Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
ProsperousWealth

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:13:07 AM

also for those saying that PR firms are bad investments for startups, ya you are correct. but blackcoin and cryptocurrency aren't traditional startups. this will not only benefit BC but the entire crypto industry and place BC brand at the forefront of peoples mind when they think crypto or bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:17:28 AM

Nice work I've started donating and grabbed another 8K BC since the Blackcast.

Hey thats great, we have some big things coming for the upcoming Blackcast.. kudos for getting on board
IconicExpert

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:18:48 AM

Someone needs desperate attention Huh Huh Huh

Not at all... I like challenges and you are making just a little too easy for me. Let me walk you through what will happen.

For the next day or so you and your friends from IRC will continue to post about the PR firm here on the forum.
Half the community will be very excited, they other half will see it as a desperate ploy.
With luck you will raise all of the funds to hire the firm and you will get a lot of pretty charts, stats, and a few press releases.
The community will then realize how little business experience the core group has and then....well...you know the rest.
In your haste to come up with a "solution" you didn't quite think it all through. A Hail mary is not a business plan, and a $30,000 hail mary just speeds up the inevitable.

But good luck with the PR firm, I sincerely hope it works out.
coinpredator(return)

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:18:58 AM

Hello BlackCoin Community

As the BlackCoin Foundation we have worked hard in the past weeks and I am proud to present to the community at large one of our most ambitious fundraising ventures to date. As most of you know, BlackCoin is a phenomenal alternative cryptocurrency with substantial REAL advantages over its competitors. We are a greener, faster, coin that is ready for retail adoption and worldwide use… Only the world doesn't know this... That is hopefully about to change…

BlackCoin will be the first CryptoCurrency to hire a legitimate, brick and mortar, Public Relations Firm!

For several weeks the BlackCoin Foundation has been engaging PR firms in order to find one with the right technical expertise to help promote BlackCoin through various target media (think wired.com, theverge, wsj, financial times, and social media as well). After much deliberation we have decided on a company and are in the process of finalizing things contractually speaking. We are not going to release the PR firm's name until things are finalized, but they have a great deal of experience and are truly excited to be working with us. You will not be disappointed.

BlackCoin is Bitcoin 2.0. But spreading this message comes at significant cost. In order to secure a 90 day PR campaign (with options to retain services month to month after the initial 90 day period) the foundation has already raised over $15,000 USD! This has got the ball rolling, but we need help from the community! To finish paying for this venture we need the community to help raise an additional $15,000 USD.

The funds raised by the Foundation have allowed us to get things started, and over the next few days and weeks we will providing more and more information about the strategy, including key messages and timelines. Our strategy meetings will be 100% transparent and we will be updating the community about our every move. In the meantime, we need two things:

1.) Come up with suggestions! We have a powerful PR firm to bounce ideas off of and now is the time to brainstorm. What do you think is an important message? What is an important venue? Give us anything and everything you got, but please do your best to list your ideas in a concise and coherent manner.
2.) Please donate to the addresses below! This is a monumental and revolutionary undertaking that could very well shape the cryptocurrency landscape for years to come. Every little bit helps!

Linked below is a very high-level and preliminary overview that the PR firm provided to us in our most recent conference call. Some information has been redacted and the formatting has been altered (worsened) due to proprietary images (e.g. anything that could identify the PR Firm).

The Plan

The cryptocurrency world is having trouble competing with BlackCoin as is… With a capable and professional PR firm on our side, the sky is the limit.

Thanks and please donate today!
BC: BTfqh99d8DcKWrd4hFYLR7D2bAYDdAKV3Q    
BTC: 1MAGvdGMCAaJysMBgA5uFRBUFQ25AkUWQV    
LTC: LSGPviYMYmgF2RiXVuXG1U4iVz3drk3JvR  
Doge: DNkmhknWWx6ogrHaTy9X2SLft9ouwhCNs1    
Make sure to check the addresses in the original post!

Be the change you want to see in the world.

A few questions.

1. $15,000 is not small change, why not release the name of the firm so members can do their due diligence? Why not be more transparent now?
2. What does the $30,000 cover? Most well known PR firms charge a minimum of $40,000 - $100,000 just to retain their services. It does not cover the expense of ads, commercials, events...etc..etc. That is extra.

+1

I just read the plan and as I pointed out for $30,000 you basically get a custom tailored marketing plan and a few press releases. $30,000 does not cover ads, radio, TV, or events. The firm  will advise you on what you need to be doing.

The reason why I asked my previous questions because PR firms are the worst ROI, especially for a start-up. Any experienced entrepreneur knows never hire a PR firm unless you have millions of dollars to waste, in this case millions of BlackCoins. This is is commonly known fact, but you do not have to take my word for it. Here are links from some of the top business websites confirming what I just wrote:

http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/8-reasons-you-should-not-hire-a-pr-firm.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/03/how-to-hire-a-pr-firm-dont-do-it

http://www.fastcompany.com/3028922/why-startups-shouldnt-use-pr-firms-to-pitch-their-business

I just hope that "Blackcoin foundation" is not as "Wolrdcoin foundation" a tragedy, I think  centralize a lot is a serious error in crypto because this is a market designed to be decentralized, some leadership is always welcome.

I think we should focus on finalizing the donations to the project of "Wall Street of ICONIC", because if not we will be left with a lot of projects only on paper, and it will be very frustrating, BELIVE ME .... For to spend 30K I would like to see Blackcoin in news programs, radio and newspapers. I particularly already donated over 18K BC for all kinds of projects here, so before someone criticize me please know that I love this coin, but if and to make a marketing, it must be agrecivo, viral!

Lybertycoin Multipool - http://xlb.multipoolmining.com/
Bitcoin going to the moon !  Roll Eyes
mellomike

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:19:46 AM

As the BlackCoin Foundation we have worked hard in the past weeks and I am proud to present to the community at large one of our most ambitious fundraising ventures to date. As most of you know, BlackCoin is a phenomenal alternative cryptocurrency with substantial REAL advantages over its competitors. We are a greener, faster, coin that is ready for retail adoption and worldwide use… Only the world doesn't know this... That is hopefully about to change…

BlackCoin will be the first CryptoCurrency to hire a legitimate, brick and mortar, Public Relations Firm!

For several weeks the BlackCoin Foundation has been engaging PR firms in order to find one with the right technical expertise to help promote BlackCoin through various target media (think wired.com, theverge, wsj, financial times, and social media as well). After much deliberation we have decided on a company and are in the process of finalizing things contractually speaking. We are not going to release the PR firm's name until things are finalized, but they have a great deal of experience and are truly excited to be working with us. You will not be disappointed.

BlackCoin is Bitcoin 2.0. But spreading this message comes at significant cost. In order to secure a 90 day PR campaign (with options to retain services month to month after the initial 90 day period) the foundation has already raised over $15,000 USD! This has got the ball rolling, but we need help from the community! To finish paying for this venture we need the community to help raise an additional $15,000 USD.

The funds raised by the Foundation have allowed us to get things started, and over the next few days and weeks we will providing more and more information about the strategy, including key messages and timelines. Our strategy meetings will be 100% transparent and we will be updating the community about our every move. In the meantime, we need two things:

1.) Come up with suggestions! We have a powerful PR firm to bounce ideas off of and now is the time to brainstorm. What do you think is an important message? What is an important venue? Give us anything and everything you got, but please do your best to list your ideas in a concise and coherent manner.
2.) Please donate to the addresses below! This is a monumental and revolutionary undertaking that could very well shape the cryptocurrency landscape for years to come. Every little bit helps!

Linked below is a very high-level and preliminary overview that the PR firm provided to us in our most recent conference call. Some information has been redacted and the formatting has been altered (worsened) due to proprietary images (e.g. anything that could identify the PR Firm).

The Plan

The cryptocurrency world is having trouble competing with BlackCoin as is… With a capable and professional PR firm on our side, the sky is the limit.

WE NOW HAVE: 1082$ Donated!

I donated 100 BC!! and I'll be donating all the coins I mine from BlackCoinPool from today until the goal is met!
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:21:11 AM

also for those saying that PR firms are bad investments for startups, ya you are correct. but blackcoin and cryptocurrency aren't traditional startups. this will not only benefit BC but the entire crypto industry and place BC brand at the forefront of peoples mind when they think crypto or bitcoin

It's usually a bad investment for startups because money is better spent on coding development to improve a product...

So.. who's doing that with BC?  I bet there's a lot we can do with $15k to improve at least wallet functionality.. maybe some little coin new features here and there (without forking).

Do we have some devs on retainer that we can hire with the donations?

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
morituri13

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:25:45 AM

micryon this is an excellent point and we made sure to not take any potential funds from development groups. A PR Firm is only as good as the product it backs and we are doing our best to not lose sight of that. At the end of the day development is our number 1 priority.

But what good is development with no awareness and vice versa..
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:26:46 AM

It's usually a bad investment for startups because money is better spent on coding development to improve a product...

So.. who's doing that with BC?  I bet there's a lot we can do with $15k to improve at least wallet functionality.. maybe some little coin new features here and there (without forking).

Do we have some devs on retainer that we can hire with the donations?
+1
For example, we've been waiting for android wallet for a long time - why not set a prize say $1K for this?
Another one is light wallet (like miltibit or multidoge) - another $1K.
And so on...
These things would make sense for me.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
mellomike

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:30:04 AM

micryon this is an excellent point and we made sure to not take any potential funds from development groups. A PR Firm is only as good as the product it backs and we are doing our best to not lose sight of that. At the end of the day development is our number 1 priority.

But what good is development with no awareness and vice versa..

It's the chicken and the egg thing .. we have to start somewhere.. and honestly I think funding for development will come easier once awareness is greater.
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:31:39 AM

The Plan

A few questions.

1. $15,000 is not small change, why not release the name of the firm so members can do their due diligence? Why not be more transparent now?
2. What does the $30,000 cover? Most well known PR firms charge a minimum of $40,000 - $100,000 just to retain their services. It does not cover the expense of ads, commercials, events...etc..etc. That is extra.

+1

I just read the plan and as I pointed out for $30,000 you basically get a custom tailored marketing plan and a few press releases. $30,000 does not cover ads, radio, TV, or events. The firm  will advise you on what you need to be doing.

The reason why I asked my previous questions because PR firms are the worst ROI, especially for a start-up. Any experienced entrepreneur knows never hire a PR firm unless you have millions of dollars to waste, in this case millions of BlackCoins. This is is commonly known fact, but you do not have to take my word for it. Here are links from some of the top business websites confirming what I just wrote:

http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/8-reasons-you-should-not-hire-a-pr-firm.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/03/how-to-hire-a-pr-firm-dont-do-it

http://www.fastcompany.com/3028922/why-startups-shouldnt-use-pr-firms-to-pitch-their-business

I just hope that "Blackcoin foundation" is not as "Wolrdcoin foundation" a tragedy, I think  centralize a lot is a serious error in crypto because this is a market designed to be decentralized, some leadership is always welcome.

I think we should focus on finalizing the donations to the project of "Wall Street of ICONIC", because if not we will be left with a lot of projects only on paper, and it will be very frustrating, BELIVE ME .... For to spend 30K I would like to see Blackcoin in news programs, radio and newspapers. I particularly already donated over 18K BC for all kinds of projects here, so before someone criticize me please know that I love this coin, but if and to make a marketing, it must be agrecivo, viral!

"The harder one holds onto power, the quicker it slips away"

In the last two weeks the only time BlackCoin has been seriously written about was:

1. The Wall Street Event: http://cointelegraph.com/post/blackcoin_s_smooth_and_sexy_nyc_charm_offensive
2. The BlackCoin Card: http://www.coindesk.com/things-alt-ponzi-schemes-blackcoin-usbs-time-warp-attack

And all that attention cost me $0

You would think that CoinDesk would write about the multi-pool, or all of the cool stuff the dev team is doing. However, they wrote about the BlackCoin card.

Interesting indeed....
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:33:05 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 03:59:50 AM by Jesse Livermore

Sorry, but me too I have to admit that maybe it's too expensive for now, it's a great idea but each has to go with it's own capacities/capabilities.....and what is going to be worth if we don't have money to execute the plan..Huh

and I'm pretty sure we can find ideas or find someone skilled to do so....

its pretty much the same price as that wall street promotion but instead of 2 hours of talking to random people in the street, this promotion will last 90 days and target the people that will actually be interested in this. they have already raised $15000..seems like a much better deal

Finally someone making sense..

Who ever goes against this Idea clearly has no idea what they are talking about. This plan targets specifically the media outlets that we need. 

Mark Cuban the Multi Billionaire doesn't know what he is talking about? http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1#!Htx93

Can't say I would ever quote Mark Cuban in anything related to business. Mark Cuban is an incredibly lucky guy who sold his .com to one of the stupidest, biggest .com's at the peak of the .com bubble. As much as he thinks he is, he's no Warren Buffett and given the choice of having PR advice from the Ogilvy's of the world or Cuban, I suspect most wise and experienced business-folk would go the way of an Ogilvy.

With that said, I'm absolutely amazed and astounded that you can't step back and see how BlackCoin hiring a PR firm is NOT a good idea.
Look at the facts:
-Will all due respect after watching yesterday's BlackCoinCast the BlackCoin team, for all intents and purposes, is made up of ultra-nerds to the power of 10. Their forte is coding and crypto's.
-BlackCoin does not have the capital to hire and pay the ongoing salaries of a Marketing/PR Director and team. Yes, taking BlackCoin to where it should be requires a team with years of social media experience to wrangle the message of why the ordinary man/woman/child needs BlackCoin.
-There are many marketing plans going every which way here on BitCoinTalk, creating a massive amount of noise which is becoming indecipherable, chaotic and overall causing massive disorganization. Over a month ago when the forum was pushing the one message that BlackCoin would be the first, and only (at that time), crypto with a self-made BC-buying multipool the result was a ridiculous panicky buying spree which luckily resulted in a much higher price plateau than from where it had been before that message spread.
We need that organized one-mindedness again.
-No crypto has ever hired a PR firm before because no other crypto (maybe with the exception of Evan Duffield with Dark Coin) has had developers who have taken their coin so seriously as these guys. These guys are willing to test the suppose 'crypto boundaries' that exist and they have been rewarded for it so far.

Iconic, if you truly had an ounce of business experience you'd either donate your 'Wall Street meets BlackCoin' to this cause or sell all your holdings out and move on because pretty soon you will be coming off like a troll.
JL
Edit: Evan Duffield not Duffeld.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:37:13 AM

Mark Cuban the Multi Billionaire doesn't know what he is talking about? http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1#!Htx93

Can't say I would ever quote Mark Cuban in anything related to business. Mark Cuban is an incredibly lucky guy who sold his .com to one of the stupidest, biggest .com's at the peak of the .com bubble. As much as he thinks he is, he's no Warren Buffett and given the choice of having PR advice from the Ogilvy's of the world or Cuban, I suspect most wise and experienced business-folk would go the way of an Ogilvy.

With that said, I'm absolutely amazed and astounded that you can't step back and see how BlackCoin hiring a PR firm is NOT a good idea.
Look at the facts:
-Will all due respect after watching yesterday's BlackCoinCast the BlackCoin team, for all intents and purposes, is made up of ultra-nerds to the power of 10. Their forte is coding and crypto's.
-BlackCoin does not have the capital to hire and pay the ongoing salaries of a Marketing/PR Director and team. Yes, taking BlackCoin to where it should be requires a team with years of social media experience to wrangle the message of why the ordinary man/woman/child needs BlackCoin.
-There are many marketing plans going every which way here on BitCoinTalk, creating a massive amount of noise which is becoming indecipherable, chaotic and overall causing massive disorganization. Over a month ago when the forum was pushing the one message that BlackCoin would be the first, and only (at that time), crypto with a self-made BC-buying multipool the result was a ridiculous panicky buying spree which luckily resulted in a much higher price plateau than from where it had been before that message spread.
-No crypto has ever hired a PR firm before because no other crypto (maybe with the exception of Evan Duffeld with Dark Coin) has had developers who have taken their coin so seriously as these guys. These guys are willing to test the suppose 'crypto boundaries' that exist and they have been rewarded for it so far.

Iconic, if you truly had an ounce of business experience you'd either donate your 'Wall Street meets BlackCoin' to this cause or sell all your holdings out and move on because pretty soon you will be coming off like a troll.
JL

Wow, that is some strong words. +1

RouletteRun

Activity: 451

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

I don't know why everybody thinks things have to be an either/or proposition, personally, I have donated to both Iconic's plan and the BlackCoin Foundation fund. I wish I could foresee the future, but the best analogy I can use is throwing mud on the wall, when you throw mud on a wall, some of it will stick and some of it won't. I don't know if either of these plans will work, but I'm willing to give to both because I want BlackCoin to succeed and it's not a BlackCoin Foundation vs. Iconic thing, it's about BlackCoin and I hope both plans are hugely successful, because BlackCoin will win and if BlackCoin wins, we win.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:39:27 AM

X11 miners don't forget you can mine BC at CryptoAlts.com

Currently over 800 MH/s. Come on let's hit a 1 GH/s figure and make it known that BlackCoin has not one, but two pools that have hit a 1 GH/s figure!!! Other coins can't even get a single pool to get anything near what we have two pools doing right now!!!
ddeaNewtOn

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:39:44 AM

Sorry, but me too I have to admit that maybe it's too expensive for now, it's a great idea but each has to go with it's own capacities/capabilities.....and what is going to be worth if we don't have money to execute the plan..Huh

its pretty much the same price as that wall street promotion but instead of 2 hours of talking to random people in the street, this promotion will last 90 days and target the people that will actually be interested in this. they have already raised $15000..seems like a much better deal

Who ever goes against this Idea clearly has no idea what they are talking about. This plan targets specifically the media outlets that we need.  

Look at the facts:
-No crypto has ever hired a PR firm before because no other crypto (maybe with the exception of Evan Duffeld with Dark Coin) has had developers who have taken their coin so seriously as these guys. These guys are willing to test the suppose 'crypto boundaries' that exist and they have been rewarded for it so far.

JL

McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:41:00 AM

X11 miners don't forget you can mine BC at CryptoAlts.com

Currently over 800 MH/s. Come on let's hit a 1 GH/s figure and make it known that BlackCoin has not one, but two pools that have hit a 1 GH/s figure!!! Other coins can't even get a single pool to get anything near what we have two pools doing right now!!!
z

People are hungry trying to get as much cheap Blackcoin as they can while the gettin' is still good. I have a feeling we may need a 3rd major pool soon.

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
IconicExpert

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:41:06 AM

Look at the facts:

JL

With all do respect but I doubt you have real world business experience. If you did you would know what I posted is correct. I shared 4 or 5 links to reputable sources all stating hiring a PR firm is a bad move. Anyone with Google and 5 minutes could find that out for themselves. I am not going to back something I think is fundamentally flawed because a few people from IRC is trying to ram it down the throats of this community to "keep control".

This reminds me of the "Meet Black" campaign that I advised not to do. An idea that was also fundamentally flawed, and how did that turn out?

If not agreeing with a bad idea makes me a troll then I am a troll.
McKie

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:42:53 AM

Look at the facts:

JL

Shots fired.

bozzie

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:44:59 AM

Guys need to relax and stop posting about how things won't work.  I like both ideas but if I don't like one, why say anything? They're both happening.
McKie

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:46:48 AM

I think the best thing that could happen is the announcement of a THIRD major PR related move to even the playing field.

Who wants to plan something big and unique? PM me. I'm trying to get in on the fun.

Pages: « 1 ... 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: