Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:55:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:23:40 AM

Multi-pools are parasitic. They are an attack on a coin, plain and simple.
Your coin is defenseless from these attackers.

Could somebody elaborate on the risks that multipools bring? The price of the coin rises, it becomes more valuable to mine, all multipools start mining the coin, the markets are overflowed with coins? Is that it?

Multipools come along and massively increase the hashrate of a coin, start instamining blocks and then immediately dump them onto the exchanges. They keep doing this until the difficultly retargets at which point they switch to a different coin leaving the original coin with a ridiculously high difficulty and a lower price so there is absolutely no incentive to mine it anymore. The original miners are then left with a woefully low hashrate vs the current difficulty meaning that blocks take forever to find and transactions start taking far too long. And when the diff finally gets back to normal there's absolutely nothing to stop the multipools coming back and doing it all over again.

There's a reason why practically every coin nowadays has KGW as standard.

Even KGW doesnt protect you. KGW sounds great in theory but it needs to be tweaked quite a bit.  Dano is currently working on a unique algorithm to increase our defense against the multi pools.

KGW doesn't prevent multipools from mining a coin, they will still mine whatever is most profitable regardless of whether the coin uses KGW or not.  KGW does protect against the aftermath they often cause which is skyrocketing diffs and slower confirmations after they stop mining a coin.
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:09:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.new#new

VOTE Smiley
wB`

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:56:28 AM

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:51:52 AM

Multi-pools are parasitic. They are an attack on a coin, plain and simple.
Your coin is defenseless from these attackers.

Could somebody elaborate on the risks that multipools bring? The price of the coin rises, it becomes more valuable to mine, all multipools start mining the coin, the markets are overflowed with coins? Is that it?

Multipools come along and massively increase the hashrate of a coin, start instamining blocks and then immediately dump them onto the exchanges. They keep doing this until the difficultly retargets at which point they switch to a different coin leaving the original coin with a ridiculously high difficulty and a lower price so there is absolutely no incentive to mine it anymore. The original miners are then left with a woefully low hashrate vs the current difficulty meaning that blocks take forever to find and transactions start taking far too long. And when the diff finally gets back to normal there's absolutely nothing to stop the multipools coming back and doing it all over again.

There's a reason why practically every coin nowadays has KGW as standard.

Even KGW doesn't protect you. KGW sounds great in theory but it needs to be tweaked quite a bit.  Dano is currently working on a unique algorithm to increase our defense against the multi pools.

Yeah this is all spot on. Sorry I am slammed @ work this week but a 4day weekend coming up means extra time to work on kittehcoin. Basically KGW doesn't always work. Even when it does there are ways (and the MPs may have figured them out) to manipulate KGW so you get a low diff even with MP level mining power suddenly introduced. In any case we are working on a better solution that still involves block-by-block diff adjustments, even looking into if its possible to adjust difficulty on the fly within a block.

Appreciate everyone who has posted the corrective information regarding adaptive-N, your comments about it being a hyped piece of coin marketing are spot on. It may have benefits in a year or two, but not now, not until scrypt asics are getting more widely produced. Even then it can be easily added to kittehcoin. We want to introduce more valuable innovations- that will bring new buyers as well as crypto enthusiasts who can see through things like adaptive-N scrypt hype.

Added Cryptsy to OP! Noticed it needs a proper scrubbing will update it after work tomorrow.

Will be posting more detailed replies tomorrow evening; sorry for the brevity!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:11:20 AM

take it easy dano
the kitteh community owes you a lot for your hard work
and all we can do is complain because everyone wants to be rich (right MEOW!)..instead of helping

i agree that POW can be changed on current coin and don't need a 2.0
i think ASICS are not that bad - they secure the network with less power usage - it's more efficient if you like it or not. and adds value.
rich people can afford ASICs but also rich people can afford more GPUs + electricity costs..or cpu farms. so its the same.

sha256d miners will always complain about ASICs farms
scrypt miners will always complain about GPU farms.. quark miners will always complain about botnets

at least kitteh is scrypt so it let almost everyone a chance to participate, before ASICs are in everyone's homes

as a miner - my only complaint (yes.. i keep complaining..Smiley is that the block reward halved before 200k block (original specs).. giving late adopters less coins
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:54:33 AM

TheMightyX, while you have very few valid points, Premine & suspicious [non-public] IPOs never was & never will be a "norm" in future. this is just gold-fever with noobz to lose their money.

unless for retarded people, yes i said retarded people, whom believe in cartoons & super-heroes which thinks that some faceless troll [an unknown dev] will give away 50% pre-mine [300,000,000 $ in current price] just becoz he is a nice guy !!  Cheesy Cheesy [yes i am talking about the biggest scam ever; AKA auroracoin, lol]

~ adaptive-N can have some benefits, but its basically a "Hyped" PoW with no real use in future. & we don't need v2.0 hype, kitteh was one of the very few that launched in a fever of crapcoins & never  was a "hyped"or a "P&D" coin like many other scamcoins.

TheMightyX, however your frustration is totally understandable, & kitteh could do alot better.

~ peAce

We will have to disagree on the validity of my post -_-
I'm not sure what the auroracoin reference has to do with anything but maybe you are forgetting how things work in the real world. People have bills, rent and families to feed. That means most often things don't get made for nothing.
Companies need investors and IPOs to build lasting brands and products. Were we really hoping that some guy is going to develop something in his spare time thats going to make us all rich? Well that would be nice, but rarely happens.

Applying our narrow view of the cryptocurrency market (premine = bad!) to business ethics is a foolish task. Yes, there are many times when developers shouldn't get a premine, or have an IPO, but I don't think this is one of them. There are ways to make premines fair and for the last couple hundred years of industry IPOs have been funding companies to grow and expand. So to say that all of a sudden the creator/developer shouldn't have a vested interest in his own product is absurd.
An IPO is actually a better model of funding development because the developer won't need to sell out of the currency (inflation) to pay himself. The IPO could even be held in escrow with a m-of-n transaction between trusted community members. Hell you could have 50 members included in the transaction, and to get paid 40 signatures would be needed. Is that safe enough for you? If 40 of us have to say its ok to pay the developer X number of bitcoins once a month?
Of course no one actually takes the time to implement these kinds of things. In this way the cryptocurrency community is immature. Not thinking of the future. All we can think about a premine or IPO is "What? Why should that schmuck get money for doing nothing!".
Well without it where is his incentive for making it great? Unless he lives in his parents basement the developer is generally working on it part-time or whenever he can find a few hours here and there. Do we all really want something for nothing? I know I do but we can't all be as greedy as I am!  Shocked

Yeah this is all spot on. Sorry I am slammed @ work this week but a 4day weekend coming up means extra time to work on kittehcoin. Basically KGW doesn't always work. Even when it does there are ways (and the MPs may have figured them out) to manipulate KGW so you get a low diff even with MP level mining power suddenly introduced. In any case we are working on a better solution that still involves block-by-block diff adjustments, even looking into if its possible to adjust difficulty on the fly within a block.

Appreciate everyone who has posted the corrective information regarding adaptive-N, your comments about it being a hyped piece of coin marketing are spot on. It may have benefits in a year or two, but not now, not until scrypt asics are getting more widely produced. Even then it can be easily added to kittehcoin. We want to introduce more valuable innovations- that will bring new buyers as well as crypto enthusiasts who can see through things like adaptive-N scrypt hype.

Added Cryptsy to OP! Noticed it needs a proper scrubbing will update it after work tomorrow.

Will be posting more detailed replies tomorrow evening; sorry for the brevity!

Overhyped marketing gimmick or not. Vertcoin hasn't been hit by multipools, ever.
So... I'm not really sure how something that could have prevented what's happened to this coin is just a gimmick.

It may have benefits in a year or two, but not now,

I kind of see an algo that could have prevented what's happened to our kitteh pretty beneficial right MEOW!, don't you?
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:02:54 AM

I think you are ready to make your own coin...

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
wB`

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:29:57 AM

+1

Ng93

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:44:27 AM

Rising again ...
Wise84

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:54:55 AM

Rising again ...

Yep. The bottom has been reached. We are going up again!

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

And has gotten it's private calculator which can be found at https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/meow

Coin    Difficulty    Coin reward/day    Exchange rate BTC    Exchange rate USD    Revenue/day    Days to create 1 BTC
KittehCoin 7.27870969    70475.7430844    Poloniex0.00000009    6.06429E-5    $4.27    157.66

ebi

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:24:16 AM

@TheMightyX

I was just being nice here before, obviously you still have a lot to learn about basic concepts of crypto-currency. I said "non-public" IPOs which is a "norm" nowdayz by your definition & 99% of new coins scam people with IPOs & pre-mines not to "market" the coin, just becoz they think they deserve over 100,000 $ by cloning a scrypt-jane coin & writing a 5 pages website in 2 months.

This can go long, & you probably will ignore the simple facts, but bottom line is, this DAC [Distributed Anonymous Corporation] systems;or simply any currency based on blockchain technology, pays for itself & doesn't really need an IPO as it has nothing to do with your usual companies [in last 100 years Cheesy] that have been created by IPOs.

read more.

~ pEace
Martin Law

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:08:14 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:20:06 AM by Martin Law

You can now rent webspace with KittehCoin

Automatic registration coming later.

For more info email me at the link on the webpage.
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Guy Fawkes Kittehs!

https://i.imgur.com/3KEHJUs.jpg

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
skorms

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

Now that the price is steadily increasing, more and more people are gonna buy in. Once that happens, more people will panic and buy back in resulting back in a price of 40 or 50.

This is what I think is gonna happen.
Kruemmelmonster

Activity: 338

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:36:56 PM

vote !!!
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:42:37 PM

I wish!
If I could stand programming I would be doing it.
Takes a certain kind of person, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

@TheMightyX

I was just being nice here before, obviously you still have a lot to learn about basic concepts of crypto-currency. I said "non-public" IPOs which is a "norm" nowdayz by your definition & 99% of new coins scam people with IPOs & pre-mines not to "market" the coin, just becoz they think they deserve over 100,000 $ by cloning a scrypt-jane coin & writing a 5 pages website in 2 months.

This can go long, & you probably will ignore the simple facts, but bottom line is, this DAC [Distributed Anonymous Corporation] systems;or simply any currency based on blockchain technology, pays for itself & doesn't really need an IPO as it has nothing to do with your usual companies [in last 100 years Cheesy] that have been created by IPOs.

read more.

~ pEace

I'm really not understanding where you are coming from. Kittehcoin is not a DAC. How does Kittehcoin pay for itself? How is it funding its own development? (it's not). Relying on donations is a very poor way to fund development. Surely you are not disagreeing with me on that point.

Etherium will be a good example of big-budget vs little/no-budget.
People may say "well bitcoin was made for free!" this is true, but it also wasn't competing against anything.
If bitcoin was released today it would be laughed out of the building. Slow block times, slow confirmations, slow adjustment, huge blockchain, weak algorithm, etc.

Again, I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. Just because many of the new crapcoins are scams with premines or IPOs doesn't mean a premine or IPO is useless and has no benefit to the coin and the community. We've already established that Dano is trustworthy and deserving of funding. I'm not talking about every other copycoin out there. I'm talking about Dano and Kitteh.

It obviously comes down to trust and competence. If the dev is trustworthy and competent then by all means give them a premine. Expecting them to work and be dedicated 24/7 out of the goodness of their heart is foolish. That being said, so is giving a premine to a "developer" with 0 activity.

Now that the price is steadily increasing, more and more people are gonna buy in. Once that happens, more people will panic and buy back in resulting back in a price of 40 or 50.

This is what I think is gonna happen.

If the price goes back up to 40 you can say hi to multipools again.
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

Is it just me, or did the price just double? Looks like whales have been beached.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:38:08 PM

my wallet, latest mac, will not sync. When i put .conf in kittehcoin folder i get an error , 'An error occurred while setting up the RPC port 22566 for listening on IPv4: bind: Address already in use' and wallet will not open.

my .conf looks like:

rpcuser=kittehcoinrpc
rpcpassword=3pecDgJ4oJLJeG24vED8MJp9reW6gKCQPsQRGGJB5mbm
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=22566
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
addnode=54.198.232.29:22566
addnode=198.1.59.33:22566
addnode=144.76.217.99:22566
addnode=50.116.55.60:22566
addnode=162.243.102.235:22566

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
wB`

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

Is it just me, or did the price just double? Looks like whales have been beached.

yup price has gone up. multi pools are back though...so it may go back down before it goes up.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: