Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency  (Read 127165 times)
Lolcust (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 12:48:38 AM

There is no good way out once you're accused of being Satoshi; Satoshi is considered to be such a genius, that it is obvious that if he wanted to participate without revealing himself as being the Satoshi he would create an identity that wouldn't easily be matched to Satoshi; being different from Satoshi is what Satoshi would do. On the other hand, if you have similarities to Satoshi, it could be said Satoshi intentionally lets those similarities be present so people can point out Satoshi wouldn't be dumb enough to be that obvious if he wanted to stay under the radar.

The way out is quite obvious - brazenly claim being Satoshi.

See? My genius proves itself yet agai...oh, snap... Cheesy

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 02:27:26 AM

OK finally worked out what qmake was (damn why do people need to change things that drastically)
... and no you cannot run this without the GUI - ok that was a waste of time.
You expect people to run this on windows or linux desktops only?
I guess that makes sense, why would someone want to run it on a server ... ... ...

Anyway, since the discussion of the money laundering fund has come back ...

I'm wondering how this money laundering fund will work successfully?
The transactions on the block-chain are all there for anyone top see.
The original source address of the funds is also there to see in block 0.
The ability to associate addresses in the block-chain is also very easy
Every time you use that address, the associated addresses where the leftover amounts go is also in the block-chain
(I guess one day I should consider writing a block-detective web site.
It's not really that hard to track things down since most people don't even understand how transactions work)
It's not even that hard to get the IP address of a person with an address if they use the address ...

Edit: LOL https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45935.0 I guess there's also that issue ... Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 03:46:13 AM

Anyone comparing me to this young adult is pretty silly no? Sure I may have a bigger ego than most but I know what I'm doing, SC2.0 will prove this.

I don't really see what is wrong with lolcust experimenting with this stuff but I do have an issue with him "premining" 7 million coins and not making much reference to it, hoping exchanges will start up and then he can cash out. It seems dishonest to me.

SolidCoin on the other hand, I personally have 10000 coins all up, most of them donated. There is currently 2500 left in the bounty wallet, with over 33000 sent out to hundreds of individuals. doublec has twice as much SolidCoin than me. I know someone else who has 38000 (which is the largest individual holding I'm aware of). So I am working for essentially nothing because I believe in a working online currency not because it will make me personally wealthy. I don't need any more money in my life to be happy, I have a family and software businesses already running generating income. Any dishonest activity on my part threatens all that, so I'd have to be quite stupid to risk it trying to scam people out of their investments with a new currency.

Anyone that has come to know me over the last few months will vouch for this. That said I know my personality isn't the most likeable out there but it's hard to change such things. And I eventually won't be the face of SolidCoin so that should ease some people who care about that.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1264

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 03:55:39 AM

Anyone comparing me to this young adult is pretty silly no? Sure I may have a bigger ego than most but I know what I'm doing, SC2.0 will prove this.

I don't really see what is wrong with lolcust experimenting with this stuff but I do have an issue with him "premining" 7 million coins and not making much reference to it, hoping exchanges will start up and then he can cash out. It seems dishonest to me.

SolidCoin on the other hand, I personally have 10000 coins all up, most of them donated. There is currently 2500 left in the bounty wallet, with over 33000 sent out to hundreds of individuals. doublec has twice as much SolidCoin than me. I know someone else who has 38000 (which is the largest individual holding I'm aware of). So I am working for essentially nothing because I believe in a working online currency not because it will make me personally wealthy. I don't need any more money in my life to be happy, I have a family and software businesses already running generating income. Any dishonest activity on my part threatens all that, so I'd have to be quite stupid to risk it trying to scam people out of their investments with a new currency.

Anyone that has come to know me over the last few months will vouch for this. That said I know my personality isn't the most likeable out there but it's hard to change such things. And I eventually won't be the face of SolidCoin so that should ease some people who care about that.

CoinHunter, great post. I always knew that you are genuinely trying to create a good currency and I knew you weren't in it to get rich. And you have put in a lot of effort in SolidCoin and you did bring in some innovation unlike ixcoin/i0coin. You just need to be a bit more humble (like this post). Like you said, unfortunately, you can't easily change your personality. I'm looking forward to see what you have in store for us in SC 2.0.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 04:02:45 AM

Eh? This isn't an SC2.0 thread why the posts? People feeling abandoned and lacking attention?

Anyway - GG was where SC 2.0 copied the idea from to set a large number of coins in block 0 ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 04:11:04 AM

Eh? This isn't an SC2.0 thread why the posts? People feeling abandoned and lacking attention?

Anyway - GG was where SC 2.0 copied the idea from to set a large number of coins in block 0 ...

Except he couldn't figure out how to do that and made it block 1 instead. That's your leader right there Tongue

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 04:12:30 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2011, 04:48:03 AM by caston

I was going to PM lolcust about this but I might well ask publicly now that the issue of the pre-coins has come up.

I run a wiki about human rejuvenation at http://www.rejuvepedia.org and I am hoping to secure some donations.

One of the Rejuvepedia spin-off projects called "Project In-Utero" will soon have a website and forum (hosted at www.in-utero.org) that will hopefully sprawn a collaborative online community around
the idea that we can completely rejuvenate a human body over 9 months by using a tissue engineered and wetware controlled placenta and uterus. The person being rejuvenated will
effectively be spending 9 months back in the womb and when they come out will still be an adult but have younger looking skin than a teenager as their body will be completely rejuvenated.

The placenta will feed the person with stem cells and effectively the person will be in a state of anaerobic respiration. I have a theory that there is something very special about anaerobic respiration that makes cells
proliferate as they don't need to repair oxidative damage.

Of course this will be tested on mice (and other mammals) long before we start to proceed to work out how we could ethically proceed to do this with humans.

I want to put forward some bounties to develop the art-work or animations showing this happening to help inspire people and capture their imaginations. I am hoping to secure some coins towards these bounties but I will contribute to them myself as well.

Lolcust: could you possibly contribute some Tenebrix to this project?

I have to get ready for work now but my contract is ending in a few days time so I will have a lot more time to work on this then.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 04:25:30 AM

Don't fetuses get oxygen from the blood of their mother?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
caston

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 04:50:42 AM

Don't fetuses get oxygen from the blood of their mother?

I think a little bit but the two times when anaerobic respiration occurs in humans is during high intensity heart pounding exercise and while in the womb. The high intensity exercise is shown to encourage the growth
and differentiation of brain cells as they feed on lactate rather than glucose. I think a similar thing could happen in this environment.

Probably better though if any more questions go on a new thread. That is I'm only just trying to get contributions towards bounties here. I apologise I had to post off-topic stuff to explain what I hope to award the bounties for.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:04:54 AM

What will be providing oxygen for a whole adult human in your system?

edit:oops, missed the note about going to another thread, sorry

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:18:35 AM

No oxygen = dead human, simple as that.
Muscle tissue can burn itself (speaking simply) and produce lactic acid rather than using oxygen.  The brain cannot, if it receives no oxygen it dies, rapidly.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:27:26 AM

Lolcust, you better start paying out massive bounties or you will end up with a worthless asscoin. Smiley
This pre-mined coin amount was not hidden but it will turn in to a massive shit storm really fast.
Set up a page, list the bounties and start spreading the coin.
Please do it before it turns in to another solidcoin and the forgotten others like fiasco.

For this good advice, you can send me 10000 tbrix to tA9irPtMhYWmwAQRuF4oqAhD73g35CC1PE

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 05:29:59 AM

For this good advice, you can send me 10000 tbrix to tA9irPtMhYWmwAQRuF4oqAhD73g35CC1PE
Tera-brix?
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 06:31:04 AM

doublec has twice as much SolidCoin than me.
I don't have any solidcoins. The bitparking exchange wallet still has about 20,000 in it though, many of them claimed by users via email but no current way for them to get them since the network is down. Once solidcoin is resurrected they'll be transferred back, assuming that's possible.
Lolcust (OP)

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 06:44:16 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2011, 07:48:51 AM by Lolcust

I was going to PM lolcust about this but I might well ask publicly now that the issue of the pre-coins has come up.

I run a wiki about human rejuvenation at http://www.rejuvepedia.org and I am hoping to secure some donations.

One of the Rejuvepedia spin-off projects called "Project In-Utero" will soon have a website and forum (hosted at www.in-utero.org) that will hopefully sprawn a collaborative online community around
the idea that we can completely rejuvenate a human body over 9 months by using a tissue engineered and wetware controlled placenta and uterus. The person being rejuvenated will
effectively be spending 9 months back in the womb and when they come out will still be an adult but have younger looking skin than a teenager as their body will be completely rejuvenated.

The placenta will feed the person with stem cells and effectively the person will be in a state of anaerobic respiration. I have a theory that there is something very special about anaerobic respiration that makes cells
proliferate as they don't need to repair oxidative damage.

Of course this will be tested on mice (and other mammals) long before we start to proceed to work out how we could ethically proceed to do this with humans.

I want to put forward some bounties to develop the art-work or animations showing this happening to help inspire people and capture their imaginations. I am hoping to secure some coins towards these bounties but I will contribute to them myself as well.

Lolcust: could you possibly contribute some Tenebrix to this project?

I have to get ready for work now but my contract is ending in a few days time so I will have a lot more time to work on this then.

I know next to nothing about biology, but I might contribute.

I will contribute with TBX I mined, not the fun-d ones, as fun-d is intended for more project-related activities.

OK finally worked out what qmake was (damn why do people need to change things that drastically)
... and no you cannot run this without the GUI - ok that was a waste of time.
You expect people to run this on windows or linux desktops only?
I guess that makes sense, why would someone want to run it on a server ... ... ...

Oh don't worry, the daemon is coming.

I'm wondering how this money laundering fund will work successfully?
The transactions on the block-chain are all there for anyone top see.
The original source address of the funds is also there to see in block 0.
The ability to associate addresses in the block-chain is also very easy
Every time you use that address, the associated addresses where the leftover amounts go is also in the block-chain
(I guess one day I should consider writing a block-detective web site.
It's not really that hard to track things down since most people don't even understand how transactions work)
It's not even that hard to get the IP address of a person with an address if they use the address ...

In terms of anonymizing the end-user, it would operate not unlike your average run of the mill laundry service operates, with the apparent difference that getting your own coins/other coins with recent "questionable" history is impossible because you are getting coins from the "big buffer" (all the units submitted  are retained long-term for forming the replacement "buffer" to which system switches over when the old ones dries up, said retaining being of course observable in the chain, just as the payouts are. Detecting which of the payouts is "Lolcust comission" and which is actually washed monies is problematic.

Linking addys with end users and/or good old me can be more or less problematic depending on circumstances, but protection offered is higher than that of a "typical" bitcoin coin mixing service (and will only grow stronger if the clients also run through an exchange on their way in and/or way out)

Oh by the way, by proving a way to carry out bitcoin mixing with less mixing hops being stuffed into the   bitcoin chain (BTC - > TBX/GEG/BTC exchange - > Historical Coin Exchange Service (with appropriately large number of transactions to different addresses, as Bitcoin Mixers do nowadays) - > a different TBX/GEG/BTC exchange - > BTC) I reduce the load on "bitcoin proper" thus benefiting Bitcoin
Edit: LOL https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45935.0 I guess there's also that issue ... Cheesy

That is profoundly hilarious, and I want this thing on twitter. Let me see if I can suppress human decency long enough to actually post a bounty on retweeting this ^__^

Why, we shall see.

What you have is a "civility" issue.

While I do disagree with that racket tax sovereign bond scheme of a "protection phun-d" you have going (a scheme which ensures that your phun-d, all other things being equal and assuming no spending spree on your part, will remain proportional to the overall "size" of "sovereignconomy", unlike my humble little fun-d that is doomed to shrink in its relative size under same assumptions  Roll Eyes ) and take a potshot at it every now and then, I do not actually claim that you intend to cash out that phun-d Wink

To make such a claim would be unfair as I cannot read your mind, much like you cannot read mine.

Except he couldn't figure out how to do that and made it block 1 instead. That's your leader right there Tongue

With all due respect mister CoinHunter, explicitly claiming  that I am some kind of "leader" is perhaps the most silly thing to be claimed in this thread, and perhaps this entire forum.

Hm, maybe I should change my avatar to this:

Lolcust, you better start paying out massive bounties or you will end up with a worthless asscoin. Smiley
This pre-mined coin amount was not hidden but it will turn in to a massive shit storm really fast.
Set up a page, list the bounties and start spreading the coin.
Please do it before it turns in to another solidcoin and the forgotten others like fiasco.

You mean, start paying people for spamming Twitter ?

I feel bad about spamming Twitter Sad

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
caston

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 07:14:13 AM

Thanks lolcust. I will probably have some time to start on the website tonight at work as my job is a call center with quiet periods late at night.

Do you know the current Tenebrix difficulty?

Lolcust (OP)

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 08:04:14 AM

Thanks lolcust. I will probably have some time to start on the website tonight at work as my job is a call center with quiet periods late at night.

"difficulty" : 0.01562500,

Which means I really need to work harder on crafting together a pool-friendly *nix daemon for Tenebrix, lol.

Feed the Lolcust!
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 09:05:21 AM

Which means I really need to work harder on crafting together a pool-friendly *nix daemon for Tenebrix, lol.

No way!? That low and it's starting to get really difficult to mine coins.
You have 7.7 mill of those coins so they have to be at really low value. 0.00001 btc a pop and stay at that level until you have distributed 99.990 % of those 7.7 mill. In this case a average CPU must be able to produce thousands of coins per day to make it worth the effort.

I personally think it was a huge mistake to mine so many coins for yourself. By that you made the coins less valuable to all of us, including yourself. 
t0brix anyone ? Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 09:12:29 AM

If it takes three years to generate coins to make up for the first bounty block, then yes, it's too ridiculous.

Also, the difficulty looks funny because the PoW-system uses a different algorithm altogether. Such a small looking difficulty change is meaningful when your CPU can only push 2 khashes per second at best.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
Lolcust (OP)

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 09:38:41 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2011, 09:56:21 AM by Lolcust

=

No way!? That low and it's starting to get really difficult to mine coins.

Not too difficult, but earlier pools is better.

I personally think it was a huge mistake to mine so many coins for yourself. By that you made the coins less valuable to all of us, including yourself.  

Like I said in the #Tenebrix channel, that could only be true if Strong Efficient Market Hypothesis held true for coin-trading, which is simply not true (otherwise, speculators should  not have even entered the Bitcoin trading due to apparent presence of large stashes of "unmoving bitcoins" with unknown number of owners, which pose a pretty much unpredictable risk)

Valuation has nothing to do with "cryptocoins in existence", only with "cryptocoins actually participating in economic activities" (and how much of superfund went where and when is absurdly trivial to check for anyone with as much as 10 seconds of free time, as soon as block explorer comes alive)

t0brix anyone ? Smiley

When I finish making the Tenebrix daemon needed for exchange and pool to take off, I might even make a Ten0brix (I like ten0brix more than t0brix, TBH) myself so that people believing in SEMH may have a fun day.

Assuming Solidcoin 2.0 actually has a good PoW and will go really opensource with it, I might also bother to make a Flaccidcoin 0-2 (that is, solidcoin with "ever-expanding amount of sovereign bonds" protecshun racket scheme expunged ), for sheer fun of it.

If it takes three years to generate coins to make up for the first bounty block, then yes, it's too ridiculous.

Oh, how ridiculous is too ridiculous is an endless argument, that's why I gave up on trying to come up with a different number. Would 4 mils be better ? By what kind of logic, assuming I never sell off the majority of it (trivial to check) ?
Also, the difficulty looks funny because the PoW-system uses a different algorithm altogether. Such a small looking difficulty change is meaningful when your CPU can only push 2 khashes per second at best.

Well, yes, but there be a lot of folks mining already, and we're still somewhat in the "too fast" dept.

Worry not tho, a pool is incoming.

Feed the Lolcust!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: