Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:17:34 PM

That is a really interesting discussion going on Chase!

I just watched this 3 minute video about 'leadership' and starting a movement. I found it incredibly interesting. I feel much like Digital Currency is currently sitting at the point where about 3 people are involved in the timeline of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbaemWIljeQ

It highlights how 'viral' both Digital Currency, and the DNotes project could become if we can stand up for our values / passion / mutual interests, and embrace our 'first follower' status.

Good share TeeGee, it is a good example of how essential every person involved is to DNotes. We've moved past the point of having just a handful of supporters and starting to grow more quickly. In many discussions with Alan, we recognize year two as the tipping point. We've talked about and demonstrated what we are all about. People are starting to recognize that we mean what we say and stand by it.

That was a great video TeeGee, thanks.  It's funny how something that starts out appearing odd, turns into a movement that leaves you saying WOW!  I agree with you - it feels like DNotes.  I think there are a lot of silent DNotes holders here at Bitcointalk that will make themselves known when that movement heats up.

Your fellow 'first follower',

Chase  Grin Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 07:28:15 PM

thats great, DNotes start to be recogniced by cryptocomunity by his values of stability  and growth, thanks to devs and investors effort and why not comunity too ! we are growing ! in silent, without noise of trolls and pumperdumpers, the 'thinking' of why not DNotes? start to change to hey i get right in DNotes!,

maybe giveaways/bountys must come back to reinforce some other values of DNotes.

I just watched this 3 minute video about 'leadership' and starting a movement. I found it incredibly interesting. I feel much like Digital Currency is currently sitting at the point where about 3 people are involved in the timeline of the video.

It highlights how 'viral' both Digital Currency, and the DNotes project could become if we can stand up for our values / passion / mutual interests, and embrace our 'first follower' status.

oh man i miss so much this partys, life and let life but enjoy tha party !!! just for now i think people entering in cryptoparty yeah enter for fun ideals inversion or whatever i feel like now its the moment when scenario is building and proof of sound are going done, is tons of spectation , while can see some groups like this enjoying the moment (pumpdumpers), but be sure party isnt started already i think, hope lot of people pick some 'tikets' for when the music start to sound  Grin

Thanks infovortice, we are doing a few giveaways through the CRISP programs as well as twitter and twitter contests. What did you have in mind? Just a regular giveaway?

Yeah just give aways for make bigger comunity and share the love,  or bountys for infografics about DNotes and CRISP, tutorials guides various languajes, youtube videos, webs, blogs, chained email .. like twitter, for vote in coinomat or cryptsy, its a lot of things DNotes needs help by comunity just mutual profitz
 Grin
Sure community can add more thing for make giveaway/bounty theme
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:29:38 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 07:54:14 PM by Dyna

Wow. It's 2:20 pm in Chicago. I started work at 5:30 am this morning with one short break. My second break was watching the Youtube video. Everyone should watch it. It's meaningful, educational and entertaining. It relates well to DNotes. We are indeed gaining momentum and at the tipping point, and you, the followers, must continue the movement. DNotes is a lot more than another digital currency. It is becoming an ideology with a global purpose. Other world leaders in related industries are reaching out to us. We may not have a choice but continue to lead, as more and more followers are joining us.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:35:41 PM

Suddenly I feel like DNotes Dancing! What an excellent video to show the power of one person who leads the way and how others, finding his actions worthy, join in and all become one. Once people realize that DNotes is that "One", then all will join and become one. DNotes global commerce acceptance is inevitable.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:09:57 AM

Suddenly I feel like DNotes Dancing! What an excellent video to show the power of one person who leads the way and how others, finding his actions worthy, join in and all become one. Once people realize that DNotes is that "One", then all will join and become one. DNotes global commerce acceptance is inevitable.

This is an excellent video and definitely worth watching. Good leadership is not about telling others what to do but showing and sharing things that are worth doing. It is not about me but about all of us. It is not about exploiting others for personal gain but about working together in things we all believe in for the mutual benefit of everyone. The most valuable form of movement a leader can create is one that perpetuates itself long after the leader is gone; one that the followers keep creating more followers continuously creating ever increasing momentum till it reaches a tipping point and starts to dominate. This is very telling where DNotes is heading.  We could not have produced a more meaningful video ourselves.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:42:35 AM

"DNotes is a strong supporter of Bitcoin and a few of us hold a fair number of Bitcoin."

This is a sensible position. Time will tell; but meanwhile, like it or not, all alts have a relationship with Bigcoin.

Snippet of Theory

All alts are presently vulnerable to dumps. The perversity here is that intending dumpers can be 'all in' the victim alt because selling it is the dump (and afterwards they scuttle off with the Bitcoin they made). Meanwhile, those determined to support that same alt need to hold substantial amounts of Bitcoin as 'anti-dump ammo.'

Perversely then, loving your alt means you can own less of it than the bad guys. Sigh.

IMZ Mark
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:43:23 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 05:56:37 AM by DNotes

Here is an interesting article. It may come as no surprise to us that Millennials trust digital currency more than government controlled fiat. The younger generations are seeing things in a very different light. I read an article breaking down the different generations based on who they trust and why, which I apologize as I couldn't find it for reference, but Millennials have more trust in their peers than governments and corporations. Things like job security, employer loyalty, social security, fair wages and benefits, and even money stability are quickly becoming the way of the past leaving the younger generations in a very insecure position of having to fend for themselves while inheriting prior mistakes. This is just part of the reason digital currency will become so important to our future and DNotes is on the right path.

NYSE Chairman: Millennials Trust Bitcoin More Than Fiat

[...]

Sprecher told CNBC:

"We're seeing millennials trust a currency that is created in the ether, more than they trust fiat currency by government. I think that trend, whether it's a restaurant review or a taxicab or the way you exchange value, is something they believe in and we want to be on top of it because I think it's going to impact you and I."

http://www.coindesk.com/nyse-chairman-millennials-trust-bitcoin-more-than-fiat/

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:58:37 AM

This is an excellent video and definitely worth watching. Good leadership is not about telling others what to do but showing and sharing things that are worth doing. It is not about me but about all of us. It is not about exploiting others for personal gain but about working together in things we all believe in for the mutual benefit of everyone. The most valuable form of movement a leader can create is one that perpetuates itself long after the leader is gone; one that the followers keep creating more followers continuously creating ever increasing momentum till it reaches a tipping point and starts to dominate. This is very telling where DNotes is heading.  We could not have produced a more meaningful video ourselves.

I will watch it today as I have some time spare. I am going to be 50 next year and am thinking that the younglings now have a great opportunity to change the status quo, more so than my generation did. I am glad though to still be alive and still have my marbles at this time to be able to see this miracle of DNOTES and DIGITAL CURRENCY in general unfold. This is a global movement for change, but waiting on just political will to change things doesn't cut it..we all know that and so economic and social input is needed for real lasting change.. DNOTES and DNOTES Community has it all..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:50:34 AM

Like Arte Johnson said on "Laugh In"....VELLLY INTERESTING! I am still trying to decide whether Joe or Alan is the Lone Nut, the Shirtless Dancing Guy. They both kinda fit the bill. Either way, I am glad I was invited to the party. Thank You, Shirtless Dancing Guys!! (I am just glad they put thier shirts back on).

Smokey

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 03:00:51 PM

I will watch it today as I have some time spare. I am going to be 50 next year and am thinking that the younglings now have a great opportunity to change the status quo, more so than my generation did. I am glad though to still be alive and still have my marbles at this time to be able to see this miracle of DNOTES and DIGITAL CURRENCY in general unfold. This is a global movement for change, but waiting on just political will to change things doesn't cut it..we all know that and so economic and social input is needed for real lasting change.. DNOTES and DNOTES Community has it all..

Congrats on your upcoming 50th qiwoman! This is absolutely a great opportunity for the younger generations.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 03:49:17 PM

Mining for profit is a very risky game, it could take months or years to get back your investment, and a lot can change in that time. On top of that, you need to be careful about your purchases, as we have seen with some of the cloud mining services as well as some of the companies selling hardware for pre-order.

Possible $500,000 Bitcoin Cloud Mining Ponzi Scheme Uncovered

Roughly nine months ago, Bitcoin Foundation Chief Scientist Gavin Andresen made a rather interesting comment on Reddit in which he claimed, “I suspect many [cloud mining companies] will turn out to be Ponzi schemes.”

[...]

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20702/exclusive-possible-500000-bitcoin-cloud-mining-ponzi-scheme-uncovered/

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 05:54:06 PM

i remember to see a web page to make DNotes wallet papers isnt? i was searching it but incapable to find it, can anyone pass me link to it please, can be used offline ? i just wanna make some giveaway to FF (family&friends) but sure they are not interested to take try it now .

Mining for profit is a very risky game, it could take months or years to get back your investment, and a lot can change in that time. On top of that, you need to be careful about your purchases, as we have seen with some of the cloud mining services as well as some of the companies selling hardware for pre-order.

Roughly nine months ago, Bitcoin Foundation Chief Scientist Gavin Andresen made a rather interesting comment on Reddit in which he claimed, “I suspect many [cloud mining companies] will turn out to be Ponzi schemes.”

[...]

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20702/exclusive-possible-500000-bitcoin-cloud-mining-ponzi-scheme-uncovered/

for sure.... i cant understand why the people is hurry to say ... shut up and take my money !!!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:29:38 PM

i remember to see a web page to make DNotes wallet papers isnt? i was searching it but incapable to find it, can anyone pass me link to it please, can be used offline ? i just wanna make some giveaway to FF (family&friends) but sure they are not interested to take try it now .

[...]

for sure.... i cant understand why the people is hurry to say ... shut up and take my money !!!
The site that offered it originally is down.
You may use this universal one here. http://cryptolife.net/upwg/ select option 31.

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 06:37:12 PM

aaa all right, just normal i not found it  Grin the option 30 is usable too ? will be good have the paperwallet link in first post with the rest of usefull links

Thanks bro
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 07:01:37 PM

aaa all right, just normal i not found it  Grin the option 30 is usable too ? will be good have the paperwallet link in first post with the rest of usefull links

Thanks bro

No problem. Option 30 is not usable, not for DNotes. Just use 31. Also, if you encrypt the private key, you may want to ensure you can decrypt it before adding a lot of coins to that wallet.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 07:37:41 PM

[...]

As an IT professional, I'm going to offer some advise most people don't want to hear: STAY OUT OF THE "CLOUD"!  There is no such thing, it's a marketing buzz word. Would you use "cloud" services for storing your data, pics, documents, etc if you knew the "cloud" you were connecting to was a basement in Cambodia with a drug lab upstairs and brothel next door? That's a "worst case" scenario but, you get my point right? You have no way to verify who runs it, who maintains it, where it is located and, most importantly, who has assess to the computers and storage drives that make up the infrastructure of any particular "cloud" operation.

It boils down to this: No matter what kind of marketing comes with the offer, stay out of the "cloud"...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 08:08:24 PM

I know there are some folks in here that invested in AsiaCoin in the past. You might want to check this out, looks like they are trying to make a comeback:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595999.3580

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

[...]

As an IT professional, I'm going to offer some advise most people don't want to hear: STAY OUT OF THE "CLOUD"!  There is no such thing, it's a marketing buzz word. Would you use "cloud" services for storing your data, pics, documents, etc if you knew the "cloud" you were connecting to was a basement in Cambodia with a drug lab upstairs and brothel next door? That's a "worst case" scenario but, you get my point right? You have no way to verify who runs it, who maintains it, where it is located and, most importantly, who has assess to the computers and storage drives that make up the infrastructure of any particular "cloud" operation.

It boils down to this: No matter what kind of marketing comes with the offer, stay out of the "cloud"...

Fair warning.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:50:16 PM

I know there are some folks in here that invested in AsiaCoin in the past. You might want to check this out, looks like they are trying to make a comeback:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595999.3580

I have closed my Asiacoin account at a loss a long time ago. Wish them the best, though.

For now I am exclusively invested in DNotes, Bitcoin and Ripple. I am ahead in one out of three, not counting on seven others I have written off.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 03:53:13 AM

More news in digital currency regulation. I haven't gotten through the entire bill as of yet, but this one is targeting companies that maintain full ownership of digital currencies for others (web wallet, exchanges, and the like), operating in California. A $5,000 application fee is required, annually, unless deemed exempt.

Bitcoin Regulation Bill Approved by Californian State Assembly

California's State Assembly has approved a bill calling for digital currency companies to be regulated in a similar way to banks.

Formulated by Assemblyman Matt Dababneh, chairman of California's Banking and Finance Committee, bill AB-1326 was approved following a 55-22 vote in favour.

Currently undergoing review by California's Senate – having already completed the first of three readings – if passed, the bill would require digital currency businesses to obtain an annually renewable license from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO), unless they are exempt from doing so by the agency.

As previously reported by CoinDesk, license applicants would incur a $5,000 non-refundable registration fee; would be required to complete an application which includes identifying any previous virtual currency services provided by the applicant.

[...]

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-regulation-bill-approved-by-californian-state-assembly/

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: