Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352320 times)
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:33:00 AM

dev shoule think to modify  retarget difficulty  time,prevent multpool damage this coin,the time is too long,at best the dif is change every block.

In my opinion every block actually discourages big players from aiming...while it may hurt to see them abandon at high difficulty, a longer time gives more constancy to hash rate.  I think a middle ground that would be a pain to monitor, but less often than every block (maybe 30-50 or less) would give more incentive to set and forget-maybe change every so often.  While small miners want the difficulty drop, those invested in it wanted it to raise,  finding something in between would give big guys a reason to hand around, at least more often, and little guys more of a chance.  In the end if, you really want a coin to be worth something you want a higher difficulty, if you want to make it as a miner you want a lower difficulty.  Gravity in my opinion encourages a much lower difficulty. 

I might be completely wrong, feel free to argue or correct me.  I'm not trying to say this like I know what I'm talking about, but that's how I see it.

i honestly believe the difficulty has been progressing at an absolutely perfect rate. rewarded early miners and gave enough time for newcomers to scoop up quite a bit KARM as well. i watched phicoin jump from 0 to 16 difficulty in less than an hour.. it was retarded and ridiculous, god knows where it's at now. karma has slowly but steadily been increasing since launch almost 72 hours ago @ a current difficulty of 32.  from 500 mh net hashrate, to 1gh, to 2.5 ghs day to day over 72 hours.. perfectly smooth ride up. it may have some qualities down the road integrating with reddit karma, but reddit themselves would have to adopt it and that's a very long road, dev would have to prove his commitment for sure. either way, successful or pump n dump altcoin that gets lost and forgotten, miners can succeed here no doubt. i'm mining @ 2.7mh, sold for 3btc + some change, and re-bought in. pretty damn good for the little guy.

kujaultima

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:33:21 AM

where is this coin getting its popularity from?
i havent seen any reference of media attention.
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:45:05 AM

me neither, i just found this page and joined the ride.  Cool

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
Maurizio

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:49:30 AM

STOP Mining 3 or 4 blocks before diff. change.
Then we can mine next 240+blocks with a low diff.
Jump off 3 to 4 blocks before diff. changes.
good karma

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:51:19 AM

me neither, i just found this page and joined the ride.  Cool

either way, at current diff of 32 and only 5 satoshis at https://www.mintpal.com/market/KARM/BTC, i am looking to make .06 btc ($48 @ $800 btc value) per 24h @ 2.7mh atm. not bad. the community seems asleep, but they were starting to build with some good ideas last night, referenced in OP. if it even goes up a tiny bit in valuable, it becomes significantly more profitable for miners. especially if community comes through with some of the ideas and the coin moves on through exchange cycles.

shaal

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:13:46 AM

41.789 BTC in a day on the new exchange...  Shocked

Now at 42.244 BTC compared to pengiun coins which has only had 5.119 BTC the different is amazing, so glad i've stuck with my kama coin :-)

elixir

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:27:38 AM

i dont trust that penguin coin.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
kambocyali37

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:34:18 AM

we need more promotes and more hashrates and more exchanges

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php -> vote 10 times in a day

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726 -> for coinmarket.io
dmgta

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:38:04 AM

wtb 6.5mio for 0.25btc pm me

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your ridiculous they are on exchanges for higher than that go buy there cheap ass
mison

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:38:17 AM

dev shoule think to modify  retarget difficulty  time,prevent multpool damage this coin,the time is too long,at best the dif is change every block.

change diff every block is not clever. Many coins crash for that. Because if hashrate will increase to sky, and if they leave, diff gets stuck high at last one block, then they could jump in again and again every second block. Best way is allow only small diff increase up and down.
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:48:22 AM

we need more promotes and more hashrates and more exchanges

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php -> vote 10 times in a day

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726 -> for coinmarket.io

while i do agree more net hashrate would be good, 2.6GH + is pretty awesome so far. more than other coins who launched several days before and at the same time.

mison

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:49:45 AM

In my opinion every block actually discourages big players from aiming...while it may hurt to see them abandon at high difficulty, a longer time gives more constancy to hash rate.  I think a middle ground that would be a pain to monitor, but less often than every block (maybe 30-50 or less) would give more incentive to set and forget-maybe change every so often.  While small miners want the difficulty drop, those invested in it wanted it to raise,  finding something in between would give big guys a reason to hand around, at least more often, and little guys more of a chance.  In the end if, you really want a coin to be worth something you want a higher difficulty, if you want to make it as a miner you want a lower difficulty.  Gravity in my opinion encourages a much lower difficulty. 

I might be completely wrong, feel free to argue or correct me.  I'm not trying to say this like I know what I'm talking about, but that's how I see it.

i honestly believe the difficulty has been progressing at an absolutely perfect rate. rewarded early miners and gave enough time for newcomers to scoop up quite a bit KARM as well. i watched phicoin jump from 0 to 16 difficulty in less than an hour.. it was retarded and ridiculous, god knows where it's at now. karma has slowly but steadily been increasing since launch almost 72 hours ago @ a current difficulty of 32.  from 500 mh net hashrate, to 1gh, to 2.5 ghs day to day over 72 hours.. perfectly smooth ride up. it may have some qualities down the road integrating with reddit karma, but reddit themselves would have to adopt it and that's a very long road, dev would have to prove his commitment for sure. either way, successful or pump n dump altcoin that gets lost and forgotten, miners can succeed here no doubt. i'm mining @ 2.7mh, sold for 3btc + some change, and re-bought in. pretty damn good for the little guy.
bullshit. You could earn with your hashrate max 10mKARM and it is at 6satoshi per coin just 0,6BTC.
Khaoimon

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:52:17 AM

In my opinion it has an interesting reward system that is high, but not too high, its not exact 2mil each block so there is variance to keep it from climbing too quickly and being perfectly predictable.  It has a nice name and interesting concept and reason.  I don't think that the reason is enough to warrant it being the world currency, but I really do like the idea of giving things I like good karma.  

You can say that you can do that with any btc, or any coin but that means people asking for it by knowing what it is or posting a link.  The idea that I can mail and author/developer/good doer/webdev/whatever and say I wanna give you Karma, and its worth something to you, is a nice gesture that instantly tells them that the reason I am giving it to them is the good that they did (while you could argue free money does that in a way) is nice to me.

Outside of that and exceedingly fair launch with the blockchain rest twice to thwart people trying to take advantage of it, a pool other than the dev's ending up mining more coins than the devs due to a ddos (probably the same exploiters), gave a lot of fair chance to it.  If the dev is going to do things to support it, it will be because of the idea of the coin being given back to them as much as it sucks their pool got ddosed.

Finally, its similar to doge in some regards, without being a silly meme.  Doge was fun, and the devs are very smart business people with good ideas but the idea of a meme having real value is hard to grasp.  The rewards, difficultly, etc, seem to fit very well in the idea of a world currency that is smaller than btc/ltc, but its still hahaha dogecoin.  This instead, imo, has potential as presenting itself seriously, having similar qualities, and a reason the internet could use it.  While not necessarily being the penny to the btc, use is value, and with value there is more use.   While again that could be said about any coin, if I do something interesting I don't want to say, 'hey give me money.' I want to say, 'hey give me some karma!'  Though its a religious idea, is surpasses the religion because its taken on a social meaning.

Also, in all of the posts in the current thread, it seems to be filled with lack of greed.  While I'm sure there are many, including myself (I would love to pay off my debt and be a free man with its sales), that are just doing it for money, the atmosphere of the thread has been quite friendly because the idea of it is friendly and something we can all get behind.  Good is good.  Good is good, bad is bad.  There are many of gray areas, but good is fucking good.  If it is good, I want to support it.  Not right(which is personal opinion), but good!

Just my 2karmas Tongue

johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:53:14 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 09:49:57 AM by johnngbluntzky

Bullshit. You could earn with your hashrate max 10mKARM and it is at 6satoshi per coin just 0,6BTC.

dude i solo mined at launch, you have any idea what that is?

*i did mention it rewarded early miners at launch. take your "bullshit" and eat it you skeptic asshole.

**btw, pretty sure my tweet about the 3 btc was retweeted at http://mintpal.com.. go there and check yourself.

theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:55:58 AM

me neither, i just found this page and joined the ride.  Cool

either way, at current diff of 32 and only 5 satoshis at https://www.mintpal.com/market/KARM/BTC, i am looking to make .06 btc ($48 @ $800 btc value) per 24h @ 2.7mh atm. not bad. the community seems asleep, but they were starting to build with some good ideas last night, referenced in OP. if it even goes up a tiny bit in valuable, it becomes significantly more profitable for miners. especially if community comes through with some of the ideas and the coin moves on through exchange cycles.
Hey I'm still waiting for my video  Grin

#Bitcoin
mison

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:56:34 AM

Bullshit. You could earn with your hashrate max 10mKARM and it is at 6satoshi per coin just 0,6BTC.

*i did mention it rewarded early miners at launch. take your bullshit and eat it you skeptic asshole.
I was mined from beginning too, so I dont believe your fairytale. Just post some transaction details little troll
johnngbluntzky

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:58:17 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 09:11:28 AM by johnngbluntzky

*i did mention it rewarded early miners at launch. take your bullshit and eat it you skeptic asshole.
I was mined from beginning too, so I dont believe your fairytale. Just post some transaction details little troll

ahahahahaha.. 1st.. go check this thread and check out the sales of 15mil i did on page 3

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448556.40

and then you can fuck off for calling me a troll. seems karma gonna bite you by not lettin you on the karma bandwagon. have fun. keep hatin. i'm sure it gets you real far in the real world  Grin

Khaoimon

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:59:54 AM

is this coingen?

from what i understand, it can't be coingen due to the bonus blocks.
You can always edit what coingen gives you.
It's not that hard to modify the block reward structure.

http://coingen.io/status.html
KARMACOIN

LOL. Guys going crazy over coingen product.

Didn't we discuss this like 30 pages ago?  Read moar.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:02:15 AM

i would i agree. so far everything is perfect. but we should keep in mind a faster difficulty re adjustment once it get more popular. But for now ,this is good , nice and linear
mison

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:11:31 AM

ahahahahaha.. 1st.. go check this thread and check out the sales of 15mil i did on page 3

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448556.40

and then you can fuck off for calling me a troll. seems karma gonna bite you by not lettin you on the karma bandwagon. have fun. keep hatin.
15M (18M) (6M/0,1BTC)x3 is just 0,3BTC not 3, go back to the school.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: