Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814490 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 06:16:07 PM

Excellent! This conference is shaping up very nicely, good match up with our offerings, programs and goals.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:45:36 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 01:01:56 AM by DNotes

Worth a read.

Bitcoin company ditches New York, blaming new regulations

It’s been barely a week since the BitLicense was released, and it has already driven a bitcoin startup out of New York.

ShapeShift.io, a bitcoin startup that allows people to quickly exchange digital currencies without an account or arduous signup process, has completely cut off service to New York in response to the state’s new regulatory policy for digital currency businesses. The BitLicense, which was finalized last week, sparked fear among the bitcoin community during its revision process over the past year, and now that it is out, has courted criticism for the various licenses and approvals it requires of companies that store and transmit money for customers. It is seen as too stringent and restrictive of innovation.

The BitLicense backlash began last week with official statements and responses from bitcoin startup executives as well as policy pundits. ShapeShift is the first business to promptly ‘get out of dodge’ in response to the policy. (Bitcoin wallet provider Xapo moved its headquarters to Switzerland last month, but stated that it was not out of fear of regulation.)

[...]

https://fortune.com/2015/06/11/bitcoin-shapeshift-new-york-bitlicense/

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:50:15 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 02:40:32 AM by Chase

Worth a read.

Bitcoin company ditches New York, blaming new regulations

It’s been barely a week since the BitLicense was released, and it has already driven a bitcoin startup out of New York.

ShapeShift.io, a bitcoin startup that allows people to quickly exchange digital currencies without an account or arduous signup process, has completely cut off service to New York in response to the state’s new regulatory policy for digital currency businesses. The BitLicense, which was finalized last week, sparked fear among the bitcoin community during its revision process over the past year, and now that it is out, has courted criticism for the various licenses and approvals it requires of companies that store and transmit money for customers. It is seen as too stringent and restrictive of innovation.

The BitLicense backlash began last week with official statements and responses from bitcoin startup executives as well as policy pundits. ShapeShift is the first business to promptly ‘get out of dodge’ in response to the policy. (Bitcoin wallet provider Xapo moved its headquarters to Switzerland last month, but stated that it was not out of fear of regulation.)

[...]

https://fortune.com/2015/06/11/bitcoin-shapeshift-new-york-bitlicense/

The states and / or countries that get it right will be rewarded with job growth and economic prosperity.  Unfortunately, that may not be New York.  

"Unfortunately, in spite of the technological achievements that now protect consumers, some jurisdictions have legally mandated the continued extraction of sensitive private information.” Then it lists those jurisdictions; they are New York State and North Korea."  I wonder what the people of New York think of their state appearing in the same sentence as North Korea??

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:02:49 PM

Jeff is one of my new connections on LinkedIn professional network. He is an amazing writer, Ghostwriter, Speaker, and Inc. Magazine Contributing Editor.

Among other things, it reminds that we all get "lucky breaks" from time to time. Most people don't recognize, appreciate, or take advantage of them and simply let them pass by.

I wish DNotes fell on my lap ten years earlier but instead of wishing what I cannot chance I consider it as my luckiest break of a life time. If it is being reflected that way, it is because I believe that it is. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Enjoy.

Quote from:
Jeff HadenInfluencer
Ghostwriter, Speaker, Inc. Magazine Contributing Editor

Ten Choices You Will Always Regret Making

Hindsight is a funny thing. Look forward and the path seems uncertain, the future unpredictable. Look back and all the dots seem to connect... except the dots that mark the choices you didn't make, and the risks you didn't take.

Here are choices you will someday regret having made:
1. Choosing not to be brave.
Being brave doesn't mean you aren't afraid -- in fact, the opposite is true. Courage without thought or meaning is simply recklessness. Brave people aren't fearless;they've simply found something that matters more to them than fear.

Say you're scared to start a business. Find a reason that means more: creating a better future for your family, wanting to make a real difference, or hoping for a more rewarding and fulfilling life.
Once you find a greater meaning, you also find courage. See fear not as something to shrink from but as something to overcome -- because that's all it is.

Read More:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ten-choices-you-always-regret-making-jeff-haden
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 01:42:19 PM

Jeff is one of my new connections on LinkedIn professional network. He is an amazing writer, Ghostwriter, Speaker, and Inc. Magazine Contributing Editor.

Among other things, it reminds that we all get "lucky breaks" from time to time. Most people don't recognize, appreciate, or take advantage of them and simply let them pass by.

I wish DNotes fell on my lap ten years earlier but instead of wishing what I cannot chance I consider it as my luckiest break of a life time. If it is being reflected that way, it is because I believe that it is. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Enjoy.

Quote from:
Jeff HadenInfluencer

Hindsight is a funny thing. Look forward and the path seems uncertain, the future unpredictable. Look back and all the dots seem to connect... except the dots that mark the choices you didn't make, and the risks you didn't take.

Being brave doesn't mean you aren't afraid -- in fact, the opposite is true. Courage without thought or meaning is simply recklessness. Brave people aren't fearless;they've simply found something that matters more to them than fear.

Say you're scared to start a business. Find a reason that means more: creating a better future for your family, wanting to make a real difference, or hoping for a more rewarding and fulfilling life.
Once you find a greater meaning, you also find courage. See fear not as something to shrink from but as something to overcome -- because that's all it is.

Read More:

The important point here is "choice". Everything we do in life starts with a choice. If you think you can't make one, then you are wrong, as you have already decided, and made the choice not to choose.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:36:43 PM

Enjoy.

Quote from:
Jeff HadenInfluencer

Read More:

The important point here is "choice". Everything we do in life starts with a choice. If you think you can't make one, then you are wrong, as you have already decided, and made the choice not to choose.

YES, the choices we make are who we have become and are yet to be! There are always three choices in any situation. Do it, don't do it, or do nothing.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 02:59:03 PM

Enjoy.

Quote from:
Jeff HadenInfluencer

Read More:

This quote from his article resonates with me. Once I set myself on a path and have determined I am going to do something, I won't stop until it happens.

3. Choosing not to say, "I will."

A boss once gave me what I thought was an impossible task. I said, "OK. I'll try."

He told me trying didn't matter--as long as I didn't quit, I'd finish it. Trying didn't enter into it. Persistence was all that mattered.

Often we say, "I'll try," because that gives us an out. Our egos aren’t on the line. Our identities aren’t on the line. After all, we're just "trying."

Once you say, "I will," your perspective changes. What previously seemed insurmountable is no longer a matter of luck or chance but of time and effort and persistence.

When what you want to do really matters, don't say, "I'll try." Say, "I will," and then do everything possible to keep that promise to yourself.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 05:09:52 PM

A step in the right direction here.

GOOD NEWS: NO VAT ON BITCOIN IN SWITZERLAND

Bitcoin users do not have to pay value added tax (VAT) on bitcoin in Switzerland. The Swiss Tax Administration (ESTV) has announced there will be no VAT on bitcoin transactions, according to Bitcoin Association Switzerland.

The news brings hope not only to bitcoin users in Switzerland, but worldwide. Switzerland has a global reputation for financial security. Bitcoin supporters want governments to view bitcoin as a method of payment, not as a delivery of goods or a service subject to a VAT. Bitcoin supporters have noted that it will be difficult for bitcoin to become an accepted currency if bitcoin transactions are subject to VAT.

“This is excellent news for bitcoin in Switzerland as it provides the legal certainty we need to professionally operate our business,” said Niklas Nikolajsen, CEO of Bitcoin Suisse AG, a bitcoin brokerage.

Swiss bitcoin organizations called for clarification

The ESTV made its decision after three Swiss bitcoin organizations asked it clarify the legality of VAT in regards to bitcoin. The bitcoin organizations formally presented their request in February of 2014. ESTV addressed whether the transfer of bitcoins constitutes a delivery of goods or a service. ESTV decided that the transfer of bitcoins constitutes neither of these.

Switzerland treats bitcoins like any other means of payment. A bitcoin merchant does not charge VAT.

Paying for a pizza with bitcoins is not a barter trade, and therefore it cannot trigger double taxation.

Trading bitcoins for Swiss Francs is an exchange of legal tender against a non-official means of payment. The trade is no different than exchanging of Swiss Francs for Euros.

Transaction fees that bitcoin brokerages charge are exempt from VAT under article 21 section 2 of the Swiss VAT act.

[...]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/good-news-no-vat-bitcoin-switzerland/

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 06:43:11 PM

A step in the right direction here.

GOOD NEWS: NO VAT ON BITCOIN IN SWITZERLAND

Bitcoin users do not have to pay value added tax (VAT) on bitcoin in Switzerland. The Swiss Tax Administration (ESTV) has announced there will be no VAT on bitcoin transactions, according to Bitcoin Association Switzerland.

The news brings hope not only to bitcoin users in Switzerland, but worldwide. Switzerland has a global reputation for financial security. Bitcoin supporters want governments to view bitcoin as a method of payment, not as a delivery of goods or a service subject to a VAT. Bitcoin supporters have noted that it will be difficult for bitcoin to become an accepted currency if bitcoin transactions are subject to VAT.

“This is excellent news for bitcoin in Switzerland as it provides the legal certainty we need to professionally operate our business,” said Niklas Nikolajsen, CEO of Bitcoin Suisse AG, a bitcoin brokerage.

Swiss bitcoin organizations called for clarification

The ESTV made its decision after three Swiss bitcoin organizations asked it clarify the legality of VAT in regards to bitcoin. The bitcoin organizations formally presented their request in February of 2014. ESTV addressed whether the transfer of bitcoins constitutes a delivery of goods or a service. ESTV decided that the transfer of bitcoins constitutes neither of these.

Switzerland treats bitcoins like any other means of payment. A bitcoin merchant does not charge VAT.

Paying for a pizza with bitcoins is not a barter trade, and therefore it cannot trigger double taxation.

Trading bitcoins for Swiss Francs is an exchange of legal tender against a non-official means of payment. The trade is no different than exchanging of Swiss Francs for Euros.

Transaction fees that bitcoin brokerages charge are exempt from VAT under article 21 section 2 of the Swiss VAT act.

[...]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/good-news-no-vat-bitcoin-switzerland/

here in spain trade cryptos is tax free too, if buy something that uses country stuff must pay like in fiat. And if you take profits from trading cryptos and download to your fiat bank, same must pay taxxxes. i think is well done law.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:33:03 AM

Here's an interesting news article:

Are Bitcoin Startups Bound to Crush the Banks?

Bitcoin Startups are getting into every sector of the financial business, and the banks know it. Online businesses have been threatening the banks, and now a massive wave of Bitcoin startups are innovating the financial sector up to the point that banks needed to act.

Personal-finance startups are helping consumers balance their checkbooks online. Refinancing startups are taking advantage of cheap debt to offer students better rates on loans; on the other hand, all these new startups are introducing an innovative and more simplistic approach for the financial business industry.

All of it is taking a lot of the business away from banks. The biggest firms on Wall Street have been employing all sorts of tactics to defend their top line from invasions coming from new technologies such as Bitcoin.

But now we are seeing a new turning point. Many big banks are now investing in startups. Increasingly, seed-stage ventures and accelerators have been formed as Wall Street firms snap up a piece of hundreds of pre-IPO companies.

Wells Fargo has backed a handful of startups through its accelerator. One has the potential to help big banks get slimmer on staffing. Kasisto is a platform for financial institutions providing clients virtual personal assistants. And Bank of America has sponsored tech accelerators in New York, London, and Charlotte.

Sometimes banks wind up jointly investing in the same startup, like Motif Investing, an online broker. Both JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs backed that platform. JP Morgan also backed Square, along with numerous big banks’ investment arms.  And even Morgan Stanley, which has had a relatively muted presence in the investing scene, has struck deals to back companies like messaging platform Perzo and Eris Exchange. Goldman Sachs also backed Square, along with other big startups. Other deals for the bank have included Kensho, a market data analytics firm. Goldman is even backing Bitcoin startups.

It seems that Banks are now looking towards earlier stage investments and opportunities; they cannot risk being left behind.  Technologies such as Bitcoin are seen has innovations that can bring up a lot of potential to the financial industry and this time, the Bitcoin Industry and the Blockchain technology has finally caught their interest.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/12/are-bitcoin-startups-bound-to-crush-the-banks/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:50:27 AM

Bitcoin Startups are getting into every sector of the financial business, and the banks know it. Online businesses have been threatening the banks, and now a massive wave of Bitcoin startups are innovating the financial sector up to the point that banks needed to act.

Personal-finance startups are helping consumers balance their checkbooks online. Refinancing startups are taking advantage of cheap debt to offer students better rates on loans; on the other hand, all these new startups are introducing an innovative and more simplistic approach for the financial business industry.

All of it is taking a lot of the business away from banks. The biggest firms on Wall Street have been employing all sorts of tactics to defend their top line from invasions coming from new technologies such as Bitcoin.

But now we are seeing a new turning point. Many big banks are now investing in startups. Increasingly, seed-stage ventures and accelerators have been formed as Wall Street firms snap up a piece of hundreds of pre-IPO companies.

Wells Fargo has backed a handful of startups through its accelerator. One has the potential to help big banks get slimmer on staffing. Kasisto is a platform for financial institutions providing clients virtual personal assistants. And Bank of America has sponsored tech accelerators in New York, London, and Charlotte.

Sometimes banks wind up jointly investing in the same startup, like Motif Investing, an online broker. Both JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs backed that platform. JP Morgan also backed Square, along with numerous big banks’ investment arms.  And even Morgan Stanley, which has had a relatively muted presence in the investing scene, has struck deals to back companies like messaging platform Perzo and Eris Exchange. Goldman Sachs also backed Square, along with other big startups. Other deals for the bank have included Kensho, a market data analytics firm. Goldman is even backing Bitcoin startups.

It seems that Banks are now looking towards earlier stage investments and opportunities; they cannot risk being left behind.  Technologies such as Bitcoin are seen has innovations that can bring up a lot of potential to the financial industry and this time, the Bitcoin Industry and the Blockchain technology has finally caught their interest.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/12/are-bitcoin-startups-bound-to-crush-the-banks/

Chase, this is a great article. I have been getting a few requests a week from major bank representatives to connect with me on my LinkedIn professional network. As always I have been  gracious and treated them all with respect. This is a rapidly changing environment. There are many challenges and many opportunities. I am confident that DNotes is very well positioned to lead the digital currency arena one day.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 12:50:41 AM

It is a very interesting article Chase. Financial institutions should absolutely get involved in digital currency. It only makes sense.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:41:42 AM

"I have been getting a few requests a week from major bank representatives to connect with me on my LinkedIn professional network."

Yeh, okay: this is deeply impressive.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:58:55 AM

It is a very interesting article Chase. Financial institutions should absolutely get involved in digital currency. It only makes sense.

Personally I hope the banks are shaking in their boots.  They as a whole have done a lot to damage the economy while raking in the dough. However, I am skeptical and perhaps think as an industry will try their best to muddy the waters and to somehow try to make a killing off of digital currency.  They have been bailed out in the "too big to fail" before while continuing to pay top dollar to executives.  Again, as a small business if there is not enough money to go around guess who does not get paid?  I will give you one hint, it is not my employees!  I certainly hope they can bring something to the table if they are headed towards getting into digital currency and I hope that something turns out to be positive for EVERYONE!
grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:07:38 AM

This is coming up quick.  I know Alan has done a lot of research and is preparing to give an excellent presentation. Go Alan Go!  We are all backing you whether you know it or not.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:26:18 AM

Hello Friends, I'm new here. next 2 weeks will dedicate my presence here just to study. I'm Israeli journalist and poet. know: there is a lot to study about this amazing field of digital currencies
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:08:06 PM

Hello Friends, I'm new here. next 2 weeks will dedicate my presence here just to study. I'm Israeli journalist and poet. know: there is a lot to study about this amazing field of digital currencies

Hello mati. Welcome to DNotes forum. We are delighted that you can join our community. There is indeed a lot to study and learn. I am amaze how a small community, with common goals, can accomplish so much in just over a year.

It is even more amazing to understand that we are just a group of common people of limited means, with a strong conviction that by working productively together for mutual benefits; beyond just ourselves, we can deliver uncommon results.

The world has been changing at an ever increasing rate. The most fortunate top 2% of the population is almost at the point of owing 50% of the global wealth. The remaining 50% is shared by the remaining 98% of the population. Billions of people have struggled in poverty, with 2.5 billion worldwide collectively known as the unbanked or underserved by banks and financial services.

We are strong believers that, a trusted stable digital currency, like DNotes, when positioned with the right purpose and worthy mission, can be a solution to solving global problems. To accomplish that we must build the currency from ground up with trust and integrity with strong long term commitment to create fundamental value and stability. The currency must be available for everyone worldwide.

By having the most important segments of our own ecosystem like CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs we will soon have a solid foundation to expand globally. We hope you will go a long way in assisting us in the success of DNotes in your region. Feel free to ask questions and let us know if we can be helpful. Welcome onboard.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:36:56 PM

Hi matatyau-cohen and welcome to DNotes!  Smiley

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:47:02 PM

Thank you. I'll bring here my views and ideas and try together to go forward
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 02:09:48 PM

Thank you. I'll bring here my views and ideas and try together to go forward

Welcome matatyau-cohen! Thank you for joining us. Look forward to it.

Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: