Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:03:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

Terk: Ignore the haters.  Don't let the irrational minority influence what you already know is best for the majority.  CleverMining didn't grow to 33GHs+ because of poor decision-making on your end.  Remember that.

Comeonalready:  You are a grade A hypocrite.  How do you know what the majority of miners want.  You say Terk should follow your suggestions as if you speak from a position of knowledge about "what the majority of miners want."  But you don't know "what the majority of miners want" because you aren't the majority.  You are one single sad complaining voice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
comeonalready

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:23:34 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 07:47:25 PM by comeonalready

Terk: Ignore the haters.  Don't let the irrational minority influence what you already know is best for the majority.  CleverMining didn't grow to 33GHs+ because of poor decision-making on your end.  Remember that.

Comeonalready:  You are a grade A hypocrite.  How do you know what the majority of miners want.  You say Terk should follow your suggestions as if you speak from a position of knowledge about "what the majority of miners want."  But you don't know "what the majority of miners want" because you aren't the majority.  You are one single sad complaining voice.

Yes, I am complaining that my own decisions as to where to mine codified into my miner configuration are being overridden because people like you choose not to make decisions for yourselves.  Granted I may not know what everyone wants, but neither do you, and neither does Terk.  And Terk has a vested interest in choosing to move miners to another of his servers, as only then can he earn a commission from them.  (I am not suggesting at this time that this was the primary reason for his decision, but one could easily argue that if they desired.)  It takes barely any effort to maintain a sticky host name in order to please both crowds.

And at the time of your post, clevermining pool hash rate was 12GH/s not 33GH/s+ as you suggested.  It grows to 33GH/s+ as a result of one very large miner who has shown that he will move his hashpower around as it best suits him.
PCMiner

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

Yes, I am complaining that my own decisions as to where to mine codified into my miner configuration are being overridden because people like you choose not to make decisions for yourselves.  Granted I may not know what everyone wants, but neither do you, and neither does Terk.  And Terk has a vested interest in choosing to move miners to another of his servers, as only then can he earn a commission from them.  (I am not suggesting at this time that this was the primary reason for his decision, but one could easily argue that if they desired.)  It takes barely any effort to maintain a sticky host name in order to please both crowds.

And at the time of your post, clevermining pool hash rate was 12GH/s not 33GH/s+ as you suggested.  It grows to 33GH/s+ as a result of one very large miner who has shown that he will move his hashpower around as it best suits him.

Based on your comments I'm not sure the Clevermining pool is going to offer the mining experience you are seeking.  Perhaps another pool will suit your needs better.
kirkyeehee

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:00:58 PM

I'm using a miner called GUIminer - V2012-12-03 and I was wondering if it would work for this setup? I've had it running for the full hour it takes for your stats to pop up, and it did show my wallet's info, but the last hour hashrate is showing up as 0.0kH/s.

GUIminer shows I''m going at a rate of 580 Mhash/s and my GPU is roaring loud as well so I know it's at least working hard at something, but the statistics just aren't showing up on clever mining when I search the wallet I am using. As I mentioned before, it's like it sees nothing happening at all.

As you may have guessed I am new at this stuff so I am still learning. I've tried some of the other miners like bfgminer and cgminer, but they are a bit over my head at the moment. I never hear them make my GPU rev up when I put the info in for here so I assume I am doing something very wrong.

Also, I read about the DDOS attack. I hope whoever did it gets caught. No need of people trying to ruin a good thing for others or making unnecessary work for others...

I'll check back in on this in a bit. I have some things to take care of right now. I hope someone will be able to help me out here. Smiley
comeonalready

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:05:45 PM

Based on your comments I'm not sure the Clevermining pool is going to offer the mining experience you are seeking.  Perhaps another pool will suit your needs better.

Are you suggesting that clevermining is not the pool for me because it is a pool reserved for simpletons?  Are you basing this on your own experiences?

The reason I am here is that Terk has shown himself to be intelligent and capable, and he is the one to whom I am directing my complaints, not you.  When the day comes that I am mining on your pool, then I will ask for your suggestions.
comeonalready

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:08:20 PM

I'm using a miner called GUIminer - V2012-12-03 and I was wondering if it would work for this setup? I've had it running for the full hour it takes for your stats to pop up, and it did show my wallet's info, but the last hour hashrate is showing up as 0.0kH/s.

GUIminer shows I''m going at a rate of 580 Mhash/s and my GPU is roaring loud as well so I know it's at least working hard at something, but the statistics just aren't showing up on clever mining when I search the wallet I am using. As I mentioned before, it's like it sees nothing happening at all.

As you may have guessed I am new at this stuff so I am still learning. I've tried some of the other miners like bfgminer and cgminer, but they are a bit over my head at the moment. I never hear them make my GPU rev up when I put the info in for here so I assume I am doing something very wrong.

Also, I read about the DDOS attack. I hope whoever did it gets caught. No need of people trying to ruin a good thing for others or making unnecessary work for others...

I'll check back in on this in a bit. I have some things to take care of right now. I hope someone will be able to help me out here. Smiley

If it is reporting 580MH/s and not 580KH/s, then it's working hard on the wrong algorithm.  If there is an option for scrypt mining, then set it.  If you can't find it, someone else here will probably be able to tell you where it is (if it's there at all), as I have not used that software myself.
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:47:25 PM

Fine, later on then, but when does the dust ever settle around here?!  In the meantime I offer this suggestion.  General region based host names that average miners would typically use could redirect in the case of server outages (eu, us, na-north america if including canada I suppose, whatever)  More specific city, state, or country server host names stick to their respective servers (ny, sf, nl, montreal, etc.)  Just post the expected behavior for each host name on the web page server list.

My primary goal here is uninterrupted service and simplicity of use. Default behaviour needs to be as simple and requiring as little user configuration as possible, so I probably won't be changing it. Having region names (eu, us, etc) switching in case of server outages but server names (ny, sf) not switching will make it confusing for users who don't read detailed instructions, FAQs or hundred-page threads (basically most of users). I'm going to stick with consistency here and switch subdomain names as necessary.

Or give us alternate sticky server location host names if that's preferable to you.  It's obviously a bad practice for us to hard code ip addresses into our configurations as in light of ddos attacks they might need to be changed with little notice, but there is a comfortable middle ground somewhere to allow informed miners the ability to choose their own destiny during server outages, while simultaneously moving the rest of the herd over to a functional clevermining server.

This is something I could do and more informed users who'd like to have more control and can spend more time setting up failover plans could use it. I can provide alternate region names which won't be switched to another regions in case of outage (e.g.eu-fixed, na-fixed). I'm not sure though if there will be many people using it besides you.

Terk (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

We've been up and running stable again for couple hours now. Two servers are available at the moment: Europe and North America (Montreal). I will work on bringing other servers back up soon.

PCMiner

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:55:43 PM

Are you suggesting that clevermining is not the pool for me because it is a pool reserved for simpletons?  Are you basing this on your own experiences?

The reason I am here is that Terk has shown himself to be intelligent and capable, and he is the one to whom I am directing my complaints, not you.  When the day comes that I am mining on your pool, then I will ask for your suggestions.

You call Terk intelligent and capable, yet your previous posts basically called him a dumbass for setting up the pool the way it's setup.  (i.e. not to your liking).    I think another pool might suit you better, as clearly this one isn't going to be modified to your preference.  There are plenty of other options out there for you to try.  I suggest you sample them.
comeonalready

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:09:18 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:06:53 PM by comeonalready

You call Terk intelligent and capable, yet your previous posts basically called him a dumbass for setting up the pool the way it's setup.  (i.e. not to your liking).    I think another pool might suit you better, as clearly this one isn't going to be modified to your preference.  There are plenty of other options out there for you to try.  I suggest you sample them.

Are you making a decree that the pool won't be improved if Terk receives easily actionable suggestions for such and were to agree with them?  Who the hell are you to say that?  Is it your pool or his?
kirkyeehee

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:14:31 PM

sorry if this is a repost, but i was just able to connect using GUIMINER.

make sure you set it up as a new cgminer, and use your btc as the username.

i was getting ~420 kh/s with my r9 270x with i-18

EDIT: make sure you downloaded GUIMINER -scrypt alpha

Thanks a lot. You were a great help. It's all set up now. I didn't understand half of what you said, but I stumbled my way through it. It's showing I am getting around 525-535 kh/s with my R9 280x (I assumed "btc" was my wallet ID, so that's what I placed there for my username)
comeonalready

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:28:27 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:09:03 PM by comeonalready

Fine, later on then, but when does the dust ever settle around here?!  In the meantime I offer this suggestion.  General region based host names that average miners would typically use could redirect in the case of server outages (eu, us, na-north america if including canada I suppose, whatever)  More specific city, state, or country server host names stick to their respective servers (ny, sf, nl, montreal, etc.)  Just post the expected behavior for each host name on the web page server list.

My primary goal here is uninterrupted service and simplicity of use. Default behaviour needs to be as simple and requiring as little user configuration as possible, so I probably won't be changing it. Having region names (eu, us, etc) switching in case of server outages but server names (ny, sf) not switching will make it confusing for users who don't read detailed instructions, FAQs or hundred-page threads (basically most of users). I'm going to stick with consistency here and switch subdomain names as necessary.

Or give us alternate sticky server location host names if that's preferable to you.  It's obviously a bad practice for us to hard code ip addresses into our configurations as in light of ddos attacks they might need to be changed with little notice, but there is a comfortable middle ground somewhere to allow informed miners the ability to choose their own destiny during server outages, while simultaneously moving the rest of the herd over to a functional clevermining server.

This is something I could do and more informed users who'd like to have more control and can spend more time setting up failover plans could use it. I can provide alternate region names which won't be switched to another regions in case of outage (e.g.eu-fixed, na-fixed). I'm not sure though if there will be many people using it besides you.

That second option works just as well, and as long as there is some host name that does not move around, then that would be great.

And I would not underestimate your miners, Terk.  Some of the ones who understand what is going on are likely to have greater hashpower at their disposal, and are probably tweaking for maximum efficiency, including pool server failover priorities, as they have made larger investments.  And as many people are more polite than I sometimes choose to be, they might just be glad that I am asking, so they don't have to.

In my opinion, the perfect multicoin pool would only capture a miner's hashpower for as long as it believes it can be more profitable than baseline estimated earnings (in this case litecoin), and allow miners to automatically fail over elsewhere else after not finding any profitable opportunities for 5-10 minutes or so, but I understand that it is more profitable for a pool operator not to that, and how you might take a different position on this.  It is your pool so of course you can do whatever you want to, but sticky locality based server host names does not sound like much to ask for, as additional unexpected latency can affect miner efficiency.
Terk (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:08:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 11:30:03 PM by Terk

US West / San Francisco server is also back up.

San Francisco/US West server is down again.

Montreal/Canada is handling all US traffic and is doing it very well giving miners from all North America very low rejected ratio (1.5% average).

kirkyeehee

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:42:21 PM

Montreal/Canada is handling all US traffic and is doing it very well giving miners from all North America very low rejected ratio (1.5% average).

I wish I was having just 1.5% rejection rate. In the past couple hours of mining, my rejects outweigh my accepted around 2 to 1.
Frankthechicken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:13:20 AM

Hope the server in Montreal sticks around.  That's been the best one for me yet.
kirkyeehee

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:18:48 AM

Hope the server in Montreal sticks around.  That's been the best one for me yet.

I thought it would be good for me as well. Especially where I am so close to it. It's located in Monteral, and I am just 1 Provence over in New Brunswick lol. I was having much better luck with the west US server for the little while it was up.
kirkyeehee

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:03:35 AM

I wish I was having just 1.5% rejection rate. In the past couple hours of mining, my rejects outweigh my accepted around 2 to 1.

try turning down the intensity a little, see if it improves.  I started mine around the same time i sent that reply to you, and with GUIMINER running at an intensity level of 16, im at 175 accepted and 45 rejects (over 4 hours).

what does the website report your rejects at?

If I turn it down more, will that not lower the kh/s limit as well? Well I guess anyway it wouldn't matter if I got more stable shares at a slower rate. I left it to the defualt settings for the R9 280x. Which is 13. The rate seems to be evening out a little better now. I'm at31 accepted, 51 invalid. (took a little time out to use my PC for it's initial purpose of playing games lol. Mining has really cut into my ACIV time)
Terk (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:28:48 AM

Are you checking top line stats in cgminer/sgminer or individual GPU stats? The top line contains a known error as some miner software has issues with some of our pool responses and counts normal responses as rejects - but they aren't really rejects so it doesn't associate it to any GPU. Top line can show inflated rejects this way and per-GPU stats are what you want to check.

kirkyeehee

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:39:37 AM

Are you checking top line stats in cgminer/sgminer or individual GPU stats? The top line contains a known error as some miner software has issues with some of our pool responses and counts normal responses as rejects - but they aren't really rejects so it doesn't associate it to any GPU. Top line can show inflated rejects this way and per-GPU stats are what you want to check.

I don't understand about 70% of what you said, but I did figure out my exact problem. I have this card overclocked more than it's pre defined overclock and I forgot to set it back to default. Once I set my GPU back to it's default settings, I've hardly had a reject since. My accepts have almost caught up to the rejects now. I guess the card putting out tjust that much more power was messing things up for me. The best part of it all is that putting it back to default seems to have givin me a little boost in kh/s as well. I was getting around 525 like I mentioned earlier. Now it's sticking at a solid 572. Hardly goes up or down from there.

Now I know what things need to be at (including my GPU not being overclocked a little more than it is out of the box) will give me the best results. I'm really happy I found this pool. Everyone is very helpful here from what I've seen so far. Thanks for the help everyone! Happy mining! (for now, I go to sleep.)
Operator.concept

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:38:31 AM

Hi,

I'm new to the whole mining scene but I'm already addicted.

I heard about Clever Mining from a friend of mine who recommended it because it was well run.

So I've been running a few tests over the last couple of days.

Unfortunately I seem to be getting a really heavy rejection rate - On two other pools over the last two weeks I've been getting around 0.3%, on Clever Mining its from 30-50%.

From what I've read in this thread, that could be due to the settings I have my machine on.

Would someone mind having a look at my settings and suggesting a few optimisations to reduce my rejection rate (or any optimisations in general, as I said, I'm still new)?

GPU

Asus 290x Direct CUII

Core Underclocked to 880
Memory Standard clock at 1250

running CGMiner with these settings

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.clevermining.com:3333 -u xxx -p  --thread-concurrency 27400 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 880 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 512 -I 18 -g 1

I get a solid 730Kh/s (which I know isn't amazing for my card anyway) at 71'c.

Cheers,

OC
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: