Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:21:20 PM

Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)
That happens when the server changes coins? Or is it not normal?

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Tip: Add a backup pool (non-clevermining) so you don't loose out on hash time during coin switches.

This doesn't look like coin switches which are done without interruption.

For backup pools: I recommend setting another CleverMining regions as your backup pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riazg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:26:26 PM

TO THE ONES COMPLAINING ABOUT REJECTS:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140309/huph9rck.png
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140309/gpddavd9.png

Yes, it's my first rig and yes, I am a "small" miner - but it's working fine. So go back and check your settings. Wink

Terk, keep up the good work. Profitability - of course - can always be better.  Grin

Nice status, latency to the pool is another factor. I bet your connection to the EU pool is very good?
riazg

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:30:49 PM

Is it normal to get GPU Usage like that? This happens to all my rigs. (5 of them)

https://i.imgur.com/FSNPiYVl.jpg

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Tip: Add a backup pool (non-clevermining) so you don't loose out on hash time during coin switches.

For backup pools: I recommend setting another CleverMining regions as your backup pools.

If that's the case, then I agree! Add another region as a backup pool.
xdmlaser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

Man, you have 800kh/s, I have 80kh/s! But i'm building a 450kh/s rig, so my profits will go up.
And I agree completely with what you said, it's just frustrating to see stupid people keep asking the same questions.

You are building a rig that has 450KH total?Huh I have 1 card for sale that runs at 880KH, it's an R9 290, I had 2 of them and 2 7950s on 1 rig and it ran at 3000KH.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390791527751?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:12:28 PM

What is happening is it is switching coins during those dips.  Those dips are when there is no work from the pool.  Hope that helps.  Smiley

Thats weird if its not the coins changing. What could be the problem? When it happens, its for 5-10 seconds each time.

I am using MultiMiner to monitor my rigs which are in another network and although I have a back up pool, it doesnt report as the eu pool being down. So it does not change pool.
xdmlaser

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:25:28 PM

Thats weird if its not the coins changing. What could be the problem? When it happens, its for 5-10 seconds each time.

I am using MultiMiner to monitor my rigs which are in another network and although I have a back up pool, it doesnt report as the eu pool being down. So it does not change pool.

I think you have a power issue, the GPU load is unaffected by coin switching. Do you have a kill-a-watt? I would check exactly how much power you are pulling from each of your PSUs, you might be overloading them. Also what is the max AMP of your circuit you are running, 5 rigs on? (you said 5 right?) I had a 50amp circuit wired just for my rigs that run around 2000 watts.

On another note, the amount of rejected is nuts with this pool, I get a lot of 'rejected untracked stratum shares' which I have never seen before. The bottom screen with the pretty colors is 1 of my many gridseeds, you can see even that is running at almost a 10% loss of shares.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 05:39:05 PM

Leave dat servers immediately, they have massive reject problems. No solution in sight! I already left, you all should follow if mining is imporatant to you.

Monty-Python

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:53:58 PM

Just check a few posts above - it's not a "reject"-problem, it's a settings issue of your cgminer/sgminer/whatever. I have 3-4% maximum rejects using the EU server (as I am located in the EU Wink ).

Rent my rig on leaserig.net
Feedback and status: Link
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:10:35 PM

My reject is about 3-4% one thing i do is load balance with quota and failover enabled, basically when a coin switch happens and  it inst fast enough it will mine on the other pool for a bit while the switch happens then revert back to main pool in about a minute or less, this results in zero down time for me.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:13:06 PM

Just check a few posts above - it's not a "reject"-problem, it's a settings issue of your cgminer/sgminer/whatever. I have 3-4% maximum rejects using the EU server (as I am located in the EU Wink ).

It aint my settings. Stats show increasing reject rate of EU-server (and of mine simultaneously). I didnt touch my rigs, suddenly reject rate rised -> server problems. Leave them, you will be happy.

FCR

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:18:09 PM

I think you have a power issue, the GPU load is unaffected by coin switching. Do you have a kill-a-watt? I would check exactly how much power you are pulling from each of your PSUs, you might be overloading them. Also what is the max AMP of your circuit you are running, 5 rigs on? (you said 5 right?) I had a 50amp circuit wired just for my rigs that run around 2000 watts.

On another note, the amount of rejected is nuts with this pool, I get a lot of 'rejected untracked stratum shares' which I have never seen before. The bottom screen with the pretty colors is 1 of my many gridseeds, you can see even that is running at almost a 10% loss of shares.

You have to look at the rejected shares beside your individual cards; ignore the overall rejected shares at the top of the miner. There is some bug somewhere causing it, but they are not actually rejected.

I have mined here a few days and I can say that the mh/s listed at the top of the website is about 95%-100% accurate. Use your accepted hash rate and multiply by the advertised mh/s.
cuesta

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:24:28 PM

So, let's take a step back...

If you add up the hash rate of middlecoin, wafflepool and clevermining, that's about 60 Gh/s give or take the odd 5. There's other coin switching pools with or without direct BTC conversion and I'm sure some of them are significant, but hey-ho, you get my drift.

On the other hand, we have litecoin and dogecoin which might be around the 200 Gh/s mark. *Crucially*, everything else feathercoin, worldcoin et. al are down at the 5Gh/s or so level.

So, here we all are. Moaning about the BTC/Mh/Day. Haven't we caused the problem. Collectively?

The profits are down because several of coin switching algorithms are all doing similar things (see poolpicker for FACTUAL evidence), the OPs can't create profit because the profit isn't there. The profit isn't there because (a) the pools are too big to hit the small coins and therefore (b) there's a requirement to convert whatever there is to BTC - and that requires someone to actually want piles of crapcoins nobody wants. Am I missing something here ?

I can imagine that people with 100's of BTC from the early days want to diversify, which drove things for a while.  but there has to be a limit doesn't there ??

It is noticeable that H20 has been carrying 200 BTC of uselessness for ages on middlecoin - so even his back door trades have dried up. We are lucky, we have an organised and transparent OP, but the guy can't create money out of nothing. If there is no demand not much we can do...

Or...Is it all down to thousands of gridseeds coming online ? The litecoin hashrate keeps going up and I can't believe it's all down to AMD selling loads of 290s..

So what do you think ? Is the current profitablity just a blip, or have the big coin switching pools simply forced us to accept what we all know. CrapCoins are crap Huh

ijjz

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

If you add up the hash rate of middlecoin, wafflepool and clevermining, that's about 60 Gh/s give or take the odd 5. There's other coin switching pools with or without direct BTC conversion and I'm sure some of them are significant, but hey-ho, you get my drift.

On the other hand, we have litecoin and dogecoin which might be around the 200 Gh/s mark. *Crucially*, everything else feathercoin, worldcoin et. al are down at the 5Gh/s or so level.

So, here we all are. Moaning about the BTC/Mh/Day. Haven't we caused the problem. Collectively?

The profits are down because several of coin switching algorithms are all doing similar things (see poolpicker for FACTUAL evidence), the OPs can't create profit because the profit isn't there. The profit isn't there because (a) the pools are too big to hit the small coins and therefore (b) there's a requirement to convert whatever there is to BTC - and that requires someone to actually want piles of crapcoins nobody wants. Am I missing something here ?

I can imagine that people with 100's of BTC from the early days want to diversify, which drove things for a while.  but there has to be a limit doesn't there ??

It is noticeable that H20 has been carrying 200 BTC of uselessness for ages on middlecoin - so even his back door trades have dried up. We are lucky, we have an organised and transparent OP, but the guy can't create money out of nothing. If there is no demand not much we can do...

Or...Is it all down to thousands of gridseeds coming online ? The litecoin hashrate keeps going up and I can't believe it's all down to AMD selling loads of 290s..

So what do you think ? Is the current profitablity just a blip, or have the big coin switching pools simply forced us to accept what we all know. CrapCoins are crap Huh

You just wrote what has been on my mind for month... We are probably enjoying last days of sustainable multi pool profits. Curios to see how market re-shapes in the next few month.

XliptTit

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:38:49 PM

You just wrote what has been on my mind for month... We are probably enjoying last days of sustainable multi pool profits. Curios to see how market re-shapes in the next few month.

+1 and didnt even see the real asic miners coming in...
Blando

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

Leave dat servers immediately, they have massive reject problems. No solution in sight! I already left, you all should follow if mining is imporatant to you.

I'm with you, dude. I put my rejected amount as my main priority when mining. I'm like you, I don't care about payouts either. I like to make sure my cgminer outputs are perfect too. I've tried all the pools and as soon as there is a reject I leave the pool without hesitation or thought. I need to justify this hardware I bought ya know? I'm now just solo mining megacoin. It's the only way I don't get any rejects. I hear ya bro.
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:27:19 PM

All three of my rigs are doing this now as well. Different locations, different setups, all <6 months old. Probably started doing this maybe with in the last week.

Exactly same here. When I was mining in the US server all was well. This started happening about a week ago when the EU server opened. Never had these problems before when I was at the US server (now I have them here too).

Power is not an issue. I have a kill-a-watt and all is well. Also, I have the PCs (4 of them) on a 25 Amp circuit (220V) which can support up to 5500W (My rigs use around 2000 Watts).
jpchrist

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:47:04 PM

The reason the hash rate from LTC has jumped so quickly is not ASICs but rather the redirection of miners from other coins that are no longer perceived as profitable as mining LTC directly. With the sudden increase in difficulty miners will likely point their rigs back to other "crap coins" and things will balance out in the short term. The profits from this pool will be the higher today than in the last 4 or 5 days.  Make no mistake, this is due to the rising LTC difficulty.
shaba

Activity: 211
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:28:00 PM

Hi all Smiley
Why in this days profitability is always under 0.01 ?
http://poolpicker.eu/text.php
We have 0.00666300, 0.00821000 and so on..
It's for some days or can be for more and more days? Forever?? (noooo)
TIA  Cool
max246

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:36:30 PM

I have registered just to say... change payouts back to how it was previously.

I don't really see a reason why anyone might need that, except maybe perverse waiting for sudden beeps from your wallet on incoming transactions, because you never knew what time(s) of day your payouts would be sent.

If your profits are > 0.01/day then you just have one payout per day and 24h interval between payouts doesn't matter much - you still have your profits on a regular basis.

If your profits are < 0.01/day then it really didn't change much for you. Before, you might get your 0.01 BTC payout every ~36 hours. Now you will get ~0.013 BTC payout every 48 hours.

A very positive side-effect of this change is that payout transactions should be included in the blockchain (get confirmed) much quicker than before. Hourly transactions were usually spending Bitcoins which were last moved an hour before (were the change of previous payout) what combined with huge transaction size and minimal transaction fees gave them low priority. Some payouts were waiting even two hours to be confirmed. Now payouts are spending Bitcoins which were moved several hours ago, so their priority is several times higher. Bitcoin transaction priority depends on fee per 1 kB of transaction and age of inputs being used to build transaction.

I'm looking forward Bitcoin v0.9 which is supposed to lower minimal transaction fees from 0.0001 BTC to 0.00001 BTC per 1 kB. If the effective fee required to be included in blockchain by miners really will decrease into this level, we will switch to daily payouts for a minimum 0.001 BTC (not 0.01 BTC as it's today).

I agree with your decision! One payment per day is enough for everyone, why would you have multiply payments?  Are people so greedy to can't wait for 24 hours before getting your coins? We are not in MtGox... coins are coming on your wallet at the end of the day...

Stop complaining, Terk is doing a great work and what he needs to read is "Thanks man! Well done!"
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: