Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:32:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
niteryder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:06:14 PM

I join here. Fuck the Maxcoin... worst ever launch, only nvidia cards can mine... what a joke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:08:24 PM

There was a rouge pool no so long ago got all the info of users and swiped all the coins of users using the same passwords on all sites . email confirms are good for safety. IMO

How shall this work? Every Pool I go I set a different login and password and I set the auto payout and every day I check that I got the coins. There isn't much too lose.

I much more worry that the email address I set would be missused.
So if there is really no other way I would anyway create an instead email somewhere and use that.

Fine im not arguing with you, you have an answer for everything.. just do what you want .. Smiley

Smiley sorry didn't want to be a pain in the a... just honestly wondered why pools want an email confirmation.
I use email confirmations for exchanges and cloud mining and such where I really have larger deposits ..there it all makes sense to me. Just the mining pools are somehwhat a different story to me since I only use them to forward me the coins and not as deposit.
But yes maybe for some this increases the securty. I can accept that. Smiley

I think you have not lost any coins yet or nothing has been stolen from you. I wuold infact want all pools to get email confirmation when changing PIN/Password/payment address. some pools are thief and steal login information. If payment information needs to be confirmed via email they cant do anything even with your login id and password. and yeah dont blah blah about use different password a person who is mining at 10 different pools at the same time and new pools everyday its almost impossible to keep track of different passwords
erickarsfast

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:08:31 PM

There was a rouge pool no so long ago got all the info of users and swiped all the coins of users using the same passwords on all sites . email confirms are good for safety. IMO

How shall this work? Every Pool I go I set a different login and password and I set the auto payout and every day I check that I got the coins. There isn't much too lose.

So if there is really no other way I would anyway create an instead email somewhere and use that.

Fine im not arguing with you, you have an answer for everything.. just do what you want .. Smiley

Smiley sorry didn't want to be a pain in the a... just honestly wondered why pools want an email confirmation.
I use email confirmations for exchanges and cloud mining and such where I really have larger deposits ..there it all makes sense to me. Just the mining pools are somehwhat a different story to me since I only use them to forward me the coins and not as deposit.

We have configured mnt.coins4everyone.com and with last version email verification are mandatory. I was also surprise about that but as others I think it's for security.
We will have to look inside the code to check if this can be simply avoid. -> Bad idea after reflection

Join US on www.coins4everyone.com
Support our POOL - BTC :  1KLXhy6H4enkHxmw8rUA2DYbS9tpLwWr5f
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

I join here. Fuck the Maxcoin... worst ever launch, only nvidia cards can mine... what a joke.

haha seems like it's getting worse the longer into launch they get.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:09:45 PM

Mintcoin has been added to MiningPool.co:

https://www.miningpool.co

Vardiff Stratum
Custom Front and Back End
5 Minute Payouts

For those of you who already use the pool enable Mintcoin from your settings page.

Happy Mining!

Smiley
itsallpc

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:12:15 PM

This is why i like soft launch coins like prospercoin they build up slowly these announced coins are going crazy 2/3/4gh of pumpers... my 1mh wont keep up lol
sakkosekk

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:19:24 PM

This is why i like soft launch coins like prospercoin they build up slowly these announced coins are going crazy 2/3/4gh of pumpers... my 1mh wont keep up lol

They put more effort into advertising than actual development. Long term steady growth is the way to go for cryptos.
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:19:38 PM

Tomorrow a new wallet will be available, no more MNT, MINT is better indeed!

I also need someone to handle a giveaway for followers on Twitter.
Joe4782

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:20:03 PM

I think you have not lost any coins yet or nothing has been stolen from you. I wuold infact want all pools to get email confirmation when changing PIN/Password/payment address. some pools are thief and steal login information. If payment information needs to be confirmed via email they cant do anything even with your login id and password. and yeah dont blah blah about use different password a person who is mining at 10 different pools at the same time and new pools everyday its almost impossible to keep track of different passwords

I think you are making assumptions about how people use passwords. Those of us who take security seriously use a password manager. We don't need to remember all those individual passwords. It's treating everyone on the internet like they're stupid, whereas it would be better to give them an option to manage their own security. Without email confirmations.

I want to go to bed now, but can't because I'm waiting for my email confirmation. I've been waiting for 5 minutes now from dogemoon. By the time it comes through, will it have expired?

And, why do I need to do a bloody email confirmation just to make my account anonymous? That's just stupid. I wish developers would put more though into their software before making blanket decisions like that. And, for information, I've been a software developer for over 20 years. I know it's not rocket science!

Again ... sigh!   Cry
itsallpc

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:06 PM

They put more effort into advertising than actual development. Long term steady growth is the way to go for cryptos.

That is what i think if you want to be around and stick you need to develop.. Some of these coins do not even have mac and linux wallets..
bongsoup

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:44 PM

God damn this is cool

SC: BTLeV8KdYieuBN9sQbaVwBqkeLHgrT8GHF
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

They turn mad over there! Hillarious posts. Glad I choosed this coin here over Max. Smiley
Sparkzor

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:29:15 PM

They turn mad over there! Hillarious posts. Glad I choosed this coin here over Max. Smiley

Yeah, same here. I was looking at Max and then I saw there was _NO_ miner at all. You had to do it all yourself, which is kind of... crappy. Max Keiser is supposed to be serious, I mean.
Wallet came up late etcetc. Actually worse than the release of both MOON and Ultracoin. Together.
ellave

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

http://mnt.coins4everyone.com

This playing up, I can login but cant access any other areas of the site logs me straight out again?

Also can you add notifications pleaseeeeeeeeeee
sakkosekk

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:33:53 PM

That is what i think if you want to be around and stick you need to develop.. Some of these coins do not even have mac and linux wallets..

Mac wallets especially.
vdaevski

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:34:25 PM

http://mnt.coins4everyone.com

This playing up, I can login but cant access any other areas of the site logs me straight out again?

Also can you add notifications pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Works great for me, i can access every part of the site

Joe4782

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:37:54 PM

Hah! - I think this indicates what a pain email confirmations are:

4.5 hours after launch, on one of the major pools (coins4everyone), I was manual payout #1! Perhaps this is why:

To get my manual payment after setting up my account a few hours ago:

I had to log in, enter my pin to get confirmation email, check my email client - no email, log into my online email service, search through the spam folder, mark the email as not spam, copy the confirmation address, paste that address into my browser, enter my wallet address, enter the pin again to update, enter the pin again to activate manual payout, download the email, copy the address, paste the address into my browser, enter the pin again to finally get my payout!

To me, that is complete overkill.

Anyway, I think I'm done ranting for the night. Time for bed.
Sparkzor

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:39:16 PM

4.5 hours after launch, on one of the major pools (coins4everyone), I was manual payout #1! Perhaps this is why:

I had to log in, enter my pin to get confirmation email, check my email client - no email, log into my online email service, search through the spam folder, mark the email as not spam, copy the confirmation address, paste that address into my browser, enter my wallet address, enter the pin again to update, enter the pin again to activate manual payout, download the email, copy the address, paste the address into my browser, enter the pin again to finally get my payout!

Oooor just everyone is intelligent enough to have auto-payout?
I have gotten payments from coins4everyone since 20.58.
I received my mail instantly (I was intelligent enough to look in the junkfolder)
coinhash

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

Tomorrow a new wallet will be available, no more MNT, MINT is better indeed!

I also need someone to handle a giveaway for followers on Twitter.

+1 good call dev Smiley

HASHRAPID.COM - Hand Picked, Only the Best FLAPPY | COINO | MINT | TOPCOIN | RUBY | WOLONG PANDA
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:39:59 PM

This is a HUGE issue with the default settings for the newest version of MPOS (the pool software everyone uses).  We've been battling it ourselves at HashStrike with our pools.  We eventually decided to disable the email confirmations for everything for the time being because of how touchy and non-intuitive it is.  So I know exactly what they're going through right now.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: