Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin down, altcoin rise. why?  (Read 1842 times)
ShawnJessie

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:25:32 AM

Well, it is always not possible that the prices of all the altcoins will drop when the price of Bitcoin drop. Yes, to some extent that occurs. The cryptocurrency market is always unpredictable.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:36:15 AM

This is common in crypto price and exchange. If btc goes down so altcoin will rise, because every altcoin have their price paired with usd, and as we know btc paired to usd too. Price may be rise in btc price, but in usd it still have same price

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:41:27 AM

i dont know that when correction red altcoin dominates the crypto market but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly...what factors make altcoin rise when bitcoin falls share your knowledge the crypto market lives according to the laws of the usual market if they demand for one product increases,then the demand for another decreases, respectively,the same happens with the price...
gladydark

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:43:03 AM

Most altcoin will go up and down with bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of the whole community. A few altcoin do not follow bitcoin is normal, some are just entering the exchange of coins.
patitricks

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:54:23 AM

Alt coins are also convertible to bitcoin and you can buy alt coins through bitcoin. Today bitcoin is decreasing and altcoin is increasing but it is not permanent state. It is on you on how to deal with the uncertain of the crytocurrency market.
mcabrito

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

Well, it is always not possible that the prices of all the altcoins will drop when the price of Bitcoin drop. Yes, to some extent that occurs. The cryptocurrency market is always unpredictable.

Yeah, bitcoin price is the basis of all altcoin price now, if bitcoin is down then all alts are down too. There are some few alts that can still rise even if btc is down but it will not lasts.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

what factors make altcoin rise when bitcoin falls?
share your knowledge with me!

But now not only bitcoin price is falling, the other altcoins are falling as well. This occurrence is normal for cryptocurrency because the value of crypto is very volatile.
The most plausible reason for this falling is there are some peoples manipulating the price in the market with their coins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:13:22 PM

Altcoin value usually adjust with bitcoin value so if you think some altcoin has different value with btc, it means that those altcoin has higher demand at the moment.
If you can calculate it right so you will see the same !
Remedios19

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:18:36 PM

I think this is not true. If bitcoin down all coins are affected ofcourse .
paogege

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:25:52 PM

When the price of Bitcoin declines, Altcoins' performance is divided into two situations. If the price of Bitcoin does not drop much, it is the price adjustment of Bitcoin, and it is not a real decline. At this time, the price of Altcoins will rise. If the price of Bitcoin really declines, then the price of most Altcoins will not only rise but will drop rapidly.
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:30:10 PM

altcoins do not grow. because of the fall of bitcoin, almost all coins from the first hundred square meters show a negative dynamics. assets fell by 20%, because the mass sale of bitcoin began.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:19:24 PM

I do not understand what happened to some altcoins, I know that when correction, red altcoin dominates the crypto market.

but when the bitcoin correction, there is still altcoin that has increased and rises significantly.

i think that is not true. Bitcoin now has falling in the market, not only bitcoin but many altcoins too.
usually after the falling market, they will be bounced back to correct the falling price later.
Yeah that's what happens in the market today. almost all cryptocurrencies have fallen in price. bitcoin is very influential on the crypto market. if the bitcoin price falls. of course all altcoin will experience the same thing as now. but sometimes it happens when bitcoin prices decrease. and the price of an altcoin rises. but that is rare

Yes, that's true. As I am typing this, Bitcoin is down at -4.53% and almost all of the top 100 cryptos have fallen, except #30 Bytom which is up at 0.64% and #93 Emercoin
up at 0.86%. I think one of the reasons that can be attributed to this downfall is the negative news we've been seeing these past few days, such as this one, Don't count on a bitcoin rebound from the weekend rout any time soon, chart analysts say. Accordingly, this media outlet is known for reporting negatively on Bitcoin.

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:00:18 PM

This is common in crypto price and exchange. If btc goes down so altcoin will rise, because every altcoin have their price paired with usd, and as we know btc paired to usd too. Price may be rise in btc price, but in usd it still have same price
It's not true. Altcoin prices are heavily dependent on BTC. Look what's happening in the market now. Show me which one of the tokens has been on the decline of BTC?
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 09:28:05 PM

I think it's a bitcoin-playing technique
when the bitcoin price falls there is a possibility the altcoin price goes up to add bitcoin or wait for the bitcoin price to rise again altcoin is the solution
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:51:58 PM

There's so many different alts these days that I don't think you can really boil it down to looking at it as just alt vs Bitcoin. That is if you're looking for specific reasons that would cover all alts. If you narrow it down to more specifics then it might be easier to learn more about how the market works in that regard.

Fair comment this and I would echo it's sentiments. It can't just be down to the price of BTC, there's soo many other altcoins, there is a lot more to the rise and fall of them individually.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:59:34 PM

When the Bitcoin price falls or rises, all the altcoins will usually follow. This is because all altcoin prices are based on their Bitcoin exchange rate. However  they don’t always move together. Sometimes we see Bitcoin drop when the altcoins rise. This is caused by investors pulling their money out of Bitcoin and rushing into rising altcoins. This wave can go back and forth over a short period of time.
MaidaKalani

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:08:28 PM

I think if the bitcoin falls, then altcoin will decrease as well. Since bitcoin is the parent of other cryptocurrency currents the bitcoin price movements become the benchmark of other cryptocurrency prices, if bitcoin prices rise then altcoin will also rise as vice versa if bitcoin prices decrease then altcoin will also fall. Very rarely do I see altcoin experiencing significant good as bitcoin decreases.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:18:36 PM

not all altcoins are up and only a few are up, I think this has to do with marketing strategy and market demand that makes bitcoin and red altcoin prices. bitcoin is king and this will not last long.

HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:21:45 PM

It's not true. Altcoin prices are heavily dependent on BTC. Look what's happening in the market now. Show me which one of the tokens has been on the decline of BTC?
The price of bitcoin is a major factor in the market for all the coins and there is no denying that but if some of the coin other than bitcoin is having some heavy investment coming in, then the price would increase irrespective of the bitcoin market situation, there are coins that do go high even when the major markets go down.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:31:05 PM

ALTcoin is 100% correlated into BTC value. When Bitcoin is bullish then people will dump their ALTcoin in order to sell into Bitcoin/fiat. When bitcoin market is bearish then people still dump their altcoin to lock in fiat value and preserve their trading account. in both ways, altcoin market will be ruined.

the only ideal phase for altcoin to bloom is when the BTC value is stable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: