Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44850 times)
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:53:14 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 05:41:39 PM by miter_myles

Perhaps today is the day - DHL updated "With delivery courier"

Would put this whole mess at just 5 days under 1 Month from time of order to delivery...

Edit:  Great, see a delivery attempt, but I wasn't home.. sigh

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
toxic0n

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

So what's the latest order # that actually got a tracking number? I'm at order 485, changed to Awaiting Shipment on Saturday but no tracking yet.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:50:28 PM

So what's the latest order # that actually got a tracking number? I'm at order 485, changed to Awaiting Shipment on Saturday but no tracking yet.

Order #344 shipped on the 17th from HK, and DHL is showing it in LA currently.
toxic0n

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:00:23 PM

Order #344 shipped on the 17th from HK, and DHL is showing it in LA currently.
Thanks for the response. Hopefully, mine is not too far behind.
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:57:32 PM

dloganbill, is your tracking number showing up in dhl yet? Mine has but based on what others have said who knows if it really means it's moving or simply a record of a package they plan to pickup still.

It took over a day for the number to register on DHL. It currently says "shipping information received" which means DHL does not have the package yet. Based on miter's experience, it will be Friday until they get it.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
dloganbill

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

I just got the following email in my inbox and it has totally changed my perspective. VERY HAPPY AGAIN!! Thank you Hashra!!!

Some GOOD NEWS!

Our support page is now finally up and running:
hashra.com/support

As I'm sure some of you know by now we have been developing our own open source firmware for the Gridseed USB modules to be used with the Raspberry Pi.

We call it HASHRA CONTROLA and it is completely free for anyone to use.

We will be continuously developing it over the coming weeks and it will be the basis for future mining hardware we bring out.

Some of our customers recently got the Wiibox sent out them as the controller for the Gridseeds, if this is you then don't worry we are going to be sending out to you free of charge Raspberry Pi's fully loaded with our HASHRA CONTROLA firmware… We think you'll be happy with the improvement.
Emails with tacking numbers will be coming your way shortly.
Don't worry, they are marked as "Gift - No Sale" on the shipping invoice ; )

There are also some customers recently that were sent out Raspberry Pi's but the firmware wasn't ready in time, if you are one of these customers then we will be sending out fully loaded SD cards with HASHRA CONTROLA on it for free plus we will be giving you free Wiibox's just in case you wanted to compare our firmware with the Wiibox.
You can of course get going now though, just need to download it from our support page.

When setting up HASHRA CONTROLA leave the core speed in Scrypt mode at 850, trust us, we have done the research… 850 is best ; )

We are pretty sure that the Raspberry Pi can support 20 units but we have not had enough time to fully test that set up yet.
We will be sending out and recommending 1 per 10 Gridseed Units for now till we do further testing.

I would also like to take this opportunity again to apologise for the level of service many of our customers have experienced lately. It's clear that we have got some things very wrong especially around shipping units out and responding to communications.

From next week we are completely changing our shipping arrangement and will no longer be using any shipping company to take our orders to Hong Kong to the DHL depot. From next week we will be using "DHL China", this is actually a different company from the one in Hong Kong and they will pick up directly from us. This should cut shipping times dramatically in future.

We have also been woefully understaffed for what we set out to achieve in regards to service to our customers and again from next week we have some great new staff members joining us and there should be a dramatic improvement in that area.

Please have a look through our support page and the guides on there, obviously if you do have any issues or have any questions then please feel free to get in touch.

Kind Regards and Happy Hashing!

The HASHRA Team.

PS. We have a big launch coming next week… ; )

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
miter_myles

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:18:36 AM

I just got the following email in my inbox and it has totally changed my perspective. VERY HAPPY AGAIN!! Thank you Hashra!!!

No perspective change here unless there is some sort of compensation for the "early guinea pig" buyers like myself who have had to deal with the delays when other cheaper and faster options were available.  Perhaps more time and effort should have been put into the "shipping situation" vice software and firmware.

enmarinas

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:20:17 AM

A free Raspberry Pi sounds good to me  Grin
dloganbill

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:22:41 AM

A free Raspberry Pi sounds good to me  Grin

That's what helped swing my opinion. I was planning on ditching the wii controllers anyway. And Simon just told me that my order will have "Raspberry Pi with a fully loaded SD card ready to go. Just plug in and play!"

indeed

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:25:54 AM

Simon must like you, I didn't get any email like that - i emailed him day before yesterday and haven't heard back from him. Shipment still just says the same thing, shipment information received... so its probably just sitting somewhere collecting dust. ;/
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:47:29 AM

Hashra really dropped the ball here in terms of credibility.

Indeed.

It appears my package is near me but got held up with yesterday's snow storm.. but on a related note my order from Zoomhash (cheaper too!) is expected to be delivered tomorrow.. and the order was put in on 14 March (last Friday)... which puts this whole Hashra mess into perspective, and displays a huge red flag for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

Just curious why would anyone buy these with no resale value (90% cost) when you can buy a $150 R7 265 that does 445 kh/s and has 70% resale value in a year??

I never understand this ASIC buying mentality. I see those poor souls trying to get $10 for the USB BTC 0.333 GH miner from 2013 when they paid $100 for. I feel bad. Those who bought AMD GPUs back then at $300 can still get $250 for them.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:50:58 PM

Indeed.

It appears my package is near me but got held up with yesterday's snow storm.. but on a related note my order from Zoomhash (cheaper too!) is expected to be delivered tomorrow.. and the order was put in on 14 March (last Friday)... which puts this whole Hashra mess into perspective, and displays a huge red flag for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

Just curious why would anyone buy these with no resale value (90% cost) when you can buy a $150 R7 265 that does 445 kh/s and has 70% resale value in a year??

I never understand this ASIC buying mentality. I see those poor souls trying to get $10 for the USB BTC 0.333 GH miner from 2013 when they paid $100 for. I feel bad. Those who bought AMD GPUs back then at $300 can still get $250 for them.

I can tell you my reason for ordering... I already run over 1500KW of GPUs on one of my 20A circuits... Another 1kw rig starts tripping my barker, and when my AC kicks in somewhere in April along with summer electricity rates I will thank myself for getting 100W alternative.

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:59:43 PM

Indeed.

I can tell you my reason for ordering... I already run over 1500KW of GPUs on one of my 20A circuits... Another 1kw rig starts tripping my barker, and when my AC kicks in somewhere in April along with summer electricity rates I will thank myself for getting 100W alternative.

Im in exactly the same boat. My 240V @ 50A circuit is maxed, and my garage is not going to work during the spring/summer. I already have to reduce the intensity from noon till about 9pm on many of my GPUs daily. The savings in power and AC is the big win for me. PS, I live in Arizona desert, so summers can reach 120F outside, and house AC will run about 5 out of every 10 mins already.
indeed

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:56:27 PM

finally some updates on dhl, package has been picked up and departed Hong Kong. That said, haven't heard a response from my email to Hashra in over two days now, so frustrating.
toxic0n

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:28:10 PM

My order has been updated with a tracking number and DHL shows the package has already been picked up in HK.
Exactly two weeks since I paid by credit card so not too bad all in all.
Looks like they are getting back on track.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

Hashra is not a scam but they are more expensive than some of the group buys over on the bitcoin mining>hardware>group buys forum.
miter_myles

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:34:10 PM

Hashra is not a scam but they are more expensive than some of the group buys over on the bitcoin mining>hardware>group buys forum.

Concur - not a scam.. just a very (VERY) poorly run operation thus far.

krisse2

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

Concur - not a scam.. just a very (VERY) poorly run operation thus far.

I agree- yesterday finally got my units that I ordered on 24.2 and can also say they're not a scam BUT the company seems to be run by only one guy, and he has too much to do. The (too) long delivery time (almost a month) is too much, and on top of that, there's no communication/support on this forum from the company after 25.2, even though user "HASHRA" visits here almost every day if you look at the profile. The other user, StevenJ, who also claimed to be working for hashra hasn't visited the forum since creating and "filling" his profile , there's no updates on facebook and twitter is in some kind of auto-spam-SEO-mode, so I don't know, there are lot of these small uncomfortable strange things going on here.. but speaking of SEO, they've managed that well, since their site is top result on the important keywords..

It would really help if someone from the company would be here to provide support, answer questions about delays etc. Seems every other company even with fake products does that, so I can't understand how they're not.. The phone number on their website doesn't work either, and to reach Simon you have to send multiple emails and wait. Although when he does answer, the communication is professional and he does answer the questions, so as long as you can just wait few days, everything is basically ok, but since we're talking about $2000+ devices here, I would expect faster responses and more transparency.

Also I wasn't first sure what to say about the Raspberry pi.. I mean, I did order the controller, but on the same time I was thinking of buying raspi anyway.. But now when they're running (and they do work, which is a relief), I am happy I got raspi in the box (and hashra promised to send me the wiibox and their own software anyway, so no problems there..)- so yeah, I guess this was a right choice from them. As a bonus, the Rasberry Pi is red, not green.

Also I have to give them credit for the new support page and instructions.

So all in all, even though I got the miners - because of the delays (I did lose a lot of mining time==money because of all this), poor communication (nothing here on bitcointalk, days delay by email, no phone), and the strange feeling about fake posters and "ghost" profiles (if you read this thread you'll understand what I mean), random waiting stuff etc uncertainty (when I order stuff, I shouldn't feel so great relief after I got what I actually ordered and paid for), I can't really recommend them at this point. But I do sincerely hope they'll improve, for all I know it could be just a rough start and some bad decisions for a very new company..

dloganbill

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:05:20 PM

Status update (Latest in Bold):
2/23/14-Ordered 6MH/S kit w/ accessories ($4,980 shipped) via CC (order #241)
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.  I replied to their message saying they should start a new thread instead of using this one.
2/26/14-Received another message agreeing that this thread isn't the best place for business.  Simon says they are working on setting up an official thread pretty soon.  He finished up with an apology about the credit card wait time (not that I was complaining) and said that if I had any questions, to get in touch with him. 
3/2/14-It has now been 7 days since I placed my order.  I sent a message yesterday (3/2) asking for the tracking number.  No reply yet as of today (3/3).
3/4/14-No replies yet, so I sent another email to Simon asking for a tracking number.  I'm going to try the squeaky wheel approach.  Just received an email from Simon verifying my CC payment. He said, "Your current estimated shipping out date for your units is between the 9th March - 16th March. I can tell you that it will most likely be closer to the first of those two dates."
3/9/14-It has now been 14 days since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number.  I was under the impression that Hashra was going to have a very strong supply chain, but I am getting nervous and irritated again.  I really wish I had ordered through Zoomhash.  I'm sure I would have 20 miners working toward ROI instead of 0 miners (and also received a better price).
3/10/14-Emailed Hashra for a status update on my order.  No reply.
3/12/14-Emailed Hashra asking for a tracking number.  Reminded them that their FAQ page says, "Expected maximum amount of time from any payment verification date to arrival of Miner is 14 days."  I am growing tired of the lack of transparency. My order status has been "Awaiting Fulfillment" for a very long time. It has been over a week since Simon emailed me to mention that my CC payment had been verified.  I'm getting close to cancelling my order.
3/13-14-Received the following email from Simon:
"Sorry for the long wait of your miners, we do promise that we always ship out within 14 days from when payment is verified and so far we have managed to stick to this promise. I can assure you that your order is shipping out this weekend which is still within the 14 days from when your card payment was verified. I'm sorry for the long wait and I understand how frustrating it is. We were hoping to get all deliveries out sooner than we had expected but we were not prepared for the number of orders that we have had to fulfil on. This has obviously resulted on an impact on shipping out times taking longer than we had hoped for. We are sorry for this. We will obviously give you tracking number details for your delivery as soon as it has left us. In the mean time if you do have any questions at all then please do get in touch. Kind Regards, Simon Bright"
3/15/14-I had replied to Simon complaining that his website and email don't agree. He apologized and also told me:
"I can give you some good news that your order is now being shipped out this weekend so you should expect email confirmation by the end of the weekend with tracking number details. I'm afraid I do not think it will arrive on your doorstep by the 18th though shouldn't be too far off that."
3/16/14-I woke up to an email stating that my order status has been updated to "awaiting shipping." The email had no tracking number. I logged into my Hashra account and there is no tracking number there either. So far I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like I've been lied to. It has now been a little over 3 weeks since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number. I would not recommend Hashra at this time. Hopefully they get organized and improve, but I'm afraid they have lost my business. I'm emailing him now that if I don't have a working (picked up and active) tracking number by tomorrow night, I will be canceling my order.
3/17/14-Received a tracking number and Hashra order status was updated to "Shipped."  The tracking number did not register on DHL's website.  I sent another grumpy email to Simon. Received this response from Simon. (Link) Didn't help my situation.
3/18/14-The tracking number was updated to "shipping information received" which means DHL does not have the package yet. Received another email from Hashra that linked to their new support page and they announced they were now shipping units with free Raspberry Pis and preloaded SD cards with their new firmware.  Made me very happy and IMO made up for the lengthy delays. (Link to announcement)
3/19/14-DHL tracking number was updated to received and processed out of Hong Kong.  Hopefully it arrives before the weekend!

Stay Tuned!

ponch85

Activity: 609

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

update:  today have confirmed the shipment and send the tracking number! destination Alexandria Italy! Wooooh!

I made ​​the payment March 4, I waited a short time in comparison to others who are waiting for weeks ...

I will update ... Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: