Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

Understatement of the Year

BFL  Legitimate? Soft scam  Wink
Thanks for the laugh
BFL doesn't steal money directly, they do appear to eventually deliver stuff, just very very late, overpriced and shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psycho-pass

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:29:50 AM

bitmine ontime: delayed

They're currently 'No (yet)', because not only are they late but they've also never delivered anything before this series.

then: no(delayed)   the delivery date was 16 dec 13 + psu problems + heat problems ......and so on....... and here we are.... Smiley

BFL doesn't steal money directly, they do appear to eventually deliver stuff, just very very late, overpriced and shit.

and you call that soft?? ha !!!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

bitmine ontime: delayed

They're currently 'No (yet)', because not only are they late but they've also never delivered anything before this series.

then: no(delayed)   the delivery date was 16 dec 13 + psu problems + heat problems ......and so on....... and here we are.... Smiley

and you call that soft?? ha !!!

They have no to delivered on time already.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:33:56 AM

IMO any company that took money for products they reasonably should have known would not be delivered in time to be profitable, while at the same time lying about their ability to deliver should be labeled as scams. That includes HF and BFL.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:19:57 AM

IMO any company that took money for products they reasonably should have known would not be delivered in time to be profitable, while at the same time lying about their ability to deliver should be labeled as scams. That includes HF and BFL.
Profitability isn't debateable as a scam, in the same way a $2000 handbag is knowingly sold that its not worth $2000. If you have evidence to suggest HF delayed deliberately or made misleading statements that were foiled on purpose and NOT by mistakes, then they can be reviewed.

BFL may go down in the next cycle.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:41:33 PM

Nice thread - thank you! Would you consider adding a column along the lines of "product(s) available now"? My ant is lonely and I'm having trouble finding company for it. My BFL LS power brick bricked recently so it's headed for the scrapheap soon. My eruptors look like souvenirs of another era. What's actually available to ship from stock? - you seem to be a guy who would know.     Smiley
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

Nice thread - thank you! Would you consider adding a column along the lines of "product(s) available now"? My ant is lonely and I'm having trouble finding company for it. My BFL LS power brick bricked recently so it's headed for the scrapheap soon. My eruptors look like souvenirs of another era. What's actually available to ship from stock? - you seem to be a guy who would know.     Smiley

If your ant is lonely why not adopt it a brother ant or sister ant?

BITMAIN S1 Antminer sales are open today.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:04:30 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 01:51:28 AM by aigeezer

Nice thread - thank you! Would you consider adding a column along the lines of "product(s) available now"? My ant is lonely and I'm having trouble finding company for it. My BFL LS power brick bricked recently so it's headed for the scrapheap soon. My eruptors look like souvenirs of another era. What's actually available to ship from stock? - you seem to be a guy who would know.     Smiley

If your ant is lonely why not adopt it a brother ant or sister ant?

BITMAIN S1 Antminer sales are open today.

Wow - you're right. Just yesterday it said "out of stock" - the Feb. 28 window seemed to be closed. Thanks!

Edit: Got one. Wouldn't have known they were back in stock if it weren't for your post. Thanks again.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

That's a good point, I'll with add a column for any 'in stock' or <2 week order systems. Also going to be working with fctaichi to get the mining revenue predictions from preorder thread going again, so might be integrated with this.

Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:34:52 PM

That's a good point, I'll with add a column for any 'in stock' or <2 week order systems. Also going to be working with fctaichi to get the mining revenue predictions from preorder thread going again, so might be integrated with this.

Be careful with "<2 week order systems" a thou shall not be named soft scammer has coined something in that line many a fold.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:41:43 PM

Be careful with "<2 week order systems" a thou shall not be named soft scammer has coined something in that line many a fold.
BFL still isn't <2 week order system, that's "order 9 months ago but it will arrive in 2 weeks".

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:20:45 PM

Changelog 2014.02.19
  • Optimised for 1080p.
  • Increased readability
  • New rating system from A-F.
  • Rating criteria added
  • Criteria for promotion added [to be integrated]
  • Company movements as below as below
  • Lightning ASIC added

Company changes:
ASICMiner set    A+
Bitmain set    A. Promoted to A+ on continued good delivery times until March 15.
Bitfury set    A. Promoted to A+ if next generation is offered without preorder (delivery not required for promotion).
CoinTerra set    B+. Demoted to B as delivered products are not achieving hash rate (okay), but they are not compensating as of yet (not okay). Back to B+ if customers are compensated.
KNCMiner set    A. Demoted to B+ as Neptunes still not delivered, and refunds are coming up short. They're now making so much money with their private farm they don't need to care about the community. Promotion to A if refund issues are sorted out.
Black Arrow set B+. Demoted to B. Promotion to B+ if there are no more (new) issues until March 8.
Avalon set      B. Promoted to B+ due to successful delivery on new miner. Promotion to A if no issues until March 15.
HashFast set   C+. Promoted to B due to continued engagement in fixing issues. Promotion to B+ if no new issues until March 8.
AMT set       C. Promoted to B on delivery of first orders.
BitMine set      C. Promoted to C+ due to Zefir's involvement. Promotion to B on delivery of first orders.
VMC set         B. Demoted to E, refunds are being refused [ignored] and no products on the horizon. Potentially a scam. Promotion to D if refunds begin to be resolved.
BFL set       Z-. Promoted to F- if they give themselves into the authorities, or at least make an ATTEMPT to undo their wrongs.
Lightning ASIC added and set C. Promotion to B once more units are delivered successfully.

Drillbit set    B. Promotion to B+ if no issues until March 8.
Redhash set    B. Promotion to B+ if no issues until March 8.
Technobit set   B. Promotion to B+ if no issues until March 1.
Big Picture Mining set C+. Promotion to B if replacement units appear in the wild.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:49:56 PM

Haha just noticed the Z- for BFL and E for VMC.

Keep up the good work Dogie!   Cheesy

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:19:33 PM

Haha just noticed the Z- for BFL and E for VMC.

Keep up the good work Dogie!   Cheesy
Thanks Smiley

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:37:51 AM

Thank you so much for a thorough analysis of all the mining companies out there, having tried to do the same, you're pretty spot on. You have literally cut out 90% of the bitching that goes on in each individual manufacturer thread.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:26:34 AM

Great summary, thanks Dogie!

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:44:22 AM

thanks... this is good thread..
hope will sticky

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:35:17 AM

This is nice i was wondering about this and i didnt have time to search the forum. This is very good to have all in one place.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully it will get stickied.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:48:05 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 11:15:47 PM by minerpart

Hi Dogie,

I admire your work here it is potentially a good resource. But as an investor in the parent company of VMC I am interested as to where you get this information from:

'VMC set         B. Demoted to E, refunds are being refused [ignored] and no products on the horizon. Potentially a scam. Promotion to D if refunds begin to be resolved.'

I would like to point out that according to the CEO of VMC currently there are two chips in production, one a full-custom 55nm has been taped out and is being fabbed by UMC for bulk reel sale and for miners. These 55nm chips have in the past week been listed for pre-order on the VMC website where full specs have also been stated:
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=35&controller=product

The other chip in production is a 28nm full-custom and has been given over to a vendor with tape-out expected in 8 weeks.  The chip will be used in a PCI card, it will be 'air cooled and use a double slot.  The estimate speed of the new card will be 432 GH/s and will be listed at $1499.00.'.

I could understand you saying that VMC product has been delayed but to say there is 'none on the horizon' seems factually incorrect to me.

As to the refunds being ignored I have no information on that, can you say how many people have reported that to you and out of that number how many have shown you evidence of their order? I only ask because the company is plagued by Trolls some of who have previously lied about having orders, having machines, having refunds refused etc.

Regards,
minerpart

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: