Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:44:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:46:50 AM

The CRISP Word Contest

Prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories:

#1   -   CRISP Definition

-    Tell us your best definition of the word CRISP as it would appear in the DNotes Dictionary.

-    This can include ways in which CRISP could be used as a verb or the definition of future uses of the word (example - define CRISPing).

1st  Prize     3,000 DNotes
             2nd Prize     2,000 DNotes
             3rd  Prize     1,000 DNotes

Re-posting the rules. Please feel free to contribute, even if you aren't doing it for the prizes.

CRISP
/krisp/

abbreviation origin
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun
noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.

-a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.

-an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb
verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.
"I CRISP for my future"

2. previously set up a CRISP.
"sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"

3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.
"I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

Nicely done CryptoBroker79, you must have spent a good amount of time on that.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:56:07 AM

The CRISP Word Contest

Prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories:

#1   -   CRISP Definition

-    Tell us your best definition of the word CRISP as it would appear in the DNotes Dictionary.

-    This can include ways in which CRISP could be used as a verb or the definition of future uses of the word (example - define CRISPing).

1st  Prize     3,000 DNotes
             2nd Prize     2,000 DNotes
             3rd  Prize     1,000 DNotes

Re-posting the rules. Please feel free to contribute, even if you aren't doing it for the prizes.

CRISP
/krisp/

abbreviation origin
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun
noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.

-a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.

-an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb
verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.
"I CRISP for my future"

2. previously set up a CRISP.
"sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"

3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.
"I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

Nicely done CryptoBroker79, you must have spent a good amount of time on that.

Thanks, I'd like to opt out of the prize money as well.
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:40:41 AM

Having a issue with the dnote pool.
Seems to be rejecting everything. My hardware seems to be ok , other pools are fine.
Started last night
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:36:11 PM

Seems to be rejecting everything. My hardware seems to be ok , other pools are fine.
Started last night

Hi dukester99,

Still having the issue? The pool appears to be working.

dukester99

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:45:25 PM

Been running great for 5 days now and this is what I am getting.

[2015-03-11 08:44:22] DEBUG: reject reason: Job 'c0bb' not found

[2015-03-11 08:44:22] Rejected 4ccde51e GSD 3@12

[2015-03-11 08:44:22] Rejected 6ccdf06f GSD 1@17

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:47:29 PM

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

Which mining program are you using?

dukester99

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:54:57 PM

Been using Minera / CPUMINER (GC3355 FORK)

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:59:58 PM

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

Not really familiar with that one, have you tried restarting everything and reboot?

dukester99

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:02:14 PM

I restarted the miners and rebooted the software. Did something change like 7 hours ago? I haven't changed anything.

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

Not really familiar with that one, have you tried restarting everything and reboot?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:06:43 PM

I restarted the miners and rebooted the software. Did something change like 7 hours ago? I haven't changed anything.

Started last night

Hi dukester99,

Not to my knowledge, but I will find out. Sending you a PM.

RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

How about Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

How can CRISP be used?
Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.

Thanks BoscoBlue.  Organizations customizing a CRISP is a great idea.  Does anyone want to elaborate on this?

That sounds like the start of a great idea. Lots of possibilities and applications. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on how this could be utilized.

Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.

Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus.

What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?

I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.
Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

I had some time this morning to read the forum and in going back to this post, it hit me square between the eyes who would benefit from this: Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.

Do you think that might pull in some folks who otherwise might remain in the shadows?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:41:01 PM

The coming money wars:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113663/the-most-important-chart-for-the-global-economy

or, why the USA is a target and how it may affect digital currency.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:45:15 PM

How about Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

How can CRISP be used?
Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.

Thanks BoscoBlue.  Organizations customizing a CRISP is a great idea.  Does anyone want to elaborate on this?

That sounds like the start of a great idea. Lots of possibilities and applications. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on how this could be utilized.

Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.

Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus.

I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.
Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

I had some time this morning to read the forum and in going back to this post, it hit me square between the eyes who would benefit from this: Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.

Do you think that might pull in some folks who otherwise might remain in the shadows?

Genius! It would certainly make it more intriguing I think. I can see things like a family college fund. Accounts that are managed by a group, and so on.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

How can CRISP be used?

Genius! It would certainly make it more intriguing I think. I can see things like a family college fund. Accounts that are managed by a group, and so on.

Exactly! With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

And, if you read the article in the link I posted, the handwriting is definitely on the wall. There will be some sort of global financial implosion within the next 5 to ten years or so and traditional money will take a bit hit. Better prepare now....

DNotesVault
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:11:57 PM

How can CRISP be used?

Exactly! With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

And, if you read the article in the link I posted, the handwriting is definitely on the wall. There will be some sort of global financial implosion within the next 5 to ten years or so and traditional money will take a bit hit. Better prepare now....

good idea +5%

and why not , and its somethink that you cant do with actual deposits, its take out all Dnotes or what you need from your plan for 3 days or 5 days or X days to be determinated x times per month or year, if you put back on stablish time not loose interests.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:33:26 PM

The coming money wars:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113663/the-most-important-chart-for-the-global-economy

Great article.  This is starting to feel like the "calm before the storm" we have witnessed before when leading up to a major correction in the financial world.

Can I put your Family CRISP idea in the contest?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:14:22 PM

The coming money wars:

Great article.  This is starting to feel like the "calm before the storm" we have witnessed before when leading up to a major correction in the financial world.

Absolutely, no problem...

DNotesVault
keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:38:33 PM

The coming money wars:

Talking of correction in the financial world, I wanted to highlight the role of money flow into a specific investment vehicle/strategy and its subsequent appreciation. In 1990s venture capital was hot and funds flew into this sector left and right, once dot-com bust took place, hedge funds became hot since investors wanted absolute returns rather than relative returns. Then came the private equity wave and money shifted from hedge funds to private equity firms. Now, that private equity froth has all been skimmed away, money is flowing back again into venture capital firms.

In all this, as digital currencies continue to become more mature and mainstream, it is conceivable that money flow will shift into digital currencies. I am thinking of digital currency as a completely different asset class that different investment managers will focus on (under pressure to produce returns). Why so? Because in all the above money cycle shifts, money sought to get into an asset class/strategy that was in its infancy and thus had potential for huge returns. This holds true for digital currencies.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:59:07 PM

The coming money wars:

Talking of correction in the financial world, I wanted to highlight the role of money flow into a specific investment vehicle/strategy and its subsequent appreciation. In 1990s venture capital was hot and funds flew into this sector left and right, once dot-com bust took place, hedge funds became hot since investors wanted absolute returns rather than relative returns. Then came the private equity wave and money shifted from hedge funds to private equity firms. Now, that private equity froth has all been skimmed away, money is flowing back again into venture capital firms.

In all this, as digital currencies continue to become more mature and mainstream, it is conceivable that money flow will shift into digital currencies. I am thinking of digital currency as a completely different asset class that different investment managers will focus on (under pressure to produce returns). Why so? Because in all the above money cycle shifts, money sought to get into an asset class/strategy that was in its infancy and thus had potential for huge returns. This holds true for digital currencies.

Your first paragraph brought back a lot of memories, some good  and some bad. 

"I am thinking of digital currency as a completely different asset class that different investment managers will focus on (under pressure to produce returns). Why so? Because in all the above money cycle shifts, money sought to get into an asset class/strategy that was in its infancy and thus had potential for huge returns."  This is so true!!  On top of looking for the best returns, fund managers will go so far as to buy the best performing assets at any price in December just so they can list it in their year end prospectus.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:16:12 PM

The coming money wars:

Great article.  This is starting to feel like the "calm before the storm" we have witnessed before when leading up to a major correction in the financial world.

Your analysis is sound in principal and, I firmly believe you are correct but one difference between traditional and crypto is still a road block; knowledge. Fund managers are still wary of crypto and many don't even know it exists. Managers that do know of it are reluctant to incorporate in portfolios either because their investors don't understand or trust it or, the old standby, it's too volatile. I think this is a "cop out" meaning they don't want to spend the time to learn how the markets work nor do they want to spend the  
time nd energy required to manage a crypto investment.

Yes, I'm sure the day will come but it will still be a way off for most people. We all need to educate financial managers to the best of our ability. For example, I have funds under management by Edward Jones. My manager has performed well for the years we have known each other and the fund has done average to just above but when I suggested some investment in crypto, the color drained from his face.

I explained why I was interested, I explained how Bitcoin et al works and pointed him to articles and news about investment and capital but, he still doesn't trust the industry or "pseudo-industry" as he calls it. I'm sure I can bring him around eventually but it will take time and energy to do so.

Yes, you are correct in the long run but, it won't happen on its own, we need to make it happen. The way to do that is to show them the future, not try to explain the present. Humans have active imaginations, if you can paint a picture of a better financial system that has real value and no borders, they will catch on.

DNnotes directly addresses both counter arguments, it's not as volatile as most other coins and, on the surface where it matters, it's easy to understand. It has steadily appreciated since almost day one and there are no hidden features or purposes, no quasi-legal functions and a rather flat learning curve. It is both a currency and a store of value so it's uses are almost endless. Our Vault and CRISP plans are easy to use, and easy to understand and provide real benefits.

What more could they ask for right now?

DNotesVault
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: