Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:31:38 PM

How come there are constantly these hughe buy/sell orders but only very small trades for mint at mintpal?

Some other coins have larger 24h volume but mutch smaller orders..
Why is it like this?

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 09:05:28 PM by XbladeX

Black coin rises, but down to mint coin. Mint is also active in the community to be more. Why do black coin climb?

Because Mints are not black
I can answer you:
- 0% premine Mint 4.5% effective premine
- PURE POS ( usulay 5s-15s transactions speed) Mint still is POS/POW hybrid.
- rising community
- 1% inflation but every 8h i can get stack(part of that 1%) i don't even care to mint i don't afraid to touch balance
- 1% inflation means that you need 20x less btc to keep price than 20% inflation
- many people just discovered BC
- compare direct to Mint to BC price should be about 5000 sat Tongue

I have 400k Mint community is great. I like it.
But for me BC is bit different coin with bit different economy.
In BC all is happening faster faster transaction, faster stakes, it wasn't so popular so it grows now faster too.

BTW HBN +100% year inflation is over power...This  year will be 150% because they mine a lot.

BC 0% premine... Yes, technically.. But weren't all the coins mined within a week of release? That doesn't seem like a long enough time to allow for a fair distribution.
Depends on point of view was mined in 10 days yes but difficulty was high 10Ghs-50Ghs during mining...
After 10 days many people lost faith in BC they sold BC even lower than floor price while mining 1000-2000 sat...
Could longer period of minig change that i don't think so it just could making happier miners after all.
At the end of mining party miners sold with loss. POS system you can make with longer period of minig you can make IPO like NEM You can give for free coins like FAIR.
If you look at dystrybution of BC it proves that worked top holders have 2,2m-probably exchange from all 75m...
In mining some farmers got 3,5m they have sold their coins i have been watching those wallets.
Short mining with hype gave many good profits but main goal was achieved just look at good distribution...
http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution
Even now for 2BTC you can be in TOP 1000...
BC don't have Devs with 1%-4,5% of all coins.
Quark prove just that the long mining don't bring fairer distribution in six moths noone cares about Quark price was 50-500 sat on Cryptsy but
when price blow up to 10000 all call it premine scam...i even heard FUD that quark Devs have 75% of all coins...
So as you see fast distribution sometimes is better do big boom get attention i didn't wanted fallow Quark scenario.
With POS system top 500 guys have to be active to do something with coin they need share wealth, they need build community
miners mostly are for quick $ today after mining they switch to another coin they can sell coins even with loss like it was with BC.
With long mining phase dumping mooltipools / ASICs are destroying your work/attitude putted into coin...
See how Doge price is getting down by quick $ miners this is sad...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:34:22 PM

And compared to normal mining, this is a really low output. I mined that million in a week or so, then moved again to other coins. When I started the wallet again last week, I got like 3k of my stake but then only 760 two day ago then nothing more.
If it is really onls 550/day and one has to wait 20 days before any stake I doubt, that many would invest in that coin to get a stake.

Well, that all depends on where the price goes. if the price were slowly steadily rising, then it would be a different ballgame. You can mint coins for next to nothing, rather than spending hundreds a month on electricity to mine - so it's passive income in a sense. But if the price keeps dicking around at 20 satoshis for months to come then yeah, this will be in trouble.

But you also get next to nothing for minting. What are 500/day worth when bagholders sit on millions? You see the answer at the market and its movement...
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

Black coin rises, but down to mint coin. Mint is also active in the community to be more. Why do black coin climb?

I can answer you:
- rising community
- 1% inflation but every 8h i can get stack(part of that 1%) i don't even care to mint i don't afraid to touch balance
- 1% inflation means that you need 20x less btc to keep price than 20% inflation

In BC all is happening faster faster transaction, faster stakes, it wasn't so popular so it grows now faster too.

BTW HBN +100% year inflation is over power...This  year will be 150% because they mine a lot.

Bunch of malarkey  Tongue

Blackcoin has a small number of coins, and is therefore much easier to move markets. That's why it's climbing\falling blah blah. With current buy sell walls you could move it down to 1800 placing a buy of 1 Bitcoin! Hell it's moved 200 sat down during the time I typed this.

Mint is a good coin, with a more active community-just hold it and relax. People want to panic at every move.

\
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:53:07 PM

Here's an idea but I dont know if its possible.

Einsteinium, a great coin. Why? 2 % of all mining goes into a fund for scientific research,

So, as we know the POW/mining of mint has stopped now. But we could donate 2% of all future staked coins into the "mint foundation" for charity purposes.

Not sure if this could be automated in the algorithm of the coin?

It would make this coin even more unique and add innovation. No other POS coin has ever done that I think.

No, you can donate 2% of your coins if you want communist.

He's talking about giving the currency a fundamental reason to exist, which is a valid point. There are other ways to do this than charitable donations tho.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:57:50 PM

I can answer you:
- rising community

Blackcoin has a small number of coins, and is therefore much easier to move markets. That's why it's climbing\falling blah blah. With current buy sell walls you could move it down to 1800 placing a buy of 1 Bitcoin! Hell it's moved 200 sat down during the time I typed this.

Mint is a good coin, with a more active community-just hold it and relax. People want to panic at every move.

+1

I haven't even been able to mint yet and already people are talking about bailing. There is a long way to go and we are only at the beginning. These large sell orders are from people who mined a lot of mint and we will just have to let that run it's course.

Look on the bright side, selling coins this cheap is the fairest way to distribute them fairly. Let the market do it's work. Every one has an equal shot at them at this low price.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:02:41 PM

I can answer you:
- rising community

i never told that Mintcoins is bad coin.
On market all some times go up sometimes go down.
Mint coin is just different than BC.
BC after +70% up in one day needs to get their price to stabilize. so +-20% is pretty normal.
Mint have 20% inflation while BC 1% what to mean for me as owner of Mint and BC.
That in theory BC will be 20x easier to pump than Mint. BC in reality it needs to be big like 100m coins - Vertcoin-Darkcoin price lvl to get some stabilization.
Mint is more like Doge Xbilion coin so their price in long run can get to hmm 800-1000 sat maybe more.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
mgburks77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:02:52 PM

And compared to normal mining, this is a really low output. I mined that million in a week or so, then moved again to other coins. When I started the wallet again last week, I got like 3k of my stake but then only 760 two day ago then nothing more.
If it is really onls 550/day and one has to wait 20 days before any stake I doubt, that many would invest in that coin to get a stake.

Well, that all depends on where the price goes. if the price were slowly steadily rising, then it would be a different ballgame. You can mint coins for next to nothing, rather than spending hundreds a month on electricity to mine - so it's passive income in a sense. But if the price keeps dicking around at 20 satoshis for months to come then yeah, this will be in trouble.

But you also get next to nothing for minting. What are 500/day worth when bagholders sit on millions? You see the answer at the market and its movement...

More than one merchant relationship with mint has been worked out by mint's developers already. This is the crucial factor in establishing value for any medium of exchange. When more products are available for exchange then mint will become more economically valid. This holds true for all attempts at creating a new currency.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

Blackcoin leaves a bad feeling in my gut. I tend to go with my gut with these things and I don't think that I will ever put a single satoshi into blackcoin. I'm in Mint and I'm here holding from here on out.
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:09:15 PM

Ill be selling my 28k blackcoins for 2150 satoshis, after that Ill put the original 0,95 btc back in to mint and ill use the profits for daytrading with other coins.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:10:18 PM

I can answer you:
- rising community

i never told that Mintcoins is bad coin.
On market all sometimes go up sometimes go down.
Mint coin is just different than BC.
BC after +70% up in one day need to get their price ti stabilize. so +-20% is pretty normal.
Mint have 20% inflation while BC 1% what to mean for me as owner of Mint and BC.
That in theory BC will be 20x easier to pump than Mint.BC in reality it need to be big like 100m coins - Vertcoin-Darkcoin price lvl to get some stabilization.
Mint is more like Doge Xbilion coin so their price in long run can get to hmm 800-1000 sat maybe more.

The reality is that hundreds of millions of mint are not being allowed to mint because it is being moved around on or stored on exchanges etc so the actual inflation rate is nowhere near 20%...

The other side of that theory is that a currency has to have enough inflation to be liquid, especially if it is to have the potential for global adoption. So I don't really see that as a problem. How fast do PoW coins inflate due to mining? I would say it is roughly equivalent to a PoS coin.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:12:32 PM

24 hour trade volume of Mintcoin has doubled on Mintpal.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:13:40 PM

Blackcoin leaves a bad feeling in my gut. I tend to go with my gut with these things and I don't think that I will ever put a single satoshi into blackcoin. I'm in Mint and I'm here holding from here on out.

I have to admit i looked at BC as well, but I decided to stay the course. It can be a tough decision when things aren't looking so rosy. lol  Cheesy
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Something about their motto "Once you go black..." Sexual innuendos seem rather unprofessional to me..
mgburks77

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:21:21 PM

Something about their motto "Once you go black..." Sexual innuendos seem rather unprofessional to me..
I thought the same. Amusing perhaps, but hardly professional.
cryptoba

Activity: 435

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

Hello,

Why is the difficulty so low ?
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

Bacause we are in POS now. Mining finished. So, in reality, difficulty means nothing.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
Camilio

Activity: 126

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:32:23 PM

Hello,

because block reward is 1. It is not profitable to mine mintcoin --> PoW is over and PoS kicked in.
hadi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

admin ? why i am unable to recieve POS rewards after 23 days?!! (nothing at all )
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:37:20 PM

Hello,

Taking into account that it has switched to PoS I find it interesting is still that high Smiley))

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: