Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
_Crash_

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

EmileMarks, thanks for sharing the CSS for the Web-Stats! Feels good to look at something nicer Smiley

MiningSpace.net - MULTI-COIN / MULTI-POOL :: Miners Paid TX Fees! :: Europe :: Most Profitable Pool! :: Gigabit Connectivity :: 0% Fee!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Planethill

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:04:23 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:55:26 PM by Planethill

No.  Please try to follow along.  I will type slow.

Quote from: Slipknot79
95% of the world aint interesting.

What is or isn't interesting to you means nothing.  It's the truth.  95% (probably more like 99%+ but I am being generous) of the world knows nothing about crypto-currency today.  And they WILL want in when it mainstreams.

Its the gamers who will buy 280X for 100$ each, and they are more than 5%.

$100?  You said "worthless" before.  Change your mind?   Besides, this doesnt even make sense.  They are 5% of what?  Please read above.  You are guessing that these cards will only be worth $100 someday because you assume only gamers will want them  You are wrong.

Youre right, thats not the whole truth. I forgot the incuming pricedrops of AMD, but they aint necessairy, the pressure on ebay will be strong enough without AMDs "help".

Why is it that your entire argument is based on "incoming drops" and "in two weeks"?  Ah yes.  Because you are guessing and throwing FUD.

lol, then go an buy one if your are confident of what you are writing. Only then youre convincing. And take zneww with ya, he needs help (quoting some posts and writing "+1"-shit means, he aint able to fend for himself)

(Sigh)  Señor Knot.  Please try to keep up.  I am talking about USB Block Erupters that will only mine dust.  YET, people are still selling them used on eBay for $60.  Do you even know what they are?

And getting them 3 months later?

Wow.  Are you always this slow?  No.  Like these today.   They still have value to someone.  Which is my entire point.  GPU's will not be "worthless in two weeks" as you originally claimed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151209947794?lpid=82

Wrong. AMD doesnt develop GPUs for mining-purposes coz there are incuming more energy-efficient ASICs . How to beat 25MH@350W with Tahiti "v2.0"? No chance.

LOL.  Let me get this straight.  AMD, one of the largest chip & board manufactures in the world is afraid of competing "coz" of small ASIC specialty shops?   Right.  This is like saying Mercedes is afraid of Tesla because they don't know how to make electric cars.  It's all about the market and believe me, AMD is perfectly capable of making a single function ASIC chip. (Just as Mercedes could make electric cars if they chose).  

Again, THE POINT is that the market isn't big enough to warrant mass produced, purpose built cards.   Today.

GPU-scrypt mining will die as SHA-256 GPU mining did.

Oh they will die.  In 26+/- years.  Until then they just get more difficult and the rewards get smaller.  What you are missing young Mr. Knot, is that the price of BTC will increase dramatically in the next decade.  You are only looking at today.  You think "Mining is dead because it costs more in electricity than what I am getting at $600 a BTC".  Would you keep mining if it was $6000 a coin?  Because it will be, eventually.  Again.  You are looking at today.  I am looking at ten+ years from now long after you have spent your mined coins on candy & beer.  

You should go into politics, policians dont learn from history as you do and they are far from reality as you are. You would do your job as politician very well.

And you should stay in school.  And take an English class.
Bawb3

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:37:24 PM

My thoughts exactly... Grin

I'm only mining for profit currently to pay for my initial investment costs, after I break even... You can bet I will be banking coins, and only selling when the need arises.
The only long term problem I see is replacing burnt up cards, and power supplies (barring some unforeseeable catastrophe in cryptocurrencies in general.).

The demand for GPUs isn't going anywhere, at least not within a year or so I would guess.

I'm hoping to be able to mine with nvidia cards once the 800 series launches with maxwell. If that ends up being the case, AMD cards will likely drop back to normal pricing, but they aren't going to be worthless lol. I have 2 GTX 560 ti cards that are still worth 50% of what I paid for them, and they're almost 3 years old.
Xenocyde

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:14:57 PM

Hmmm, I decided to switch to SGMiner today. When I was using CGMiner, I was getting 0.5 - 3% rejects (CGWacther saying I had around 2% overall). Now the website is not reporting any rejects anymore, although immediately after I switched to SGMiner i got more than 20% as reported by CGWatcher. Now the reject percent is slowly decreasing (prolly gonna go down to 2% after a few days), but I wonder why the web interface won't show my rejects anymore.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cuesta

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

on the "GPU will never die" thread...

...I get LTC diff going up and up, more gpus for sure, maybe racks of gridseeds coming online too. Either way I don't see it going down much anymore, and profitability is getting really squeezed..

...then the non-scrypt coins should be getting hash, and diff going up, price going up. long term value etc. But take VTC, it's tanking like everything else EXCEPT LTC and BTC.

My hunch is actually that it isn't the miners that drive the price of LTC and BTC anymore (note new chinese LTC exchange..) and the link to difficulty has largely been removed, because now people, non-miners, actually buy the stuff. It is remarkable how solid the BTC price has been through the recent catastophes and continual diff increases. LTC is seen as early BTC by outsiders now, and the diff hikes are due to asics. The two things are NOT linked..

My point is no-one actually cares how "good" coin is, ie algorithm, confirms etc, the market decides. The crapcoins will die (switching pools thankfully have maimed them) and we will be left with a few coins everybody has heard of and form the future.

So I think GPUs are dying for mining, mainly because things like VTC are just regarded as another crap coin, which is unfair to the coin from a mining point of view, and asics are here from scrypt and sha256.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:33:16 PM

Sell your GPUs now, in 1-2 weeks they will become more worthless as they are now.

They can always be sold for their original, intended purpose.  As gamer video cards.  

Like the other 10000 280X on egay for 100$ each card? Sure.

There are no 280x's on eBay for $100.  So, you are just trying to predict the future.  Poorly.

After all that's what people said about block miners too.  SELL!  Worthless in weeks!  Yet they still sell TODAY for more than half what they cost.  
95% of the world knows nothing of crypto-currency.  When they do, they will want in.  Just like the people buying blockminers today.

Besides you are assuming that the majority of GPU's sold are for miners and when the difficulty rises there will be some glut of cards and drive the price down.  Simply not true.  If miners bought the majority of cards we would we would see purpose built, dedicated ASI mining cards marketed to miners.  Yet, we don't.  Everything ad and card is about gaming.  Know why?  Not a big enough market or they would exist.  Truth.

You sell all your gear and go away. Get out now and break even or with a small profit.  I'll keep mining, save my coins for the inevitable price rise and retire.

Thanks for playing.

lol, then go an buy one if your are confident of what you are writing. Only then youre convincing. And take zneww with ya, he needs help (quoting some posts and writing "+1"-shit means, he aint able to fend for himself)

+1 for Slipknot79 getting rammed by Planethill. Fucking troll.
Planethill

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

It is remarkable how solid the BTC price has been through the recent catastophes and continual diff increases.

Agree, its amazing.  I have a co-worker who loves to email me every time Bitcoin is in the news.  "It's crashing!"  "The bubble has burst!"  "Tulips!"  etc.  Grin   But it just keeps bouncing back.  

After all the Gox & theft hoo-hah dies down, I believe we will see it start creeping back up.  We are here in our little bubble and tend to forget about the rest of the planet.  When legit exchanges finally get established in other countries, it will go nuts.  Western Union will be the first to scream for a ban, if they aren't already.  If they were smart, they'd get in and use it.  They already have everything they need to be an exchange.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:48:40 PM

It is remarkable how solid the BTC price has been through the recent catastophes and continual diff increases.

Agree, its amazing.  I have a co-worker who loves to email me every time Bitcoin is in the news.  "It's crashing!"  "The bubble has burst!"  "Tulips!"  etc.  Grin   But it just keeps bouncing back. 

After all the Gox & theft hoo-hah dies down, I believe we will see it start creeping back up.  We are here in our little bubble and tend to forget about the rest of the planet.  When legit exchanges finally get established in other countries, it will go nuts.  Western Union will be the first to scream for a ban, if they aren't already.  If they were smart, they'd get in and use it.  They already have everything they need to be an exchange.

If WU was smart they have been thinking about this, seeing as its a main way for some people to buy BTC. And I know they know that.
tyj8tim

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:50:23 PM

wooooo 127%
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:58:04 PM

wooooo 127%

Yeah, I noticed that too. Slightly better than the ghash.io deal.

Keep it coming CleverMining and I might switch back before the ghash.io promotion is over.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:14:53 PM

No.  Please try to follow along.  I will type slow.

95% of the world aint interesting.

What is or isn't interesting to you means nothing.  It's the truth.  95% (probably more like 99%+ but I am being generous) of the world knows nothing about crypto-currency today.  And they WILL want in when it mainstreams.

Its the gamers who will buy 280X for 100$ each, and they are more than 5%.

$100?  You said "worthless" before.  Change your mind?   Besides, this doesnt even make sense.  They are 5% of what?  Please read above.  You are guessing that these cards will only be worth $100 someday because you assume only gamers will want them  You are wrong.

Youre right, thats not the whole truth. I forgot the incuming pricedrops of AMD, but they aint necessairy, the pressure on ebay will be strong enough without AMDs "help".

Why is it that your entire argument is based on "incoming drops" and "in two weeks"?  Ah yes.  Because you are guessing and throwing FUD.

(Sigh)  Señor Knot.  Please try to keep up.  I am talking about USB Block Erupters that will only mine dust.  YET, people are still selling them used on eBay for $60.  Do you even know what they are?

And getting them 3 months later?

Wow.  Are you always this slow?  No.  Like these today.   They still have value to someone.  Which is my entire point.  GPU's will not be "worthless in two weeks" as you originally claimed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151209947794?lpid=82

Wrong. AMD doesnt develop GPUs for mining-purposes coz there are incuming more energy-efficient ASICs . How to beat 25MH@350W with Tahiti "v2.0"? No chance.

LOL.  Let me get this straight.  AMD, one of the largest chip & board manufactures in the world is afraid of competing "coz" of small ASIC specialty shops?   Right.  This is like saying Mercedes is afraid of Tesla because they don't know how to make electric cars.  It's all about the market and believe me, AMD is perfectly capable of making a single function ASIC chip. (Just as Mercedes could make electric cars if they chose).  

Again, THE POINT is that the market isn't big enough to warrant mass produced, purpose built cards.   Today.

GPU-scrypt mining will die as SHA-256 GPU mining did.

Oh they will die.  In 26+/- years.  Until then they just get more difficult and the rewards get smaller.  What you are missing young Mr. Knot, is that the price of BTC will increase dramatically in the next decade.  You are only looking at today.  You think "Mining is dead because it costs more in electricity than what I am getting at $600 a BTC".  Would you keep mining if it was $6000 a coin?  Because it will be, eventually.  Again.  You are looking at today.  I am looking at ten+ years from now long after you have spent your mined coins on candy & beer.  

You should go into politics, policians dont learn from history as you do and they are far from reality as you are. You would do your job as politician very well.

>$100?  You said "worthless" before.  Change your mind?

Nope. You didnt understand the context. Mining doesnt make sense anymore, it will become worthless soon. You sound like a naive student before he starts to study. "Oh i will earn lot of money" "Oh i will drive big cars with lots of horsepower" "Oh i will get some well shaped girls with big boobs" "O i will retire at the end of 2015 after selling my coins"... bullshit. Moving from 100$ to 1000$ is one thing, moving from 1000$ to 10000$ the other. Bitcoin has to grow up to 6000-7000$ to make mining profitable now, and these are verly low profits. Use predication calculators. Altcoins will share the same fate. Go and buy some coins, that makes more sense than mining. Instead of buying rigs 5000$ worth, buy BTC or any other currency and hold them. Be happy when BTC will reach 3000$.

>because you assume only gamers will want them

Who else? Your 80yo gran'ma'?

>I am talking about USB Block Erupters that will only mine dust.

Worthless too, use predication calculators.

>It's all about the market and believe me, AMD is perfectly capable of making a single function ASIC chip

Decisions, decisions and decisions. Microsoft missed the development of smartphones. Big companys cunt move as fast as you assume they can.

>And you should stay in school.  And take an English class.

Im not from UK or US, so i have the fuckin right to write as i do.

juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:15:59 PM

Are there still Sunday payouts for balances of >= .001 BTC?  Just wondering since I didn't seem to get one yesterday.  Thanks!

Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:27:37 PM

Are there still Sunday payouts for balances of >= .001 BTC?  Just wondering since I didn't seem to get one yesterday.  Thanks!

Yes, there are. If you expected it on Sun/Mon night, then remember that it's on Sunday at 01:35am, so it's Sat/Sun night. If you still think you should get one but didn't get, then please let me know your username and I'll check.

Xenocyde

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:58:39 PM by Xenocyde

Doge has forked and to kick things off they lowered difficulty to 790. Actually difficulty is all over the place now, changing in tens of blocks instead of hundreds like before fork. What happenes now if the multipool tries to mine it, knowing that they made some changes so that multipools can't mingle too much?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:53:24 PM

Yes, there are. If you expected it on Sun/Mon night, then remember that it's on Sunday at 01:35am, so it's Sat/Sun night. If you still think you should get one but didn't get, then please let me know your username and I'll check.

I'm in the same boat. I had a "Ready For Payout" balance of over 0.001 on Saturday and was expecting the payout sometime Sunday. But I also have less than a week of mining with you. Maybe the algorithm is at least a week and over 0.001 is paid out on Sunday?

Note that I'm planning on coming back to CleverMining when the promo from you-know-who is over anyway, so this is no big deal.

But if you're not aware of a general problem with the Sunday payout and you want to investigate, let me know and I'll PM you my user name.

phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:54:02 PM

Doge has forked and to kick things off they lowered difficulty to 790. Actually difficulty is all over the place now, changing in tens of blocks instead of hundreds like before fork. What happenes now if the multipool tries to mine it, knowing that they made some changes so that multipools can't mingle too much?

WOW. Just wow.  Difficulty changes every block now.  This was done as a direct result of multipools.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/207hfb/ann_dogecoin16_its_ready_all_you_need_to_know/

Wonder if it will work?  Has anyone noticed how much Clever is on doge since the fork?  Is it more or less?

Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:05:37 AM

I'm in the same boat. I had a "Ready For Payout" balance of over 0.001 on Saturday and was expecting the payout sometime Sunday. But I also have less than a week of mining with you. Maybe the algorithm is at least a week and over 0.001 is paid out on Sunday?

Note that I'm planning on coming back to CleverMining when the promo from you-know-who is over anyway, so this is no big deal.

But if you're not aware of a general problem with the Sunday payout and you want to investigate, let me know and I'll PM you my user name.

It seems really unlikely. 4287 users were paid their < 0.01 balances at March 16, 2014 1:35am - 1:37am (as an addition to a regular >= 0.01 payout to 2013 users five minutes earlier).

I already checked juanbond account and he simply didn't have 0.001 BTC on Sat/Sun night as his entire balance was paid out 24h before on a regular payout and he didn't accumulate 0.001 since then.

We had some higher than usual unexchanged balance over on Sat/Sun night and it is probably the reason why some of your balances were unexchanged, so not ready for payouts.

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:30:07 AM

It seems really unlikely. 4287 users were paid their < 0.01 balances at March 16, 2014 1:35am - 1:37am (as an addition to a regular >= 0.01 payout to 2013 users five minutes earlier).

I already checked juanbond account and he simply didn't have 0.001 BTC on Sat/Sun night as his entire balance was paid out 24h before on a regular payout and he didn't accumulate 0.001 since then.

We had some higher than usual unexchanged balance over on Sat/Sun night and it is probably the reason why some of your balances were unexchanged, so not ready for payouts.

I remember looking at my account numbers and there was still some play in the Immature and Unexchanged piles some time on Saturday. There's still a very small amount in Unexchanged. It's possible that I wasn't quite over the 0.001 at the exact payout moment.

I don't think this is work investigating in my case. It's not a lot of money (obviously) and like I said, I plan to come back.

Thanks anyway for your response. Keep up the good work, and profitability  Wink

riazg

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:36:25 AM

Could a higher reject rate be due to slower hashing cards can't solve and submit a share in time? My 450KHash gets like 15% reject. Can we enable variable diff or lower the difficulty over all? Even rigs with multiple cards, each card does it's own work units so it'll benefit them too.

Please?
Echoenigma

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:38:22 AM

Could a higher reject rate be due to slower hashing cards can't solve and submit a share in time? My 450KHash gets like 15% reject. Can we enable variable diff or lower the difficulty over all? Even rigs with multiple cards, each card does it's own work units so it'll benefit them too.

Please?

You should check your settings. My 470khash is getting ~1% rejects.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: