Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684948 times)
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:47:23 PM

Someone reassure me!
Nope! You should sell this turd train at sub .0003 levels to me!

Are you missing where it's .001 right now? Why wouldn't I sell to that guy?

Also, how did this coin go up 100% yesterday, and like zero people are throwing up support in the main thread?

There is also a forum here just on Riecoin:
riecointalk.com

Also, the price started going up when RIC got onto coin market caps 2 days ago. Web traffic shows many more people know about RIC now thanks to coinmarketcaps.

Yeah that's cool that someone made an alt website. But the main thread is on this site right here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

No matter what anyone says. This is where people feel comfortable, and where they're looking to speculate. Not some alt site that requires effort to go to and make another account at just to post. Stop pulling traffic out of this thread, it looks terrible when you're redirecting people every two posts to a site for a coin that's two weeks old. Let it grow before you change things like that.

I've seen this crap with other coins. Every single time it splits the already faltering traffic and the coin fails even harder because everyone that thinks they're doing something good are just burying this shit in some obscure website like the one you listed and that's the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:17:07 PM

Yeah that's cool that someone made an alt website. But the main thread is on this site right here:

No matter what anyone says. This is where people feel comfortable, and where they're looking to speculate. Not some alt site that requires effort to go to and make another account at just to post. Stop pulling traffic out of this thread, it looks terrible when you're redirecting people every two posts to a site for a coin that's two weeks old. Let it grow before you change things like that.

I've seen this crap with other coins. Every single time it splits the already faltering traffic and the coin fails even harder because everyone that thinks they're doing something good are just burying this shit in some obscure website like the one you listed and that's the end.

I completely agree.  As someone who owns greater than 10 different alts, I refuse to check the graveyard that is most alt's message boards just to hear the latest updates.  My personal preference is if OP could update the ANN with the most relevant updates, e.g., announce that the there's a wallet update and that it fixed the transaction malleability bug there.
trny

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

I completely agree.  As someone who owns greater than 10 different alts, I refuse to check the graveyard that is most alt's message boards just to hear the latest updates.  My personal preference is if OP could update the ANN with the most relevant updates, e.g., announce that the there's a wallet update and that it fixed the transaction malleability bug there.

The way I see it, most of a legitimate alt's productive development discussion goes on at the external forum, rather than here. It happened with PPC, and it's happening with RIC. I, the dev, and other active members post here just as regularly. It's just a much more organized location for bounties. Definitely agree that gatra could keep the [ANN] and OP updated with progress, will contact him about that.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:17:20 AM

Anyone knows whats happening with the Qt wallet right now? Its stuckk at 2 hours for me. I am at block 11597

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:22:29 AM

Anyone knows whats happening with the Qt wallet right now? Its stuckk at 2 hours for me. I am at block 11597

No minted blocks, as the only pool for our shit show is being heavily attacked . . leaving only solo miners mining at high difficulty.

I'm also digging how there was a logo contest bounty before there was a >1 pool bounty. Genius move devs. Now you have zero transactions to add to the pile.

Or can you code that out too, just like the malleability workaround?

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:07:15 AM

The way I see it, most of a legitimate alt's productive development discussion goes on at the external forum, rather than here. It happened with PPC, and it's happening with RIC. I, the dev, and other active members post here just as regularly. It's just a much more organized location for bounties. Definitely agree that gatra could keep the [ANN] and OP updated with progress, will contact him about that.

Would it make more sense then to just post things twice? On the one hand I see how we need to keep this thread active because this is where most people will look for info, but the organization is also key. There is a bounty out for desperately needed pools, if the only mention of that bounty was in here it'd be pretty lost.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:21:33 AM

I completely agree.  As someone who owns greater than 10 different alts, I refuse to check the graveyard that is most alt's message boards just to hear the latest updates.  My personal preference is if OP could update the ANN with the most relevant updates, e.g., announce that the there's a wallet update and that it fixed the transaction malleability bug there.

Would it make more sense then to just post things twice? On the one hand I see how we need to keep this thread active because this is where most people will look for info, but the organization is also key. There is a bounty out for desperately needed pools, if the only mention of that bounty was in here it'd be pretty lost.

why not just link the locations to each other on toppost and bump the thread if it ever is needed? Too easy?
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:27:55 AM

Yes, post everything a hundred times if that's what it takes. Riecoin has crap reputation right now. Bitcointalk has a fan-friggin-tastic one. Things that people read here are taken as legit, compared to a site like riecointalk.

Also I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic.

Don't hold your own perceived organization above the reputation that this site has. This coin is so young, that it would still benefit it greatly to leech off of that as long as possible.

If the bounty for the pool were read in the first post of this thread . . as well as any pools and any kind of legitimate information pertaining to the coin . . . it would be great. This is the most successful approach so far. It has worked many times before. Why are you trying to circumvent something so simple?
zzhangq

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:04:53 AM

nearly an hour no block found
whats wrong?
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:17:25 AM

nearly an hour no block found
whats wrong?

For the second time, the single pool for this poop show is getting heavily attacked. This has left only solo minersn @ high difficulty, who have only found a couple of blocks for the entire day.

Because the large retarget time, don't expect this to ever change unless the attack is ended, or another pool finally pops up.

gustav

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:31:39 AM

coin can loose first mover advantage and be left in the dust this way if a clone pops up fast enough with more diverse network from the start i think ... just hope the clone is not released before the network-thing is sortet  Roll Eyes

network is first priority. If you don't have one you don't have a coin.
If your network is not diverse you can not tell people you have a (fully) decentralized (and secure) currency because it would be a lie.

Prediction: now a round of some fud for everybody with some selling of course and then we see price threefold in a few hours after the third pool came on and nobody has more than that 50% of the network. Is also best scenario.

i hope it makes some sense
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:43:59 AM

coin can loose first mover advantage and be left in the dust this way if a clone pops up fast enough with more diverse network from the start i think ... just hope the clone is not released before the network-thing is sortet  Roll Eyes

If your network is not diverse you can not tell people you have a (fully) decentralized (and secure) currency because it would be a lie.

Prediction: now a round of some fud for everybody with some selling of course and then we see price threefold in a few hours after the third pool came on and nobody has more than that 50% of the network. Is also best scenario.

Yeah, if this coin gets even two more pools the price will skyrocket.

I think I read a few posts about these prices right now being criminally low . . but right now this coin is a highly centralized currency minted by one group of people. It's funny to watch the main riecoin.org page advertising as decentralized and know they're full of it because of that.

This coin is partially-decentralized right now, but unless at least 2-3 more pools pop up to make it decentralized it will just continue to be bullied down on the markets until it's worth even less than a few days ago.

The coin's just spinning it's wheels with one pool. . .sinking deeper and deeper.
gustav

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:03:11 AM

coin can loose first mover advantage and be left in the dust this way if a clone pops up fast enough with more diverse network from the start i think ... just hope the clone is not released before the network-thing is sortet  Roll Eyes

I think I read a few posts about these prices right now being criminally low . . but right now this coin is a highly centralized currency minted by one group of people. It's funny to watch the main riecoin.org page advertising as decentralized and know they're full of it because of that.

This coin is partially-decentralized right now, but unless at least 2-3 more pools pop up to make it decentralized it will just continue to be bullied down on the markets until it's worth even less than a few days ago.

The coin's just spinning it's wheels with one pool. . .sinking deeper and deeper.

Exactly. I would have sunken some more money into this one if the start would have been better. I know others think in similar ways.
these days suspicions arise quickly someone was benefiting this or that way from having no diverse network from the start. It is a decision you have to make "do i want to be greedy or successfull?" Everybody can decide that for themselves.Do you want more of worthless coin or a bit less of a coin with real value. I think money-wise a success would pay a lot more than just dropping those thousands of Rie for pennies on poloniex.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:09:38 AM

someone please add  a pool Tongue
glongsword

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:40:27 AM

If we could get the guy who made ptspool.com to make a riecoin pool, that would be helpful, but I can't find his contact info.  The reason I suggest this is that ptspool works directly with the xptminer created for ypool.  I imagine the ypool riecoin pool miner, since it's still in the xptminer code base, would be an easy pool to set up for him.
gatra (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:43:57 AM

Edited OP.

I'm still working on a customized stratum-mining for Riecoin. I contacted a few pools that support non-standard PoWs without success.

Meanwhile, I made an optimized solo miner. Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/riecoin/files/cpuminer%20rminerd%203.1.1/

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
goin2mars

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:06:44 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 04:56:34 AM by goin2mars

Edited OP.

I'm still working on a customized stratum-mining for Riecoin. I contacted a few pools that support non-standard PoWs without success.

Meanwhile, I made an optimized solo miner. Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/riecoin/files/cpuminer%20rminerd%203.1.1/

OK so on the great advice of someone who was clearly wrong a few posts ago, I looked around and saw the coin wasn't even up for a vote on cryptorush . . one of the smaller exchanges.

I just put in a ticket for you at cryptorush. Their system is: submit ticket, they add it for voting, we vote for it, it gets on exchange depending on how many votes you get.

Will let you know when they add it for voting.

Also, I say this person was wrong because having many smaller exchanges further supports decentralization and also anchors the coin so it doesn't get ruined the night it gets added to cryptsy. Also. . .don't focus too hard on cryptsy, there are many faster options out there that won't hold your coins in escrow for days.

EDIT: I just found a reddit vote for this @ coinedup. Sites like this are what we should be focusing on. Here is the link so vote it way up and fill it full of comments!

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1z5eez/please_add_riecoin_to_coinedup/

Don't forget to upvote!
Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:43:52 AM

Edited OP.

You are definitely on the right track but there is still plenty of room for improvements. I did a test run on testnet but most solved blocks were rejected.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
remistevens

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:37:37 AM

I made the video so since you're saying I'm full of shit I'll respond to that. The mentions of 'decentralization' are in regards to the coin design and code, not the current state of the community. I could have made a video that made the claim "fully decentralized once more pools are added", but that would soon need to be edited. . .Unless I had no expectation that more pools would ever be created, in which case why would I bother making a promotional video?

I also got a donation of 250RIC for creating the video, there was a post for 500RIC for a block explorer, I think there are bounties for pools too. There are discussion of how to get more pools going and such here: riecointalk.com.
remistevens

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:44:14 AM

Yes, post everything a hundred times if that's what it takes. Riecoin has crap reputation right now. Bitcointalk has a fan-friggin-tastic one. Things that people read here are taken as legit, compared to a site like riecointalk.

Also I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic.

Don't hold your own perceived organization above the reputation that this site has. This coin is so young, that it would still benefit it greatly to leech off of that as long as possible.

If the bounty for the pool were read in the first post of this thread . . as well as any pools and any kind of legitimate information pertaining to the coin . . . it would be great. This is the most successful approach so far. It has worked many times before. Why are you trying to circumvent something so simple?

No sarcasm here at all. I think you're absolutely right in fact. I know when I check out new coins its the bitcointalk release first page, the last few pages, and the website. . . If it looks good I'll check it out further. Not sure why the first page here isn't a top priority.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: