Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
keepwalking1234

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:54:05 PM

no, it wont take that long

because the first 288block will take 12 hours at one block for 2.5 minutes.
am i right?

thanks.

Your dreams are waiting to be realized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weedoge

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

am i right?

thanks.

No. Because it doesn't take 2.5 minutes, the difficult retargets AFTER the first 288 blocks.

keepwalking1234

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:03:22 PM

am i right?

thanks.

No. Because it doesn't take 2.5 minutes, the difficult retargets AFTER the first 288 blocks.

thanks i get it Smiley

Your dreams are waiting to be realized.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:03:42 PM

Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any riecoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.
crike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any reicoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.
yes, so start mining after 576 Smiley

BTC: 19GwYWZjY3RczZFCS7S64AikrARuyZ7Zoc
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:04:58 PM

Hi guys.  Just to get things straight. Is it true, I won't earn any reicoins mining until it hits block 576? Thanks in advance.

Thanks man. You just saved me money and time.  Smiley
coomme

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

how to mine?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:07:57 PM

cloud mining tutorial......pleaaaaaaaaaase

Sign up at Digitalocean with this link[/url] if you don't mind using my reference link Smiley

Use the voucher code SSD2014 (Also in my sig) to get $10 credit for free
Start one of the smallest droplets available with Debian 7.0 (This can be resized later, but you get charged full rate at all times your droplets are in existence, so it's best to keep them small until you're mining.)

Connect to your droplet through Putty or any other SSH client, now you want to prepare the server for mining...
Please note, all commands here can simply be copied and pasted by simply right clicking in the Putty window and pressing enter. It's safest to only do one line at a time unless you're sure what you're doing.

Use Putty to create a new user and add to the sudoers group, as below.
Code:
adduser USERNAMEYOUCHOSE sudo
Change to your new user by using
Code:
su USERNAMEYOUCHOSE
Code:
cd ~

Install dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev automake

Compile/install Riecoin
Code:
git clone https://github.com/riecoin/riecoin.git
cd riecoin/src
make -f makefile.unix
chmod +x riecoind

...and create the conf file
Code:
mkdir ~/.riecoin
nano ~/.riecoin/riecoin.conf
Press ctrl+X to exit once you've pasted or typed the config details in.
Example config:
Code:
rpcuser=changethisusername
rpcpassword=changethispassword
rpcport=28332
port=28333
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1

Compile/install Miner
Code:
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/gatra/cpuminer-rminerd.git && cd cpuminer-rminerd
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make

ALL DONE SETTING UP! Now you just have to wait for Riecoin to actually be released and compile it and the miner! Have fun guys~

Run Riecoin:
Code:
cd ~/riecoin/src && ./riecoind

Then start the miner
Code:
cd ~/cpuminer-rminerd
./minerd -o localhost:28332 -u changethisusername -p changethispassword
Username and password should be what you set in the conf!!! (I'm not sure if this command is correct for starting Riecoin cpuminer...)

Please point out any mistakes I might have made.
sudo shutdown -h now
2) take a snapshot of your droplet from your Digitalocean droplet settings panel
3) delete your droplet!

Now you can recreate this droplet, with all the same data and users as before when you want to start mining (I suggest using 2 cores AT LEAST. There is a limit of 5 droplets at a time).
Be aware that simply turning off your droplet doesn't stop the cost from running up.

Thank you very much for your time and explanation!

I'd like to ask you how I can see my current balance and if I need to stop mining in order to view it.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
weedoge

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:34:20 PM

Thank you very much for your time and explanation!

I'd like to ask you how I can see my current balance and if I need to stop mining in order to view it.

Hey it's not a problem! When the coin is released pm me if you have any issues.

There's a way of setting up multiple windows but that's a little awkward to explain so the next best thing is to open another terminal after you've begun the mining, you can right click the title bar of Putty and click "Duplicate session" to do this easily, then just sign in with the same user as before.

Code:
cd riecoin/src
./riecoind getbalance

You can execute other commands here too, most of the ones found here I think https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list but I'm not sure of how to use the ones with arguments etc.

You don't have to stop mining to check your balance, using purely the daemon might not be ideal, but it's fine while you want to solo mine at the start I think.

mumus

Activity: 291

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

Frist 576 blocks without reward, that's correct. However it's impossible to know how long will that take. Once the difficulty adjusment and the computing power stabilize then 576 blocks should be about 24 hs, but the first blocks will certainly be found in much less than 24hs. It's impossible to tell how long, because it depends on the computing power of the whole network, and little bit on luck too.
I'll be mining from the start with many PCs and you are encouraged to do that too because:
- You can set up your miners and go do something else instead of being constantly watching the number of blocks in order to see if it got to 576 or not
- It will make the launch more fair
- It will probably be only a few hours, not 24, at least 1 or 2, and definitely less than 10.

For reference, at minimum difficulty it takes about 5 hours for my i5 laptop to find a block. But I expect many VPSs to join, so everybody can do their guesstimates...

so close now...

I think the first difficulty adjustment ( 288 blocks) will be reached in a couple of minutes, then it all depends how well the adjustments works and how many peoples will join to the party after this. I have a feeling that we'll reach 576 very fast.
I'll also start mining from the very beginning.
cryptocomicon

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:56:27 PM

so...in regards to Windows clients/miners, a few questions:

first, I was around last night for the epic failure of a launch of duckduckcoin.  the Windows wallet wasn't even released until about 6 hours after the initial launch, and meanwhile people were pool mining, so by the time I got to use it, solo mining was pointless.

so...first, will the Windows executables be ready for launch of riecoin, or should I just plan on compiling my own on Linux?  I am happy to begin mining from the beginning, even without reward, but I really don't want to spend time trying to compile Windows binaries (I'm using VPS, which are all Windows, so yes, kinda stuck with that.)

second, will the wallet have the miner built into it, like most of other wallets?  in other words, can I simply do a "setgenerate true -1", and be off and running?  (I'm not savvy enough with using command-line minerd, etc., and would prefer to just let the wallet launch the miner for me.)

third, if the wallet has a built-in miner, is that in *any* way different than the separate miner executable?  (slower, worse?)

thanks for answering my newbie questions!  can't wait for launch!
rhaikh

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:12:41 PM

There really should have been a small reward for the first blocks.  Dev is going to be the only one mining until 576, then this will be called a fail launch by all the trolls because you have to watch the block count.
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

There really should have been a small reward for the first blocks.  Dev is going to be the only one mining until 576, then this will be called a fail launch by all the trolls because you have to watch the block count.

you can install Riecoin without mining. So you can see the block count. Then mine when there is a reward

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
DogeNukem

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:38:20 PM

Thank you for making this.

I will be mining this from the start as well.  Way too late to the mining game, but this and XPM is something I can get behind, reward or not.

Cheers
Surfactant

Activity: 85

Coffee is for closers

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:39:18 PM

cloud mining tutorial......pleaaaaaaaaaase

Sign up at Digitalocean with this link[/url] if you don't mind using my reference link Smiley

Use the voucher code SSD2014 (Also in my sig) to get $10 credit for free
Start one of the smallest droplets available with Debian 7.0 (This can be resized later, but you get charged full rate at all times your droplets are in existence, so it's best to keep them small until you're mining.)

Connect to your droplet through Putty or any other SSH client, now you want to prepare the server for mining...
Please note, all commands here can simply be copied and pasted by simply right clicking in the Putty window and pressing enter. It's safest to only do one line at a time unless you're sure what you're doing.

Use Putty to create a new user and add to the sudoers group, as below.
Code:
adduser USERNAMEYOUCHOSE sudo
Change to your new user by using
Code:
su USERNAMEYOUCHOSE
Code:
cd ~

Install dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev automake

Compile/install Riecoin
Code:
git clone https://github.com/riecoin/riecoin.git
cd riecoin/src
make -f makefile.unix
chmod +x riecoind

...and create the conf file
Code:
mkdir ~/.riecoin
nano ~/.riecoin/riecoin.conf
Press ctrl+X to exit once you've pasted or typed the config details in.
Example config:
Code:
rpcuser=changethisusername
rpcpassword=changethispassword
rpcport=28332
port=28333
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1

Compile/install Miner
Code:
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/gatra/cpuminer-rminerd.git && cd cpuminer-rminerd
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make

ALL DONE SETTING UP! Now you just have to wait for Riecoin to actually be released and compile it and the miner! Have fun guys~

Run Riecoin:
Code:
cd ~/riecoin/src && ./riecoind

Then start the miner
Code:
cd ~/cpuminer-rminerd
./minerd -o localhost:28332 -u changethisusername -p changethispassword
Username and password should be what you set in the conf!!! (I'm not sure if this command is correct for starting Riecoin cpuminer...)

Please point out any mistakes I might have made.
sudo shutdown -h now
2) take a snapshot of your droplet from your Digitalocean droplet settings panel
3) delete your droplet!

Now you can recreate this droplet, with all the same data and users as before when you want to start mining (I suggest using 2 cores AT LEAST. There is a limit of 5 droplets at a time).
Be aware that simply turning off your droplet doesn't stop the cost from running up.

So once the files are released you must repeat the compilation steps that are listed after the dependencies install?
thankyouagain

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:43:41 PM

when mining on linux in a cloud... how would I find my wallet, or send my coins to another wallet before I destroy the droplets...?
Al-Khwarizmi

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:46:27 PM

There really should have been a small reward for the first blocks.  Dev is going to be the only one mining until 576, then this will be called a fail launch by all the trolls because you have to watch the block count.
I'll be CPU mining from the beginning, as long as there are windows binaries for wallet and minings. I could reboot into Linux and compile, but I'm not going to go into that hassle. If there are windows binaries, I'll mine to contribute to the fair launch of the coin, though.
weedoge

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

So once the files are released you must repeat the compilation steps that are listed after the dependencies install?

Sorry about the confusion, there's no point in compiling before the source code is released, since the compilation for both will fail until the github repo has been updated.

When the source is released just do the following before compiling if you've already cloned them
Code:
cd ~/riecoin && git pull && cd ~/cpuminer-rminerd && git pull

PJDavis1970

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:15:48 PM

Could anyone explain how to solo mine with wallet on windows with the generate option please
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:20:13 PM

Could anyone explain how to solo mine with wallet on windows with the generate option please

help-->debug--->console--->type setgenerate true -1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: