Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:43:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][exchange] alcurex v2.0.1  (Read 152614 times)
oldblue

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:09:56 AM

PotCoin - POT would be a good choice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/bitcoins-drugs-dopecoin-potcoin_n_4980749.html
Rednocker

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:03:59 AM

Hi guys,

I've compiled all the information released so far by MCR and halibit into a single FAQ on the alcurex subreddit. If you've been keeping up to date with the forum then there's probably nothing there that you haven't seen before but i'll be updating it regularly. Check it out here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/alcurex/comments/20ys2x/faq_all_the_current_available_information_with/

Thanks,
https://twitter.com/alcurEX

Great work!  Grin
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:40:20 PM

I know there is many more potential coins which are not in votelist and every day there come few more.
But I can't update list, middle of the voting.
When we have new wote round, we can add more coins sure.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

I wonder what would be the cost to insure our deposit? I was reading about Xapo.com online vault. They claim to be very secure (of course, like every other business!) but to truly inspire confidence, the bitcoins are insured. The annual cost to use the vault is 0.12%, but this include a full insurance. " The insurance is provided at no charge to Vault users and covers all incidents that are not caused by you. For example, the insurance covers attacks by hackers, theft by a Xapo employee, a break-in at the physical vault location, and our bankruptcy. In this event, any bitcoins you lose will be replaced by Xapo. "

May-be I am missing something there, but how could they reimburse anything in case of bankruptcy ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:46:20 PM

Please dont add any copy/paste coins!! This includes any country coins, coins that dont have a team behind, dying coins etc etc.

Focus on innovating/older coins like:

DRK - Darkcoin
ANC - Anoncoin
PPC - Peercoin
NVC - Novacoin
BTC - Bitcoin
LTC - Litecoin
CGB - Cryptogenic Bullion
MYR - Myriad
BC - BlackCoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
Doge - Dogecoin
XRP - Ripple
NMC - Namecoin
NXT - NXT
XPM - Primecoin
VTC - Vertcoin
GRC - GridCoin

Please leave all dump coin far far away from your exchange and dont try to be a copycat of craptsy.

Can you please tell me more about:
Novacoin, Cryptogenic Bullion, Myriad, Fluttercoin, ?

Sure.

Novacoin has a good marketcap and is a established coin. Cryptogenic Bullion is mostly PoS now so energy efficient, low inflation and has a proper team finally. Myriad is the first coin that does 5 different algorythms and Fluttercoin is the first coin that does Proof of Block (PoB)
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:05:39 PM

I wonder what would be the cost to insure our deposit? I was reading about Xapo.com online vault. They claim to be very secure (of course, like every other business!) but to truly inspire confidence, the bitcoins are insured. The annual cost to use the vault is 0.12%, but this include a full insurance. " The insurance is provided at no charge to Vault users and covers all incidents that are not caused by you. For example, the insurance covers attacks by hackers, theft by a Xapo employee, a break-in at the physical vault location, and our bankruptcy. In this event, any bitcoins you lose will be replaced by Xapo. "

May-be I am missing something there, but how could they reimburse anything in case of bankruptcy ?
They can't.
But this is great consept.
we can make insurance buffer based example with $, €, gold, silver, BTC, real estate.
But first we need more capital and start running  Wink
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:27:56 PM

Please dont add any copy/paste coins!! This includes any country coins, coins that dont have a team behind, dying coins etc etc.

Focus on innovating/older coins like:

DRK - Darkcoin
ANC - Anoncoin
PPC - Peercoin
NVC - Novacoin
BTC - Bitcoin
LTC - Litecoin
CGB - Cryptogenic Bullion
MYR - Myriad
BC - BlackCoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
Doge - Dogecoin
XRP - Ripple
NMC - Namecoin
NXT - NXT
XPM - Primecoin
VTC - Vertcoin
GRC - GridCoin

Please leave all dump coin far far away from your exchange and dont try to be a copycat of craptsy.

Can you please tell me more about:
Novacoin, Cryptogenic Bullion, Myriad, Fluttercoin, ?

Sure.

Novacoin has a good marketcap and is a established coin. Cryptogenic Bullion is mostly PoS now so energy efficient, low inflation and has a proper team finally. Myriad is the first coin that does 5 different algorythms and Fluttercoin is the first coin that does Proof of Block (PoB)

Novacoin has been below 50k a day for a long time, and all new coins keeps coming up on top of it.
Blackoin, peercoin, and mintcoin are the top 3 POS, i don't think there is a need for top 4
myriad - different algo is not so innovative, and the concept is not so good to me. not KISS
Fluttercoin - PoB does not make sense to me, i am sure it will not make sense to most people as well. not KISS

Thats my opinion about them.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
WutriCoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:07:27 PM

Has anyone seen this?

Alcurex on BitcoinStarter

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/649
Vitalogy

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:53:42 PM

They can't.
But this is great consept.
we can make insurance buffer based example with $, €, gold, silver, BTC, real estate.
But first we need more capital and start running  Wink
Actually they are insured by an independant insurance group: Meridian Insurance.

I guess there still the possibility that the admin. claim the insurance and run away with the money before he redistribute it to the users. On the other hand, before they get insured, I'm pretty sure that Meridian audited Xapo to be sure they respect high standards. That's why this inspired confidence to me.
Vitalogy

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:26:32 AM

We don't know much about Coinaaa yet but they look serious. I keep an eye on this new coin.
http://www.coinaaa.com/
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:29:32 AM

We don't know much about Coinaaa yet but they look serious. I keep an eye on this new coin.
http://www.coinaaa.com/
looks empty

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:31:35 AM

Has anyone seen this?

what the heck? theyre only goal is 3 BTC and we gave em 70 BTC  Cheesy

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
blueangel01

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:51:21 AM

Has anyone seen this?

I would like to hear what Alcurex have to say about this.

I am done voting. Yes to 13 and No to most, i did not vote to some - will let people decide on them.

MCR (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:54:13 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:49:22 AM by MCR

Has anyone seen this?

I would like to hear what Alcurex have to say about this.

I am done voting. Yes to 13 and No to most, i did not vote to some - will let people decide on them.

BitcoinStarter is a scam site, or is some one here made this?
I'm not list alcurEX in BitcoinStarter.

alcurEX is listed only in cryptostocks.com
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:34:41 AM

[/quote]
[b]BitcoinStarter is a scam site, or is some one here made this?

[/b]
[/quote]

Shocked

Say it loud on page 1 / Cryptostocks ( to avoid problems).

Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:53:34 AM

[b]BitcoinStarter is a scam site, or is some one here made this?

[/b]
[/quote]

Shocked

Say it loud on page 1 / Cryptostocks ( to avoid problems).

[/quote]

Yes, would be a good idea anyway to bring the information in the OP here current.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

@MCR if the bitstarter listing is not from your team, put a disclaimer in the OP.
Better safe than sorry.

Is that listing actually an exchange too?
My browser is giving me certificate warnings, i did not go ahead to check that listing.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
blueangel01

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

@MCR if the bitstarter listing is not from your team, put a disclaimer in the OP.
Better safe than sorry.

Is that listing actually an exchange too?
My browser is giving me certificate warnings, i did not go ahead to check that listing.

It is a kickstarter style.

0.1 btc free trading forever

0.5 btc - 400 common shares.

Good news is that so far nobody put money on it.

blueangel01

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:13:33 PM

Here is my list for great innovations in crypto currencies...

1) Bitcoin ---------------- This is the genesis... all stems from here.

2) Namecoin ------------  This is the first coin to show the blockchain can be used for other things distributed.

3) Litecoin --------------   This coin was an attempt to put fairness back into distribution via being an ASIC killer. Scrypt.

4) Peercoin -------------   This coin introduces Proof of Stake as a method for creating new coins. Reduces energy consumption. ( Sunny King coin )

5) Primecoin ------------   This coin is a proof of concept for showing that POW can be 'useful' in some way. ( Finding prime number chains ) It also introduces a variable block reward based on difficulty. Thats two innovations in one coin! ( Sunny King is a genius IMHO )

6) Protoshares ----------   This coin is an interesting idea.. uses yet another POW ( asic/gpu killer attempt ) but it also introduces the idea that a coin can sort of be a 'share' of future projects.... a kind of IPO coin... so it is on my list.

7) LuckyCoin ------------   Random Block rewards... makes it kind of 'fun' for miners.... leads up to:

Cool DogeCoin -------------   Hype/meme coin. Nothing new here except proof the public likes marketing... variable blocks.. many coins adds liquidity. People are willing to part with Doge to gamble, play games, etc...

Now the last interesting coins...

10) Ripple ----- The first 100 percent premined coin.. Means to be a payment network rather than a 'coin' per se. They have issues with distribution IMHO.

11) NXT-------     Similar to Ripple, however they had people buy in with Bitcoin. The distribution was based on 'early investors' and as such it is kind of interesting to me... requires new technology.

So..... what is PMC? Where does it fit in?

PMC is like Bitcoin technology-wise. Bitcoin is still running strong and PMC is the same thing...
PMC is NOT like Ripple in that there is no centralization/foundation controlling 70 percent of the coins.
PMC is NOT like NXT in that it was not created with angel investors.

PMC is more like Doge. We didn't innovate any technology. ( Doge didn't either ) We just challenged a basic pre-conceived notion: "Pre-Mine == Bad".

PMC pre-mined all the coins but, GAVE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM AWAY. So PMC is the first POD coin...  "Proof of Distribution". Well we don't have 'proof' unless you want to peruse the block chain... But that is what happened...

PMC is 'energy efficient'
PMC is 'scarce'
PMC is 'deflationary'
PMC can be plugged into any system that uses BTC. So it is very 'portable' from a programmers perspective.

Just keep at it... eventually it will 'win'.

I like his definition of innovation in cryptocurrency, like a skill tree.

adventz

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:11:13 AM

New stylesheet has been applied to the alcurEX subreddit. Check it out at: http://www.reddit.com/r/alcurex/

Thanks,
https://twitter.com/alcurEX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: