Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148686 times)
DataAnalyst

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:09:36 PM

The original FUNK blockchain will not cease to exist after the launch of the ETH token. There will however be an exchange cap at 50 Billion FUNK. This means that only 50 Billion FUNK supply will be able to be burned, and any new supply beyond the 50 Billion FUNK mined will not be able to be burned.

Alright! This gives me something to work with Cheesy

So, given that, This is what I'm thinking.

One, tokenizing a piece of it kind of makes sense, gives basically a side chain. That's a whole different animal from totally destroying the original chain.

Two, block reward. Now we get into fork territory.

My suggestions above are solid, I think, so I'll kind of do a list here. I'm willing to try to do some of this, but it would be a little at a time. Then again, there's no hurry Cheesy

1. KGW is causing problems. It's a good idea, but either the number of miners needs to get bigger and more stable, or there needs to be a modification to the wallets that can readjust diff over time. 1-2 days between blocks when some idiot turns a bunch of ASICS on for one block screws the utility of the coin. So, I would suggest leaving KGW, because it does tend to discourage the hit and run multipool market (though that is less of a problem than it was a few years ago), but adding code to an upgraded wallet that incrementally decreases the difficulty over time so that block times are never more than two hours.

2. Algorithm. Scrypt is the reason why KGW has the problem. Point one is simply a wallet upgrade, not even really a fork. It would require a mandatory upgrade and code to exclude previous versions of the wallet, so a soft fork. But hard forking the algorithm to something that is NOT vulnerable to loose cannons with large asic devices would solve the problem altogether. It IS a hard fork, but doesn't change the coin fundamentals. If we went in this direction, it would negate the need for point one. KGW would function just fine for, say, Prime or Groestl. Both are pretty CPU centric. This also helps with decentralization, especially if it's a CPU hard algo. Because frankly, if it's a cpu only coin, any wallet holder can mine and is likely to get blocks. Keeps the chain moving smoothly and spreads the wealth.

3. Accelerate the reduction of the block reward at the same time as the hard fork of the algorithm.

Why I think this would be useful:

Point one is a bandaid. It stops the chain from sticking for hours to days at a time and serves no other purpose. It's also relatively easy to do. So, I actually conceive this as multi stage. Do that first, and it solves the chain sticking for the short term. It doesn't stop people from manipulating the chain, though. I think at the moment, the sudden spikes in diff are accidental. Kids with a new toy. But a deliberate bad actor could play the system and gather the majority of the rewards by playing that game, and my "fix" would make that more true if it were left for a long term. So first, kick in a timer that reduces diff if X number of minutes have passed without a block. This buys time for more serious development.

In conjunction with your token launch, either simultaneously or within a short time, fork the chain to a CPU hard algo AND reduce the block reward. Or at least change the targeting, so it reduces FASTER. This solves the longer term supply problem. Leave the cap the same, but make the reward halving happen faster. This would actually attract miners, as they would want to hit the higher rewards while they exist, which would help to build a stable network.

And of course, promotion Cheesy Any musicians out there, talk to your friends, get 'em to get involved, take FUNK as payment, etc. I'm sure Sounposition's folk have that in mind already, given that they're building a Token.

And more immediately, start looking to get both the token and the coin on more exchanges. Nova is dead, Yobit has a coin with the same ticker, but it ain't FUNK, and who knows what's going to happen with Cryptopia. They've closed all pairs that trade FUNK with no ETA on their return. I don't think it is malicious or permanent, but it demonstrates the vulnerability of only one trade outlet.

I am considering starting a small exchange myself. I have most of the skills, if I use PEATIO, but I'm not sure I want to dedicate the time it would take. Or more to the point, I'm not sure I CAN dedicate that kind of time Tongue But if there is sufficient interest, I'll start looking more seriously at it. And of course, as a small exchange, I could do some interesting pairs Cheesy

Also, I want to point out that I am NOT in any way endorsing a 'takeover' of this coin! I believe that Soundposition is qualified to lead here, and I will support whatever decisions his team makes. I reserve the right to bitch, but I won't interfere. I'll help if I can.

I would like to see a LOT more development of the music side. I'm a heavy metal vocalist myself, and this seems like it could be a great way to collaborate with a great many diverse musicians. All music genres are improved by exposure to and dilution with other forms. Individual exceptions aside, fusion works!

Even Rap and Country have been improved by outside influences. Granted, in those cases there was nowhere to go but up, but the point remains.

We aren't interested in working on the old chain because the FUNK coin will likely not have any exchange as LTC pairs are closed down. These old coins have to move to ETH blockchain to maintain trading pairs that work.

That is what happened to GameCredits on Komkort. When LTC markets shut down, it's time to get onto an ETH trading pair.

Hey mate...I haven't received any response from the  Cryptopia's support regarding the FUNK wallet maintenance..basically all our FUNK funds are trapped at Cryptopia right now given LTC market is disabled. Does anyone here have a direct contact at Cryptopia to get some insights and ETA on resolution ?
Not worried too much, just annoyed by Cryptopia's amateurism.

BTW, great to see GAME team posts here.Kudos to all of you guys.
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:32:50 PM

Lets say if someone were to come along and buy a bunch of Funk, should that person download and store the coins in the wallet or just leave in on the exchange?  Cool
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:39:24 PM

Lets say if someone were to come along and buy a bunch of Funk, should that person download and store the coins in the wallet or just leave in on the exchange?  Cool

I would consider that person a hero, since the LTC/DOGE markets on Cryptopia have been closed for a week already   Cheesy

DataAnalyst

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Still, you can buy FUNK at YoBit  Wink
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:42:18 PM

Lets say if someone were to come along and buy a bunch of Funk, should that person download and store the coins in the wallet or just leave in on the exchange?  Cool

I would consider that person a hero, since the LTC/DOGE markets on Cryptopia have been closed for a week already   Cheesy

cryptopia is a small business in chch new zealand, they have expanded to 50 staff over the passed month due to unprecedented growth of their exchange. they have the same problem as polo, bittrex, hard to keep up with new registrations and processing all the info that they are getting on their server. month of december was huge for them, gaining over 100,000 user accounts, maybe more. not surprised they shut down these tiny markets.

brings forward @soundposition use case for block swap and burn of coins to the ethereum chain, although eth is slow at present, it maybe the best option to go by to get the markets happening, or Waves?. FUNK straight into dex and many other exchanges that carry the pairings. thinking that burning my stake to the token is a good idea right now.

@biomech, how about digishield, or a multi-alg of some form of continuation of the old chain progresses?  
jommy99

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:18:27 PM

Nice to know !

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:30:06 AM

Still, you can buy FUNK at YoBit  Wink
Nice to know !

no, it is not. although listed and trading, you can neither deposit or withdraw FUNK on yobit, because they are a SCAM site that does not support their wallets

they keep coins listed long after their blockchains have STOPPED, and ppl continue to buy them ...   Roll Eyes

Quote from: YOBIT
Wallet status: Maintenance

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
cryptpark

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
Cryptopia will be standing up new sister sites such as ltc.cryptopia.co.nz.

I'm managing the biggest cryptocurrency social network site in Japan. Smiley
http://cryptpark.com/

I'm interested in this project.

I'd like to keep supporting this project.
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

Thanks for the update @cryptpark.
FUNK can be also traded here: https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_FUNK/
Needless to say Yobit keeps scamming people, they run FUNK-BTC trading pair every now and then while keeping wallets in maintenance mode in order to keep traders off from depositing FUNK.

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:43:15 PM

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

That's Funkcoin, a totally different coin. Has the same ticker.
cryptoctrader

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:43:50 PM

I would consider that person a hero, since the LTC/DOGE markets on Cryptopia have been closed for a week already   Cheesy

Well, you can always negotiate with someone who owns the coin and buy direct from him, without the need of Exchage!!!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:45:12 PM

Thanks for the update @cryptpark.
FUNK can be also traded here: https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_FUNK/
Needless to say Yobit keeps scamming people, they run FUNK-BTC trading pair every now and then while keeping wallets in maintenance mode in order to keep traders off from depositing FUNK.

I thought Nova had suspended all deposits pending their new management? That was the last I heard...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

Ok, I just tried several times to compile under Ubuntu 16.04, and it won't do it. Boost errors. I tried installing the ancient version of Boost that it calls for in the docs, Still get the same errors. I can probably set up a vm with an old version of Ubuntu and compile that way, but this is going to cause problems. Makes me wonder if that's why Cryptopia has had the wallet in maintenance since before the current meltdown?

There needs to be a code update to bring it current. Boost has changed, and various things are going to break because of that. I haven't sufficient skill to do this, but if somebody in the Funk community wants to make a new branch and update it, I'm more than willing to test the code.

Note, I'm not talking fundamental changes here, nothing to the protocol. Just an update from the four year old codebase.
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:22:51 PM

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

Well damn.... Lets go Funkcoin!! You can do it!!  Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

Well damn.... Lets go Funkcoin!! You can do it!!  Grin

70% premine scamcoin. I'd avoid it Cheesy
soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:28:12 PM

Ok, I just tried several times to compile under Ubuntu 16.04, and it won't do it. Boost errors. I tried installing the ancient version of Boost that it calls for in the docs, Still get the same errors. I can probably set up a vm with an old version of Ubuntu and compile that way, but this is going to cause problems. Makes me wonder if that's why Cryptopia has had the wallet in maintenance since before the current meltdown?

There needs to be a code update to bring it current. Boost has changed, and various things are going to break because of that. I haven't sufficient skill to do this, but if somebody in the Funk community wants to make a new branch and update it, I'm more than willing to test the code.

Note, I'm not talking fundamental changes here, nothing to the protocol. Just an update from the four year old codebase.

There is not any need to update the code to make it current. FUNK has worked just fine for all the years of it's existence. Sure people are miffed by the difficulty changes, and intermittent non-sync times. The blockchain still moves along just fine.

Simon didn't even bother tampering with the code because he didn't remember what dependencies were required to recompile. He was intending to launch a new coin too based on some Verium PoST. In fact it's his white paper that I modified for the new token. I simplified it and made it more do-able. If you dig way back into the forum you can find his old white paper.

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:51:31 PM

There is not any need to update the code to make it current. FUNK has worked just fine for all the years of it's existence. Sure people are miffed by the difficulty changes, and intermittent non-sync times. The blockchain still moves along just fine.

Simon didn't even bother tampering with the code because he didn't remember what dependencies were required to recompile. He was intending to launch a new coin too based on some Verium PoST. In fact it's his white paper that I modified for the new token. I simplified it and made it more do-able. If you dig way back into the forum you can find his old white paper.

If it won't compile under the largest distro of Linux, there is a need to update dependencies.

It will compile under Ubuntu 14.04, and Debian Wheezy, but it WILL NOT compile under the current LTS versions of Ubuntu, even when installing Boost 1.37 instead of the current version. Note that 1.37 was released in 2008!

I'm not miffed by diff changes, though I think it could uses some revision. I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about not being able to set up a daemon or QT in Linux. I was planning to build a pool, but I won't run one under 14.04 due to several security issues that would take me weeks to patch and even then, it simply isn't properly optimized for modern computing.

I don't have the time to go through and compare everything to make sure that it will compile with modern versions of Boost, but that doesn't mean it don't need doing. The last update was to fix the heartbleed exploit in SSL. That was a LONG time ago, and the underlying operating systems HAVE changed.

I understand you're more focused on the upcoming project, and I'm not even asking your team to do these updates. This is something a great many people in the Crypto community are capable of. Use the resources you have at your fingers.

The network is alright. The windows precompiled binaries work. But no linux? Be real.
DataAnalyst

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

Oh  Cheesy  Thanks for letting us know
kryptoswim

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:00:21 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 07:46:37 AM by kryptoswim

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

Oh  Cheesy  Thanks for letting us know

I've located the information. There will be a coin swap for the new coin. 500/1

Guess I need to get my hands on 500k Funk ASAP to clear 1k of the new coin. Smiley

1. Question
How do you burn 50 Billion Funk in the buy back if the circulating supply is currently 46.5 B? Whats the delta between the circulating Vs actual supply?

Cheers,
kryptoswim

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:14:40 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 08:24:45 AM by kryptoswim

Nice to know !

No, you can't.

Oh  Cheesy  Thanks for letting us know

I've located the information. There will be a coin swap for the new coin. 500/1

Guess I need to get my hands on 500k Funk ASAP to clear 1k of the new coin. Smiley

1. Question
How do you burn 50 Billion Funk in the buy back if the circulating supply is currently 46.5 B? Whats the delta between the circulating Vs actual supply?

Cheers,

Wow..

This is getting interesting. The link to the Yobit Funk exchange was recently removed from Coin Market Cap and replaced with a link to Cryptopia Funk. I guess I'm running out of time to get my legacy Funk prior to the swap opportunity. Any thoughts? Any ideas on how the 50B Funk burn will impact old school Funk hodlers? Should we be worried :/

2.  Cryptopia Funk Vs YoBit Funk   (Are they the same?)
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: