Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:21:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
herlips (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:28:35 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 02:17:12 PM by herlips

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
lmodric

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

it could happen because every trade there must be a black game that will always exist from time to time but the system they do that is not in the know by the crowd.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

The prices are really manipulated, I see this, because by all the rules of the market, which are available today, prices should have gone up many times, there are a lot of tools, but prices are still going down.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:56:11 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think that only large investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency.

haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:05:09 PM

I think it's not impossible, manipulating the price of coins for personal or group gain, that's normal in a business, sometimes this is no secret anymore, some people are beginning to understand this pattern of manipulation game, I think the best way to overcome this is to hold back self and do not participate in their game plot.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

The game with prices exists in all markets. The stock market is no exception, where strict control and regulation. The crypto market is the best place for manipulation, where there is no control. So why not?

CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
I think that only large investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency.
I disagree with you... I think the Tether team can do the manipulation because they have a certain amount of USDT that can be controlled and they can use it to pump crypto, I don't doubt it because Tether has power in this market, the public believes that USDT will always be worth $ 1. It can be misused by them
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:24:27 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
manipulation is possible if you are a trader that holds enormous amount of token supply you are able to move the market whales can easily control the market because they have large amount of coins.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 02:28:59 PM

Unfortunately all markets, even regulated financial ones, are subject to market manipulation. In regulated, this is legally forbidden and if the authority finds out, investigations are open and law is enforced, so it is difficult. Yet, you sometimes find news about that, such as the big manipulation in LIBOR that happened some years ago.

Crypto markets are mostly unregulated, in many countries. This makes much easier for the big capital to manipulate, unfortunately.

This is why you need to be smart.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

I doubt that the manipulation of the price of cryptocurrencies can arrange for only one team. I'm sure it's a whale conspiracy, and a lot of people are involved. They simultaneously started their actions on all exchanges. This requires a lot of resources. I will not take any action now and will wait for the bulls.
D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:29:53 PM

manipulation is possible if you are a trader that holds enormous amount of token supply you are able to move the market whales can easily control the market because they have large amount of coins.
If the market was being manipulated in some ways, there there is a chance that the cause of the red tide are being controlled by the whales and the other big investors. If is true then, if they attract more traders them will decide again for another sell off.
engesi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:34:07 PM

In fact, I think that all the currency prices can be manipulated, as long as you can hold 30% of this token! Then you can do this! Including Bitcoin, I think there are dealers behind these currencies!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

As if no one knew Grin All this was said about in the fall, when the price grew right after the release of a new tether. They did not say anything new
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:44:20 PM

The game with prices exists in all markets. The stock market is no exception, where strict control and regulation. The crypto market is the best place for manipulation, where there is no control. So why not?
In the stock market, you would have been imprisoned for 10 years for such manipulations. I'm not a fan of them, but they are very strict about such manipulations. And on the crypto market, we can expect anything
herlips (OP)

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:15:44 PM

In the stock market, you would have been imprisoned for 10 years for such manipulations. I'm not a fan of them, but they are very strict about such manipulations. And on the crypto market, we can expect anything
I absolutely agree with you, I just don't get it why they have to manipulate the market.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:48:58 PM

I think it's not impossible, manipulating the price of coins for personal or group gain, that's normal in a business, sometimes this is no secret anymore, some people are beginning to understand this pattern of manipulation game, I think the best way to overcome this is to hold back self and do not participate in their game plot.

I disagree. Manipulators or the so-called whales have steering wheels. They have the money to manipulate the market. These whales are not just composed of few individuals, they may be an organization composed of powerful and rich crypto enthusiasts and investors. They can divert the market by using their funds and their strategies.

Belozerov85

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

I think the cryptocurrency market is very manipulated. This is primarily due to the fact. that having a relatively small amount can significantly affect the price of the coin.
Shame_Game

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:55:23 PM

The cryptocurrency market, like any other liquid market, is subject to manipulation. Another thing is that you do not need to delve into it, you just need to constantly invest. And only in this case you can count on a great income.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

Not only on Bitfinex but i believe on some exchangers too since we do emphasize Tether on here then its always been possible. The thing here is that we dont know on whats happening behind that curtain but rest assured things about manipulation is indeed real and theres nothing to be shocked of. Manipulation do always exist as long there are people who are capable on doing such thing specially whales or any people who do have capacity.It does even exist on forex and stocks so crypto wont really be an exception.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:11:32 PM

Not only bitfinex is doing this. All exchanges has the ability to do this. I won't name one but I can see on all of my exchanges used that this things happen. One instance, the fake buy and sell recorded in the trade history.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: