Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148689 times)
simondlr (OP)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:25:16 AM

Simon needs a press secretary.

Haha. You have no idea. It's suddenly got wings in ways I didn't imagine.

I like the Coindesk post: http://www.coindesk.com/coins-for-bands-disrupt-music-industry/. Although Danny somehow misspelt the name every time. Wink

Ahh, what do expect from a writer Grin  Very good press I thought.

Indeed. Nailed the idea of it providing new way to for musicians to sustain their passion!

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/simondlr/
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

Thanks for the info Florian.  I'm mining there now.  I'll let it run all night.  

What cgminer settings are you at?
Queue? Scan time? Expiry?

We wouldn't want to waste hash power Wink

I'm the CTv..address, so not too bad.  I usually don't even bother with including those, as I've never noticed a big difference.  I'll have to check.  I copied and pasted quickly.  What do you suggest?  

R9270 and 5770 are the only two I have going atm.

The other miner is wasting almost as much as I'm giving  Cry

Edit:  I can look up the numbers for that if you think I need them.  I have them somewhere.

you're fine then. you're not the one I was addressing then^^

easiest way to check what I'm talking about: within the main menu (where you see accepted shares) in the cgminer: hit "S" and there are queue, scan-time and expiry. set those as follows: queue=0, scan-time=2, expiry=8

what does that mean?

queue is a work queue. so it would hold work in advance, to better feed the gpus. why is it bad? because it collects "old" work when new one is available and you get a rejected share.
scan-time? the time spent looking for new work before starting fresh from latest data.. (keeping it low makes sure you are working with the newest data available and therefore reduce the chance of getting a rejected share.)
expiry: it gives a set of work data an expiration date. after keeping it for 8 seconds (when set to Cool it discards it and gets new one if it's been stuck on that one for too long.

standard settings are around scan-time 30, expiry 120 and queue1 (made for bitcoin network with a 600s block time)
vaudvaud

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:14:00 PM

The P2P pool looks like it's doing pretty good (other than it needs more users!), some can run at 20% or more dead.. the main number is the pool efficiency, and it's running at or above 100% so that's good. From what I've seen the #1 reason for dead even with the faster settings in CGminer is latency on the network,which can happen with connections coming from all over the world.. with the shares happening so fast it doesn't take much of a delay receiving it to kill them.   
bjmillican4

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:27:10 PM

The P2P pool looks like it's doing pretty good (other than it needs more users!), some can run at 20% or more dead.. the main number is the pool efficiency, and it's running at or above 100% so that's good. From what I've seen the #1 reason for dead even with the faster settings in CGminer is latency on the network,which can happen with connections coming from all over the world.. with the shares happening so fast it doesn't take much of a delay receiving it to kill them.   

Yes, working great for me.  What's the general location of the server?  I'm in St Paul, MN, US.  Just curious.  It must not be too much of a latency issue for me.  My dead% is pretty low.  Must be US or Canada.  I'll tinker with cgminer a bit.  I've gotten lazy about it.
florianuhlemann

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

Yes, working great for me.  What's the general location of the server?  I'm in St Paul, MN, US.  Just curious.  It must not be too much of a latency issue for me.  My dead% is pretty low.  Must be US or Canada.  I'll tinker with cgminer a bit.  I've gotten lazy about it.

Nope. it's actually sitting in the North in France. Selected that location to make it suitable for Europe as well as North America Wink

as for the efficiency.. that value is actually worthless in our setup. what it tells you: it compares the local rejected rate to the rejected rate of all p2pool network nodes (which there are only 1 ^^) so you can't compare.. >100% means it's gotten better over the last hour, <100% means rejected rate has risen in the last hour.

I've modified the share chain values with the last move of the pool to 16second target time per share. (instead of 10-15 most others are using) -> lower rejects for everyone Wink
bjmillican4

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:12:16 PM

I wouldn't have guessed that.  Anyway, it's working great.  Thanks for the work and the info.  I'll send you some Funk when I get a chance.
NitroKoS

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Are you guys actively trying to market this coin still?

BTC:     17MpnseYjWA3NHWVikxU5iqjsNVnfffHfZ
vaudvaud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

I like the open source music aspect of this, I can see the potential of Cypherfunks the band taking off... the coin needs markets though, something to do with them, someway to draw people into wanting to use them or have them.  I think a lot of people now have what I've started calling Alt Coin Fatigue.. including myself.. I now am looking for something that makes a coin stand out, and has a real use... most of them there is not a dang thing to do with them other than go "oh, shiny.."  The music part I already like and is different, so once a way to really use the coins that benefit in some way it can have the potential to really take off..  something like being able to directly tip funk for songs, loops, etc, and even pay for such services related to music maybe.  The simplest way would be to be able to download an MP3 for like 1000 Funk, but then that kind of goes against free open source.. and of course the artist may need to convert the funk into cash, so it's got to have some value and market.. don't know if that's the direction this coin wants to take though.

In the mean time, since my hardware was long ago paid off and then some, it's like freaking winning the lotto cherry picking all these easy coins that people are missing out on mining!   Grin  So shiny!
florianuhlemann

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:39:49 PM

I like the open source music aspect of this, I can see the potential of Cypherfunks the band taking off... the coin needs markets though, something to do with them, someway to draw people into wanting to use them or have them.  I think a lot of people now have what I've started calling Alt Coin Fatigue.. including myself.. I now am looking for something that makes a coin stand out, and has a real use... most of them there is not a dang thing to do with them other than go "oh, shiny.."  The music part I already like and is different, so once a way to really use the coins that benefit in some way it can have the potential to really take off..  something like being able to directly tip funk for songs, loops, etc, and even pay for such services related to music maybe.  The simplest way would be to be able to download an MP3 for like 1000 Funk, but then that kind of goes against free open source.. and of course the artist may need to convert the funk into cash, so it's got to have some value and market.. don't know if that's the direction this coin wants to take though.

In the mean time, since my hardware was long ago paid off and then some, it's like freaking winning the lotto cherry picking all these easy coins that people are missing out on mining!   Grin  So shiny!

not quite there yet - but going for smaller, more promising coins, is actually more fun as it's easier to become a real part of it Smiley
vaudvaud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:16:02 PM

Is there any other bounties that can be established or donated to other than the current seps pack one?  Like for creation of a tip bot or faucet?  While I can't program myself, I could see me donating towards a bounty fund for this type of thing.. Normally that's why some coins do premine, so they have coin they can offer for such things.. but there was no premine on this so no incentives, other than the seps packs at this point...  Some good press right now, good time to get this stuff going faster.
florianuhlemann

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Is there any other bounties that can be established or donated to other than the current seps pack one?  Like for creation of a tip bot or faucet?  While I can't program myself, I could see me donating towards a bounty fund for this type of thing.. Normally that's why some coins do premine, so they have coin they can offer for such things.. but there was no premine on this so no incentives, other than the seps packs at this point...  Some good press right now, good time to get this stuff going faster.

that's a great idea. Simon? I'll donate 1mil FUNKs right away!
vaudvaud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

I'll also drop in a mil or so if a fund is setup...   Seems to me a Reddit tipbot or similar used (with permission of the mods) on some of the music subs can draw some attention to the music aspect, possibly getting more music input for the band part... and gets the coins flowing.  Think of them as flyers for the band...  draw them in and hope they stay because they like the music.
vaudvaud

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:23:05 PM

Or a soundcloud tipbot like was suggested on the Reddit sub..  Grin
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Soundcloud tip bot would be so clutch. Perhaps some type of communication can be started with Soundcloud?

Or someone can browse the API page and see how convoluted things are.

I believe in the Cypherfunks!

What is being done to gather exposure and momentum with the public?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:43:29 PM

As for bounties, I'd be willing to donate some Funks to bounty addresses.

I implemented a really nice system for Coinye bounties (well, another member did the coding but it was my idea ^_^): http://coinyethecoin.com/#bounties

Visit that link really quick and you can see that we set up unique addresses for each bounty and we grab the balance (inputs) from the blockchain explorer and show the live balance. I think this gives wonderful transparency for the community and solidifies trust.

Another question I had: Is Cypherfunks being marketed only to bands? What about electronic artists? What about styles of music that aren't necessarily "funk" genres? If Cypherfunks is open to all music types we should start marketing as such.

I think it would be cool to have multiple wallet skins for the different type of music each person enjoys. I personally love house, drum and bass, and techno, so I'd love to have a Cypherfunk themed wallet unique to my music tastes. Other themes can be jam bands, rock, hip hop, etc. Have the wallet skins up for download on the website or implement some really cool "skin" selector in the wallet itself.

I've got more ideas but I have to run. Be back!

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
bjmillican4

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:00:08 AM

Another question I had: Is Cypherfunks being marketed only to bands? What about electronic artists? What about styles of music that aren't necessarily "funk" genres? If Cypherfunks is open to all music types we should start marketing as such.

Cypherfunks is open to all musicians of all genres.  Any musician can post anything they like under the Cypherfunks name on SoundCloud.  It has actually nothing to do with "funk" music.  Just a cool name.

The website really explains the philosophy and process quite well.  If you haven't already, check it out.

neuroMode

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:26:06 AM

Cypherfunks is open to all musicians of all genres.  Any musician can post anything they like under the Cypherfunks name on SoundCloud.  It has actually nothing to do with "funk" music.  Just a cool name.

The website really explains the philosophy and process quite well.  If you haven't already, check it out.

Alright, I will!

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:01:12 AM

Great idea on some bounties.

I created 2 addresses. One for a faucet and one for a reddit tipbot. You can see in the announcement page with details. Here it is again:

I donated 2 million so far.

---

Bounty FUND for a faucet [donate here]:
CMshf9ZVrYoBPdjnsJ7zSgVFcfEZui85qw [1 million donated so far]

If you have a working faucet, the bounty will be delivered.

Bounty FUND for a reddit tipbot [donate here]:
CWKmoKce124SfTpPBby8uSyrxp9Log4bQi [1 million donated so far]

If a working reddit tipbot is running for at least 2 weeks, the bounty will be delivered.

---

At the moment, we are just pushing the idea to as many musicians as possible. The more music we make, the more the idea spread! Already had some musicians join that haven't heard of cryptocurrencies before, so it is cool.

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

New song is out!

An electronic tune called Quasar: https://soundcloud.com/soundposition/quasar [asked Soundposition to get a FUNK address up so we can tip him]

vaudvaud

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:58:00 PM

Great idea on some bounties.

I created 2 addresses. One for a faucet and one for a reddit tipbot. You can see in the announcement page with details. Here it is again:

I donated 2 million so far.

---

Bounty FUND for a faucet [donate here]:
CMshf9ZVrYoBPdjnsJ7zSgVFcfEZui85qw [1 million donated so far]

If you have a working faucet, the bounty will be delivered.

Bounty FUND for a reddit tipbot [donate here]:
CWKmoKce124SfTpPBby8uSyrxp9Log4bQi [1 million donated so far]

If a working reddit tipbot is running for at least 2 weeks, the bounty will be delivered.

---

At the moment, we are just pushing the idea to as many musicians as possible. The more music we make, the more the idea spread! Already had some musicians join that haven't heard of cryptocurrencies before, so it is cool.

Awesome.. I just added 3 million to the tip bot bounty, a million to the faucet bounty, and added a million to the fund for packs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: