Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:19:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!  (Read 225492 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:08:23 PM

Why they didn't tell to me ? I have a rights to know what happened to the coins that will deducted to my every transaction or payment.

What can you do if they told you? I guess you can't do nothing to them since they got more power than you and I dont think they are going to telling you this because it is like their own privacy that they must not break or telling it to outsider
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:25:29 AM

Why they didn't tell to me ? I have a rights to know what happened to the coins that will deducted to my every transaction or payment.

What can you do if they told you? I guess you can't do nothing to them since they got more power than you and I dont think they are going to telling you this because it is like their own privacy that they must not break or telling it to outsider
So what we can do? paying taxes to every individual transaction? And we won't even know what they are going to do with that coins? For you? its ok to pay taxes without knowing of its purposes?
fukuda

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:19:10 PM

Because they don't know what they're talking about. They probably heard about BTC when it was in full bubble $1000+ and they expect the price to be higher, they simply don't understand Bitcoin community.
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:47:47 PM

If bitcoin was dead then so would this forum be and those people wouldn't even be posting here. I think most people who claim such things are just trolls. Some are probably pissed that they missed the boat or bought in at the peak and now they can't do anything but pass the time by trolling (that's if they didn't sell their coins already and are now at a loss which would explain the hostility). Trolls just need to find better things to do because if people on here thought bitcoin was dead then they wouldn't even be here in the first place.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:58:33 PM

So what we can do? paying taxes to every individual transaction? And we won't even know what they are going to do with that coins? For you? its ok to pay taxes without knowing of its purposes?

I think everyone have their own reason why they want to pay taxes and some people wont even care about the taxes problem since they dont question

where do you get it and how much you earn a lot I think that will be ok
Dotakels

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:05:05 PM

Because they don't know what they're talking about. They probably heard about BTC when it was in full bubble $1000+ and they expect the price to be higher, they simply don't understand Bitcoin community.
Hahah they just want to raise the price so that they keep saying bitcoin is dead. To caught the sympathize of the miners or to the buyers to make or buy coins so that it price will be high.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

If one day government take a full control of bitcoin which is never done before, no matter what you do you must pay the taxes, even if you object it rules is rules you must obey it. I dont think they can take control of this bitcoin since it is annonymous but we never know what will happen to the future right so just follow the flow
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:30:22 PM

If one day government take a full control of bitcoin which is never done before, no matter what you do you must pay the taxes, even if you object it rules is rules you must obey it. I dont think they can take control of this bitcoin since it is annonymous but we never know what will happen to the future right so just follow the flow

Bitcoin is not anonymous but quite transparent.
Bitcoin itself dont have anything with paying taxes or not paying taxes. Well, it helps you pay your taxes faster and with less costs.
Since Bitcoin is decentralized noone can take full control of it.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:46:20 PM

If bitcoin was dead then so would this forum be and those people wouldn't even be posting here.

False, if it is dead, you can expect that there will be a huge rampant over this forum since this is the only place where most people discuss about BTC and nowhere else

If one day government take a full control of bitcoin which is never done before, no matter what you do you must pay the taxes, even if you object it rules is rules you must obey it.

They cant and they wouldnt. Logic is why trouble themselves with a currency that might give a danger to their own currency .

Bitcoin is not anonymous

Indeed, it is actually pseudoanonymous. Anonymous is actually a Yes though if you would compare it to traditional bank where each sender and receiver will have their real name on the transaction list, with BTC you can do it without having your real name to be revealed

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:04:48 AM

But as a user of it we can complain our suggestion and our rights. We have a rights to know what happened to the taxes that we pay. Yes we can't stop the government control the bitcoin but we can do what is right.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:22:59 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous but quite transparent.

this is actually debatable, it can be, it depend how hard you work for mixing your coins(not talking only about usual mixer, but also coinjoin, using proxy, using other alt ecc...), also dealing in real life with bitcoin, will help make it more anon
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 09:55:58 AM

But as a user of it we can complain our suggestion and our rights. We have a rights to know what happened to the taxes that we pay. Yes we can't stop the government control the bitcoin but we can do what is right.

I will state this once more again. Government cant control BTC. In short words, because each transaction of BTC cant be control by anyone else, this will make the goverment has less interest in it.

i.e Government could block your bank account, void your money transaction if they deem that you have committed a crime but with BTC the goverment could not block anything, including your wallet or void your transaction. That is what decentralized means, the most they can do is regulate BTC transaction to FIAT to get a portion of it (tax)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SOAD

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:38:15 AM

I will state this once more again. Government cant control BTC. In short words, because each transaction of BTC cant be control by anyone else, this will make the goverment has less interest in it.

i.e Government could block your bank account, void your money transaction if they deem that you have committed a crime but with BTC the goverment could not block anything, including your wallet or void your transaction. That is what decentralized means, the most they can do is regulate BTC transaction to FIAT to get a portion of it (tax)

The government can't control anything 100% but what they can do is put heavy restrictions on something and punish its use. Drugs are illegal but people still buy or use them but they can be punished for doing so and they could do the same thing with bitcoin. They could make it illegal which would threaten its use as a legit currency but people would still use it.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:42:38 PM

The government can't control anything 100% but what they can do is put heavy restrictions on something and punish its use. Drugs are illegal but people still buy or use them but they can be punished for doing so and they could do the same thing with bitcoin. They could make it illegal which would threaten its use as a legit currency but people would still use it.

then they should arrest everyone that use a pc, i don't think you can comapre drug with bitcoin, they are quite different...even if they declare it illegal you can still use it, not by dumping through exchange maybe, but for purchasin something via forum/chat

but too much restriction could damage the price really bdly, unfortunately not every government hate bitcoin
SOAD

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

then they should arrest everyone that use a pc, i don't think you can comapre drug with bitcoin, they are quite different...even if they declare it illegal you can still use it, not by dumping through exchange maybe, but for purchasin something via forum/chat

but too much restriction could damage the price really bdly, unfortunately not every government hate bitcoin

Why would they arrest everyone for using a pc? And drugs and bitcoin are perfectly comparable. Drugs shouldn't be ilegal but the governments made it a crime to use or buy and sell them. They could easily do this with bitcoin if they so chose to and I already said people would still use it and that's why it would be exactly comparable to drug prohibition.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:38:17 PM

Why would they arrest everyone for using a pc? And drugs and bitcoin are perfectly comparable. Drugs shouldn't be ilegal but the governments made it a crime to use or buy and sell them. They could easily do this with bitcoin if they so chose to and I already said people would still use it and that's why it would be exactly comparable to drug prohibition.

because pc are the instruments to use bitcoin and to setup a node, thus helping bitcoin, with the drug, you just confiscated the drug and arrest thos who used it, with bitcoin everyone can have access to it so easily it's not comparable with drug, you can't shut down every internet devices, so you can't deal with bitcoin, the Gov cannot stop it
SOAD

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:45:23 PM

because pc are the instruments to use bitcoin and to setup a node, thus helping bitcoin, with the drug, you just confiscated the drug and arrest thos who used it, with bitcoin everyone can have access to it so easily it's not comparable with drug, you can't shut down every internet devices, so you can't deal with bitcoin, the Gov cannot stop it

If you read or process what I'm saying you will see that I'm not saying they can stop it, but they can prohibit it in other ways and that's why my comparison with drugs is apt. They might not be able to stop you using bitcoin (or drugs) but they can put laws and regulations in place to make it illegal and punish you if you choose to ignore them. The gov can still steal or confiscate your bitcoins as well so it's yet again exactly comparable to drugs.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:20:00 PM

If you read or process what I'm saying you will see that I'm not saying they can stop it, but they can prohibit it in other ways and that's why my comparison with drugs is apt. They might not be able to stop you using bitcoin (or drugs) but they can put laws and regulations in place to make it illegal and punish you if you choose to ignore them. The gov can still steal or confiscate your bitcoins as well so it's yet again exactly comparable to drugs.

no it isn't, they can't confiscate it, because they need to confiscate your pc/smarthphone/trezor ecc.... understand now, why i was talking about computer? how can they stop you from running a client then? it's impossible

drug on the other hand, don't utilize an instruments like bitcoin....it's more impossible to control the usage of bitcoin in comaprison to anything else, it's not feasible at all...

this is why banning bitcoin is a complete joke, you can't do it period, the only thing is restriction(but it must be done by the entire world, not just from a random gov that hate bitcoin, otherwise it is pointless), which will damage the price and penalize the whole network, thus maybe killing it undirectly
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:14:24 PM

no it isn't, they can't confiscate it, because they need to confiscate your pc/smarthphone/trezor ecc.... understand now, why i was talking about computer? how can they stop you from running a client then? it's impossible

drug on the other hand, don't utilize an instruments like bitcoin....it's more impossible to control the usage of bitcoin in comaprison to anything else, it's not feasible at all...

this is why banning bitcoin is a complete joke, you can't do it period, the only thing is restriction(but it must be done by the entire world, not just from a random gov that hate bitcoin, otherwise it is pointless), which will damage the price and penalize the whole network, thus maybe killing it undirectly
Well they could technically pass a law to ban BTC and be able to confiscate your BTC if they catch you with BTC (example: you are going to some place and you are wearing a trezzor with you, they would be able to steal your trezzor). They could just create fear and try as hard as possible to reduce it as an underground thing.
Of course we all know this is pointless and would create an outrage, that why it's out of the question.
SOAD

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:43:45 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 03:43:39 PM by SOAD

They can't confiscate it? Tell that to Ross Ulbricht and BurtW and everyone else who had bitcoins confiscated. You really don't know what you're talking about. Just because something is on your computer or phone doesn't mean they can't take it. Drugs might be in your pocket or in your house or locked in a safe but they can still take it just like they can bitcoins. They can also just lock you up if they can't get access to the funds they know you have but you will still owe them the money one way or another. You also contradicted yourself in the last paragraph. You say they can't control it or ban it but then they might be able to kill it indirectly? This is my entire point. They don't need to shut down your computer or client or pc or internet, they can just make bitcoin illegal and prosecute any one who uses it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: