Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:09:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 [819] 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
cryptomommy

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

ok connecting with the developer now - I have it downloaded on a few different machines and was surprised I had no issues - what version of windows ?

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Interestingly, I had quite a few transactions that exceeded 30k. I opened the previous version, and they aren't there... none of them. And now the minted amount matches what I have in my wallet... now to re-open the new wallet, after I have made a backup. Odd.

Edit - going back to the new version shows them all as there again, which makes the amount in my wallet differ greatly from what it's reporting as being minted.  Huh

ok I submitted a ticket on this - will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:23:13 PM

ok connecting with the developer now - I have it downloaded on a few different machines and was surprised I had no issues - what version of windows ?

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Interestingly, I had quite a few transactions that exceeded 30k. I opened the previous version, and they aren't there... none of them. And now the minted amount matches what I have in my wallet... now to re-open the new wallet, after I have made a backup. Odd.

Edit - going back to the new version shows them all as there again, which makes the amount in my wallet differ greatly from what it's reporting as being minted.  Huh

ok I submitted a ticket on this - will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Thank you.
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:02:52 PM

Android Wallet has officially been released to selected community members for beta / bug testing.

Stay tuned for results. Smiley
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:06:32 PM

Android Wallet has officially been released to selected community members for beta / bug testing.

I am highly anticipating the results of this! The sooner this is released, the better.
8 bit superhero

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:26:54 AM

yay grow mint grow
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

Win 7 Ultimate x64

A note from Robo Guy:
The most recent changes didn't mess with the minting code. I would have the user run " -rescan Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions".

Let me know if this works?
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:26:17 PM

well been 3 days syncing and not half way yet and sticks quite often, maybe it will get done next week lol would like to transfer coins to it.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:28:20 PM

well been 3 days syncing and not half way yet and sticks quite often, maybe it will get done next week lol would like to transfer coins to it.

We will be addressing this issue in the next release we are planning.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

Have noticed sticking , until a fix is worked out ,
When you notice it sticking , close Mintcoin, and reopen it , on mine it jumps over the part where it was stuck when I do that.
 Cool
valta4065

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:42:11 PM

When you notice it sticking , close Mintcoin, and reopen it , on mine it jumps over the part where it was stuck when I do that.
 Cool

when it sticks I close and restart and re scans quite awhile before wallet opens, almost got may thru lol getting there

▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:55:06 AM

Cool

when it sticks I close and restart and re scans quite awhile before wallet opens, almost got may thru lol getting there

Perseverance pays off...

But if you want to speed it up some more, you can do a trick by checking your MintCoin.conf file and make sure you have all good addnodes in there. You can check it against the peers you are connected to by looking at your Mintcoin wallet debug console and typing "getpeerinfo" (without the quotes).

Then you can see the nodes/peers you are connected to and check to see if their blockchains are mostly complete or not.

If their blockchain is not close to the total amount of blocks then you should make sure that in your MintCoin.conf file that ip is not listed in your list of addnodes.
You may also want to create some addnodes with the ip addresses of ones you see have the full blockchain. This will make it so when you go to open the wallet, your client will try to connect to those ip addresses first. I recommend having about 7 addnodes that you know are good IPs. So since it will establish 12 connections, 7 will be guaranteed to be good, while the other 5 will be random and help distribute the networks inter-connectivity. Between the 7 good nodes, they will speed up your syncing so it should be complete within about 1 day.

As always, if you make changes to your MintCoin.conf file then after you save it, restart your wallet to see the effects of the changes. It can take up to about 15 minutes or so after you restart to see it get all its connections and start syncing, but after a while it will be way faster at syncing than if you had a bunch of bad nodes with incomplete blockchains that it was trying to sync with.

If you are confused, and need a longer explanation about the MintCoin.conf file look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5001706#msg5001706

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:41:40 PM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones
Please review the proposed 6 Month Milestone Proposal and let us know your suggestions!
http://mintcoin.cc/2014-mintcoin-milestones/
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:23:56 PM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones
Please review the proposed 6 Month Milestone Proposal and let us know your suggestions!

I'm really happy to see the "Keypod Campaign" included in this list. I think getting incuded with their USB device will be a very very big thing for Mintcoin.

Great work on all the improvements...
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:03:23 AM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones

I'm really happy to see the "Keypod Campaign" included in this list. I think getting incuded with their USB device will be a very very big thing for Mintcoin.

Very exciting to see a well organized plan!  What exactly is the Keypod Campaign? 
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:25:11 AM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones

Very exciting to see a well organized plan!  What exactly is the Keypod Campaign? 
+1. Nice plan.
8 bit superhero

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:26:51 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 03:50:09 AM by 8 bit superhero

has anyone tried to get mintcoin listed on Crypto Asian POD (proof-of-dev) website? I think this will defiantly help mintcoin
http://cryptoasian.com/

edit
i have ask for mintcoin to be listed on here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752869.new#new
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:49:06 AM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones

It's actually Keepod and here is a link to their website.  http://keepod.org/

There has been talk that Bitcoin may be included in each of their USB devices as well.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:41:00 PM

2014 Mintcoin Milestones

It's actually Keepod and here is a link to their website.  http://keepod.org/

There has been talk that Bitcoin may be included in each of their USB devices as well.

Awesome initiative, thanks for the link!
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:31:47 PM

MintShops.com is ready for merchant submissions
http://www.mintshops.com/mintcoin-merchants/place-ad/

If you own a store or have a service / product you would like to sell for Mintcoin please consider submitting your information here.
We will be featuring this site in our new wallet as well.

Thanks!
Jessie
valta4065

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

Cool

Perseverance pays off...

But if you want to speed it up some more, you can do a trick by checking your MintCoin.conf file and make sure you have all good addnodes in there. You can check it against the peers you are connected to by looking at your Mintcoin wallet debug console and typing "getpeerinfo" (without the quotes).

Then you can see the nodes/peers you are connected to and check to see if their blockchains are mostly complete or not.

If their blockchain is not close to the total amount of blocks then you should make sure that in your MintCoin.conf file that ip is not listed in your list of addnodes.
You may also want to create some addnodes with the ip addresses of ones you see have the full blockchain. This will make it so when you go to open the wallet, your client will try to connect to those ip addresses first. I recommend having about 7 addnodes that you know are good IPs. So since it will establish 12 connections, 7 will be guaranteed to be good, while the other 5 will be random and help distribute the networks inter-connectivity. Between the 7 good nodes, they will speed up your syncing so it should be complete within about 1 day.

As always, if you make changes to your MintCoin.conf file then after you save it, restart your wallet to see the effects of the changes. It can take up to about 15 minutes or so after you restart to see it get all its connections and start syncing, but after a while it will be way faster at syncing than if you had a bunch of bad nodes with incomplete blockchains that it was trying to sync with.

If you are confused, and need a longer explanation about the MintCoin.conf file look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5001706#msg5001706
thanks I looked in peerinfo and re did the conf file to all of those that showed up, will see if it works

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 [819] 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: