Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who believes in HODLING?  (Read 3983 times)
ash_waz (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

Passionate learner and writer

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:03:11 AM

Hello people!

Was looking at CMC and was wondering few years down the line what we will be able to see in this list and how long it will be?

Reality is we are very early in this industry and the pace at which projects are coming up and the technology is changing does anyone believe in HODLING cryptos anything other than Bitcoin and Ethereum?

I feel it's a buzz word used to create a FOMO effect
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:22:58 AM

Hello people!

Was looking at CMC and was wondering few years down the line what we will be able to see in this list and how long it will be?

Reality is we are very early in this industry and the pace at which projects are coming up and the technology is changing does anyone believe in HODLING cryptos anything other than Bitcoin and Ethereum?

HODLING is for the coin the you have bought at the tip and not for what you bought at the top. It is more wiser to cut your losses before it can go lower than that.
denisaardelean

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:43:56 AM

Hello people!

You can see that bitcoin and altcoin prices are falling very deep and many coin tops are at very low prices, I think this is the right time to buy and hold long term, the market is showing signs of recovery. And these are very good signals for hold. You should have a specific investment plan to divide the capital to invest in each wave in case bitcoin prices continue to decline may be DCA.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:54:38 AM

Yes, some of the ICO and alt got big potential in the future, and some really pay attention to advertise their products, I found quite many project that offered a great feature, but of course it need a long time to make profit, nowadays crypto is not only about bitcoin or eth, but there are tons of project that can possibly become big in the future
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:58:52 AM

I believe in the holding only because that is the safest way to look at your investment and grow it systematically. Unlike trading, gambling and lending stuff it is far far easier to HODL and earn profits over.
The reality is, with HODL we actual indirectly support the project by keeping the funds reserved for the development of its project. As they keep developing themselves we get our investment valued with the time. So time is very much important aspect here and it will always help us get more out of the crypto. So yeah, go and HODL.  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:32:29 AM

does anyone believe in HODLING cryptos anything other than Bitcoin and Ethereum?
It depends on the coin. Some may have a good future (for example those with utility value), but not many. The only coin I'm sure that has a guaranteed future is Bitcoin. Even Ethereum can fail tomorrow. Suppose one of these competing new coins (the ones where you can run smart contracts on) turns out to be better than Ethereum, what do you think will happen? The ICOs will migrate to the competitor and if you HODL ETH suddenly you have a huge problem. The only safe coin for long term HODLers is BTC.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:36:57 AM

it depends on what you are holding. for example you can hold gold or you can hold grains of salt. guess which one gives you a better profit?

and that is the problem with the new wave of investors these days. they come in, see a large wave of advertisement telling them how this altcoin and that altcoin is good and has good future so they end up buying them and holding them. eventually they all lose money.
you said Coinmarketcap. try finding the snapshots of it for a couple of years ago. there were a bunch of other altcoins on top which people thought are going to change the world and make them rich. they don't exist even among top 20 today!

Only Bitcoin
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:41:12 AM

According to crypto:

Its NASDAQ and famus net bubble on 1m candles. I think crypto marketcap will look the same in next 10-20 years. Currently we are way beafore top but also way abowe bottom made after reaching top. In my opinion market will jump x10-20 and than drop 95% leaving 10-40 coins. Thats makes holding extreamly dangerous (currently nasdaq is higher than during net bubble but mostly on companies that wasnt pumped that much during bubble). Hodling has also lots of other risks - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456137.msg39881422#msg39881422 - here i described them.

spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:49:16 AM

Actually almost 90% traders, especially newcomers use holding because they did mistake and now have to do so. And in the current situation this is the only correct solution. As we can see on the above message, we only in the beginning. In this market wins only the one who has enough patience.
cruso

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

Holding is the way forward. I spend my coins only If I have to. However, that said it is easier to achieve 100% profit via some dirt cheap altcoins.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:55:50 AM

Actually almost 90% traders, especially newcomers use holding because they did mistake and now have to do so. And in the current situation this is the only correct solution. As we can see on the above message, we only in the beginning. In this market wins only the one who has enough patience.

Holding the best during bear market? ... and the best in situation where traders are trying to calculate where is the top of bubble (now or in nex year - two). Hodling is extremly dangerous in current market... Only correct solution sims to be daytrading - you know risk, you manage it, you calculate it, you take it. In holding in current market you dont know risk, you cant calculate it you only hope that you wont be scamed by coin that you choise and that market will apprciete it in market price.

Middle term trading seems to be ok now - buy now and sell in 1-2 months because current prices are oversold in middle term in my opinion.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 11:04:08 AM

Who work in this online industry and who know very well about cryptocurrency those people always believe in Holding but who don’t know about cryptocurrency and in this online industry who is newbie those people don’t believe in holding, If any newbie buy some altcoin and couple of days later if coin price is not pumped they sell his coin because they don’t have a patient. I always believe in Holding because holding is a very safe investment.
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:07:43 AM

I have been holding coins for any kind of alts but now I just got a little in love so I sometimes lose my money when I hold a coin. I have fallen on the market price of all the alts it will be damned They also include their prices.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:07:57 AM

Hello people!

Maybe some people will think im out of my mind , but i hold only low marketcap tokens , like Hive Project , insurePal , Beluga and many others . I dont hold ETH , BTC or any other top10 token/coin . I know if i was holding BTC/ETH instead of my tokens i would have more value to my bag . But sometimes small marketcap token/coin can shoot up like x100 and even more . Thats what im aiming for and then change it to BTC/ETH and then leave it for future Smiley
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:12:06 AM

Hello people!

Holding is the best thing in all the field. So many investors are holding the Fiat currency in bank because they give 6 to 7 percentage of interest in annual. But crypto investment is they give 2x or 3x raise in annual. So I prefer the crypto investment is more profit and long term holding is the right choice in crypto platform.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Rosemarie Carizo

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:21:53 AM

I am the one who believe's in holding because i am waiting my coin in the market that will have a hïgh value of price.. Thats why im holding a different kind of coin now..  Waiting my coin to the moon.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:22:05 AM

Bitcoin has always been a safe bet and will remain that.

The thing with altcoins is that they come and go based on the current cycle. The first generation altcoins have been slaughtered, literally. I am quite sure that the exact same thing will happen with the second generation altcoins, and the third, etc. Every cycle ends where one or two coins remain relevant, and the first generation altcoins have one winner, in terms of USD value, and that's Litecoin. Litecoin's Bitcoin ratio has been a very bad performer.

I'm curious to see if Ethereum will end up being the winner of the second altcoin cycle, which seems to be the case, but let's not take it for granted yet.
YesJP

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

HODL don't be impatient trying to gain money fast, in that way you're going to loose money
arjen18

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:23:12 PM

In this bloody market now you have no choice you need to hold for me holding is the best way in this world and be patient also .
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:25:57 PM

Hello people!

Holding bitcoin and eth are really worth it and some coins that has potential in the future. They are really worth it since we experienced pump last year I think they will soon go up again much more than that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: