Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684949 times)
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:36:01 AM

there is perhaps a gpu miner for this? i see a gpupool on the first post, but i think it's something else? or this is still under cpu only, not that i believe it lol, i guess someone is private mining with gpu already

gpupool offers only CPU mining for RIC.  I don't claim to understand the naming. Smiley

As with all "CPU-only" coins, someone(s) is either botnet mining, or GPU mining, but it's very hard to say which.  Because of the DDoS situation, I'd be willing to bet that there's a botnet involved somewhere, though.

+1 also my best guess ...

@Gatra have you contacted Polo already?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:55:55 AM

I think most of the riecoin users already contacted poloniex. In my case i post a ticket like 10 days ago and not answer yet.
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 04:41:15 PM

Hi! yes, I did write to Poloniex, I'll let you know if I have some news to share

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
MasterQ

Activity: 66
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:42:35 PM

Been a while since I mined Riecoin but with the recent price & attention increase I thought I would give it another go.

Is anyone else using riepool.ovh? I am testing it on my Xeon D-1520 server and getting 2,500 Kh/s https://gyazo.com/8bbaddbfe9c62eaa535c5ced37a49edb

They advertise their total hash at 2,876,360.48 KH/s but with only 202 workers. How does that work? That would mean each worker is averaging at 14239 KH/s
ziiip

Activity: 255

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 06:35:59 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 06:50:52 PM by ziiip

Been a while since I mined Riecoin but with the recent price & attention increase I thought I would give it another go.

Is anyone else using riepool.ovh? I am testing it on my Xeon D-1520 server and getting 2,500 Kh/s https://gyazo.com/8bbaddbfe9c62eaa535c5ced37a49edb

They advertise their total hash at 2,876,360.48 KH/s but with only 202 workers. How does that work? That would mean each worker is averaging at 14239 KH/s

Honestly there is no good way to calculate hashrate on Riecoin, most of the pools are just guessing what it should be based on RIC/day and the total network hashrate. It's best to check your share rate on the miner directly for an accurate comparison. ( i would take the share-rate value of Riepools miner with a grain of salt, as it's closed source)

Most of the "workers" are usually many workers sitting behind a stratum proxy etc, so they only register one worker with the pool even though they have many

Also you might want to look at other pools who aren't using a closed source miner. (Riepool's miner is closed source, so their is no real way to determine if it contains a virus or not, use at your own risk!!)
It would also help to further distribute the hashrate, uBlock.it only needs a few more workers for more consistent payouts. Please check us out if you can. Cool

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
jaroag

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:16:19 AM

5000 sats in btc38  Angry Angry
kharismac999

Activity: 656
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:28:08 AM

Why on poloniex just about 3k?

jaroag

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:07:11 AM

Why on poloniex just about 3k?

wallet disabled I guess
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

Honestly there is no good way to calculate hashrate on Riecoin, most of the pools are just guessing what it should be based on RIC/day and the total network hashrate. It's best to check your share rate on the miner directly for an accurate comparison. ( i would take the share-rate value of Riepools miner with a grain of salt, as it's closed source)

Most of the "workers" are usually many workers sitting behind a stratum proxy etc, so they only register one worker with the pool even though they have many

Also you might want to look at other pools who aren't using a closed source miner. (Riepool's miner is closed source, so their is no real way to determine if it contains a virus or not, use at your own risk!!)
It would also help to further distribute the hashrate, uBlock.it only needs a few more workers for more consistent payouts. Please check us out if you can. Cool

so the question is simple ...

WHERE do we find the opensource miners that are CURRENT - so we can look at the algo code - and implement a 'proper' cpuminer for riecoin? ...

almost everywhere i have looked - is 'almost' a dead end ... ie - VERY old miners - closed source - no current codebase we can look at - etc ...

gatra - do you have a collection / list of ACTIVE miners that actually work ( and can be compiled - as the link for cpuminer on this thread simply DOES NOT compile ) ... we would be interested mainly in the git / source of the coin / algo ...

i know you have pointed me in the right direction previously for the stratum - but there is no way to implement that easily in our setup ( cwi-stratum ) without breaking it and recoding again ... especially due to the lack of exposure of what the algo 'actually' is ... otherwise we would have had the ability to create a python / c++ hash for the algo - and implement it everywhere ...

it is frustrating for us - let alone the community members who WANT ( note - not NEED ) to mine and trade and work with this coin ...

if this list exists of WORKING links - sourcecode and miners - please send me ...

tanx ...

#crysx

ziiip

Activity: 255

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 06:38:21 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 08:01:02 AM by ziiip

WHERE do we find the opensource miners that are CURRENT - so we can look at the algo code - and implement a 'proper' cpuminer for riecoin? ...

almost everywhere i have looked - is 'almost' a dead end ... ie - VERY old miners - closed source - no current codebase we can look at - etc ...

gatra - do you have a collection / list of ACTIVE miners that actually work ( and can be compiled - as the link for cpuminer on this thread simply DOES NOT compile ) ... we would be interested mainly in the git / source of the coin / algo ...

i know you have pointed me in the right direction previously for the stratum - but there is no way to implement that easily in our setup ( cwi-stratum ) without breaking it and recoding again ... especially due to the lack of exposure of what the algo 'actually' is ... otherwise we would have had the ability to create a python / c++ hash for the algo - and implement it everywhere ...

it is frustrating for us - let alone the community members who WANT ( note - not NEED ) to mine and trade and work with this coin ...

if this list exists of WORKING links - sourcecode and miners - please send me ...

tanx ...

#crysx

dga has done some work on the open source miner recently. You can find it here.
https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/tree/stratum

Readme has also been updated a bit, you might find it helpful as some CentOS/RedHat instructions have been modified.
https://github.com/dave-andersen/fastrie/blob/stratum/xptMiner/README.md

I can confirm that this build offers a slight performance increase over the previous miner.
However, I've only been able to compile this for Linux, I've had zero luck compiling for Windows.

I believe dga might be working on a static compile for Windows soon but he's a busy guy you know.

If someone has successfully compiled this new build for Windows, please share how you did it.

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

tanx ...

#crysx

Readme has also been updated a bit, you might find it helpful as some CentOS/RedHat instructions have been modified.

I can confirm that this build offers a slight performance increase over the previous miner.
However, I've only been able to compile this for Linux, I've had zero luck compiling for Windows.

I believe dga might be working on a static compile for Windows soon but he's a busy guy you know.

If someone has successfully compiled this new build for Windows, please share how you did it.

tanx for that ...

we are ALL busy - and so we understand ... a little help goes a long way - and we appreciate your help with this ...

linux ( fedora 25 x64 ) is what we work with - as well centos for the daemons ( which we have yet to successfully compile ) ... so all and ANY help is appreciated ...

ill personally look into the links you supplied in a day or so - as busy means getting all the 'real life' stuff out the way and working on this after that is all done ...

as for windows ... ummm ... Tongue ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 11:04:30 AM

tanx for that ...

we are ALL busy - and so we understand ... a little help goes a long way - and we appreciate your help with this ...

linux ( fedora 25 x64 ) is what we work with - as well centos for the daemons ( which we have yet to successfully compile ) ... so all and ANY help is appreciated ...

ill personally look into the links you supplied in a day or so - as busy means getting all the 'real life' stuff out the way and working on this after that is all done ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

I welcome patches to get it building on Windows.  I'm sorry - I've been trying to find time to get my build environment for cross-compiling for windows back up, but I'm simply not managing to juggle that and my day job(s).  I would love, and gratefully acknowledge, help on this.

#crysx, if you're having compile problems with my miner, please let me know what they are.  I can fix things for Linux pretty easily.  Windows... is another beast, since I don't have it and have never developed for it.  Centos shouldn't be *too* much of a problem (he says, fingers crossed).  At one point, I was doing some of the initial development of the miner on a Centos machine, in fact.  As long as you've got a recent g++ installed via devtoolset, it should be OK.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 12:36:34 PM

tanx for that ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

I welcome patches to get it building on Windows.  I'm sorry - I've been trying to find time to get my build environment for cross-compiling for windows back up, but I'm simply not managing to juggle that and my day job(s).  I would love, and gratefully acknowledge, help on this.

#crysx, if you're having compile problems with my miner, please let me know what they are.  I can fix things for Linux pretty easily.  Windows... is another beast, since I don't have it and have never developed for it.  Centos shouldn't be *too* much of a problem (he says, fingers crossed).  At one point, I was doing some of the initial development of the miner on a Centos machine, in fact.  As long as you've got a recent g++ installed via devtoolset, it should be OK.

thats the issue ...

the gcc / cuda is 'too' recent ...

fedora 25 x64 gcc632 ... so the when the cpuminer is being compiled - it fails immediately with an error about an unknown command - ^M ... i have rewritten the script - but its still complains about that control code for some reason ...

the other miners have their own issues ... so i downloaded the code and bin ( some of them have code - others are just binary ) xptminer - xptminer2 - rminer - etc and still no real 'mining' per se ( cpuminer-rminer hashes but never gets accepted shares ) and xptminer2 ONLY runs on riepool with no option to run on any other pool ... so the ONE miner that actually works - will ONLY work on that pool ...

the coin code itself is a different issue - due to the broken ( crippled ) openssl inherent in most of the earlier rhel based systems ... trying to get it built using a local build of the later compiled openssl102k - and still not winning on this either ... i think its a linking issue ... but i couldnt spend too much time more on it ...

if we can isolate the algo part alone - we could probably implement it into other miners ...

tanx for your help mate ...

#crysx

dga

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:47:05 PM

thats the issue ...

fedora 25 x64 gcc632 ... so the when the cpuminer is being compiled - it fails immediately with an error about an unknown command - ^M ... i have rewritten the script - but its still complains about that control code for some reason ...

the other miners have their own issues ... so i downloaded the code and bin ( some of them have code - others are just binary ) xptminer - xptminer2 - rminer - etc and still no real 'mining' per se ( cpuminer-rminer hashes but never gets accepted shares ) and xptminer2 ONLY runs on riepool with no option to run on any other pool ... so the ONE miner that actually works - will ONLY work on that pool ...

the coin code itself is a different issue - due to the broken ( crippled ) openssl inherent in most of the earlier rhel based systems ... trying to get it built using a local build of the later compiled openssl102k - and still not winning on this either ... i think its a linking issue ... but i couldnt spend too much time more on it ...

if we can isolate the algo part alone - we could probably implement it into other miners ...

#crysx

Sorry, but to be really clear, can you copy/paste the make output when compiling from *my* source tree specifically?

(note that you want the stratum tree).
cpu-rminerd is very stale and you don't want to use that except for experimentation.

Please include the last 20 lines up to and including the failing command of the make output, and I'll happily help out.  This miner will work on any stratum-supporting pool.  I'd suggest trying Ziiip's (ublock.it) -- it's what I was testing against when I made the most recent improvements.

onedeveloper

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:29:53 PM

thats the issue ...

#crysx

Regarding that code, can you run the following script:

Code:
sed -i 's/\r//g' <offending_filename>

Change "<offending_filename>" for the actual file name to change.
Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:48:07 PM

Solo miners continue to withholding blocks  Roll Eyes

Then they are broadcasted after 5-10 minutes! Not enough power you have to even cheat !!!!

Lips sealed
dga

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

Solo miners continue to withholding blocks  Roll Eyes

Then they are broadcasted after 5-10 minutes! Not enough power you have to even cheat !!!!

Lips sealed

Can you point to where in the blockchain you saw this?

Normally, a selfish mining attack results in an increased orphan rate, and is pretty visible.  It doesn't seem unusual thus far:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ric/orphans.dws

But maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Also, nice diff - if this stays through tomorrow's high-diff block it will produce a new record.

Simba84

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:38:25 PM

Lips sealed

Normally, a selfish mining attack results in an increased orphan rate, and is pretty visible.  It doesn't seem unusual thus far:

Also, nice diff - if this stays through tomorrow's high-diff block it will produce a new record.

If someone holds over 50% of the nodes they can broadcast the blocks when they want without generating orphans! Strange you (programmer) do not know these things.....

Remember the superblock of last week? It was broadcasted on the network with 2 hours and 40 minutes delay !!!! Do you feel normal? Or do we do the kids?

As we are here programmers, what you have to understand you understand!

The diff rises because of the egoists who solo mine and those only miners who withholding blocks!

If others have not noticed this... open your eyes!

Solo miners are ruining the work of pool administrators, that's for sure!

Keep doing so..... good.....
dga

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:03:03 PM

Lips sealed

If someone holds over 50% of the nodes they can broadcast the blocks when they want without generating orphans! Strange you (programmer) do not know these things.....

Remember the superblock of last week? It was broadcasted on the network with 2 hours and 40 minutes delay !!!! Do you feel normal? Or do we do the kids?

As we are here programmers, what you have to understand you understand!

The diff rises because of the egoists who solo mine and those only miners who withholding blocks!

If others have not noticed this... open your eyes!

Solo miners are ruining the work of pool administrators, that's for sure!

Keep doing so..... good.....

Um, what I don't understand is what you are saying.  This may simply be a language barrier.  (And one for which I won't criticize - your English is better than I am at any of the other languages I speak, and I appreciate that we're able to communicate here in my native tongue.)

A > 50% miner cannot profitably withhold blocks without creating orphans.  That's precisely the *reason* to withhold blocks -- you let other people waste their hashing effort, orphan them, and mine the blocks without increasing the difficulty.  (The other reasons to withhold attacks involve trying to double-spend, which isn't relevant in this context, since no exchanges accept 0-confirmation RIC transactions.)

The delay you're seeing is much more likely due to DDoS or network anomalies than intentional withholding.  But I was curious to try to investigate it, which is why I *asked you to point to it*, which you have not done.

Yes, the solo miners are harming the income achieved by the pool administrators, but who cares?  (I mean, obviously, you do, because it's your income stream, but why should anyone else care?).

A solo miner at 50% is concerning in a more fundamental sense, of course, just as a pool at 50% is concerning, because they can easily orphan others' blocks.

The diff rises because there is a ton of mining going on.  Which may or may not have something to do with:

(Image screenshot from coingecko - they don't have a 2Y chart, unfortunately.)

dga

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 02:56:19 AM

Ah, just spotted this on security news:

https://www.guardicore.com/2017/05/the-bondnet-army/

"A 15,000 servers strong botnet currently suspected of operating out of China is being used for mining cryptocurrencies. The botnet is made up of compromised Windows Server machines.
The miner’s installer picks which cryptocurrency to mine and then downloads and installs a matching miner, with priority given to Monero. Additional miners include ByteCoin, RieCoin or ZCash, all convertible to USD"

I think it would be quite worthwhile to track down some of the large mining addresses and see if there's a joint investigation to see if they are, in fact, botnet monetization.  One of the best ways to stop botnets is to follow the money - that's where they gateway to the real world.

Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: