Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:16:28 PM

Im waiting until 1 sato to buy some more, I love this coin, I really want 1 sato though,
because I can't loose any money buying at 1 sato right?
 In the long run I see this coin rising.

Come on kitteh!!!!  Grin

you can still lose but you can buy a lot of MEOW for 1 satoshi...i really dont think that will happen...too much profit to be made at higher price points.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadikul

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:17:15 PM

Im waiting until 1 sato to buy some more, I love this coin, I really want 1 sato though,
because I can't loose any money buying at 1 sato right?
 In the long run I see this coin rising.

Come on kitteh!!!!  Grin

The question is HOW long run Smiley
wB`

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:19:19 PM

The long run in the crypto world can be 1 day or 1 week. Everyone said bitcoin would recover in the long run from mtgox....well 1 week later it looks pretty good again!
Demator027

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:40:39 PM

I started mining 3 days after this coin came out, didn't sell during the max keiser thing when it was at 120 sato.
Im in it for the long run  Grin
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:55:01 PM

You guys are retarded... I'm holding this til 100+ sats

I just hope Craptsy or Coinedup doesn't get robbed cuz my coins are still on there.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Inity

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:12:08 AM

I didnt have any BTC at Poloniex myself but just read this
BTC stolen at Poloniex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580

There's always a risk I guess with these exchanges. I hope other exchanges dont get robbed this easy

wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:27:28 AM

I didnt have any BTC at Poloniex myself but just read this
BTC stolen at Poloniex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580

There's always a risk I guess with these exchanges. I hope other exchanges dont get robbed this easy

At least the owner of the exchange is going to make things right for people. Seems like a class act.
komrobert

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:41:28 AM

This is ridiculous! Why are people selling at 7 satoshis? Mining isn't as profitable so there shouldn't be many mine and dump farmers. There has been a huge wave of dumps because of the btc drops but now that it has pretty much stabilized and noone is trying to get out anymore, why are we selling at 7 rather than waiting for some legit price such as say 50? In my opinion, Doge doesn't have much over MEOW except for the fact that it has a bigger community. Kitteh, however, has 25 billion coins compared to the unlimited source of coins for DOGE and has KGW and a great dev team willing to implement new features. If you are selling at below 10 satoshis right now I am glad you are because we do not need the weak hands and that way you are letting more people join the MEOW and have a good experience with the coin:) Not trying to be mean or anything but selling at 7 after 100+ is kind of retarded in my eyes:D
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:02:14 AM

This is ridiculous! Why are people selling at 7 satoshis? Mining isn't as profitable so there shouldn't be many mine and dump farmers. There has been a huge wave of dumps because of the btc drops but now that it has pretty much stabilized and noone is trying to get out anymore, why are we selling at 7 rather than waiting for some legit price such as say 50? In my opinion, Doge doesn't have much over MEOW except for the fact that it has a bigger community. Kitteh, however, has 25 billion coins compared to the unlimited source of coins for DOGE and has KGW and a great dev team willing to implement new features. If you are selling at below 10 satoshis right now I am glad you are because we do not need the weak hands and that way you are letting more people join the MEOW and have a good experience with the coin:) Not trying to be mean or anything but selling at 7 after 100+ is kind of retarded in my eyes:D

Was only worth 100+ because Max Keisers cuntery made it that way

You guys gotta make the coin valuable, make it something more than a clone.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:57:59 AM

To be fair, that's all that matters. The community is more important than anything, have you seen the NYC Doge party?

Supply doesn't mean jack shit if there is no demand. But I think kitteh has plenty to grow

PS- I agree with TheMightyX 's post about marketing and kitteh 2.0

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:18:56 AM

Yup community and support are very important. Stop by the irc channel on kittehcoin.info to chat!
komrobert

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:44:03 AM

Alright, I agree that The community and support is important but we do not have such a small support group either! I do not think MEOW should be worth 1/20th of DOGE with a lot less coins while still having a bunch of support and a good dev team, I just don't think that makes sense. I think that once this btc wave is over and it stabilizes or grows even higher, we could see more investors coming in and more support as the alt market rejoins the crypto scene. This coin definitely has a future and I do not see why people are giving it a bad time, Kitteh needs to be happy once again:)
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:00:37 AM

Hold on guys, downtrend is almost over, block reward halving in ten days will remove a huge amount of daily inflation from this coin.
Developers will soon come out with something cool too!  Wink
Future is bright for our little Kittehs.

MEOOOOOOOOW  Tongue

How bout we just end kitteh PoW entirely?
I think there are more than enough kittehs in the wild.

This comment was only a half joke.
We have lost a lot of consumer confidence and just holding and praying is NOT going to get that back.
Also saying Kitteh is great and Kitteh is going to be fine will not make it so. You are going to have a hard time convincing people to use meows as a currency if its continually losing its value. There are new currencies coming out every week (if not day) and MEOW is getting burried underneath the pile of rubbish.

I'm heavily invested in many coins but my investment in kittehcoin has gone done from 80 and 60 to 7. I could sell out now at a 80-90% loss but I would rather just throw the coins away so as not to devalue the currency further.

It seems the start of the end if measures are not taken.
If you take my advice, which you should, but are not required to, you may have a chance to create something lasting before everyone jumps ship. Keep in mind its much easier to hold something than it is to fight to get it back after you let it go.
Kittehcoin needs drastic change and a coordinated push.

A " marketing team" needs to be created. People need to be assigned tasks, (this person creates funny cat memes, this person posts on 4chan, this person to reddit, 9gag, etc etc) to get the word out and and create a buzz.
This is easier said than done when no one is getting paid.

The development team needs to go back to the drawing board and say; What has been done? and What can be done? What are other coins doing? What is no one doing? You can't exist in a vacuum. There is a world going on out there.
Saying "our coin is good and our coin will survive because there was no premine" is naive. A premine or IPO does not mean your coin won't survive. In fact having a development budget will help ensure it does thrive.

This may seem drastic but think about this:
What if the coin was relaunched as Kittehcoin 2.0 with adaptive scrypt-n to prevent multi-pools and asics?
This would prevent constant downward pressure from multi-pools autoselling.
You could create a trade-in like memorycoin or a burn-system like counterparty did where all MEOWS from 1.0 can be traded in for MEOWS from 2.0 so no one loses their stake.

Everyone would start at exactly the same place. But the coin would be stronger.

What if a constant automatic 2% fee was attached to block rewards like several other coins are doing?
That fee could be split 1% to the development fund and 1% to a charity fund that would automatically payout to a specific charity address voted upon each month. Counting on or expecting voluntary donations is one thing. But if you actually want to get things done you HAVE to assume user apathy/laziness and impose that donation in a mandatory fashion.
Do you think anyone is going to complain that 2% of their profits are going to save the lives of homeless and injured animals? Or sae an endangered species of tiger? Of course not.

That would be something people would be promoting and holding long term.

Plain and simple Kittehcoin is a Gen 1 crypto currency competing against Gen 2 currencies.
There is nothing wrong with changing the protocol if it is unanimous.
Don't think of it as "giving up" or "starting over". Lets face it this coin was not planned for a very long time. It was not years in the making. The dev team did some things right, and some things wrong. It's time to learn from those mistakes and make the coin better because of them.

Better (subjective) coins are coming out every day/week. Even if you are not learning from your mistakes, they are.
Waiting and praying is NOT the solution. Neither is continuing on like nothing is wrong.

+1
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:37:17 AM

A " marketing team" needs to be created. People need to be assigned tasks, (this person creates funny cat memes, this person posts on 4chan, this person to reddit, 9gag, etc etc) to get the word out and and create a buzz.
This is easier said than done when no one is getting paid.

The development team needs to go back to the drawing board and say; What has been done? and What can be done? What are other coins doing? What is no one doing? You can't exist in a vacuum. There is a world going on out there.
Saying "our coin is good and our coin will survive because there was no premine" is naive. A premine or IPO does not mean your coin won't survive. In fact having a development budget will help ensure it does thrive.

This may seem drastic but think about this:
What if the coin was relaunched as Kittehcoin 2.0 with adaptive scrypt-n to prevent multi-pools and asics?
This would prevent constant downward pressure from multi-pools autoselling.
You could create a trade-in like memorycoin or a burn-system like counterparty did where all MEOWS from 1.0 can be traded in for MEOWS from 2.0 so no one loses their stake.

Everyone would start at exactly the same place. But the coin would be stronger.

So easy to say, so much harder to do. You really think if we launch some "MEOW 2.0" anyone will trust it? What will happen to MEOW 1.0 if not traded in for 2.0? What are the specs of this MEOW 2.0? How would adaptive-N-Factor help at all? Asics are not our problem... Multpools are, adaptive N doesn't do anything for multipools. Also where will the marketing for MEOW 2.0 come from? How will MEOW 2.0 be explained relative to MEOW 1.0?.... "Well the original MEOW became too cheap and its spec was broken to start with, we fixed it and we added KGW... but then the value got low so we decided to make another one... its ok though, you can trade in your cheap 1.0 MEOW for 2.0 MEOW"?

To get a real "coin marketing team" in the sense people want it will cost money- real money. PMs from marketers have put this in the 5-10BTC range. If the community wants to help raise those funds, we will gladly use them to hire a "real" marketing team that can do nothing but pump the coin 24/7. If we want to do this, I'm all for it. i can setup a community wallet for donations, soon as we get to the target cost of the team (I'm talking about marketers like @ThisWeeksCoin and the likes) we'll make the payment, and we'll make sure the marketing team is "known" to the community so that they can voice their reactions to the marketing teams "work".

We need more actual involvement from the community, and less talk about what WE (the devs) need to do. This is an open source project. This is an international community. Why hasn't our community done more to help the coin grow and succeed? And when we add features or services requested by the community, why does no one use them? We are still hard at work on this coin, but to correct the issue with the value it is really a community effort. We need more people who will actually DO STUFF, instead of just complain about stuff and be negative.

We are testing http://contribute.kittehcoin.info for this exact purpose (community contribution). This will allow people to easily dip in and help kittehcoin out- development, marketing, ideas, etc. I see no reason for people to be waiting on this though, they could easily be tweeting about MEOW, blogging about it, posting items for sale using MEOW on AllSoS.com, turning friends on to it, posting memes, yet when I search kittehcoin on twitter I see my own posts, and those of the core early adopters. Post on twitter. Post on Facebook. Post on Google+. Post on forums. Don't just post here complaining.

http://www.reddit.com/r/kittehcoin/comments/1zl2h4/notice_posts_complaining_about_asking_about_price/

And there are many coin innovations we're working on- did you not see we added KGW almost instantly after the community requested it? Have you not heard we have a merge-mined coin coming out? We are looking at nameID, we are investigating ZeroCoin facets, and storing data on the blockchain in addition to transactions. I'm not sure where you got the idea we just cloned a coin and were "operating in a vacuum, having no premine isn't enough"? Our news updates have made constant references to these coin innovations. Just cause we didn't choose to implement the overhyped-PoW-of-the-moment called Adaptive-N Scrypt doesn't mean we aren't implementing core coin innovations.

But then it all goes back to marketing. We could revolutionize crypto but without marketing where are we? Look at Aurora coin, they have done nothing revolutionary at all, they did something niche and somewhat kitchy and look at its value. I'm sure it'll drop like a rock in 9 days when they "airdrop" or whatever but there isn't anything innovative about what they have implemented. Yet look at that value. All marketing.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:10:18 AM

wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:33:59 AM

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:34:36 AM

Uh, is it bad that literally that is what I was doing. First I tried to check coinedup. Why must the IRC bot be down! We must track down Raudii!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:37:47 AM

wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:48:44 AM

wB`

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:22:35 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: