Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:09:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:12:17 PM

If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Yes - That's correct.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buy$Polar

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:30:38 PM

Hmm thanks for replying. I will wait for a response. I hope we can keep this explorer up and running. We already got a donation. If an official account posts/tweets this info then i am sure we can get more donations. If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Regards

Sam Smiley

Might want to include a donation to bring in a new Developer with the new block explorer.
Since at the moment Mint has no developer (left for job issues) and no one has applied to cryptomommy's request for a new one.

See Below
Good morning everyone,

Please note I am actively seeking a desktop wallet and android wallet developer for Mintcoin initiatives.

I am personally offering a 10 million monthly Mintcoin bounty with a 6 month contract for a developer to assist in making continual updates to our wallets.

If interested please email cryptomommy@gmail.com with your prior experience and availability for hangouts Smiley

Jessie

sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:39:54 PM

I would want to but i am short on funds right now, thats why i donated only a month of block explorer. I will see if i can get someone to interview for the job.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:05:28 PM

Hmm thanks for replying. I will wait for a response. I hope we can keep this explorer up and running. We already got a donation. If an official account posts/tweets this info then i am sure we can get more donations. If I am correct Jessica is @CryptoMommy on twitter. Right?

Regards

Sam Smiley

Might want to include a donation to bring in a new Developer with the new block explorer.
Since at the moment Mint has no developer (left for job issues) and no one has applied to cryptomommy's request for a new one.

See Below
Good morning everyone,

Please note I am actively seeking a desktop wallet and android wallet developer for Mintcoin initiatives.

I am personally offering a 10 million monthly Mintcoin bounty with a 6 month contract for a developer to assist in making continual updates to our wallets.

If interested please email cryptomommy@gmail.com with your prior experience and availability for hangouts Smiley

Jessie

Thanks for bringing this up. I am kind of bummed right now. I just recently invested $300 usd into a new hardware wallet and can't find a single person to assist me in resolving this one single issue:
https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11

As soon as someone is able to assist me in this I will be announcing my release with the next podcast. In regards to the block explorer - I am willing to offer a bounty to have someone place a design on the one I am already running as this is already apart of my existing expenses.

I have a very nice supply of Mint coins I am more than happy to distribute to the cause (although they will be sadly missed).

sambiohazard

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:15:13 AM

@cryptomommy

Thanks for replying. I have two questions for you.

1. Do you want block explorer to be community owned and not outsourced? I am asking this because the CryptoID Block Explorer which can be found here

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/# is the best Block Explorer service i have found after blockchain.info.

2. What is cost of the explorer you are running right now? I am sure it requires your money and time. The CryptoID Explorer is $10/month and no need to look after it. Also anyone in the community can contribute to that cost via donations.

So the idea here is that if you are OK with outsourcing this for a cost which can be crowdfunded, it will give you a better service and more time to focus on more pressing issues.

Regards

Sam Smiley
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:52:00 AM

@cryptomommy

1. Do you want block explorer to be community owned and not outsourced? I am asking this because the CryptoID Block Explorer which can be found here

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/# is the best Block Explorer service i have found after blockchain.info.

2. What is cost of the explorer you are running right now? I am sure it requires your money and time. The CryptoID Explorer is $10/month and no need to look after it. Also anyone in the community can contribute to that cost via donations.

So the idea here is that if you are OK with outsourcing this for a cost which can be crowdfunded, it will give you a better service and more time to focus on more pressing issues.

Regards

Sam Smiley
Its a good block explorer. I'm sure we'll be able to keep it running.

One question, if say for some reason it runs out of funds to keep hosting it, is it easy to start up again with just a simple donation?

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:43:04 AM

@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley

One question, if say for some reason it runs out of funds to keep hosting it, is it easy to start up again with just a simple donation?

I am not sure what happens when funding runs out. We have to ask this to @fairglu (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221182)
He is the one who sets up everything. I will PM him.
cryptomommy

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:18:21 PM

@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley

I am not sure what happens when funding runs out. We have to ask this to @fairglu (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=221182)

I am fine with outsourcing the block explorer; however I have 2 fears
1. Donations do not come in to continue supporting the explorer
2. They increase the monthly payments once we integrate with the community

I am currently investing $10 per month for the community explorer as well and the maintenance is next to none. In addition to a block explorer I believe we are also hosting mintcoin nodes on the same server.

The last time we had a hosted the explorer they significantly increased the cost to maintain it and I believe it looked bad on the community as it was going down due to non-payment.

sambiohazard

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:20:17 PM

@cryptomommy

Regards

Sam Smiley

I am fine with outsourcing the block explorer; however I have 2 fears
1. Donations do not come in to continue supporting the explorer
2. They increase the monthly payments once we integrate with the community

I am currently investing $10 per month for the community explorer as well and the maintenance is next to none. In addition to a block explorer I believe we are also hosting mintcoin nodes on the same server.

The last time we had a hosted the explorer they significantly increased the cost to maintain it and I believe it looked bad on the community as it was going down due to non-payment.

I can understand your concerns. First of all here is the reply from @fairglu.

Hi,

There is a notification message 15 days before expiry, and after expiry, there is a grace period with a "nag" window about 15 days to a month (depends if the coin is dead with no community activity). After that the data usually stays in a backup for a month or two and it can be reactivated fairly fast by reaching me. Once it's no longer in backups, it'll take a full resynchronization.

So basically, we have a window of 15-30 days after hosting expires. Also they clearly say that as resource(CPU usage, RAM, storage) requirement grows, payment per month will increase(its there on the pop up that shows donation address), so it will not be $10/month forever but will definitely increase. So we can assume in a year it might be $20 and factor that in. We can clarify this as well with @fairglu.

But I think $10 is nothing for the community to arrange, especially when anyone can donate any amount directly in BTC or via Shapeshift in any altcoin. Also, I think the price for quality of service & types of services(rich list, extraction stats etc) is very reasonable.

I dont want to be cynical but if community cant raise $10-20/month in individual donation then there isn't much of a community here. Excuse me for this. I mean its like $0.50-1 from 20-30 people. Sad

Also we can do one time fundraiser for a year of hosting and relax for a year to come. What do you think?

Regards

Sam Smiley
Remonius

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

10$ is peanuts, I would donate that easily if it helps this coin forward.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:52:46 PM

I thought we need to have a good explorer so i did it but i am not finding a lot of support. Before this we need to have a full time community manager & at least a part time dev. Right now i dont see much of a community here. I understand that people have day jobs but everyone can check out once a day atleast. I am not sure we can go far being here only on weekends. Also only ~2% of coins are staking. Sad

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!extraction
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:00:11 AM

I thought we need to have a good explorer so i did it but i am not finding a lot of support. Before this we need to have a full time community manager & at least a part time dev. Right now i dont see much of a community here. I understand that people have day jobs but everyone can check out once a day atleast. I am not sure we can go far being here only on weekends. Also only ~2% of coins are staking. Sad

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!extraction

I'm sure the community appreciates all of your efforts.  The new explorer looks great.  Did you consider the team already had a working explorer with a rich list?  Were you donating to further it's development before you arranged a second explorer?  There's a pretty big community here and a working team on Trello which is listed at mintcoinofficial.com.  We're here far more then weekends.  Are you???  Wink

Join us.  sambiohazard, I am your father.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:44:48 AM

Its nice to know that their is a community but where are they? I cant see anyone on reddit, IRC, here or twitter. I have been holding MINT for a year now and recently there was a great push with lots of programs but then again there was silence. Where can I find all the great community members? I was just frustrated due to lack of communication.

The current explorer i think was rather primitive so i thought for similar costs it was good to have far better one. Now it is for community to decide on its fate.

Now go check your credentials before getting offended. No Hard Feelings Wink
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:09:34 AM

The new explorer is far superior to anything MINT has in store in terms of explorers.
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:45:57 AM

The new explorer is far superior to anything MINT has in store in terms of explorers.

fairglu's CrytpoID block explorer is by far the best around, watching the development since day one (very quick to update or fix upon request) & nothing better (aside from a few Bitcoin explorers).

Its nice to know that their is a community but where are they? I cant see anyone on reddit, IRC, here or twitter. I have been holding MINT for a year now and recently there was a great push with lots of programs but then again there was silence. Where can I find all the great community members? I was just frustrated due to lack of communication.

The current explorer i think was rather primitive so i thought for similar costs it was good to have far better one. Now it is for community to decide on its fate.

Now go check your credentials before getting offended. No Hard Feelings Wink

Watching this forum for years now, it's not the best place for the honest & good hearted communities to be active (who's that behind that mask, that is the truest ?'s of BitCoinTalk & the world of online names). A great place to start, but not a place to think it's going to make a difference in the direction of MINT. I wouldn't have volunteered many months ago if it wasn't for Trello & knowing there is a real team coming & going throughout the launch of MINT (Keepod kid was very intriguing & hope to see more ways to make a difference in this world of crypto).

//Back to the future, Forward from the past & Standing still in time\\

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
hcf27

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:10:45 PM

Yeap, it is the best explorer out there... you can donate now to the address shown here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!crypto

cryptomommy

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:34:05 PM

New Mintcoin Public Announcement - Mintcoin Developer Bounty Update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrSXLnBporA&feature=youtu.be
liveandletlive77

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:52:36 AM

https://i.imgur.com/59NNYJw.png

Yet again, Mintcoin is # 1 in % change in 24 hours!
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:04:13 AM

New Mintcoin Public Announcement - Mintcoin Developer Bounty Update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrSXLnBporA&feature=youtu.be

FYI: Be careful. Giving out your email can be dangerous. If someone sends you a virus and you click on it, your PC and thus your mintcoins could be compromised (assuming they are on the same computer). Please be cautious.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:02:03 AM

Nice to see everyone is replying. I am hoping for more public engagement in future via social media. I think that great work being done here needs to be shown to the world. Also nice to see that now staking is up to 15% from 2%. This is great!!

Regards

Sam Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: