Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148686 times)
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:49:05 AM

Let me do you one for transparency. Let's play a little game. I will show you that I am who I say I am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPWXTyF9V8&t=173s

I have nothing to hide. Do you LoveandPeace2018? Show us your face or go away.

Let me add a bit of endorsement here.

The game he mentions, Turbocharged? I was involved in GAME back then. The voiceover on that game is me. Michael is legit.

Life hit me like a freight train a bit over a year ago, had to make some choices, and leaving the GAME team was one of them. I regret that choice, but I simply couldn't do it at the time. And for more transparency, I owe Nele some money. Haven't forgotten that, Nele, you'll get it eventually.

A question for you, Soundposition, is Simon no longer involved or just not doing development?

Hi Biomech,

I am so glad to see you again,lets talk soon, really sorry for your hard situation.

@varvarin,we all know how you came to FUNK community, who invited you.So please do not forget that fact.Your guys wanna takeover development?Like you done with EMC2 and Malden?Please,forget about it.

Couple of us takeover GMC and made GAME great(but every development need time and hard work).And we still work on it.

Of course Michael is legit, he is doing great job!Yes,we have developers and use case scenario, he is organizing everything with support of big holders.

Simon is to busy with ETH and UJO.

Best,

Nele

p.s Happy New year to all!!!

LoveandPeace2018

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

I'm still hanging around on vacation (or held hostage by a well overpriced hotel like I would call it) but at least I was able to have a good look into the wallet / node code. The upgrade needs to be done in 2 steps, first one to sneak in BIP65 and BIP66 as they are still following Bitcoin's isSuperMajority rule and it wouldn't be worth the effort to change those to BIP9 as well IMO. The required hard forks can take place there as well. Second, we could simply upgrade to the latest version whatever this will be but I guess Litecoin 0.14 codebase is the way to go.

I also agree that the new specifications need to be fixed and frozen before actually getting some code out in the wild. There for feel free to discuss them and get us on thinking, coding and testing ;-)

Hi Mike. After discussing everything with our devs, we have decided not to do any hard forking. The only option for a long term project is to create an ETH token, most likely using the ERC223 token standard. Right now we are working on a killer web design, and our devs are now looking directly at the project.

TSP

Hello HashUnlimited, I suggest you continue with this project, Better we get a fork of this project. This project is currently in the wrong hands. Soundposition has just been deceiving people all these while. Little spike in price was not because of development. It happens to all crypto.. I cant believe a project like this is not gaining traction when even the shittest of coin are gaining momentum presently.

Sound position have been posting about working on new website since more than 5 Months ago. If website takes a whole year to build, then working on the Coin itself will take a decade.

I joined this project because of the interesting update I got which am sure brought a lot of people too. You should not take us for granted.

Dear HashUnlimited, Please Let's fork this project and they should continue with whatever they want with this old shit.. I am so sure so many people will support you like I  did.

Yup, 'little' spike in price of 15x in a month happens to all crypto, especially to those with no ongoing development, and those with no future.

No.

Many of the unpopular coins have showed such spike!!! And seems like many more will do, just watch!!!!

Well, the code itself if I remember right is plain bitcoin protocol without any fancy stuff inside, the only issue is that KGW which is basically acting like a handbrake. The code itself can be done in a week or less.

Please don't tamper with the code. We are working hard on launching the new token.

Who cares? If a large part of the community would like to see the chain continue, why not. For the ticker change you need to pay anyways.

The team that is working on this project care a lot. The chain has continued for almost 4 years now without any tampering. We are investing a lot of time and resources into this project, and have a lot of passion and talent driving this project forward. We are paying the costs for development, marketing and spending a great deal of time on this.

I don't get it, once you are working on a new token, next time you care about the then obsolete chain. What now? New Token or old Chain?

I am not comfortable swapping all my coins, but 50% yes.
Lets start core upgrade to see which road leads to success. No hard feelings, it is a side project for all of us. And is worth nothing.

I would say, Mike go ahead and fork the chain, you have my support.

Thank you. This project is gonna be revived soon! Thanks for your supports too!
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:58:52 PM

Let me do you one for transparency. Let's play a little game. I will show you that I am who I say I am.

The game he mentions, Turbocharged? I was involved in GAME back then. The voiceover on that game is me. Michael is legit.

Life hit me like a freight train a bit over a year ago, had to make some choices, and leaving the GAME team was one of them. I regret that choice, but I simply couldn't do it at the time. And for more transparency, I owe Nele some money. Haven't forgotten that, Nele, you'll get it eventually.

A question for you, Soundposition, is Simon no longer involved or just not doing development?

Hi Biomech,

I am so glad to see you again,lets talk soon, really sorry for your hard situation.

@varvarin,we all know how you came to FUNK community, who invited you.So please do not forget that fact.Your guys wanna takeover development?Like you done with EMC2 and Malden?Please,forget about it.

Couple of us takeover GMC and made GAME great(but every development need time and hard work).And we still work on it.

Of course Michael is legit, he is doing great job!Yes,we have developers and use case scenario, he is organizing everything with support of big holders.

Best,

Nele

For common Info: I recognised that Mladen and his Clown Crew are scammers and when I also recognised that his sheeps are following him blindly, I have quit support there.

Also I do not understand why there's such a big FORK thing here as everything required to get a proper upgrade can be done by soft forking the chain and polish the wallet to latest standards, nothing to fear about.

Actually I am pretty busy with CHC atm, but maybe I could spare a day or two for the job.

Greetz
Mike
cryptoctrader

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:48:42 PM

500 four years old coins for 1 new token

and then pump FUNK once you collect them all Cheesy

That is exactly what the community may fear today!!!!

And I have already asked it once!!!!

Will the original FUNK die after the TOKEN is alive? Or there will be the original coin and the token by then?

Or some will run the orignal FUNK chain!!! While many guys go and change their coin by ETH TOKEN???

History Bites!!!!   Roll Eyes

Or will it happen like it was with MobileGO? People change their GAME by MGO, then MGO dump and GAME pump!!!!!

A hard fork in order to have both coin and token would give a better option to everyone, the current option is only good for few!!!!

soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 01:57:19 PM

The original FUNK blockchain will not cease to exist after the launch of the ETH token. There will however be an exchange cap at 50 Billion FUNK. This means that only 50 Billion FUNK supply will be able to be burned, and any new supply beyond the 50 Billion FUNK mined will not be able to be burned.

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

Although it's mostly arguments, the FUNK thread is more active than it's ever been last year  Cheesy

cryptoctrader

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

The original FUNK blockchain will not cease to exist after the launch of the ETH token. There will however be an exchange cap at 50 Billion FUNK. This means that only 50 Billion FUNK supply will be able to be burned, and any new supply beyond the 50 Billion FUNK mined will not be able to be burned.

Thx @soundposition!!! This information helps to make a better decision!!!

And besides all, I don´t see all the insatifaction here as a bad thing!!!! Actually it shows passion, and without passion the game is not worth!!!

Let FUNK rock!!!!
Miloss

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:12:49 PM

Hi Biomech,

Best,

Nele

Hello Nele,

best wishes to you and your family!
Everybody knows what we have made with Game, we don't need to comment it...
I was reading this, and I cannot sit and read anymore...
I'm a strong supporter of FUNK, it is the REAL Project not some kind of pump-it-take-money-and-run... As every Project we started in the past.
I'm a big holder and I'm sending H-U-G-E support to Michael (SoundPostition) and DEV Team.

See ya soon!
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

Alright! This gives me something to work with Cheesy

So, given that, This is what I'm thinking.

One, tokenizing a piece of it kind of makes sense, gives basically a side chain. That's a whole different animal from totally destroying the original chain.

Two, block reward. Now we get into fork territory.

My suggestions above are solid, I think, so I'll kind of do a list here. I'm willing to try to do some of this, but it would be a little at a time. Then again, there's no hurry Cheesy

1. KGW is causing problems. It's a good idea, but either the number of miners needs to get bigger and more stable, or there needs to be a modification to the wallets that can readjust diff over time. 1-2 days between blocks when some idiot turns a bunch of ASICS on for one block screws the utility of the coin. So, I would suggest leaving KGW, because it does tend to discourage the hit and run multipool market (though that is less of a problem than it was a few years ago), but adding code to an upgraded wallet that incrementally decreases the difficulty over time so that block times are never more than two hours.

2. Algorithm. Scrypt is the reason why KGW has the problem. Point one is simply a wallet upgrade, not even really a fork. It would require a mandatory upgrade and code to exclude previous versions of the wallet, so a soft fork. But hard forking the algorithm to something that is NOT vulnerable to loose cannons with large asic devices would solve the problem altogether. It IS a hard fork, but doesn't change the coin fundamentals. If we went in this direction, it would negate the need for point one. KGW would function just fine for, say, Prime or Groestl. Both are pretty CPU centric. This also helps with decentralization, especially if it's a CPU hard algo. Because frankly, if it's a cpu only coin, any wallet holder can mine and is likely to get blocks. Keeps the chain moving smoothly and spreads the wealth.

3. Accelerate the reduction of the block reward at the same time as the hard fork of the algorithm.

Why I think this would be useful:

Point one is a bandaid. It stops the chain from sticking for hours to days at a time and serves no other purpose. It's also relatively easy to do. So, I actually conceive this as multi stage. Do that first, and it solves the chain sticking for the short term. It doesn't stop people from manipulating the chain, though. I think at the moment, the sudden spikes in diff are accidental. Kids with a new toy. But a deliberate bad actor could play the system and gather the majority of the rewards by playing that game, and my "fix" would make that more true if it were left for a long term. So first, kick in a timer that reduces diff if X number of minutes have passed without a block. This buys time for more serious development.

In conjunction with your token launch, either simultaneously or within a short time, fork the chain to a CPU hard algo AND reduce the block reward. Or at least change the targeting, so it reduces FASTER. This solves the longer term supply problem. Leave the cap the same, but make the reward halving happen faster. This would actually attract miners, as they would want to hit the higher rewards while they exist, which would help to build a stable network.

And of course, promotion Cheesy Any musicians out there, talk to your friends, get 'em to get involved, take FUNK as payment, etc. I'm sure Sounposition's folk have that in mind already, given that they're building a Token.

And more immediately, start looking to get both the token and the coin on more exchanges. Nova is dead, Yobit has a coin with the same ticker, but it ain't FUNK, and who knows what's going to happen with Cryptopia. They've closed all pairs that trade FUNK with no ETA on their return. I don't think it is malicious or permanent, but it demonstrates the vulnerability of only one trade outlet.

I am considering starting a small exchange myself. I have most of the skills, if I use PEATIO, but I'm not sure I want to dedicate the time it would take. Or more to the point, I'm not sure I CAN dedicate that kind of time Tongue But if there is sufficient interest, I'll start looking more seriously at it. And of course, as a small exchange, I could do some interesting pairs Cheesy

Also, I want to point out that I am NOT in any way endorsing a 'takeover' of this coin! I believe that Soundposition is qualified to lead here, and I will support whatever decisions his team makes. I reserve the right to bitch, but I won't interfere. I'll help if I can.

I would like to see a LOT more development of the music side. I'm a heavy metal vocalist myself, and this seems like it could be a great way to collaborate with a great many diverse musicians. All music genres are improved by exposure to and dilution with other forms. Individual exceptions aside, fusion works!

Even Rap and Country have been improved by outside influences. Granted, in those cases there was nowhere to go but up, but the point remains.
soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:32:32 PM

Alright! This gives me something to work with Cheesy

So, given that, This is what I'm thinking.

One, tokenizing a piece of it kind of makes sense, gives basically a side chain. That's a whole different animal from totally destroying the original chain.

Two, block reward. Now we get into fork territory.

My suggestions above are solid, I think, so I'll kind of do a list here. I'm willing to try to do some of this, but it would be a little at a time. Then again, there's no hurry Cheesy

1. KGW is causing problems. It's a good idea, but either the number of miners needs to get bigger and more stable, or there needs to be a modification to the wallets that can readjust diff over time. 1-2 days between blocks when some idiot turns a bunch of ASICS on for one block screws the utility of the coin. So, I would suggest leaving KGW, because it does tend to discourage the hit and run multipool market (though that is less of a problem than it was a few years ago), but adding code to an upgraded wallet that incrementally decreases the difficulty over time so that block times are never more than two hours.

2. Algorithm. Scrypt is the reason why KGW has the problem. Point one is simply a wallet upgrade, not even really a fork. It would require a mandatory upgrade and code to exclude previous versions of the wallet, so a soft fork. But hard forking the algorithm to something that is NOT vulnerable to loose cannons with large asic devices would solve the problem altogether. It IS a hard fork, but doesn't change the coin fundamentals. If we went in this direction, it would negate the need for point one. KGW would function just fine for, say, Prime or Groestl. Both are pretty CPU centric. This also helps with decentralization, especially if it's a CPU hard algo. Because frankly, if it's a cpu only coin, any wallet holder can mine and is likely to get blocks. Keeps the chain moving smoothly and spreads the wealth.

3. Accelerate the reduction of the block reward at the same time as the hard fork of the algorithm.

Why I think this would be useful:

Point one is a bandaid. It stops the chain from sticking for hours to days at a time and serves no other purpose. It's also relatively easy to do. So, I actually conceive this as multi stage. Do that first, and it solves the chain sticking for the short term. It doesn't stop people from manipulating the chain, though. I think at the moment, the sudden spikes in diff are accidental. Kids with a new toy. But a deliberate bad actor could play the system and gather the majority of the rewards by playing that game, and my "fix" would make that more true if it were left for a long term. So first, kick in a timer that reduces diff if X number of minutes have passed without a block. This buys time for more serious development.

In conjunction with your token launch, either simultaneously or within a short time, fork the chain to a CPU hard algo AND reduce the block reward. Or at least change the targeting, so it reduces FASTER. This solves the longer term supply problem. Leave the cap the same, but make the reward halving happen faster. This would actually attract miners, as they would want to hit the higher rewards while they exist, which would help to build a stable network.

And of course, promotion Cheesy Any musicians out there, talk to your friends, get 'em to get involved, take FUNK as payment, etc. I'm sure Sounposition's folk have that in mind already, given that they're building a Token.

And more immediately, start looking to get both the token and the coin on more exchanges. Nova is dead, Yobit has a coin with the same ticker, but it ain't FUNK, and who knows what's going to happen with Cryptopia. They've closed all pairs that trade FUNK with no ETA on their return. I don't think it is malicious or permanent, but it demonstrates the vulnerability of only one trade outlet.

I am considering starting a small exchange myself. I have most of the skills, if I use PEATIO, but I'm not sure I want to dedicate the time it would take. Or more to the point, I'm not sure I CAN dedicate that kind of time Tongue But if there is sufficient interest, I'll start looking more seriously at it. And of course, as a small exchange, I could do some interesting pairs Cheesy

Also, I want to point out that I am NOT in any way endorsing a 'takeover' of this coin! I believe that Soundposition is qualified to lead here, and I will support whatever decisions his team makes. I reserve the right to bitch, but I won't interfere. I'll help if I can.

I would like to see a LOT more development of the music side. I'm a heavy metal vocalist myself, and this seems like it could be a great way to collaborate with a great many diverse musicians. All music genres are improved by exposure to and dilution with other forms. Individual exceptions aside, fusion works!

Even Rap and Country have been improved by outside influences. Granted, in those cases there was nowhere to go but up, but the point remains.

We aren't interested in working on the old chain because the FUNK coin will likely not have any exchange as LTC pairs are closed down. These old coins have to move to ETH blockchain to maintain trading pairs that work.

That is what happened to GameCredits on Komkort. When LTC markets shut down, it's time to get onto an ETH trading pair.

NDelevic

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

Hello all,
It is good to finally see some interest in this project...
As a holder of almost 1bln FUNK I think this is a good way to go.
I give full support to Michael and the team....
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:57:39 PM

Hi peeps! Alex Shavers, the cofounder of GameCredits here.
What makes me said is to see some starving people in fish rich sea that crypto is. What makes me pissed is to see $100 investors with a year old accounts bitching around.
Before any of you point finger at anyone, tell us who you are, what's your background, tell us about your achievement in crypto, and finally, why should we care.

I don't need to say Soundposition is legit guy, honest, dedicated and hard working. Needless to say, Nele is legend in crypto. I am also part of the team.
What we are doing is basically part of Simon's original plan, slightly improved. As soundposition already stated, nobody is hijacking the existing chain.
We are going to create a token with real life use. Everyone will be free to choose to keep the original coin or burn it for a new on.
Also whoever thinks to know better and is able to fork FUNK - go ahead and good luck.

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

What makes me said is to see some starving people in fish rich sea that crypto is. What makes me pissed is to see $100 investors with a year old accounts bitching around.
Before any of you point finger at anyone, tell us who you are, what's your background, tell us about your achievement in crypto, and finally, why should we care.

I don't need to say Soundposition is legit guy, honest, dedicated and hard working. Needless to say, Nele is legend in crypto. I am also part of the team.
What we are doing is basically part of Simon's original plan, slightly improved. As soundposition already stated, nobody is hijacking the existing chain.
We are going to create a token with real life use. Everyone will be free to choose to keep the original coin or burn it for a new on.
Also whoever thinks to know better and is able to fork FUNK - go ahead and good luck.

Hello Alex!

I think you know who I am Cheesy Been out of the game for far too long. I was just throwing up some ideas. If it don't work, it don't work. I certainly won't interfere.
LoveandPeace2018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:37:32 PM

Wow, am so happy seeing all these comments. @soundposition, Can you please work hand in hand with these people.

What we all need is to see Funk doing well and not empty promises without results

I'd suggest @soundposition. Can you please create a telegram(Or any other) group and send link to these people even Hashunlimited, fix a date and time, then resolve this once and for all then update us.
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:55:43 PM

Hello Alex!

I think you know who I am Cheesy Been out of the game for far too long. I was just throwing up some ideas. If it don't work, it don't work. I certainly won't interfere.
Hey stranger! Yeah, i've heard the rumor there's a new sheriff in town. Wink What i said above has nothing to do with you dear friend. I'm glad to see you back in a saddle!
Now i'll PM you to keep all the sentimental bits off this thread. Wink

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:25:26 PM

Wow, am so happy seeing all these comments. @soundposition, Can you please work hand in hand with these people.

What we all need is to see Funk doing well and not empty promises without results

I'd suggest @soundposition. Can you please create a telegram(Or any other) group and send link to these people even Hashunlimited, fix a date and time, then resolve this once and for all then update us.

See here's the thing. Getting locked into deadlines is a mistake that we've already learned from. Once you start making promises, you create greater expectations, and more disappointment results. We will fix the problems with FUNK by launching the new token on the ETH blockchain. We will do it on our time schedule, when it is convenient for us, because we are the ones doing it and that is the way we have chosen to do it. We aren't going to make artificial promises that we will accomplish this by that date.

We have lives and some of us are busy. We accomplish tasks at the rate in which we are able to comfortably and reliably. Now that there are issues arising from the problems at Cryptopia, it has accelerated the pace at which we are working to launch this project successfully.

The team has grown today as several people joined and are providing assistance to the project. It's very exciting for us on our slack as we nail down the final pieces and prepare for delivery.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:01 PM

See here's the thing. Getting locked into deadlines is a mistake that we've already learned from. Once you start making promises, you create greater expectations, and more disappointment results. We will fix the problems with FUNK by launching the new token on the ETH blockchain. We will do it on our time schedule, when it is convenient for us, because we are the ones doing it and that is the way we have chosen to do it. We aren't going to make artificial promises that we will accomplish this by that date.

We have lives and some of us are busy. We accomplish tasks at the rate in which we are able to comfortably and reliably. Now that there are issues arising from the problems at Cryptopia, it has accelerated the pace at which we are working to launch this project successfully.

The team has grown today as several people joined and are providing assistance to the project. It's very exciting for us on our slack as we nail down the final pieces and prepare for delivery.
Any way I can be of assistance?
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:08:09 PM

Best,

Nele

Happy New Year to you as well and the kids Smiley

Malden and I are not on speaking terms and better you never "invited me" so please I would not be wasting my time with you guys again Wink

Shame FUNK wallet doesn't work or I'd be well and trully out of the "community" ... and say hi to the Legend of Simon ...

Grin

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
LoveandPeace2018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:26:17 PM

This is a good news but not the first I will see you posted. I know you'll be busy, almost all of us are, but the energy you put on this project depends on the priority you gives to it and your passion. Majority of my posts were sent while I was at work, I could also decided to postpone till when I get home which I might not eventually have time to attend to. Please add more dedication to this project.

Also confirming that you wont be able to dates is really a bad idea. Roadmap used by other projects would be useless if time management and consideration is  not taken into consideration. The fact that there is not expected dates would cause more disappointments (Take for example, you have posted about new website since more than 5 months ago, same applies to the codes). The best you can do is to add few days to your predicted date.

Finally, You need to allow more people into the project, This will fast track the whole process and widen the idea. the likes of HashUnlimited and Biomech surely could help
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:28:15 PM

...Finally, You need to allow more people into the project, This will fast track the whole process and widen the idea. the likes of HashUnlimited and Biomech surely could help

Oohh you think Nele wants people in? Hehe, you know nuffink John LoveandPeace2018 Snow Smiley

Mike (HashUn) could have sorted the coin out in about 15minutes and another 10minutes while making a coffee to test it.

Good thing is with this mad alt pump where billions and trillion coins crypto is en vogue, it will be a rather cool PaNDa sighting, once wallets start working again.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: