Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins makes a currency more or less valuable is borderline retarded.
I agree with this gentlemen.

What is the difference between 100 billion, 1 billion, 100 million, etc. Huh With bitcoin we still deal with Satoshi's, fractions of a coin, which make pricing a bit more confusing when it fractions out so far. When making a new currency, why not just move the decimal further down and make each coin less? What the hell is the difference? It makes it far easier to buy/sell/trade with, and doesn't turn away newbies.

It makes a huge difference. I explain here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5660897#msg5660897

"Inflation was so bad in Germany that money became worthless. Here a child is using money as a toy. Money was used as wallpaper, to make kites. Towards the end of 1923, so much money was needed, people had to carry it about in wheel barrows. You hear stories of people stealing the wheel barrow, but leaving the money."

That will be the fate of Mint...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoMF

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

Respectfully, some people here have unrealistic expectations for this coin. I also hold a considerable amount of Mint and I think the coin has some limited potential, but it will never reach 1000+ sat.

1. A considerable amount of coins have already been mined and a significant amount will be minted. Anything over 20-30 million coins is way too much and will dilute the value of any coin. When a coin has a total supply of 18+ billion the coin is pretty much doomed. Over time Doge and other coins will also suffer because too many coins are in "circulation".

2. The developers are just not active enough. I hear many arguments that the developers have "lives" and families. We all have lives and families and no one forced the developers to release a coin. If you make the decision to develop a cryptocoin then you have to make the decision to actively promote and engage the users of the coin you created. If your fiat bank closed for a week and their explanation was: "we are closed for week  because we have lives and a family", you would withdraw all your funds from that bank immediately.

3. Perception is reality and quite frankly the website and logo is amateurish at best. No serious development team would have released that logo and website. Many excellent logos have been created by this community and after weeks of waiting I "think" one has finally been selected as the official new logo. And the fact the website was down for several days in unacceptable. A website being hacked or DDoS is no excuse for not being able to find a new host within hours and having the site back up.

4. It is too easy to create and launch a coin, and anyone with a computer and the ability to copy and paste can create a "new" coin in a matter of minutes. Many coins are being released by teenagers in foreign countries that have a limited understanding about software development and have no clue how financial markets work.

Unfortunately the fundamentals do not support Mint being a long term investment, and after a few minor pumps and dumps it will eventually settle in the single digit sat range.

Respectfully, I would tend to disagree with some of your statements.

1) The initial amount of coins in circulation is irrelevant. The price is adjusted to reflect the amount in circulation.

50,000,000,000 x 0.00000025 = 12,500

50,000,000 x 0.00025 = 12,500

I believe what you are referring to is if the amount of coins in circulation is constantly growing at a large rate. This is inflation and if uncontrolled is very bad for any currency regardless of how many coins are in circulation. Mintcoin seems to have a stable and predictable rate of inflation. I think you need to review your argument here because this is basic economics.

2) This seems to be a point made about every coin at the moment. While active participation is always good I think many people do have very unrealistic expectations about what devs are supposed to be doing and when. I do agree that this could be improved but they have far from abandoned their coin like some others seem to have.

3) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

4) This is a great example of pulling information out of your ass and claiming it to be true. Seriously where do you come up with this stuff? Besides what does this have to do with Mintcoin whatsoever.

Shakes magic 8-ball and makes prediction based on "FUNdamentals". Only time will tell where Mintcoin will end up. You are just guessing here which you are allowed to do. Maybe you will be right maybe you won't but respectfully your statements don't fill me with confidence that you are the right person to be making trusted market predictions.
dille71

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

Low value coins
Total supply MINT: 18,630,356,442  =  $2,523,442 USD
Total supply  DOGE: 59,317,894,813  = $58,446,514 USD

High value coins
Total supply BTC: 12,505,525 = $8,005,036,663 USD
Total Supply MSC: 563,162 = $43,284,631 USD

So, how do you calculate value? based on number of coins? Then 42Coin should have a market cap 300,000 times greater than BTC?
Of course that is not how it works. BTC is the most valued coin because it was first and has been arround way longer than any other coin and the network and community support has growned largest of them all.

And how did you decide what coins are high value/low value? DOGE have higher market cap than MSC still you find DOGE low value and MSC high value?

Value PER COIN might be higher on a coin with lower supply but its the market cap that counts.

You know, BTC is divided into satoshis so the real amount is 100,000,000 times higher. And there are discussions about adding more decimals so it can be divided into even smaller pieces

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins makes a currency more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

What is the difference between 100 billion, 1 billion, 100 million, etc. Huh With bitcoin we still deal with Satoshi's, fractions of a coin, which make pricing a bit more confusing when it fractions out so far. When making a new currency, why not just move the decimal further down and make each coin less? What the hell is the difference? It makes it far easier to buy/sell/trade with, and doesn't turn away newbies.

It makes a huge difference. I explain here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5660897#msg5660897

"Inflation was so bad in Germany that money became worthless. Here a child is using money as a toy. Money was used as wallpaper, to make kites. Towards the end of 1923, so much money was needed, people had to carry it about in wheel barrows. You hear stories of people stealing the wheel barrow, but leaving the money."

Not exactly since you won't have this problem with cryptocurrencies. Mint can't be touched so you don't have to carry it. Its just a number on your screen you can use to buy some things on the internet. Most of the fiat money in circulation today is digital aswell, digital money exists for a reason, and that reason is that people don't have to carry all of their money around to buy some simple things.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:36:59 PM

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins make a currnecy more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

I am not going to engage you in juvenile name calling and I do not expect you to understand the fundamentals of economics when you resort to name calling. Instead of calling me names why not make your argument in a intelligent manner? You haven't provided one shred of evidence that backs up your claims. There is a reason why countries often destroy and control the flow of money. Having too much money in circulation whether it is fiat or crypto is not a good thing. Too many units in circulation devalues the currency and causes inflation. Even the Bitcoin community is aware of this and are trying to come up with a solution for inflation. If you ever read a book on economics you would understand my point. 5 minutes on Cryptocoinmarket and you would understand the point I was making.

Low value coins

High value coins

There will always be exceptions to the rule in the short term, but fundamentally no crypto currency can sustain itself with that many coins in circulation.

FYI I do not make claims without information to back it up.

1: http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/634/economics/the-problem-with-printing-money/
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

You can call me names if that makes you feel good, but it doesn't change basic math and basic economics. Mint will never reach 1000+ sat.

I stand by my original estimation of your intellect. You compare Mint and Doge with BTC and mastercoin? WTF are you smoking man? Why don't we compare Mint and RPC and we'll just ignore this so called IconicExpert. Relative max coin supply means diddlysquat. Just something that should be known on a coin to coin basis and not evaluated comparatively and used to make ridiculous assertions. You are barking up the wrong tree. Take it to the MIM thread.
dille71

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:40:19 PM

You have got it all wrong!
This is only true if you have a certain amount of coins with a certain value and then all of a sudden you decide to multiply them over and over.
Lets say we take bitcoin right now and decide to change the total coinsupply to 1000 times what it is and lower the mining difficulty to 0.00001 so tomorrow we would have buillions of new bitcoins, then this german example would be true

niothor

Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

Low value coins

High value coins

So, how do you calculate value? based on number of coins? Then 42Coin should have a market cap 300,000 times greater than BTC?
Of course that is not how it works. BTC is the most valued coin because it was first and has been arround way longer than any other coin and the network and community support has growned largest of them all.

And how did you decide what coins are high value/low value? DOGE have higher market cap than MSC still you find DOGE low value and MSC high value?

Value PER COIN might be higher on a coin with lower supply but its the market cap that counts.

You know, BTC is divided into satoshis so the real amount is 100,000,000 times higher. And there are discussions about adding more decimals so it can be divided into even smaller pieces

Even funnier , all the coins share the same feature Smiley
You can even split doge into 100 milions. But that value would be right now too close to 0.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
dille71

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:42:57 PM

Low value coins

High value coins

You can even split doge into 100 milions. But that value would be right now too close to 0.
So you agree that number of coins doesnt matter then?

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

You're missing the point that the market has already counted in the numbers of coins that will be minted.
Just like how the price doesn't explode when the block reward is halving (stupid myth launched by noobs) just like that the price won't fluctate because of the amount of coins mined.

Your example is pure based on a nation printing an unknown and huge amount of nowhere without anything backing it.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:47:39 PM

Low value coins

High value coins

So you agree that number of coins doesnt matter then?

Yup. too short answer Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
IconicExpert

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:49:37 PM

I disagree and I think you are dumb. A coin that has 18 billion + will just have holders holding millions of coins. A coin with millions of coins will have holders holding thousands of coins. There is zero difference and to pretend that having more total coins make a currnecy more or less valuable is borderline retarded.

I am not going to engage you in juvenile name calling and I do not expect you to understand the fundamentals of economics when you resort to name calling. Instead of calling me names why not make your argument in a intelligent manner? You haven't provided one shred of evidence that backs up your claims. There is a reason why countries often destroy and control the flow of money. Having too much money in circulation whether it is fiat or crypto is not a good thing. Too many units in circulation devalues the currency and causes inflation. Even the Bitcoin community is aware of this and are trying to come up with a solution for inflation. If you ever read a book on economics you would understand my point. 5 minutes on Cryptocoinmarket and you would understand the point I was making.

Low value coins

High value coins

There will always be exceptions to the rule in the short term, but fundamentally no crypto currency can sustain itself with that many coins in circulation.

1: http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/634/economics/the-problem-with-printing-money/

You can call me names if that makes you feel good, but it doesn't change basic math and basic economics. Mint will never reach 1000+ sat.

I stand by my original estimation of your intellect. You compare Mint and Doge with BTC and mastercoin? WTF are you smoking man? Why don't we compare Mint and RPC and we'll just ignore this so called IconicExpert. Relative max coin supply means diddlysquat. Just something that should be known on a coin to coin basis and not evaluated comparatively and used to make ridiculous assertions.

Having my intellect being judge by someone who calls them self "brokedummy" is quite funny. I have been a software engineer for over 10 years and I am actually releasing a free desktop app that will allow user to further secure wallets from theft. So I might be a lot of things, but a dummy is not one. What I posted were samples and basics, and I am not going to post pages of text to support my thoughts. At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and I am entitled to mine as everyone here is. If you think that Mint will reach 1000+ Sat then you are allowed to feel that. But I stand by what I wrote, Mint will never reach 1000+ sat. With less than $100.000 USD someone can easily manipulate Mint.
philipvdlinde

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:53:52 PM

Low value coins

High value coins

I stand by my original estimation of your intellect. You compare Mint and Doge with BTC and mastercoin? WTF are you smoking man? Why don't we compare Mint and RPC and we'll just ignore this so called IconicExpert. Relative max coin supply means diddlysquat. Just something that should be known on a coin to coin basis and not evaluated comparatively and used to make ridiculous assertions.

Having my intellect being judge by someone who calls them self "brokedummy" is quite funny. I have been a software engineer for over 10 years and I am actually releasing a free desktop app that will allow user to further secure wallets from theft. So I might be a lot of things, but a dummy is not one. What I posted were samples and basics, and I am not going to post pages of text to support my thoughts. At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and I am entitled to mine as everyone here is. If you think that Mint will reach 1000+ Sat then you are allowed to feel that. But I stand by what I wrote, Mint will never reach 1000+ sat. With less than $100.000 USD someone can easily manipulate Mint.

100+ is very possible and I am not talking about pumps here.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

I don't think so - it would take a whole lot more than a hundo to 'easily manipulate' the market. Why do you think whales are called whales instead of guppies? They don't even notice making or losing a c-note. How do I know? Am I a WHALE?!! Nope, but I personally know one who was playing with BBQcoins. He could swing the market, but it took about 40 BTC to do so.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

Wallet stuck on block 105747 Huh Its been few hours   Angry
blocks" : 105747,
"moneysupply" : 18612893535.06018448,
"connections" : 14,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 3.44940200,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1392974963,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""

Edit: Nevermind, transaction went through tho lol  Grin
Charloz24

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:00:54 PM

I am th eonly one who as trouble synching wallet since 1.5 update???
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

There were times when bitcoin could also have been and has been manipulated with that amount.
That has indeed destroyed bitcoin.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
IconicExpert

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

philipvdlinde I know you are sitting on Millions of Mint, so am I. You have me beat by little over a million. I do think Mint will reach the low triple digits, but I do not think it will reach 1000+. I am dumping at 70 sat, If I am wrong I will be the first to publicly say I had it all wrong. But I do not need to use a magic 8-ball, or be a psychic to predict where Mint is going. All you have to do is look at the trend of 95% of all other cryptocoins.

1. Developers promise a new coin that will revolutionize cryptocoins.
2. They offer an IPO to "help support development".
3. Investors purchase the IPO because they will make quick money when the coin is put on an exchange.
4. Developers launch the coin and usually the launch has major issues.
5. Everyone with a half decent mining rig, to full mining farms point their miners to the coin so they can be the first to get the higher block rewards.
6. Everyone scrambles to get the new coin on exchanges so they can dump the coins they just bought/mined.
7. The real investors/whales come in and snap up the coins at low prices and then wait until they have a substantial amount of coins and then they artificially push the prices up.
8. All the inexperienced traders think the coin is on fire and start buying at the new higher prices.
9. The whales dump their inflated coins on the suckers and in a matter of hours the coin is worth half than it was before.
10. The community rallies behind the coin and eventually pushes the coin up a few sat until the next innovative coin launches.
11. The community and the developers lose interest and eventually the coin drops to 1 sat.

Mint is at stage 10 Smiley
dille71

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

philipvdlinde I know you are sitting on Millions of Mint, so am I. You have me beat by little over a million. I do think Mint will reach the low triple digits, but I do not think it will reach 1000+. I am dumping at 70 sat, If I am wrong I will be the first to publicly say I had it all wrong. But I do not need to use a magic 8-ball, or be a psychic to predict where Mint is going. All you have to do is look at the trend of 95% of all other cryptocoins.

3. Investors purchase the IPO because they will make quick money when the coin is put on an exchange.
5. Everyone with a half decent mining rig, to full mining farms point their miners to the coin so they can be the first to get the higher block rewards.
6. Everyone scrambles to get the new coin on exchanges so they can dump the coins they just bought/mined.
7. The real investors/whales come in and snap up the coins at low prices and then wait until they have a substantial amount of coins and then they artificially push the prices up.
8. All the inexperienced traders think the coin is on fire and start buying at the new higher prices.
9. The whales dump their inflated coins on the suckers and in a matter of hours the coin is worth half than it was before.
10. The community rallies behind the coin and eventually pushes the coin up a few sat until the next innovative coin launches.
11. The community and the developers lose interest and eventually the coin drops to 1 sat.

At what stage is bitcoin? And doge?

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

At what stage is bitcoin? And doge?

Bitcoin is still at stage 1.
There is still no IPO for bitcoin )))))))))

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
IconicExpert

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:25:35 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 07:19:27 PM by IconicExpert

I don't think so - it would take a whole lot more than a hundo to 'easily manipulate' the market. Why do you think whales are called whales instead of guppies? They don't even notice making or losing a c-note. How do I know? Am I a WHALE?!! Nope, but I personally know one who was playing with BBQcoins. He could swing the market, but it took about 40 BTC to do so.

You can easily manipulate MINT with less than 100k. Each market is different, but 100k can make MINT go in any direction you want. 100k USD is roughly 810,000,000 MINT. One can definitely manipulate the Mint market with 810,000,000 MINT.
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: