Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:26:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
jany8293

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:07:19 AM

What do you guys think this domain worth, www.mintcoinstore.com   ?   I mean, in mintcoins, of course.

If you are interested in buying this domain, please PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:32:19 AM

Well, would you look at that!!!! Mintcoin has just passed Blackcoin in market capitalization, who knew?Huh lmao
garicson

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:37:39 AM

Well, would you look at that!!!! Mintcoin has just passed Blackcoin in market capitalization, who knew?Huh lmao

To the moon!!!  Grin

Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:42:43 AM

Prices are getting stable at around 20-21 satoshis at Mintpal. However, the volume in the past 24 hours has gone up by 30 BTC. This is excellent news, as well as the market capitalization exceeding that of Blackcoin.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:57:25 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 07:17:37 AM by stormia

My home state had a tragic event and are accepting Bitcoin donations on the town website...why not Mintcoin donations?
http://town.darrington.wa.us/Landslide+Donations

I am sorry to hear that this happened :/ That is a great idea, though. Perhaps we can contact them and propose they accept mintcoins: http://town.darrington.wa.us/Contact+us

How difficult/expensive would it be for them to implement a Mintcoin payment/donation method directly on their site (I don't know these things, seems like it wouldn't be too much though)? If it would help- and this pertains to all possible charity projects- we could propose to them that we will set a community MINT donation goal, raise it at a different location than their site (e.g. raise it on the Mintcoin Foundation website) and then donate the money to them once we have reached that goal (similar to how doge4water worked). That way they wouldn't be burdened with setting up a new donation/payment method (assuming it is at all a burden, like I said I don't really know..).

Also. I was thinking, once the Mintcoin Foundation is up and running and some projects have been decided on, we could have separate donation addresses for different charity causes- this would allow individual donors to choose directly which project they support with their donations.

Edit: While I'm on topic- please consider donating to the Mintcoin Fund http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,415.0.html !
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:14:47 AM

My home state had a tragic event and are accepting Bitcoin donations on the town website...why not Mintcoin donations?

I am sorry to hear that this happened :/ That is a great idea, though. Perhaps we can contact them and propose they accept mintcoins: http://town.darrington.wa.us/Contact+us

How difficult/expensive would it be for them to implement a Mintcoin payment/donation method directly on their site (I don't know these things, seems like it wouldn't be too much though)? If it would help- and this pertains to all possible charity projects- we could propose to them that we will set a community MINT donation goal, raise it at a different location than their site (e.g. raise it on the Mintcoin Foundation website) and then donate the money to them once we have reached that goal (similar to how doge4water worked). That way they wouldn't be burdened with setting up a new donation/payment method (assuming it is at all a burden, like I said I don't really know..).

Also. I was thinking, once the Mintcoin Foundation is up and running and some projects have been decided on, we could have separate donation addresses for different charity causes- this would allow individual donors to choose directly which project they support with their donations.

Moolah might be an option. If you look at the Bitcoin link on the darrington site, it is a coinbase link, probably because they would want to get the crypto into fiat asap. Moolah says then can get the crypto to fiat:

https://moolah.io/merchants/faq

Side note: Moolah's page for merchants>faqs doesn't mention Mintcoin.

deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:18:54 AM

We are approaching 1 week since payouts in MINT were implemented on http://hashco.ws  While I appreciate the new miners who have given us a shot and 'mined' some mint, the uptake isn't quite what I'd hoped for.  In an effort to try and get things going, I received a total of 1,850,000 mint in bounties for implementation.  If we can reach 300Mh/s in new hashrate that gets paid out in mint, and maintain it for at least 5 days, I'll give away all of it to random miners in the form of 3 prizes; 1mil, 600k, 250k.  (personal hashrate will play no bearing on the prize winners, 10Mh/s or 300Kh/s, you'll have the same chance of winning).

I'll post updates here on hashrate status if warranted. 

Happy Mining.

Sign up, go to account settings and change payout to Mint. By the time this pays out, we'll probably be at 30 Satoshi!

\
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:31:01 AM

Edit: While I'm on topic- please consider donating to the Mintcoin Fund http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,415.0.html !

Why not just have them download a wallet and post a big public deposit address on the website/Facebook page? Direct all marketed traffic to that address and voila.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
stormia

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:47:13 AM

Why not just have them download a wallet and post a big public deposit address on the website/Facebook page? Direct all marketed traffic to that address and voila.

+1. I was over thinking it. I was thinking more in terms of how difficult/costly would it be to set up a mintcoin donation button on their website like the one for bitcoin.

For some projects I still think the idea of setting specific fundraising goals and collecting donations at the mintcoin foundation site, where each cause can have its own address allowing for people to choose between the charities they want to support, and then sending out the raised funds once the goal is met would be useful (for example, for a project which requires a minimum amount of money to be raised before it can work/start). Also, I think there is something psychological about working towards and achieving a preset goal. And if we eventually have multiple charity funds being raised then it would be nice to have them in a centralized location so people can easily see and access them all. Seems like this landslide donation, and other disaster reliefs, would certainly be better implemented in the manner you just outlined because they need the money asap and any little bit will help.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:03:12 AM

+1. I was over thinking it. I was thinking more in terms of how difficult/costly would it be to set up a mintcoin donation button on their website like the one for bitcoin.

For some projects I still think the idea of setting specific fundraising goals and collecting donations at the mintcoin foundation site, where each cause can have its own address allowing for people to choose between the charities they want to support, and then sending out the raised funds once the goal is met would be useful (for example, for a project which requires a minimum amount of money to be raised before it can work/start). Also, I think there is something psychological about working towards and achieving a preset goal. And if we eventually have multiple charity funds being raised then it would be nice to have them in a centralized location so people can easily see and access them all. Seems like this landslide donation, and other disaster reliefs, would certainly be better implemented in the manner you just outlined because they need the money asap and any little bit will help.

This would be an excellent project for any number of non-profit start-ups. It is a logical step since people like spending little bits of their coins at colorful websites, so they might as well do it for a good cause or two, or three...those coins add up quickly when you have enough traffic.

I proposed on CleanWaterCoin's thread that they add a donation pop-up to the wallet, so that when incoming coins enter the wallet, a little pop-up asks you if you want donate a % to so-and-so public wallet fund. This would be an effective and efficient way to get funds rolling in to charity accounts (or scam artist accounts, if you aren't careful). They can even get a nice little gif and sound effect going so that people like hitting the donate button.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
omahapoker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:25:54 AM

Please MINT fans. build more gambling sites. i will promote them
ahhmenuts

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:46:18 AM

What do you guys think this domain worth, www.mintcoinstore.com   ?   I mean, in mintcoins, of course.

Less than 10,000 mint.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:12:52 AM

Hey. How come Mintcoin is doing so well right now?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
omahapoker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:28:54 AM

man, i post one time in the blackcoin thread and boy they don't like MINT people Cheesy
draco71

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:39:29 AM

man, i post one time in the blackcoin thread and boy they don't like MINT people Cheesy

You are not honest. You went there telling them to sell their BCs in order to buy MINT. You were trolling and this is not good for MINT or any other coin.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
eddy937

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:45:45 AM

I am curious about that too. Bitcoin was falling like a stone yesterday but mint was actually rising at the same time. It looks like mint was a better bet than bitcoin yesterday and it's the last thing I expected.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:59:39 AM

Some progress on the Mintcoin Fund
(crossposted on mintcointalk.com)

• Yesterday, I received the premine. Mint was at 20 satoshi, I placed a buy order at sell order at 21, expecting people would buyt it (it could have been the opposite and the price going down to 19 satoshi; I am not sure I should do this again).
  • Today, I sent the BTC conversion to a fiat exchange (the beloved and most secure bitcoin-central.net). It should arrive in one hour and then I will place a sell order I don't know at which price yet (market price, I guess, since BTC is falling down)
  • Tomorrow, it will be converted in Euros and I will transfer it to my own account with SEPA transfer
  • On the second of April, I should receive the Euro equivalent
  • From then on, I will contact the French administration will all due papers. They will read the bylaws, hopefully say the bylaws are acceptable and will publish the creation on the Journal officiel (Official Registry).
  • At this moment, we will make a major announcement. I will announce it in advance so that you guys get prepared to a contextual pump (contextual pump = not a pump because of market manipulation but because of an external even, here the announcement). Those who wish could sell their MINT and buy them back once the pump has faded (there is the risk is doesn't fade away and so that it cost you money - i any case, it would cost you your coin age). The risk/reward ratio is pretty good IMHO, but the risk is not zero, anyway
  • Then I will initiate two things: First, opening up a bank account, probably in a bank which is crowdfunding-friendly (I have my sources on this). Second, I will send the fiscal administration a request for rescript, that is an written, compelling evidence that they will accept tax-reduction for the Fund. If they say "yes", great, we can start moving. If they say "no", we will be allowed some time to change the wording so that they agree with it.

So, this is the plan Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
dille71

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:11:10 AM

I am curious about that too. Bitcoin was falling like a stone yesterday but mint was actually rising at the same time. It looks like mint was a better bet than bitcoin yesterday and it's the last thing I expected.
One reason could be the thunderclap thing

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:13:28 AM

The reality is more complex (IMHO):
  • Short-term: Pump. Second, there was a pump on mintcoin, yesterday. Some people, at least on the French forum, believe it is still occuring. I made my best to inform them that this is not the case, that the current price is the normal price, but the only thing I can say is that for some people, the price is inflated => they are ready to dump. That's why it is very important to not rest on our laurels and continue to propagate mintcoins ideals and actions. Dump occurs when we rest on our laurels (I am not saying that not resting on our laurels will prevent a dump, but at least it will be much less damaging).
  • Medium term: Cognitive biases. First, mintcoin thread, like any altcoin thread that I know of, heavily suffers from confirmation bias. As a rule of thumb, the less lines in a post, the less reliable it is - whatever it says. Also, excessive optimism is de rigueur and when something goes wrong, cognitive dissonance steps in ("yeah that's normal it is falling down, because this and that", said the one who said "to the moon" tow days ago). Better insight from posters would make the coin much less subject to "mood swing" (nxt is particularly good at avoiding this, probably because they are much less focused on price fluctuations)
  • Long-term: Committed community and clear message. Third, and this is the most important: the community stood still in dire times, the dev is getting more and more merchants in and our message of sustainable development is getting more and more visible. The upcoming Mintcoin Fund will further fulfill this message. This whas will matter in the end.

Please keep in mind this is just my point of view as a human being. This is not an official statement from the team.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
omahapoker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:14:33 AM

You are not honest. You went there telling them to sell their BCs in order to buy MINT. You were trolling and this is not good for MINT or any other coin.

i just went and posted my opinion, so shoot me.
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: