywords=12v+30a+power+supply).

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:36:40 PM

Its really hard to get all those tiny wires into the screw down terminal.

Use a terminal strip.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=terminal%20block&sprefix=terminal+%2Celectronics%2C252&rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Ck%3Aterminal%20block

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
richmke

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

More like a Terminal Bar than a Terminal Block
http://www.amazon.com/DSC-TB01-Terminal-Block-Splits-Input/dp/B005K49NMW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393266381
HASHRA

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:23:24 PM

@HASHRA

On your website you state the units you're buying are direct from Gridseed and not modified the same way as the guys from LightingASIC are doing.

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. I've got a LightingASIC 10-miner "set".  For the most part its stable, but the controller firmware/software is quite janky (alpha in my opinion).  Do you have any screen shots/videos of the "stock" Gridseed version of this controller firmware/software?  I'm trying to gauge which one is better.

2. Are you able to ship to the USA?

3. Maybe I missed it but what's the warranty policy on the miners, PSUs, etc.?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response….

Here are your answers:

1. There is a video here…. http://youtu.be/fyd992JqnjI that is using all the firmware "as is" in China. We are working on our own firmware though, hopefully have ready very very soon.

2. Yes, we can ship worldwide.

3. Warranty right now is 30 days from the date the you receive it. We know its not great but this is from Gridseed I'm afraid. Some people are saying that the Gridseed warranty is 90 days, I'm afraid they are telling porkys. It's 30 days, we know because we met them face to face last week to discuss it.

HASHRA

Activity: 112

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:24:54 PM

Indeed I saw that.

Thanks I bought mine. Woot!

Will post when I get them in the mail.

Great! Please do.

worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:47:26 PM

@HASHRA

On your website you state the units you're buying are direct from Gridseed and not modified the same way as the guys from LightingASIC are doing.

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. I've got a LightingASIC 10-miner "set".  For the most part its stable, but the controller firmware/software is quite janky (alpha in my opinion).  Do you have any screen shots/videos of the "stock" Gridseed version of this controller firmware/software?  I'm trying to gauge which one is better.

2. Are you able to ship to the USA?

3. Maybe I missed it but what's the warranty policy on the miners, PSUs, etc.?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response….

Here are your answers:

1. There is a video here…. http://youtu.be/fyd992JqnjI that is using all the firmware "as is" in China. We are working on our own firmware though, hopefully have ready very very soon.

2. Yes, we can ship worldwide.

3. Warranty right now is 30 days from the date the you receive it. We know its not great but this is from Gridseed I'm afraid. Some people are saying that the Gridseed warranty is 90 days, I'm afraid they are telling porkys. It's 30 days, we know because we met them face to face last week to discuss it.

Thank you so much for responding! It means a lot to me that you guys took my questions seriously.  Couple more since we're on the subject:

1. Is the current web interface (firmware) for the controller in English?  I thought Gridseed's was in Chinese.

2. May I ask what improvements we can expect in your firmware?  The most important thing I'd like to see in improved firmware is: a. Stability; b. per-miner selection for frequency settings.

Sincerely,

Worldly

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
krisse2

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:07:23 PM

There's discussion (& screenshots) on LightningAsic -thread about their controller being able to be upgraded to hash at 500kh/s per unit in stead of the 300kh/s per unit. Can these be upgraded on similar way, or is it just the LightningAsics with custom firmware..?

I have a set of 10 of these from LightningASIC...do NOT rely on that.  Per my earlier post on this page, the firmware is janky and bug ridden.  Lots of folks (including myself) have to spend a fair amount of time babysitting these.  I'm willing to make a trade off on hashrate if it means I don't have to spend lots of time monitoring the devices as is the case with the LighteningASIC firmware.

That's also the reason I was asking Hashra a question about this...lets hope they do!  Because at the price they're offering these if its much more stable then it's totally worth buying these from them.  If its going to have the same issues as LightingASIC users have mentioned then I'll pass.  Make things worse, I was sleeping last night and heard a pop -- one of the PSUs blew out!  So now I'm out a PSU to power 5 of the 10 miners. Sad

thanks, and sorry to hear about the PSU! I just ordered mine (10pcs) from hashra, so let's see how this goes, I'll post here as soon as I get them and keep you updated how reliable they work.. I paid with bank transfer, so might have to wait for some time..

I've been following these gridseed asics since they were announced last month, and been a bit unsure where to order- I was going to go with asiabtc (especially after that firmware upgrade thing), but seems he has too much to do with the current orders so that and now these bugs made me change my mind (well and price in eur is a bit cheaper as well:)..
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

Thank you so much for responding! It means a lot to me that you guys took my questions seriously.  Couple more since we're on the subject:

1. Is the current web interface (firmware) for the controller in English?  I thought Gridseed's was in Chinese.

2. May I ask what improvements we can expect in your firmware?  The most important thing I'd like to see in improved firmware is: a. Stability; b. per-miner selection for frequency settings.

Sincerely,

Worldly

+1 to the suggestion for per-miner frequency selection at the controller level. I think this is one of the most important features currently missing.
dloganbill

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:47:06 AM

I don't have mine in hand yet for testing, but I would like to see voltage control added as well. I have a hunch that you would get better stability from over clocking them.

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
richmke

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:02:50 AM

Hashra:

1) Have you tested if you can run the miners, with the controller, in LTC only mode and disconnect the fan?

2) Do the miners have temperature sensors and will stop mining if they overheat?

3) In your custom software, the ability to reboot a stalled miner, without rebooting them all, would be very useful.

4) What is the maximum number of miners on one controller?

5) Can you daisy chain usb hubs? USB 2.0 or 3.0 hubs?

Thanks.
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458

beast at work

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

I can answer some of your questions if I may (bare in mind I have no connection to HASHRA)

1) Have you tested if you can run the miners, with the controller, in LTC only mode and disconnect the fan?
works ok

2) Do the miners have temperature sensors and will stop mining if they overheat?
the miners don`t have a temp sensor so no overheating protection, in LTC mode they pull only 6W so... they CAN`T get (not even) warm

4) What is the maximum number of miners on one controller?
the number is limited by the stress each miner instance (minerd for LTC mining) puts on the CPU

5) Can you daisy chain usb hubs? USB 2.0 or 3.0 hubs?

chaining usb 2.0 hubs work ok, I haven`t tried usb 3.0 (not worth it)
MicroCC

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

hashra you should start your own thread and stop bumping a thread tht has the word scam associated with your name
dloganbill

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:25:43 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 10:46:39 PM by dloganbill

That's what I said earlier.  This is not a good way to get potential buyers interested.

Status update:
2/23/14-Ordered (order #241)
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.

Stay tuned.

MicroCC

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:33:05 AM

That's what I said earlier.  This is not a good way to get potential buyers interested.

Status update:
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.

Stay tuned.

thanks for the update, these guys are not doing a very good job at promoting so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they scam you lol  Grin
dloganbill

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:52:17 PM

Status update (Latest in Bold):
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.  I replied to their message saying they should start a new thread instead of using this one.
2/26/14-Received another message agreeing that this thread isn't the best place for business.  Simon says they are working on setting up an official thread pretty soon.  He finished up with an apology about the credit card wait time (not that I was complaining) and said that if I had any questions, to get in touch with him. 

So far I'm very satisfied with Hashra.  Communication seems to be night and day better than asiabtc at lightningasic.  I'm really excited to get my hands on these miners.

Stay tuned

hsmc

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:18:00 AM

Ordered 1 x GRIDSEED 6+ MH/S SCRYPT & SHA MINER (Including PSU & Accessories) on 24 Feb

Sent 8.9925 BTC

Order status still says awaiting payment.

Sent messages through their website, no reply.

Did anyone here actually get a miner from these guys?
MicroCC

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:38:40 AM

as far as I can tell you 2 guys are the genie pigs lol

Credit cards do usually take a lot longer to process though for fraud prevention so tht shouldn't be much of a surprise.
dloganbill

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:28:39 PM

Ordered 1 x GRIDSEED 6+ MH/S SCRYPT & SHA MINER (Including PSU & Accessories) on 24 Feb

Sent 8.9925 BTC

Order status still says awaiting payment.

Sent messages through their website, no reply.

Did anyone here actually get a miner from these guys?

I've been getting replies by emailing info@hashra.com.  I just checked my order status on their website and it says "Awaiting Fulfillment."  I'm not if that means my payment has cleared yet or not.

orcephrye

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:45:54 PM

My status is also Awaiting Payment.

I did wire transfer and my bank confirmed that it was successful as of the 26th. Yet my emails to info@hashra.com have gone unanswered sense the 24th.

I have sent several emails and not a single reply. Getting kinda nerves here.
argentinx

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:50:08 AM

it is obvious that these who say they have bought
and who are waiting
are scam
are registered for less than a month in the forum
is you truly believe that these are normal users
who shop?
asddd
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: