Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency  (Read 127177 times)
spudsintegers

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

Hi guys! I've yet to read all the information about your project but it seems interesting. Glad to be here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delightfulbold

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:08:53 AM

this ico will be smoking hot 
Forzart

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:20:35 PM

The father of all scrypt coins is still alive. I have just mined 25 tbx.

https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix/downloads
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 02:21:02 PM

almost 2 years from the last post ...er I'll jump right on this as it is 'GPU Hostile'. Smiley

Seeings how it is NOT ASIC it would go nowhere even if you had hooks that made you the next Satoshi!

Naw. Don't fall for this. I'd bet that at best this is a wasted effort with the above link

or more likely after all this time, it is newbie malware phishing.

Meh!

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2020, 03:24:16 PM

Actually this coin is still alive and is in use in the Galactic Milieu which in turn means you can trade it on the HORIZON and Stellar platforms, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/

For historic tables and plots of relative values see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2020, 03:09:41 AM

Is this an inactive Altcoin?
I'm surprised that programers don't merge Inactive (MMO) massively multi-player online games and Inactive Altcoins together into a cool MMO that makes you Altcoin.
This would resurrect both projects and make it a stronger product.

Beautiful idea. Smiley I am sure we will get there over time.

Is there still someone mining this coin?

I just fired up my wallet and there is still people mining this

ME  Cheesy But I'm stuck now at 356221 block(s) and 1 connection (s). Mined 6 blocks before it halted.

From the many one, from one, the source
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

The MMO you are thinking of is known as the Galactic Milieu and has been running for years... Smiley

-MarkM-

I'm surprised that programers don't merge Inactive (MMO) massively multi-player online games and Inactive Altcoins together into a cool MMO that makes you Altcoin.

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 06:47:09 PM

The MMO you are thinking of is known as the Galactic Milieu and has been running for years... Smiley

-MarkM-

Funny how the guy was thinking the same thing Wink

BTW - Tenebrix I can confirm - ALIVE:

Code:
Date: 9/26/2020 19:35
To: tRq2nHrsAykzHz9RYecxH74LjDuTSX2BGa (yours, label: knotwork)
Credit: 94.7556177
Net amount: +94.7556177

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 07:18:59 PM

almost 2 years from the last post ...er I'll jump right on this as it is 'GPU Hostile'. Smiley

Seeings how it is NOT ASIC it would go nowhere even if you had hooks that made you the next Satoshi!

Naw. Don't fall for this. I'd bet that at best this is a wasted effort with the above link

or more likely after all this time, it is newbie malware phishing.

Meh!

Brad

The real Satoshi (or part of his group of Satoshi's and Nasakioto's are in the GM)

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 04:05:50 PM

Offering Real Blockchain TeneBriX (TBX worth $0.04) OTC/Stellar DEX!

And, I will help you through the entire process to help yo get real TBX coins at almost half the current price while covering the fees of trade/withdrawal to your TBX wallet myself. I will help you the entire way through, from getting through the exchange process, to setting up a working Tenebrix wallet on your computer and storing the actual blockchain coins you can buy and store safely until they reach a new ATH (December 2011, btc-e price was 0.008 BTC per 1 TBX! - Today, this rare and only available OTC coin still holds $0.04 USD value even though it hasn't made its way back to traditional web exchanges thanks to its listing on Stellar DEX and the efforts of the founders of the first altcoins since 2011 as a part of their treasuries system!).

TENEBRIX, still alive, for a reason  Cool

As markm has mentioned TBX is still very much alive and a mineable chain. I've been able to focus solely on mining TBX coins for about two months now and have Tenebrix (TBX) blockchain coins for sale OTC.

We have a nice tool in the Galactic Milieu where you can see actual TBX current rates in USD and relative to other coins in our treasury backed system that markm created and has logged and updated since 2011. More coins have been added over time to the point where around 39 coins (some of the most ancient and secure, along with the first and second scrypt algorithm coins before the third "Litecoin (LTC)" are a part - an alive!

Once on btc-e exchange back in 2011/2012, TBX peaked at a rate of 0.008 BTC per TBX coin. These early days of Bitcoin trading are still relevant because TBX lives in in many ways, through Litecoin's original source code which took much from Tenebrix, but also through all scrypt alts as it invented the use of scrypt on top of Bitcoin's SHA-256 algorithm and pioneered in September 2011, shortly after SHA-256 GeistGeld (then GG, GEG, and now XGG) pioneered 15-6 second blocktimes - and as a result GeistGeld also lives on in the basket of Galactic Milieu currencies which are constantly updated by markm (co-founder/creator of Devcoin, Groupcoin, and our legendary project leader active since 2011 on Bitcointalk, but in cryptocurrency and building up the buyside of coins time and time again in public cryptocoin projects longer than anyone in the game as a market maker and issuer of tokens to use blockchain coins off-chain long before Wrapped BTC, atomic swapping, and even Ethereum smart contracts. MarkM has been using smart contracts, backing tokens issued on other platforms like Open Transactions server and Horizon Platform, now Stellar DEX with a consistent system of issuing only 50% tokens of what he has frozen and racking up confirmations of the oldest mined blockchain coins (DVC, I0C, IXC, TBX, FBX, and others) since 2011 - never having to be dug up as he issues another 50% of tokens in the same basket for your own deposits of coins if you choose to onboard your own to receive tokens to trade on these platforms.

TBX can be onboarded to Stellar DEX and HORIZON this very day where you can trade it for profit for many coins and digital assets available on each platform. Stellar being the easiest, its DEX you will get TBX tokens and possibly other tokens of equal value to the other 50% of TBX deposited if you choose to onboard them through MarkM over the counter in a simple process I explained months ago on Steemit:

That means if need be, you can find a way to use these coins and STELLAR's DEX to "cash out" these ancient coins by getting their tokens from mark and trading them in markets for other tokens or even XLM (which is liquid everywhere and can be sent right to coinbase for $USD if you so please - you're making $$$$ off a "dead coin" because markm and I keep the chain alive and well - long after it was copied into Litecoin's original source code, and Fairbrix, which @coblee used to develop for a few weeks himself - then abandoned for LTC. If you look at the rate file, you will see rates of LTC, FBX, TBX, as well as BTC, other ancient MERGE MINED since 2011 coins with Bitcoin blockchain (thus very secure) - are a part of this massive basket of crypto coins that back eachother and thus, have enough rates to move on to the tool @Traxo (devcoin A-team developer) made to easily calculate these coins values in USD, XLM, QORT, STEEM, and other additional currencies prices. That is how TBX/USD can be found at current value (11/7/2020) of $0.04 USD. Not bad for a dead coin, and a good coin to trade tokens for after acquiring them OTC from me if you choose to onboard them to STELLAR DEX for trading through the method described in my past tutorial. From there you can go get Stellar DEX BTC, XLM, etc. using places like Interstellar.Exchange so that your wallet can then easily and automatically send out XLM or even BTC guaranteed 1:1 min when you withdraw real blockchain BTC from your Stellar Wallet using Interstellar.Exchange's site to a place like Coinbase where it is easily dealt for fiat profits ("cash out") or even to other traditional web exchanges like http://freiexchange.com where one can use BTC to buy other coins of the Galactic Milieu for withdrawl directly to their actual coin wallets OR, buy other alts with BTC on nearly ever web exchange after trading practically feeless on Stellar DEX from TBX to XLM/BTC/LTC/etc and then getting whatever web exchange offered altcoins for your XLM BTC LTC you bought without annoying amounts of fees for typical transfers between Coinbase withdrawls, exchange trading fees without going through Stellar, or without trading your BTC for a coin OTC like TBX where you get $0.04 USD in value on such a DEX but possibly buy OTC from me at a bargain price once you onboard your BTC purchase to Interstellar.Exchange for BTC (or LTC, XLM etc) and I offer you a rate of ~half that ($0.02 USD per TBX or half what you'd pay in BTC tokens to where you can trade these TBX for XLM at full $0.04 USD price relative to XLM and then take twice as much $$$ to other places than you entered the Interstellar platform with).

Complicated? Not really, just read slow. You can also send me an offer and we could exchange directly without exchange fees wallet to wallet, but that's risk on my side and yours - how would I know you would send me the coins and you'd need a TBX coin wallet, whereas if you bought my tokens I list on stellar by depositing BTC to your Interstellar.Exchange wallet and used BTC tokens to buy from one of my sell orders I would list right before our trade, you would be able to then do it in a secure fashion requiring no trust between either of us because the Stellar DEX handles the buying and selling.

Send me a private message on bitcointalk.org if you're interested. 1 TBX = $0.04 based on the devcoin and Galactic Milieu developers rates and calculator tools - MarkM's rates can be found at: http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc - a tool using markm's rates (treasuries system) was created in the past year by Devcoin's developer Traxo: https://latestrates.traxo.me/?from=TBX&to=USD
**using this can help you find the rate of any of these coins against any other coin or "s"+(cointicker) "share" that MarkM uses to back coin values as a part of his entire gaming ecosystem of treasures where shares and coins from blockchain back the most ancient of coins to create a true OTC value which people use to trade off-chain and off-exchanges without third parties - as well for the eventual correct pricing of these coins as the next wave of FOMO leads to people preferring the use of DEX's and wallet to wallet trading with coins in their custody as opposed to exchanges that get hacked and take all of your crypto because you put it in their wallets! Stellar DEX is easy to use and makes it so you don't have to escrow your coins using a third party, all you have to do in find an offer, buy with your coins, and both wallets swap currencies/tokens just like that.

MarkM's descriptions of his Stellar DEX and Horizon Platform listings representing these coins he froze and issued tokens on the dex order books for are at (choose stellar as its easier and quicker to deal with): http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar

Lastly, using latest blockchain data for DVC (txoutset info for circulating DVC), Blockchain.info BTC prices (current), and correct calculations of markm's most recent latest rates and the addition of other devcoin project related coins that have been integrated and their prices (DevSTEEM = why Steemit is part of calc, an OTC campaign where STEEM and SBD were bought and sold with/for blockchain coin DVC in 2018/19 - or Traxo's Qortal (Q0RT) project - and over course XLM rates) a calculator that has been showing ever increasing rates of our treasury basket currencies which support all coins listed at latest rates especially DVC give a current idea how much each coin is worth in a more accurate manner than spot exchange prices (as in 1 sat per DVC where our 3.5 sat per DVC value is backed by correct rates from our OTC and DEX trading as well as more data than just "what someone bought DVC for last on FreiExchange). RATE CALC:

https://latestrates.traxo.me/?from=TBX&to=USD

For TBX a fair price would be ~$0.03 and using the calculator I can definitely offer quite a bit for a coin of your choosing (even BTC or LTC onboarded to Stellar if you wish). Buy more and I'll knock my price to $0.0275 USD per TBX). Last listed on btc-e in 2011, TBX had a nice run to ATH of 0.008 BTC (Bitcoin) per TBX. Wink - perhaps after the truth of abstract fake news hack situations (imo imo relax) come out with Mt. Gox deadline for payouts to "victims" come this winter as well as the clearing of former btc-e.com "owner/exec" who is being accused of the "Mt. Gox" hack are cleared, revealed as a ruse, etc. TBX and other precursors with the original IP for each cryptocoin that spawned successful coins that used the original ideas of their predecessors to become popular and valued in USD will kickback to those of us without jobs at Google and Coinbase. Perhaps. Fair is fair, kickback may come. That is why I'm offering a small small percentage of my TBX at a fair discount to give people a chance to purchase and extract real coins to a Tenebrix Wallet for a later date =P Join our token verse, its fun at the very least. Tenebrix TBX web archive run to 0.008 BTC per 1 TBX from November 2011:

http://web.archive.org/web/20111012162150/https://btc-e.com/tbx_exchanger

Code:
Final notes....

Some info on Tenebrix, forked from MultiCoin (an alternate Bitcoin implementation! ;)), and implemented the Scrypt PoW algorithm to encourage CPU mining and GPU hostility - for the FIRST time. Charlie Lee helped develop its clone without a premine called "Fairbrix" - however the coin was merely TBX without a premine. Remember he did not create the Fairbrix fork first of Tenebrix (itself based off sacarlson's Multicoin, with the same premine as GeistGeld - a success at the time, forked off an experimental branch of MultiCoin by sacarlson - also an alternate Bitcoin implementation). That being said to say "Litecoin" came as a new fork off "Bitcoin" is smoke and mirrors. All of the first three scrypt coins are Bitcoin forks/clones/mods of the Bitcoin codebase. In fact, Tenebrix was using its premine for good reason. 7.7 M TBX of a 21,000,000 TBX max supply were premined to create anonymity for those who saught privacy for the coins they mined or bought at exchanges in the pioneer of coin mixing services. The same services that are praised today in privacy coins of the modern era. It's also important to premine because it funds the building of infastructure - which is why the clone of Tenebrix without one which coblee later abandoned and locked "the second implmentation or restarted after 1 day version of Fairbrix (FBX)" seemingly failed out of the gate and Lee started fresh with Litecoin weeks later. Litecoin with its ties to Lee, who was then a Google employee but also invested in BTC, and later joined Coinbase is the most popular Scrypt POW coin, but hardly CPU mineable or GPU hostile. The old-litecoin and current litecoin codebase repositories on github may lead to answers why. But the foundation of LTC itself owes its success back to the original - and I am certain that could be the very reason Tenebrix wallets still run smoothly, mine coins, and remain a nice under the radar pickup to this day. See for some below this box

https://cointelegraph.com/magazine/2020/07/23/journeys-in-blockchain-charlie-lee-litecoin-foundation

Takeaways
Premine = infrastructure and innovative ideas (coinmixing for one - not "money laundering" = privacy).

castonrecovery

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 23, 2021, 11:03:41 AM

Hello,

What is the current market for tenebrix? I have a bag of 80k from back in the day and I would love to exchange them with another collector.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 08:22:08 AM

Hello,

What is the current market for tenebrix? I have a bag of 80k from back in the day and I would love to exchange them with another collector.

Stellar DEX.

https://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/tbx/

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2021, 03:22:50 AM

Hello,

You ever keep going with Devcoin??

Ive Gone Parabolic

Activity: 179
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 11:28:22 PM

Actually this coin is still alive and is in use in the Galactic Milieu which in turn means you can trade it on the HORIZON and Stellar platforms, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/

For historic tables and plots of relative values see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Galactic Milieu sounds like a conspiracist eyrie and then its a no wonder why people pass by it and nobody stops by to check its future-rich belly. Coz Stellar just announced they are merging with Doge to create the Shiba Inu fork to allow for traffic through the jugular passage of the mutant-blockchain, the product of the merge. And this is for a reason. Stellar team are illuminati based in Shanghai and having connections with Dogecists.
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2022, 04:22:19 AM

Tenebrix is past block 500000 now at 501722 block(s). Exporting my txns I can see every hash since I began generating blocks (processing infrequent sends btw myself to others and to myself). There's not much to look at with Tenebrix's GUI on Windows. But it works between transfers and connecting to peers on Linux from my Windows PC. And you never know where the distribution and blockchain that is truly stealth and continuously running since it launched can go on the p2p network. One fun prediction? This is a chain of transactions being recording to blockchain in a text type message that Tenebrix (by choosing scrypt) software can keep logging in its ledger and be able to pull up any hashed tx or block from the beginning of its existence as a network. You never know if your other "peer" is a super powerful pool or corporation masquerading and consolidating all its power into one user. But with Tenebrix, being stealth (literally means it thrives in the shadows) - we may be securing space for a network that interacts in places we don't even know. I highly recommend participating. Gamefi will be great for Tenebrix. AS will scrypt secure measures against attackers who can't attack with more power - Scrypt's orig use was for creating an Online backup database service. So its memory intensive, but it isn't too hard to handle for processors since 2017 that I use.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2022, 07:58:02 AM

Yeah I'm not selling any of this. We've got ourselves the path to whoever lolcust was taking CPU cycles from Smiley

https://twitter.com/777mellon/status/1561622097847324674

Swedes. With 23 studios across the globe. And latest roots in Facebook thanks to 6waves - check it out #7777 TBX to the metaverse moon!

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2022, 09:44:41 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2022, 01:35:06 PM by realdantreccia

btw @__artforz__ is back privately on Twtter with a new Tenebrix avatar Smiley

If you ask me, we're at the STILLFRONT of this  Group since inception of small microbit pmt attachments in p2e type cliserver games later integrating micropayments without triggering DDOS. God Bless Tenebrix. Welcome back Art!

https://twitter.com/__artforz__

EDIT: claims is not ArtForz. Just some tribute band. I guess.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]
  Print  

Jump to: