Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low market makes ICOs cheaper  (Read 6108 times)
smithelemuo

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:11:19 PM

Of course, the bear market has affected everyone including new projects. And if they really want people to invest, they have to make their coin cheap. If it is a great project, the profits from hodling could be maad!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sergei80

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:13:09 PM

Some ICO tokens are now in bargain and some of them offer a good bonus. If only i have money to invest, I would take advantage of the opportunity. I already have few prospect ICO's to invest, to bad my portfolio have already lost 70% due to the market condition. Been thinking to loan some money as i don't want to pass this opportunity.
It only remains for you to hope that ICO is not a fraud. And also that the market will not fall even lower, which is quite likely. Perhaps you should talk to more experienced people.
valenow
Copper Member

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:26:30 PM

Yes, with low market ICOs are getting cheaper and yeah, to my mind it is something what makes you losing trust in ICOs.
Unfortunately it is so and ICOs market isn't that good

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:32:05 PM

I see that many people complaint when the price of the coins drops, however that makes the ICOs cheaper and they are more likely to gain xMore than just hodling when the market recovers. What would you do to seize the opportunity?
The market is really down and it is trying to even goes below $3000.  In 2017 we were having a very nice market conditions and icos was pumping but now there is a great turn of events.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:54:36 PM

I think that investing in 2018 and to this day in the ICO is a very risky occupation, since you lose money in any case, even if the pre-project was successful and not fraudulent. I think that ICO will come to life again only when the market goes up.
ka4ok1331

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 09:00:39 PM

Low market makes your investment also smaller, so I don't think that this is worth it. I believe that bigger market is better anyway

ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:08:09 PM

I believe that when the market is down, as it is now, this is a great time to recruit positions. In other words, I personally try to work as hard as possible to accumulate enough crypto assets, because when growth starts, all promising coins will give good profit. You are also right that now there are very low prices for ico and a great opportunity to participate to get a cheap asset. The main thing is to choose carefully ico, so as not to fall for scammers.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 09:56:39 PM

There a lot of confidence lost in the ICO market that it is difficult to raise soft cap for a lot projects, gone are the days when ICO's could raise as much as $10M for a single project, currently anyone that is able to achieve $500k should be celebrating

Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 12:09:26 PM

I see that many people complaint when the price of the coins drops, however that makes the ICOs cheaper and they are more likely to gain xMore than just hodling when the market recovers. What would you do to seize the opportunity?

When prices fall, there is an opportunity for us to buy and hold it for long term. But not all altcoins can be treated like this because many altcoins don't have real projects. Indeed, many projects after ICO, the price dropped, but this is only due to panic market conditions.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 12:58:20 PM

The market is really down and it is trying to even goes below $3000.  In 2017 we were having a very nice market conditions and icos was pumping but now there is a great turn of events.
In addition, there are currently so many potentially scam projects that ICO is no longer the choice of many people to invest. they already know that too many frauds and different in 2017

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 01:06:40 PM

as investor works on appeals with reference of different unit on variable on indication, the projects on ico scheme gives with one as fine on returns as the confirmation on decision as expending use of funds and resource on investment.

EmmaBen

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 09:45:44 PM

Generally, the persistent down turn of events in the crypto industry has led to a continuous fall in prices not just in the ICO niche. This isn't affecting investors alone but even enthusiasts as it affects the look and attractiveness of crypto, unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do about it at this time. Crypto needs mainstream adoption for it to be fully stable and more appealing. This will come with time when there is more control and rules guiding against some ill practices experienced in the crypto industry.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 10:11:13 PM

Every coin are created with a purposed, which have a specific price during ICO, Initial Coin Offering, Hence during ICO, whitepaper and roadmap always listed, for a future expectation, therefor, the price add values after the ICO.
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:53:35 PM

ICOs are slowly dying off, because nobody is really interested in perspective tokens anymore. Everybody just wants to win the lottery on Binance, to purchase some tokens and to sell them with x3 profit the next day.
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:04:10 PM

This post is quite funny because I vividly remember the dip that happened from early 2018 to 2019 where I kept buying the dip, only for it to go dipper, whenever I think that the coin I am targeting has reached rock bottom and purchase, I see a new All Time Low, this is the reason why most experienced investors still do not take advantage of the dip in ICO price. Lesson learnt.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:23:08 PM

I also think that a bad market lowers the price of an ICO. Of course, everything can change just when there will be growth. On the other hand, some projects specifically underestimate the cost, just to make money. It’s not enough, but there are projects that still try to adhere to promises and conditions and give everyone an opportunity to earn money, but unfortunately there are very few such projects and to find them you need to do a lot of analytical work.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:56:48 PM

In bounty campaigns, the reward pool is a certain number of tokens. Therefore, the state of the market doesn't matter, you will still receive a certain amount of tokens (and not more). The only difference is that in a growing market, investors are more positive and calm, therefore projects are developing faster and more profits from earned tokens can be made.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
old fart

Activity: 308

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:04:37 PM

ICOs are gradually becoming a bad investment, like these days, people wait for it to be listed before buying because they know the price will crash terribly. I think the crypto space is becoming very unfriendly for icos unlike 2017 where anything sells.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:14:05 PM

You're right. I, too, see the price drop as just an opportunity to buy coins at a bargain price. Only I buy those coins that have already managed to earn a reputation. In ICO, I almost don't invest, because now this direction is not relevant.
Low marketcap means small number of investors or volume of money being invested, that's why when there are people who dump, the price easily gets affected. This is bad for investors who easily panic because they might loss easily as the price may not bounce back easily compared to the coins that are listed in big exchanges where liquidity is not a problem.

This happens because there's no standard rules followed in ICO, the team makes their own rules and we are the one who follows it.
Also, they find it easier to raise a small funds to start due to the big competition and they've seen success on small cap ICO coins in the past, so they maybe have followed it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 07:43:08 AM

low market doesn't make ICO cheaper because developers always have a fixed price for tokens unless you are buying when discount is available then you will get more tokens in quantities at cheaper rate,its developers choice to decided a price for their tokens either market is appreciating or depreciating but after listing on exchanges the token might increase in value or decrease,by then its all on market for future value

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: