Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:39:29 PM

I wouldn't totally abandon Cryptsy, its a good market, and hey, they actually fixed it, which is more than they have done for other coins. That said, It is a bad idea to only use one exchange. All 3rd party locations are a risk, so it is good to diversify a bit. I use cryptsty, poloniex and bter.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
immeraba

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:53:49 PM

Still waiting for Cryptsy to fix their wallet -_-

There is what, probably 500,000,000 coins trapped there right now.

That is probably, why you see such strange price action. ..the coin is wanting to rise, but is being held back. Price is very cheap on Cryptsy but those coins are basically worthless at the moment, so coins on other exchanges are going for more, but they don't want to disconnect too much from Cryptsy ... So the market is officially confused.  Roll Eyes

Yeap, you couldnt have said it better! I dont really want to buy at cryptsy because knowing them the wallet may be in maintance for another month, but when it opens you can get lots of cheap coins there!
I will sure keep an eye for that.

THanks both for the info

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:58:29 PM

I wouldn't totally abandon Cryptsy, its a good market, and hey, they actually fixed it, which is more than they have done for other coins. That said, It is a bad idea to only use one exchange. All 3rd party locations are a risk, so it is good to diversify a bit. I use cryptsty, poloniex and bter.
yeah, you're right using of multiple exchange is a good idea. unfortunately if any one of the exchange site gets hacked, funds in other exchange site will be safe.
Argon18

Activity: 442

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:16:40 PM

We are looking for someone to assist us in continually improving. The list above is a current wish list. One item a month and assistance with troubleshooting would be our actual goals with the current bounty.

I am fully aware of the real value of a programmer and the true usd costs. Mintcoin is a community coin and the only thing I have to offer is my expertise & a small stash of coins I have been steadily collecting. This position requires someone like myself who is passionate about crypto currency and willing to spend a little time here and there to help us continually grow and develop the backbones of the community.

We are also counting on the development teams talents combined with new partnerships and business developments will allow for the programmers pay to grow with the quality of the teams combined work. 10 Million mintcoins per month could easily triple in value with the right developer (for custom stuff a little work every month until it is complete)

Then you might want the community to help pay for the new dev.
LOL, so you are sayin roboguy was the wrong developer since the price did not triple.
He put in a lot of long hours for you.

Seriously, only way a dev will take over a coin without receiving the pay they deserve, is if they are in charge of the coin's design. Are you going to work under the new dev, and take instructions from them and you might get someone, if you persist at being the lead (boss) then and treat a dev like your personal employee, then be prepared to pay for it. Course you could always learn programming and take care of it yourself.

Just Sayin.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:01:42 PM

We are looking for someone to assist us in continually improving. The list above is a current wish list. One item a month and assistance with troubleshooting would be our actual goals with the current bounty.

I am fully aware of the real value of a programmer and the true usd costs. Mintcoin is a community coin and the only thing I have to offer is my expertise & a small stash of coins I have been steadily collecting. This position requires someone like myself who is passionate about crypto currency and willing to spend a little time here and there to help us continually grow and develop the backbones of the community.

We are also counting on the development teams talents combined with new partnerships and business developments will allow for the programmers pay to grow with the quality of the teams combined work. 10 Million mintcoins per month could easily triple in value with the right developer (for custom stuff a little work every month until it is complete)

LOL, so you are sayin roboguy was the wrong developer since the price did not triple.

Seriously, only way a dev will take over a coin without receiving the pay they deserve, is if they are in charge of the coin's design. Are you going to work under the new dev, and take instructions from them and you might get someone, if you persist at being the lead (boss) then and treat a dev like your personal employee, then be prepared to pay for it. Course you could always learn programming and take care of it yourself.

Just Sayin.

I think you have the wrong impression here.  We have a very open working community with multiple volunteers helping where they can.  During hangout discussions with Robo we chatted about features and what was practical to implement from his end.  All development ideas are open to discussion but the dev usually sets the bar for what is practical and reasonable.
Also, some of us are actually trying to learn more about wallet development.  If you have any noteworthy resources please share.  Smiley
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:47:27 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 08:57:32 PM by cryptomommy

Just Sayin.

I think you have the wrong impression here.  We have a very open working community with multiple volunteers helping where they can.  During hangout discussions with Robo we chatted about features and what was practical to implement from his end.  All development ideas are open to discussion but the dev usually sets the bar for what is practical and reasonable.
Also, some of us are actually trying to learn more about wallet development.  If you have any noteworthy resources please share.  Smiley

I am terribly sorry if at anytime I suggested RoboGuy is not 100% awesome. His dedication combined with the teams support that brought us out of the pre-mine / mintpal dump last year. We are an extremely open team that works hard together to do our best to assist in supporting the community. I know that one of the primary reasons RoboGuy dedicated his time to Mintcoin was because he believed in the transparency we are trying to accomplish in organizational financing. I have offered him the funds; however he is extremely busy in real life ventures.

I am nothing more then a collaborator to the team. My leadership purely resides in tasks such as recruiting, collaboration and project management. Not because I am by any means a person that requires to "be boss". I am a mere tool that sorts through the mintcoin community feedback and delivers the information in actionable chunks for the developer to choose which he / she would like to implement. I check in to see statuses or projects, donate and assist in any type of development which I am capable of doing. I manage the network with business best practices and have all assets in a manor which all entities actually belong to the community.

I filter out basic troubleshooting and customer service and make sure to present any pressing issues to the developer as well as handle the communication back to the community member.

BY NO MEANS DO I HAVE FINAL SAY ON ANYTHING.

I will make decisions based on a need to move forward but have never faulted on stepping back for further analysis if needed.

My work is 100% voluntary and I have no hidden agenda other than assisting in building a community I love.

I also have an address in my signature where 100% of all contributions goes towards tipping our regular contributors and participants within our trello group.

Any donations to that address is evenly distributed across the entire mintcoin development team and I encourage developers to offer themselves a tipping url within the about us section of the wallet. The 10 Million bounty is an additional bonus that I am contributing towards the cause to help bring in someone who will be able to pay a few bills while helping the community in development.

I wish I had the funds to do that for all of our development team. We have some pretty amazing people.
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:05:01 PM

Doing a great job. Keep it up!  Smiley

hcf27

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:22:01 PM

Just Sayin.

I am terribly sorry if at anytime I suggested RoboGuy is not 100% awesome. His dedication combined with the teams support that brought us out of the pre-mine / mintpal dump last year. We are an extremely open team that works hard together to do our best to assist in supporting the community. I know that one of the primary reasons RoboGuy dedicated his time to Mintcoin was because he believed in the transparency we are trying to accomplish in organizational financing. I have offered him the funds; however he is extremely busy in real life ventures.

I am nothing more then a collaborator to the team. My leadership purely resides in tasks such as recruiting, collaboration and project management. Not because I am by any means a person that requires to "be boss". I am a mere tool that sorts through the mintcoin community feedback and delivers the information in actionable chunks for the developer to choose which he / she would like to implement. I check in to see statuses or projects, donate and assist in any type of development which I am capable of doing. I manage the network with business best practices and have all assets in a manor which all entities actually belong to the community.

I filter out basic troubleshooting and customer service and make sure to present any pressing issues to the developer as well as handle the communication back to the community member.

BY NO MEANS DO I HAVE FINAL SAY ON ANYTHING.

I will make decisions based on a need to move forward but have never faulted on stepping back for further analysis if needed.

My work is 100% voluntary and I have no hidden agenda other than assisting in building a community I love.

I also have an address in my signature where 100% of all contributions goes towards tipping our regular contributors and participants within our trello group.

Any donations to that address is evenly distributed across the entire mintcoin development team and I encourage developers to offer themselves a tipping url within the about us section of the wallet. The 10 Million bounty is an additional bonus that I am contributing towards the cause to help bring in someone who will be able to pay a few bills while helping the community in development.

I wish I had the funds to do that for all of our development team. We have some pretty amazing people.

I admire your work and dedication, keep it up and thank you!
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:41:27 AM

Ditto!

Without you Mintcoin would have languished and faded away like so many others. Dedication and integrity are rare in the altcoin scene.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:57:00 AM

Ditto!

Without you Mintcoin would have languished and faded away like so many others. Dedication and integrity are rare in the altcoin scene.

I remember a time before CryptoMommy started doing the podcasts, i almost forgot that i hold Mintcoin. She got it back on scene.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:14:31 AM

Hey guys, i am mining to the block explorer donation address using my 750ti on

http://yaamp.com/?address=1QJpbqzkyFNcLGsC46DjXJmY1hLgHoya5C

Feel free to join me in doing this. I haven't seen a donation yet after the initial one. We just need 0.0014 BTC/day(at current $/BTC rate) or $0.33/day to keep it running.

Regards

Sam Smiley
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:36:58 PM

Ditto!

I remember a time before CryptoMommy started doing the podcasts, i almost forgot that i hold Mintcoin. She got it back on scene.

Thank you for all of the kind words - I am not trying to be preachy I just want to make sure it is understood that I have no intentions of being "the boss" lol. I am just here to help.
iHashFury

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

Start MINTing on arm processors - low power cheep nodes for everyone Smiley

Startup your Raspberry-pi's and CuBox-i's

A bit of a hack needed but it works

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11#issuecomment-101760242
cryptocrap

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:27:24 PM

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11#issuecomment-101760242

Great new. keep it moving.  Smiley
hcf27

Activity: 257

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 11:56:15 AM

Hey!!! i want to build a mintcoin node on my raspberry pi, but not sure how to! this is great... do node owners get some sort of retribution from fees?... I hope I can make it work, i will post pics if i manage to make it
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

It's vacation time. Planning a trip and want to book hotels, flights with Mintcoin? Check out the ShapeShift Lens browser plugin. Lens allows you to make purchases with your altcoin of choice with vendors that accept bitcoin for payment like Expedia.com, CheapAir.com and more! https://shapeshift.io/lens.html

Download on Google Chrome: http://bit.ly/1EIggaH

Download on Mozilla Firefox: http://bit.ly/1GapJw3

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:05:50 PM

Ditto!

Thank you for all of the kind words - I am not trying to be preachy I just want to make sure it is understood that I have no intentions of being "the boss" lol. I am just here to help.

I've been following MintCoin for a while and CryptoMommy does a fantastic job. I don't see it as being preachy because if you are not being clear that it is opensource and requires the work of many people helping then people will attribute that it's one persons Coin or one person makes all the decisions and so less work gets done because it's assumed that one person is doing all the work and paying for the expenses to outsource the more complicated work.
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:52:22 AM

It's vacation time. Planning a trip and want to book hotels, flights with Mintcoin? Check out the ShapeShift Lens browser plugin. Lens allows you to make purchases with your altcoin of choice with vendors that accept bitcoin for payment like Expedia.com, CheapAir.com and more! https://shapeshift.io/lens.html

Download on Google Chrome: http://bit.ly/1EIggaH

Download on Mozilla Firefox: http://bit.ly/1GapJw3

I must say, that fox looks great! ...in Mintcoin colored shades!  Cool

Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

I have just sent an update for the OP, please if you're going to keep me as a quote in the OP & need updates? Just send me a message, the changes made to the mintcoin.cc explorer leads to the New CryptoID explorer now & is misleading with the old text / design (updated with the correct text & design). I also updated the code on github to show exactly what changes were made, thanks & MINT on Cool

Updated code: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/5d977e0b2e26f40868a68a4babec14b31e3d2a51

1) ~ Windows (1.17.0) | Mac (1.17.0) | Linux (1.17.0) | Android (1.05.apk)

2) ~                        CryptoID                        

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:11:29 PM

I have just sent an update for the OP, please if you're going to keep me as a quote in the OP & need updates? Just send me a message, the changes made to the mintcoin.cc explorer leads to the New CryptoID explorer now & is misleading with the old text / design (updated with the correct text & design). I also updated the code on github to show exactly what changes were made, thanks & MINT on Cool

Updated code: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/5d977e0b2e26f40868a68a4babec14b31e3d2a51

1) ~ Windows (1.17.0) | Mac (1.17.0) | Linux (1.17.0) | Android (1.05.apk)

2) ~                         CryptoID                       

Wow thanks for doing this. I didnt knew that this is possible via github. I hope they update it in OP.
Pages: « 1 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: