Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:42:19 PM

Does the wallet give you any estimate on when it will mint?

How many confirmations does the oldest transaction have?

I dont know how old - very very old - I can't even browse it because the wallet is taking so much resources it's impossible. It minted one hour ago but nothing since. I'm supposed to be minting every 4 seconds.

The CEO is saying keep on minting. Mining what 1/1000 as a cent? It won't even pay for itself.

When I look back on all of your negative posts on this coin in this thread...  Roll Eyes

PLEASE... just sell your mint already.

All my negative posts stem from the way all this is going. The mobile wallet was meant to be release long time ago IN AUGUST IT WAS MEANT TO BETA TESTED. No news since. God damn FRENCH FUND was meant to take one month in AUGUST. It is NOVEMBER FOR GOD SAKE. No news since. It's just your bad communication. They were the main SELLING POINTS of MINT.
Since then there have been tens of POS coins with more advantages over mint. Now where are we standing with this?
Just to tell you I bought this coin at 40 satoshi. It is clear that it will never reach it again e.g. average volume 150 dollars.

So, you're going to hang on to your coins, just so you have something to complain about here? Because I really think you could probably get rid of them by selling to someone(s) here. Cut your losses and move on. If I felt the way you obviously do, I'd sure as heck get out while there was any value left. If things work out the way you seem to expect, you'll be left with nothing. You don't want that, so please do us all a huge favor, and get what you can before you "lose everything".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:24:44 AM

$150 avg volume is not bad at this market cap. All things concidered mint coins volume to market cap ratio is fairly comparable to bitcoins ratio. Also keeping in mind, we are at less than 1/3 of the coin cap still and coins can mint new coins so in reality, take the volume of mint coin x 3 and that is the real volume as the real volume as it relates to the coin cap. Since there is no more pow mining to reach the coin cap your coins have the potential to triple if you go hard into minting for the long run.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
litemaster

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:08:31 PM

All of a sudden I'm missing like 1.4M mint. I haven't sent any mint for months
This is crazzzaaayyyyy!!!

Anybody else have strange issues?

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

If you provide more details then perhaps someone here can help.
litemaster

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:47:34 AM

This is my wallet on 11-07-2014 (18.5M)

This is my wallet on 11-19-2014 (17.1M)

Yesterday I still had 18.5M in my wallet and now I have 17.1M in my wallet. I didn't make any transfers whatsoever.

Blockchain has been downloaded for a while and I have connections to the network.

What's Up? Any help would be appreciated.

DougB62

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:12:38 AM

Yesterday I still had 18.5M in my wallet and now I have 17.1M in my wallet. I didn't make any transfers whatsoever.

Blockchain has been downloaded for a while and I have connections to the network.

backup wallet.dat, then:

Try launching the wallet with "-rescan" option

Try "checkwallet" then "repairwallet" in the and if necessary "salvagewallet" in the console.

Hopefully the rescan will fix it... but you can try the others if it doesn't.

(Edit - if these don't work, unfortunately the next step would be to delete the blockchain, and resync. Unless someone else has some other ideas?)
litemaster

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:44:21 AM

backup wallet.dat, then:

Try launching the wallet with "-rescan" option

Try "checkwallet" then "repairwallet" in the and if necessary "salvagewallet" in the console.

Hopefully the rescan will fix it... but you can try the others if it doesn't.

(Edit - if these don't work, unfortunately the next step would be to delete the blockchain, and resync. Unless someone else has some other ideas?)

Thanks, I'm downloading blockchain again as we speak.

DougB62

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:12:13 AM

Thanks, I'm downloading blockchain again as we speak.

Well - that sucks. But good luck, and keep us informed!  Smiley
jordixal

Activity: 221

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

OK, it didn't go as expected for me either. Exactly the same problem, wallet seems to be in the process of staking but is, even after syncing the blockchain, still completely unresponsive.

Are we the only ones having this problem or are there more people with frozen/unresponsive wallets?

@kakadu: Anything you changed on your pc or wallet that might have caused this or also completely random?

EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?
I'm having the same issue, after a shutdown crash while mintcoin wallet open, after switching pc again, mintcoin wallet became unresponsive. Any help will be grateful.

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

OK, it didn't go as expected for me either. Exactly the same problem, wallet seems to be in the process of staking but is, even after syncing the blockchain, still completely unresponsive.

Are we the only ones having this problem or are there more people with frozen/unresponsive wallets?

@kakadu: Anything you changed on your pc or wallet that might have caused this or also completely random?

EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?
I'm having the same issue, after a shutdown crash while mintcoin wallet open, after switching pc again, mintcoin wallet became unresponsive. Any help will be grateful.

Define "unresponsive".
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:33:33 PM

Sometimes the GUI lags or says not responding, but it still is running. Ive seen that happen also after trying to restart after an unexpected shutdown. One way to check is, first, give it ample time to load, once the wallet is loaded, if it goes unresponsive Go check in your appdata > roaming >mintcoin folder. Look at the blockchain and see if the file is getting bigger every few seconds or so. Sometimes after and unexpeceted shutdown, you have blocks to catch up, and when it is syncing it will go unresponsive in the GUI, but it is really still working.... Just wait it out, once the blockchain file is downloaded/synced again the wallet should become active again.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
jordixal

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:45:52 PM

Define "unresponsive".
The wallet window has some blank squares, keeps saying out of sync and if I try to close the wallet all become blank like when a windows app is not responding.

jordixal

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

Sometimes the GUI lags or says not responding, but it still is running. Ive seen that happen also after trying to restart after an unexpected shutdown. One way to check is, first, give it ample time to load, once the wallet is loaded, if it goes unresponsive Go check in your appdata > roaming >mintcoin folder. Look at the blockchain and see if the file is getting bigger every few seconds or so. Sometimes after and unexpeceted shutdown, you have blocks to catch up, and when it is syncing it will go unresponsive in the GUI, but it is really still working.... Just wait it out, once the blockchain file is downloaded/synced again the wallet should become active again.
The blk0001.dat is getting bigger, however wallet has been open 4 hours and still unresponsive. I don't know whats happening, the problem started this afternoon after an unexpected shutdown on a Windows 7 64 bit system, 1.12 wallet version. Thanks for your help.

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:50:48 PM

The blk0001.dat is getting bigger, however wallet has been open 4 hours and still unresponsive. I don't know whats happening, the problem started this afternoon after an unexpected shutdown on a Windows 7 64 bit system, 1.12 wallet version. Thanks for your help.

If the blockchain data is getting bigger locally then it's a good thing.  Be patient and wait for the whole blockchain to download.  After this is done your wallet should be more responsive.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:23:41 AM

If the blockchain data is getting bigger locally then it's a good thing.  Be patient and wait for the whole blockchain to download.  After this is done your wallet should be more responsive.
Yeah, how long was your wallet "offline" for after the unexpected shutdown? Was it down for several days? I'd say let it run overnight, and see if it becomes responsive by the morning.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
jordixal

Bitcoin lover

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:19:08 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 11:10:29 AM by jordixal

Yeah, how long was your wallet "offline" for after the unexpected shutdown? Was it down for several days? I'd say let it run overnight, and see if it becomes responsive by the morning.

No, was offline only 1 hour, the wallet has been open 10 hours since then and the problem stills. I tried to remove all appdata\mintcoin directory creating a fresh wallet and also client became unresponsive. I'm starting to think that's something related with mintcoin qt-client and some Windows Files since the problem appeared after an unexpected shutdown when the client was minting. I have another wallets running on the same machine and no problems.Thanks for your help. See in the picture below that no block source bar appears in the client.

Ofan

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:53:54 AM

That's the exact problem I had on my other rig when i tried to install the wallet, fortunately the one holding my Mint is fine on a different pc.

I just cannot get the wallet to work at all, I left it in that state for several days, downloaded the chain and used the bootstrap and it just won't have it. Guess I'm only using Mint on one rig lol.

It's weird, as the rig that hold my mint -as of the last few months- gets turned on only every month or so (for reasons far too silly to go into) yet it updates within an hour or so, but on the other rig when I use a chain thats only a few days behind it leave it running for days it remains locked up.

Im sure the error is with the user, but I just cannot figure it out.

Question: Could I copy the chain files from the wallet that works when it is up to date into the other wallet to see what happens, would that work? Then that way I could eliminate the chain updating as the issue and try and identify where I have fluffed it maybe
DougB62

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

Question: Could I copy the chain files from the wallet that works when it is up to date into the other wallet to see what happens, would that work? Then that way I could eliminate the chain updating as the issue and try and identify where I have fluffed it maybe

I tried that a couple of times to speed up sync when installing a wallet to my laptop - I couldn't get it to work. Can't remember the exact error - but it was unsuccessful.

Ofan

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:21:02 PM

Dammit!

Thanks for the reply anyhow Smiley
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:36:31 PM

Try searching for a post from kiklo. He published a working download of the blockchain. I tried his method and it worked. It only takes 15 minutes.

Edit: FOUND IT

Made a Download of the Mintcoin BlockChain on 10-28-2014 (install will be only a few minutes)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax7xnlo0rhghuim/Mintcoin-BlockChain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Mintcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Mintcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Mintcoin

Then open Mintcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the 10-28-2014 instead of the start.

Will be as quick as the download & copy are complete.

@Mintcoin Team feel free to take the file for your downloads to help out new users on the new wallet.

Cool

http://www.mediafire.com/download/11jh0d41j4fe33d/Mintcoin-BlockChain.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!LVpwySwT!uGC2w3Ca1DDxDPBySz-vl12wanxWzn5N4P0XO5QRW3c

Pages: « 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 [840] 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: