Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44845 times)
josg21

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

I have full kits and in stock now. I will match their pricing. PM me if interested

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:18:16 AM

Do not order from them, there are many horror stories
example?!

If you want an example sir just read the whole thread. There is a bunch of delays in just about every way. Some people got lucky and got them within the time frame. But many others... including myself are still sitting here without the miners and I ordered them within 5 minutes of the site showing them available on the 23rd.

Although I do now have a working tracking number. But it only started to work on the 15th of March. Basically these guys aren't a scam or whatever. But as one of the guys put it they bit off a more then they could chew.

Although a wiretransfer should not take more then 3 days to confirm. I would be emailing like crazy!

-Rye

I ordered early on feb 23rd and later received a confirmation that they claim to be on schedule to ship this weekend (the absolute latest part of their ETA) but unlike you they haven't even given me a tracking number and it still says "Awaiting fulfillment"

So, come this time tomorrow if I don't see some movement I may just cancel and order from someone else.

orcephrye

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:57:10 AM

Do not order from them, there are many horror stories
example?!

If you want an example sir just read the whole thread. There is a bunch of delays in just about every way. Some people got lucky and got them within the time frame. But many others... including myself are still sitting here without the miners and I ordered them within 5 minutes of the site showing them available on the 23rd.

Although I do now have a working tracking number. But it only started to work on the 15th of March. Basically these guys aren't a scam or whatever. But as one of the guys put it they bit off a more then they could chew.

Although a wiretransfer should not take more then 3 days to confirm. I would be emailing like crazy!

-Rye

I ordered early on feb 23rd and later received a confirmation that they claim to be on schedule to ship this weekend (the absolute latest part of their ETA) but unlike you they haven't even given me a tracking number and it still says "Awaiting fulfillment"

So, come this time tomorrow if I don't see some movement I may just cancel and order from someone else.

I feel your pain sir. A co-worker of mine went with ZoomHash and they shipped his order the next day with 3 day shipping. So if you live in America I recommend that route.
patr

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:05:43 PM

I ordered 2 of the big bit rigs in the first round. (I got lucky, and I'm pretty sure I inadvertently exploited a flaw in their shopping cart to cut in line, but that's another story) They were shipped within the projected time frame, and arrived a few (agonizing) days later (I think it was just under a week). I took half a day off work to be sure and be at home when they landed, and the boxes were opened, and there was great joy. I got them set up and running on my dining room table, and they worked (at least for Scrypt only) out of the box. Granted, the wiibox controllers and their interface are really rather awful, but that's being taken care of by the simple expedient of replacing them with Raspberry Pi's running an open source OS of Hashra's own devising (or firmware, or whatever you want to call it; hell, you can call it a cupcake for all I care) Anyway, I've been emailing back and forth with a fellow there named Simon, (well, I assume he's a fellow, but what can one really know from a first name in an email. He could be a girl, or a damned koala bear or a magical 1964 Chevy carburetor with email powers for all I know or care) and he's(?) been very forthcoming about what's going on on their end of things, and what they're doing about the various inevitable issues with the first few rounds of an endeavor such as theirs. It took me a while to all the gridseed units running dualley style, but I did eventually get them all pointed the same directions. The bottom line is this. I ordered them, they were shipped and arrived, and they work. There are some inconveniences, sure, (Chinese? I've got to learn goddamned Chinese to make these things go?!?!!!) but that's to be expected in the first release of anything; if you want something more polished, then you should wait a version or two for the kinks to get worked out.

Hashra maybe bit off a bit more than they could chew at first, but now they've got more staff, and they're working their collective asses off to address the issues that have come up. As for why they're not posting here, well, at a guess I would say it's because they're too busy working on the issues to post about how they're working on the issues. Were I in their shoes, and found myself presented with a choice between addressing the issues, and posting about how I was working on the issues so people felt all nice and comforted, I'd spend my time making it work right, and let people gripe their little hearts out. It's the age-old conflict between customer service and tech support. With only so much in terms of available resources in terms of brains and bodies, what percentage do you want to be working on the problem, and what percentage do you want talking to the people who are yelling about the problem? Personally, I'd be cranky if they were spending time on the customer service side, because that would mean they were spending less time actually making it work.

I've got much love for Hashra at the moment, and I've even gone so far as to take out a loan against my house to help pay for 4 more of their BigBit doohickeys. Yep, I'm either an damned idiot or a damned genius, but the only way to know which is to wait and see how this works out.

Anyway, the folks at Hashra are not running a scam. They maybe bit off more than they could chew at first, but their stuff works, and they're addressing the issues as well as can be expected. That's the bottom, bottom line, I guess.

PS- If anyone's interested, I'll put together another post with the juicy details of the mini data center I've built in my house for these things, and what I've done to handle their power requirements and the heat (wow, the heat) without making my central AC bawl like a little bitch with a skinned knee.

1 post, I rest my case !
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:33:20 PM

Update on this end.. appears my package is in Cincy, OH.. should be to me this week I hope..

On another note:  Some sort of compensation or additional miners would make this whole delay drama bomb a little easier to absorb..  the "sorrys" and "DHL was to blame" doesn't cut it here... I will continue to warn other users about Hashra and will likely never order from them again.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
josg21

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:43:18 PM

I can sell you a full kit for $2,000. Or $2,200 over night shipping. PM if your interested
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:45:10 PM

Just wondering if http://hashra.com/scrypt-miners/ is a scam.... since there has been so much talk as of late about asic's for scrypt...  if it is a scam, the community should be warned...

I think they are legit. They even have Youtube video of the miners. But they are not the cheapest. Shop around, I remember there are a few other companies which charge cheaper for the miners. Can't remember their names... sorry.  Smiley
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:51:12 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:02:40 AM by dloganbill

Status update (Latest in Bold):
2/23/14-Ordered 6MH/S kit w/ accessories ($4,980 shipped) via CC (order #241)
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.  I replied to their message saying they should start a new thread instead of using this one.
2/26/14-Received another message agreeing that this thread isn't the best place for business.  Simon says they are working on setting up an official thread pretty soon.  He finished up with an apology about the credit card wait time (not that I was complaining) and said that if I had any questions, to get in touch with him.  
3/2/14-It has now been 7 days since I placed my order.  I sent a message yesterday (3/2) asking for the tracking number.  No reply yet as of today (3/3).
3/4/14-No replies yet, so I sent another email to Simon asking for a tracking number.  I'm going to try the squeaky wheel approach.  Just received an email from Simon verifying my CC payment. He said, "Your current estimated shipping out date for your units is between the 9th March - 16th March. I can tell you that it will most likely be closer to the first of those two dates."
3/9/14-It has now been 14 days since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number.  I was under the impression that Hashra was going to have a very strong supply chain, but I am getting nervous and irritated again.  I really wish I had ordered through Zoomhash.  I'm sure I would have 20 miners working toward ROI instead of 0 miners (and also received a better price).
3/10/14-Emailed Hashra for a status update on my order.  No reply.
3/12/14-Emailed Hashra asking for a tracking number.  Reminded them that their FAQ page says, "Expected maximum amount of time from any payment verification date to arrival of Miner is 14 days."  I am growing tired of the lack of transparency. My order status has been "Awaiting Fulfillment" for a very long time. It has been over a week since Simon emailed me to mention that my CC payment had been verified.  I'm getting close to cancelling my order.
3/13-14-Received the following email from Simon:
"Sorry for the long wait of your miners, we do promise that we always ship out within 14 days from when payment is verified and so far we have managed to stick to this promise.
I can assure you that your order is shipping out this weekend which is still within the 14 days from when your card payment was verified.
I'm sorry for the long wait and I understand how frustrating it is.
We were hoping to get all deliveries out sooner than we had expected but we were not prepared for the number of orders that we have had to fulfil on. This has obviously resulted on an impact on shipping out times taking longer than we had hoped for.
We are sorry for this.
We will obviously give you tracking number details for your delivery as soon as it has left us.
In the mean time if you do have any questions at all then please do get in touch.
Kind Regards
Simon Bright"
3/15/14-I had replied to Simon complaining that his website and email don't agree. He apologized and also told me:
"I can give you some good news that your order is now being shipped out this weekend so you should expect email confirmation by the end of the weekend with tracking number details.
I'm afraid I do not think it will arrive on your doorstep by the 18th though shouldn't be too far off that."
3/16/14-I woke up to an email stating that my order status has been updated to "awaiting shipping." The email had no tracking number. I logged into my Hashra account and there is no tracking number there either. So far I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like I've been lied to. It has now been a little over 3 weeks since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number. I would not recommend Hashra at this time. Hopefully they get organized and improve, but I'm afraid they have lost my business. I'm emailing him now that if I don't have a working (picked up and active) tracking number by tomorrow night, I will be canceling my order.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
indeed

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:01:13 PM

Finally switched to awaiting shipment on Saturday, and now early this morning they finally sent me a tracking number. The number isn't active yet in dhl's system, no idea how long that should take in this day and age where everything is electronic... hopefully by tonight I see some the tracking start to work.
miter_myles

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:10:28 PM

I received my DHL tracking number on the 10th, which meant nothing... it actually didn't update or show up until the 12th... but even then still didnt mean anything.... the shipment wasn't actually picked up until Saturday the 15th...

If I would have known my package wasn't actually leaving until the 15th I would have requested an immediate cancellation/refund and bought elsewhere cheaper... and may already have my miners

indeed

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:01:56 PM

I have full kits and in stock now. I will match their pricing. PM me if interested
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:05:33 PM

Finally switched to awaiting shipment on Saturday, and now early this morning they finally sent me a tracking number. The number isn't active yet in dhl's system, no idea how long that should take in this day and age where everything is electronic... hopefully by tonight I see some the tracking start to work.

Mine changed to Awaiting Shipment on Saturday as well but no tracking number yet.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:00:06 PM

Mine changed to Awaiting Shipment on Saturday as well but no tracking number yet.

Same here but with tracking number Smiley
Quartium

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:31:11 PM

I'm also ordering from them. Hope to see my miner soon!
miter_myles

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:13:34 AM

Hey Guys,

We just launched gawminers.com

Our pricing is simple:

Gridseed Miner Single Unit- $189.95
Gridseed Miner Full 10 Pack Kit- $1,999.95

We offer 5 Day Delivery Time Guarantee- We guarantee we will have your product to your door in five business days (except for very remote or international delivery areas). In case of a shipping delay, we will credit you for any lost mining time based on the current LTC standard.

Come check us out at gawminers.com

operation spam the forum is in full motion I see

indeed

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:29:29 AM

Hows your package coming along? How much did you order, what is the weight?

Spam yes, but just goes to show the availability of these units is far from scarce.  Hashra really dropped the ball here in terms of credibility.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:36:43 AM

It finally sais it shipped. Just waiting now for DHL...

You are lucky  Undecided

My order is #309 and still "Awaiting Fulfillment"

Cannot complain about communication as Simon has been answering my emails quite fast but this is taking forever and Im moving to a different country in a few weeks  Embarrassed

Well, I ordered a set and am still waiting for shipment, it's been almost 2 weeks since payment, but at least the website is updating my order periodically.
Still hopefull that ill get these in a week or two.

Order #344

Order Date: 26th Feb 2014

This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment

My order #277 placed Feb 24 / 2014 has not yet changed status in the last two weeks - still on "Waiting Fulfillment"
Not sure what's happening here as it seems that orders placed at a later date than mine are processing faster. May be CC thing.

miter_myles

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:44:21 AM

Hashra really dropped the ball here in terms of credibility.

Indeed.

It appears my package is near me but got held up with yesterday's snow storm.. but on a related note my order from Zoomhash (cheaper too!) is expected to be delivered tomorrow.. and the order was put in on 14 March (last Friday)... which puts this whole Hashra mess into perspective, and displays a huge red flag for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:52:31 PM

I received an email from Simon in which he explains the slow shipping process.  He claims it will improve, however, that doesn't fix my problem.

"Our current shipping arrangement simply doesn't work and we finding a solution so that we do not need to continue doing it the way we have been.

At present our shipments leave us in Shenzhen (Mainland China) then get taken across the boarder to the DHL depot at Hong Kong, it is at this point when DHL start placing the tracking numbers on the dhl.com website.

Most of the time this process takes no longer than 24 hours from when it leaves us but in the last couple of weeks we have noticed that not always being the case.
We know that for sure we cannot continue using this arrangement and we have now set up an account with "DHL China", this is actually a different company from DHL outside China, this way DHL collect directly from us and we know they have it and tracking numbers should start appearing on the system immediately.
Sadly the process of setting up a business account with DHL China takes a little time so we still cannot use the service for now, we are expecting this to be up and running from next week.

Kind Regards
Simon Bright"

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
indeed

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:31:59 PM

dloganbill, is your tracking number showing up in dhl yet? Mine has but based on what others have said who knows if it really means it's moving or simply a record of a package they plan to pickup still.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: