Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629682 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:26:44 PM

right okay, but when most (if not all) customers refunds ARE completed then what will VMC end up with? nothing! There is no sales happening because there is no product to sell. Do you really think VMC will regain customers confidence when/if they actually come up with a working miner? i don't think so.

I think anyone can sell a machine that makes money as long as they have proof. This isn't picking what type of chair to buy or something like this. This is showing X that cost W and proving that it can Produce at least $Y; for Y ≥ W. I think even Mark Karpeles can sell that right now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

right okay, but when most (if not all) customers refunds ARE completed then what will VMC end up with? nothing! There is no sales happening because there is no product to sell. Do you really think VMC will regain customers confidence when/if they actually come up with a working miner? i don't think so.

I think anyone can sell a machine that makes money as long as they have proof. This isn't picking what type of chair to buy or something like this. This is showing X that cost W and proving that it can Produce at least $Y; for Y ≥ W. I think even Mark Karpeles can sell that right now

LOL Mark Karpeles wouldn't even sell a second hand miner on a sunday car boot sale. He would be ripped apart by angry goxxers before he even parks his caravelle on the spot. Same goes with mr Ken Slaughter, his opinion was damaged and is constantly being damaged and people will remember, especially if they lost money. I am just saying, no fud here
JoTheKhan

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:45:58 PM

That's fine @st4nl3y

You are right, some people hold grudges and are emotional people. They choose with their gut than their head. Is this a bad thing? No.

But to claim everyone will think like that is pretty negligent. You forget that people are greedy, and when you wave money in their face. Some of them will take it. (Not all of them, but some of them.) We don't need every Bitcoin miner to buy ActiveMining equipment. But to claim none of them will is incorrect. Especially if there exist consistent proof for the claims of the equipment to be preordered.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:05:09 AM

2.  How many bitcoins were on MtGox and why where they there to begin with?

VMC's 453 BTC from Pre-Orders.  No Active Mining BTC was lost.

There is only one account with a balance of 453.8649    BTC in the Gox database, but it very, very likely not yours or VMC:

http://mark-karpeles.com/m.php
http://mark-karpeles.com/m.php?page=trades&user_id=203786

kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

Ken already answered this directly to Bargraphics when he visited. VMC can meet ALL refund requests and still have plenty of funds to continue development and production. Customers will line up because VMC has a good product in hand - that's it and that's all, man.

Sit tight. Next week will be a DUZY.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
JoTheKhan

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:37:16 AM

Ken already answered this directly to Bargraphics when he visited. VMC can meet ALL refund requests and still have plenty of funds to continue development and production. Customers will line up because VMC has a good product in hand - that's it and that's all, man.

@Kleeck, notice this announcement came before Ken 'claimed' to have lost 453 BTC on Mt. Gox
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:00:12 AM

@Kleeck, notice this announcement came before Ken 'claimed' to have lost 453 BTC on Mt. Gox

I wouldn't be worried about not having funds to produce a chip.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 02:12:27 AM

I agree I think everyone should just sit back and wait for the news that i know is comming, I think all the fudster and naysayers will finally be put in their place with this next announcement by Ken and I for one will be waiting for it. As I will be making an announcement of my own after Ken makes his

snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:25:28 AM

I agree I think everyone should just sit back and wait for the news that i know is comming, I think all the fudster and naysayers will finally be put in their place with this next announcement by Ken and I for one will be waiting for it. As I will be making an announcement of my own after Ken makes his
another big announcement,another dreams keep us dreaming.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:56:52 AM

It's been like that for almost 12 months  Wink  
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:05:29 PM

If ken can slap a miner together at a good price point with no pre-order or shipping delay it will sell.

Id rather pickup a miner from him than order one coming from China or UK
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:23:00 PM

this^

I really do hope the upcoming announcement will put my worries to sleep and actually prove that any progress IS being made other than fake promises.

but what actually makes you think the upcoming announcement will differ from the previous ones? is something bigger happening that i do not know about?

I have to say I am one click away from filling SEC complaint and writing this off as a loss but like i said, i still have hope, so Ken please do not disappoint us...again!
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:41:24 PM

So what's another week? :p *goes back into hiding..
renodaret

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:15:55 PM

upvote
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:31:15 PM

I have to say I am one click away from filling SEC complaint and writing this off as a loss but like i said, i still have hope, so Ken please do not disappoint us...again!

Being completely honest with you, I'm a big supporter of this company and there is no denying we've recently had 2 cancelled projects (eASIC 28nm+PASIC 55nm) and also just suffered a significant loss of company funds on MtGox. On top of that BTC is sitting at half the price it was when big plans were made, and likely 1/4 of what it should be right now (Q1) based on earlier plans. But none of that is fraud related, it's just what circumstances have thrown at us. I would never ever say this is an SEC case but I would freely admit to having concerns about where we have the ability to go to from here.

The biggest issue for us right now is the price of BTC. If it was closing in on 3k on the way to 10k by year end as many had hoped then the prospects for us would have been good. As it is, there are just no signs of a BTC recovery right now and that to me seems to have serious implications - both for our ability to raise investment funds and the demand for hardware we would see should we ever produce a miner or chip. If BTC falls further, let's say to to $300, then the cost of production of our machines could be greater than the life-time ROI of the machine. At that point we have no business.

So there are still some serious concerns. I don't think anyone should be overly expectant of the near future, we are likely still some way away from producing hardware and who knows what price BTC will be when we get there. If anyone is religious please pray for one thing - the price of BTC to climb. It would be tragic if a depressed BTC price put us out of competitive business and then two months later we saw BTC take off again. These things happen but that would be a killer to take.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:29:53 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:49:44 PM by zumzero

It doesn't really matter what side of the fence anyone is on at this stage.

One undeniable truth exists for us all, be we trolls or fanboys, and that is;  this thing is coming to a head next week whether we like it or not.

GOOD LUCK

edit:  minerpart, you should try to keep up with the news in Bitcoinland as the price will see $3000 and not $300, and that will happen before September.  My guess is the next run up will start within the month.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

the news in Bitcoinland .............My guess is

3k is not news it's a prediction. 3k in September?! You were saying 10k by year end a few months ago what happened to that?! Much of this industry is based on fairy tales - and always expecting things to get better is what kept most of us in on this investment all the way down from 0.007 to 0.0005. If you have an unreasonable expectation in your investments you will never do well because you will always hang on too long. So for your own benefit you need to start seeing things for what they actually are and not for what you are desperately hoping for.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:19:40 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 11:30:10 PM by zumzero

Never buy into the illusion that share price can be used to calculate ones worth.

How many shares do you think could have been sold at 0.007 of the 10,000,000 being traded back then?  

I still say $10,000 by years end.  Not prediction but projection.  Big difference and easy to grasp if you follow Bitcoin closely.

EDIT:  just scan reddit headlines every few days to the guage the building momentum.  Its palpable!

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:37:15 PM

"Stay away from bitcoin. It's a mirage." - Warren Buffett

Check.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:24:45 AM

Never buy into the illusion that share price can be used to calculate ones worth.

How many shares do you think could have been sold at 0.007 of the 10,000,000 being traded back then?  

I still say $10,000 by years end.  Not prediction but projection.  Big difference and easy to grasp if you follow Bitcoin closely.

EDIT:  just scan reddit headlines every few days to the guage the building momentum.  Its palpable!

The btc price will skyrocket once a few more political things pop and more bank runs, also watch for bignews from coinbase this next month.  Ken and active mining will be fine. Just all need to breath and put on our sunglasses for the supernova over the next few months. Wink

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: