Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam?  (Read 44850 times)
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:29:30 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 03:34:23 AM by miter_myles

Quick update:

Received my box today.. (actually packed quite well, I was surprised).

Will post a review / unpacking pics / thoughts when time permits after setting things up.

(also received my ZH order today... just the usb cables and power connectors.. I believe I have another box coming with the rest of the accessories "soon")

Update to the update:  Everything up and running (using Scripta for now).. no issues at all.. will post a full review this week.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
enmarinas

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:12:17 AM

Mine is stucked in Customs already for a day and a half....hope they release it soon  Undecided
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:55:01 AM

looks like mine is finally almost here... tomorrow it seems.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:01:58 AM

Mine is stucked in Customs already for a day and a half....hope they release it soon  Undecided
Mine have been in customs 3 days now Sad
krisse2

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:12:09 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 02:04:34 PM by krisse2

I just had to come to make a small update; i've had all the miners running now for about 10+ hours (3,6MH/s, 850mhz) without any problems or crashing with raspian wheezy & cgminer. So yeah, although it took time to get the miners, I really think to include raspberry pi instead of the controller is a brilliant idea!

They do make a lot of noise I think- now if only there was a way to adjust the fans programmatically..
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:21:46 PM

I just had to come to make a small update; i've had all the miners running now for about 10+ hours (3,6MH/s, 850mhz) without any problems or crashing with raspian wheezy & cgminer. So yeah, although it took time to get the miners, I really think to include raspberry pi instead of the controller is a brilliant idea!

They do make a lot of noise I think- now if only there was a way to adjust the fans programmatically..

You can probably put some resistors to downvolt the fans or just unplug them completely. That's what I'm planning on doing, my GPU fans are loud enough haha
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:01:37 AM

My review if anyone is interested:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524363.msg5814195#msg5814195

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
indeed

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:04:12 AM

Ya, here in city yesterday but doesn't look like I'm going to get it out of customs till monday.... oh well.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:03:57 AM

So you released that hashra firmware for PI, but we cant change workers name, i modify the worker name, save, and than its still your worker ; how come ?
krisse2

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:50:54 AM

You can probably put some resistors to downvolt the fans or just unplug them completely. That's what I'm planning on doing, my GPU fans are loud enough haha

That's what I actually ended up doing- I unplugged the fans and now i'm in process (as in the PSU in in my bag right now) of replacing the included loud PSUs (they're almost as loud as all the 10 units! And they make the room smell like something you're not supposed to be inhaling too much:) with a better, quiter and meant to be in a room you're living in -type.
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:00:18 AM

Ya, here in city yesterday but doesn't look like I'm going to get it out of customs till monday.... oh well.

I was really excited. Yesterday evening I got a text from DHL that said my 6MH kit would deliver today. Sadly when I woke up this morning, the tracking status had changed to "Clearance Event" in customs. Hasn't changed all day so it's still sitting in OH. Guess I'll have to wait until next week Sad

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:29:17 AM

DHL wanted to charge me 80 dollars to clear my package, went and did it myself and grabbed it. Still had to pay 300 dollars in taxes lol, god damn Canadian government.

Everything was well packed, the instructions on the website were clear, the Raspberry Pi rocks. Pretty satisfied
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:42:18 AM

Anybody in the US who already got this package/s from Hashra? What are the fees or taxes you had to pay?
usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:21:04 AM

Anybody in the US who already got this package/s from Hashra? What are the fees or taxes you had to pay?
Hmm, I got my 20 from Hashra yesterday, everything went pretty smooth, no taxes or extra fees to Arizona. Only glitch was that Customs wanted my SSN to release the package from LA, so it sat there 3 days trying to work out that detail.
Other than that, I have everything mostly running now, was pretty easy. The Hashra Raspberry pi with the pre-loaded image works great, no problems at all.
vm_mpn

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:33:32 AM

Thanks 4 the info USAO... Looks like my package stuck in LA also. Not sure if I should call them or they will contact me if they need more info. Have you given your SSN to customs or DHL?
indeed

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:56:06 AM

ya total mess with customs for me. it's typical government bullshit. They demanded my SSN which as far as I'm concerned they hae no right to. Then they demanded I know what was in the box, so I explained that they were processors. Then they asked how many, to which I replied th quantity I ordered. I started to wonder if they had xrayed the box, they must have. It seems te invoice that hashra provided only stated the quantity of kits I purchased and info that it contained the processor unit, fan and heat sink. Seeing all of that listed they demanded an itemized list of everything. I explained that I had no knowledge if the prices. So I ended up going to the hashra website and made an estimate of each component and gave them a breakdown like that.

What's such bull is that he units were in the US customs Wednesday. It's now Friday and I've given them all of my info, yet they don't have the courtesy to tell me how long it will take or even if the info I've provided is adequate to satisfy their demands or what duty I may have to pay. For all I know it'll get delayed again on Monday.

dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:13:55 PM

Wow that is bull. Thankfully, my tracking status now says "Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA" so I hope that means smooth sailing from now on. I didn't have any communication with DHL or customs.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
indeed

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:50:44 PM

good to hear dloganbill and thanks for the thorough updates through this process!
usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:03:34 PM

Thanks 4 the info USAO... Looks like my package stuck in LA also. Not sure if I should call them or they will contact me if they need more info. Have you given your SSN to customs or DHL?
DHL called and asked for my SSN. Shortly after I provided that, it cleared customs.
I know giving out SSN is a bit risky, but I think it was valid in this case.
Nobody asked for any taxes or fees, so im assuming that they were paid by the shipper (Hashra).
Other than my up-front payment to Hashra, I made no other payments.
I have all online. The included RPI was great, I wasn't expecting to get that, and was pricing them out separately, so I was pleasantly surprised to fine it included with the Hashra mining software pre-installed.
Made the whole thing pretty much plug-and-play.
All in all, im happy with both Hashra and Hash-Master. Both provided excellent product.
In the future I would use Hash-Master because they are local and I can get 1-week turnaround compared to 3-4 weeks due to international shipping. However Hashra has a great deal with the included RPI and software which I didn't get from Hash-Master...
Just pros-cons, both are reliable sellers and im happy with both.
In case anyone is wondering, I ordered from both because I wasn't sure who actually could deliver and wanted to spread the risk around, however, both worked out fine.
vm_mpn

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:55:39 PM

It has been over a month after I placed my HASHRA order and my gridseed set is yet to arrive... At this point I do not even blame HASHRA. It was my dumb decision to go to untested overseas reseller with overpriced product and slow turnaround.

HASHRA Gridseed x10 with full accessories package ordered Feb 24, 2014   /  Cost = $2570 (including shipping)

ZOOOMHASH Gridseed x 10 with full accessories package $2199 - 8.5% zoomzoom promo / Cost = $2013 (not sure about US shipping)

By the time I get my set (if I ever do) I will loose at least a month in revenues so I can confidently add another $400 - $450 to the cost of my order. To summarize I've spent close to $3000 on something you can get for around $2000 at this point.

ROI? Not even in my dream!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: